#3 - Here He Comes Again

Ansamcw

WORD JennaZ

That dual nature in Clay is what makes him endlessly fascinating for me. You can never really say you know what he would do in a given situation. I also imagine this is what makes him polarizing and why some people just don;t get him.

I think we should have this as a future topic in our gabfest...I could write a thesis on this...

why would Clay go on TAR with a fear of water? sputterwhy, why.[spffft why - I wanted to go on TAR, even with bad knees (car accident) and a terrifying fear of Bungie jumping, a TAR staple from the first show. I figured when I had to do it I would.

WHAT??!?!?!? No one else tries for something like that - well now I know I am too old, but I could never find a partner - Hmmm some one I met on a message board might be a good type of partner ship and we could play Clay's album at ever stop and carry posters and do Clay imitations to bring us close to Clay fans world wide. looks around for someone else with the same stupid idea Hey!

Waves back at GeorgiaClay

I bring something - Newedit617 made sheet music for Everything I have link

May our musicians enjoy.

Edited by playbiller

Because while I believe that he doesn't like surprises and wouldn't want big changes imposed upon him without his consent, I'm not sure he really would be content with strict routine. His concerts may have had the same general structure, but no two were ever identical, and that was typically because of him. He changed things up. The Christmas shows showed less variation, but even in those, sometimes he'd sing a song one way, sometimes he'd sing them another. You'd never know quite what you'd get.

I think that after a while, Clay gets bored with sameness, and that occasionally, he feels compelled to shake things up a bit. TAR may have been one attempt to shake up his life a bit, at the time. I wouldn't be shocked if we see similar surprises from him in the future.

ITA with you on this. He's told us he doesn't like surprises...but you're right, he seems to "shake things up" in his life from time to time. I actually find that quite an admirable trait in him; so many people aren't willing to do something that would energize them and make their lives richer in some way. He is.

And the beauty part of that? It means he surprises US. It makes being a fan of his all that much more enjoyable, IMO.

BTW, I was talking to my boss about concerts, while we were riding back from a meeting in her car (2 1/2 hour trip). My boss has MoAM (given to her by her daughter); she knew I was a fan via the pictures I have around my office, and my computer wallpaper; and bought ATDW. The WalMart placement that first week worked for her (front rack, by the front door, near the grocery section area). I didn't tell her anything, I swear! Anyway, she LOVES the album, and we put it in the CD player on the way back. I then told her about going to see Clay for the first two shows of the Christmas "tour." Her question was -- "wouldn't it be boring seeing the same show twice?" She really didn't understand how things could change from show to show, so I really had to explain to her how he throws in different banter every night, etc. She then understood. *g*

Man, interesting to look at some places I have not been for a while - one was a bingo!

HUH?!?!? Am I having a blond moment? I don't get it.

Oh, playbiller's being all mysterious..... Hmmm, is something up?

I got nothing, other than I watched the "Ah shaved mah leg for yew!" Kimmel clack for about the millionth time while waiting for "Heroes" to start and I still can't stop giggling. :D

Waves to all!

I am doing some analysis right now - I will be back, maybe tomorrow.

I definitely learned a source.

Wow this is intriguing...can't wait till you get back...hope you haven'e ended up in the island in LOST.

eta: EEEEEEEE another Heroes fan!!! I'm loving this show so much!!!

I am doing some analysis right now - I will be back, maybe tomorrow.

I definitely learned a source.

Wow this is intriguing...can't wait till you get back...hope you haven'e ended up in the island in LOST.

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42...whew! Timer reset.

WHAT?!?!?

Seriously...part of me is curious as hell. Part of me wants to know absolutely NOTHING. My fandom seems happier when I DON'T know anything. But I'm also like my cats, curious. What to do? What to do?

Aw heck, I'll be here tomorrow with bells on. :D

But I'll probably feel like I'll need a shower later...

*sigh* I love Kenny.

Heee~ so do I! (that's my hubby's name.... :P^_^ )

Now ain't that convenient???? :D

oh yeah.....especially while I was writing "Born of Fire: Kenny and Me"...heh B)

Lawd Jesus! :o I'm actually feeling panicky about going to work! I have so much to do and I'm so behind and the conference is NEXT WEEK! and the staff is expecting me to be all organized and on top of things (heh) for a meeting today and I woke up at 3:12 this morning worried, worried and never got back to sleep and now I have to go and...

:(:unsure:

MUST.LISTEN.TO.CLAY.ON.WAY.TO.WORK. :blink:

Hmmm, so the October Ignoring of '06 (not to be confused with the Silence of the HAIR from the first part of the year) is all muski's fault? <_< I think some smacking around might be in order...

So, I haven't seen pb back with her research yet. I hope Bad Glasses Man and Creepy Bald Guy of Silence (tm the TWoP recapper of "Heroes") haven't gotten to her first.... :ph34r:

Edited by bottlecap

Hmmm, so the October Ignoring of '06 (not to be confused with the Silence of the HAIR from the first part of the year) is all muski's fault? <_< I think some smacking around might be in order...

So, I haven't seen pb back with her research yet. I hope Bad Glasses Man and Creepy Bald Guy of Silence (tm the TWoP recapper of "Heroes") haven't gotten to her first.... :ph34r:

Oh no...we don;t want her memories hollowed out!!!

I just hope she didn't have to go into hiding because of the information she uncovered.... <_<

sigh I think i am watching too much TV... -_-

OK I bet she is just out having fun with her little best friend... :D

I bring no news - I was hoping to find out where some of the most recent quoted "statistics' about RCA originates, but, alas, it turned out to be a tiring same old same old. Google is not my friend. Never mistake me for Nany Drew, although I did study under a Carolyn Keene in college.

On the fun front, How are those contests coming? I need to go to a few message boards and post the approaching deadlines and see if any other new montages have been posted so I can fill up their PM boxes.

I have not mailed any contribution yet. It is in a box, but I just picked somethings quickly and threw them in a box, I need to actually change some of them. I will not be running errands today, just making repars on my gutters, so I have to get snapping. See you later.

Waves to everyone whohas a job.

Edited by playbiller

oh we have around 14 banners ...we have around 3 Claycentric montage and 1 other subject. Not worried about the montage that deadline is still far.

We might extend the parody though..we have 5 entries I think ...we would love more.

ah...sorry your hot lead turned cold...maybe if yout pattern yourself to Veronica Mars...more up to date female sleuth... :D

Rainlover found the advertisement for Clay's Christmas concert on the Hartford Symphony's website, and it includes this setlist:

Program to include the following selections:

Sleigh Ride

Winter Wonderland

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

A Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)

Christmas Waltz

Merry Christmas With Love

What Are You Doing New Years Eve?

Hark The Herald Angels Sing/O Come All Ye Faithful

The First Noel

Mary Did You Know

My Grown Up Christmas List

Don't Save It All For Christmas Day

O Come O Come Emmanuel

EEEEEEEE! I can't wait for the cellcerts and Christmas Clack to start rolling in!

:bounce: :00000441: :bounce: :00000441: :bounce: :00000441:

EEEEEEEEEEEEE! :laola0:

Have I mentioned that I'll be at the first two shows?!?!? 'Cause I am. This will be my first time at a "first" show, and I'm really looking forward to it. Got great seats for both shows too -- 4th row in Waukegan (although I think that might turn a little further back, depending on if they fill the pit with seats or not), and 13th row dead center for Merrillville.

So, I'm hoping that his WAYDNYE will provide me with a good eyef**k to my row. Hee.

And MGUCL? That will be simply lovely. He KILLED on that last year from GMA.

Of course, the big question will be: what WILL he wear? Am I asking too much for my wanting him to be in a full tux? Or at least that wonderful long coat?

The other thing that will be quite curious indeed is watching the HAIR sing Christmas songs. That will probably take a bit of adjustment. :blink:

First shows are great - last summer I was at the first and last JBT shows - that WAS something! I mean we had no idea about anything for the JBT. It just unfolded before us.

So you can tell us how hard it is to wait throught the first half.

EEEEEEEEEEEE can;t wait....

ldyjocelyn...will be looking forward to your first reports....

I do wonder if the line up will be the same in all concerts...what will his finale be...will there be an encore.

Someone pointed out to me that OHN isn't on this list. While that does disappoint me a bit (because I LOVE his arrangement of it, specifically with going into "Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring" at the end, I'm actually quite thrilled with this set list. A good mix of secular and religious, songs on the album, and those that aren't, and uptempo vs. calming.

I also noticed they didn't mention GN.

My guess is that they will "pick and choose" songs from this list, just because that's practically the full JNT 2004 concert right there time wise. (Or am I overestimating that time frame?) So maybe, just maybe, the orchestras in question will have a say on what songs are done. I'd venture that the only guaranteed song is DSIAFCD. I also wouldn't be surprised is Emmanuel is the encore.

I hope I remember half of it to report back later. The pressure will be enormous! *g*

Koreck speling is gud...