# 68: The Absurdly Charming Clay Aiken

ldyjocelyn

Clay retweet.

@includingkids: Rooting 4 U! #goals RT: @Tuddy_Puff:When I get rich I'm going 2give a ton of $$ 2 @includingkids b/c it's a great charity& I mean @clayaiken

Hee ninna!

Clays Christmas album is my FAVORITE! Saw the Joyful Noise Tour with my mom and have since lost her so hearing him sing these songs brings back memories of the smile on her face when she wad in Clays presence...Thank you Clay!

Clays Christmas album is my FAVORITE! Saw the Joyful Noise Tour with my mom and have since lost her so hearing him sing these songs brings back memories of the smile on her face when she was in Clays presence...Thank you Clay!

• Like 1

ninna, I love that Garfield, and that's kind of the way I feel right about now...

clayschampion, welcome to the party!

School starts Monday at my college, and my library is in the last minute chaos of finishing a major remodeling project. Everything has to be done by Monday! We have a new entry way, a new classroom, new carpeting, and new furniture. It really looks good, but it's worn me out. I'm having beer and pizza for dinner this evening.

Finally! May be too late though...

Volvo Cars US ‏@volvocarsus 35m35 minutes ago

@clayaiken Hi Clay, we'd like to try to help and make this right for you. Where are you located? Please DM us your contact info. Thanks!

This is cute...

Jenna ‏@Tuddy_Puff 1h1 hour ago

Why did God have to make someone as beautiful as Clay Aiken gay and twenty years older than me? ?

washingtonpost.com

Singer and failed congressional candidate Clay Aiken catches ‘Dear Evan Hansen’ at Arena Stage

Singer and failed congressional candidate Clay Aiken catches ‘Dear Evan Hansen’ at Arena Stage

By Emily Heil August 17 at 2:53 PM

Hey, isn’t that … ‘American Idol’ fan fave and former congressional candidate Clay Aiken, catching the Friday-night performance of “Dear Evan Hansen” at Arena Stage?

The crooner/wannabe lawmaker has a connection to the hit show: its music director, Ben Cohn, is Aiken’s own music director, arranging tunes and playing piano for many of his live and studio performances.

Spotting Aiken begs the question of what’s he been up to since losing to Rep. Renee L. Ellmers (R-N.C.) in the 2014 general election after clinching the Democratic primary? Not suffering from sore-loser syndrome, at least. Seems Aiken has embraced his role as the forever second-placer (he was also the runner-up in “American Idol” and got bested by Arsenio Hall in 2012 on “Celebrity Apprentice”), identifying himself in his Twitter bio as “America’s #1 Number Two”.

And he hasn’t ruled out another run for public office, telling Time in April: “I think it’ll happen.”

I always wondered when he said after the OFC folded that he would communicate on the new site, how that could possibly work for anything really private. Guess the CV will be the answer. At least we won't be scrambling around, like yesterday. His interview with Meghan McCain was intetesting