# 68: The Absurdly Charming Clay Aiken

ldyjocelyn

Yes, Clay's in a fighting mood!

Senator Mitch McConnell, Majority Leader of the Senate, tweeted:

The American people are perfectly capable of having their say on the #SCOTUSnominee. So let’s give them a voice. pic.twitter.com/8KyGZTuqoo

CdrkM7aWEAAzAX9_zpsqxrwvytx.jpg

Clay's reply:

I'm pretty sure the people did use our voice. Overwhelmingly, in 2008 & 2012. #DoYourJob

Another one!

.@SenateMajLdr would rather a nom from #Clinton or #Trump than moderate from @POTUS. Hillary shld scare the GOP. Trump shld SCARE us ALL.

4 minutes ago, merrieeee said:

He's using his voice!

I just had that same thought!  

He's realized the power of Social Media, specifically Twitter.  It really is amazing how far Twitter has come, and how much it can bring change whether personal (for example, his UPS or Volvo problems) or more professional (which is what I'd call these tweets today...but that's just me).

And to think, he once called Twitter "the devil."  LOL!

Another Instagram video (also Twitter and Facebook):

Sweet merciful Lord, save us.#Trump #NeverTrump #Drumpf@morningjoe @mikabrzezinski@joescarborough @realdonaldtrump#morningjoe #donaldtrump #GOP

I missed the usage of "monolithic" but caught "obfuscate" right away.  He knows words and stuff.  (Unlike the guy who says he knows words who is running for president...)

Show proposal:  "Clay Aiken and Meghan McCain, Point - Counterpoint."  And there would be NO "Meghan, you ignorant slut."  *g*

ETA:  Link to download the podcast:  http://www.americanowradio.com/media/play/26822893/

Ted Johnson @tedstew
Coming up at 2 pm ET/11 a.m. PT on Variety's PopPolitics on @SXMPOTUS: @clayaiken on Trump, Hillary and Bernie.

That's a Sirius XM radio channel.  Can't listen either!  AAAAARGH!

Some tweets from today. 

@clayaiken enjoyed your interview on potus. You're very well spoken. Made a lot of sense in your assessments of candidates.

>>@tedstew @SXMPOTUS @clayaiken Excellent interview with #ClayAiken! Very informative. Thanks #politics

@clayaiken Just listened to your interview on Pop Politics. Very well spoken. Much respect.

Clay just posted on Facebook:

This is EVERYTHING. I can't wait to watch Merle Dandridge win the TV.

It leads to a post from Merle.  She's going to be on a show this summer produced by Oprah!