The Emmy's

Ansamcw

is that xtina with Tony Bennet? they sound great!

The half-naked dancers were extraordinarily tacky and distracting. Good job disguising Christina's pregnancy, and she did sound good when she wasn't melisma-ing up the end. In your face, Britney! Tony looked a little lifeless.

I just tuned in - has the whole show so far been so - I dunno - cheap and rough-seeming? Not impressed so far.

is that xtina with Tony Bennet? they sound great!

The half-naked dancers were extraordinarily tacky and distracting. Good job disguising Christina's pregnancy, and she did sound good when she wasn't melisma-ing up the end. In your face, Britney! Tony looked a little lifeless.

I just tuned in - has the whole show so far been so - I dunno - cheap and rough-seeming? Not impressed so far.

Since Conan just won, I'd say cheap and rough would be a good start at summing it up.

Also pretty low for him to single out Terry from Desperate Housewives (they dated for a bit a couple of years ago)

Teri Hatcher told the real story about her and Ryan when she was promoting her book on Oprah. She said they had one date, Ryan told her to meet him up the coast at a restaurant that was out of the way so they could have privacy. They then went down on the beach where all of a sudden a photograph popped up and snapped their picture when Ryan bent down to kiss her. When they left and she was driving back she got a phone call from Ryan who said he could no longer see her, he couldn't take the pressure.

She pretty much said she felt he had arranged for the photographer to be there and their date was all a publicity stunt.

Also pretty low for him to single out Terry from Desperate Housewives (they dated for a bit a couple of years ago)

Teri Hatcher told the real story about her and Ryan when she was promoting her book on Oprah. She said they had one date, Ryan told her to meet him up the coast at a restaurant that was out of the way so they could have privacy. They then went down on the beach where all of a sudden a photograph popped up and snapped their picture when Ryan bent down to kiss her. When they left and she was driving back she got a phone call from Ryan who said he could no longer see her, he couldn't take the pressure.

She pretty much said she felt he had arranged for the photographer to be there and their date was all a publicity stunt.

Well, that was cheap! I wonder if it was true? I'd never heard anything about them 'dating'. Did the picture ever surface anywhere? Isn't she quite a bit older than him? Not that there's anything wrong with an older woman and a younger man. :eusa_whistle:

WOW Leslie Carron...she certainly aged well...

ok..so who won in the guest actor in a drama series.

I'm not sure they said it, but John Goodman won for Studio 60.

*shakes fist at the world that would cancel Studio 60 while Skanky Griffin remains on the air*

Yay for John Stewart!

Edited by cindilu2

YAY...Daily show!!!

Can Steve Carrell just host this show...the good thing is, Ryan is not on all the time.

YAY Jon stewart said what we were saying..this round stage makes it awkward for half of the audience.

so who won guest actor again????

eta: thanks cindy

Look up ^^^ Ansa. :-)

From the Emmy's website:

Awards are also handed out for animation, reality series and other programming, and four acting categories. Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series went to Leslie Caron for Law & Order: Special Victims Unit; Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series went to Elaine Stritch for 30 Rock; Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series went to John Goodman for Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip; and Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series went to Stanley Tucci for Monk.

Edited by cindilu2

Look up ^^^ Ansa. :-)

From the Emmy's website:

Awards are also handed out for animation, reality series and other programming, and four acting categories. Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series went to Leslie Caron for Law & Order: Special Victims Unit; Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series went to Elaine Stritch for 30 Rock; Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series went to John Goodman for Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip; and Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series went to Stanley Tucci for Monk.

I was hoping it would be the guy from Boston Legal. His character has Asperger's syndrome (which is a form of autism) and he is just amazing in the role. And :clap: for the Daly show. I love Jon Stewart and hope to see Clay on his show someday.