Nov. 2, Vancouver

Ansamcw

From CB:

CLAY SETTING UP A TABLE, CHESTNUTS ROASTNG ON AN OPEN FIRE.......THE CHRISTMAS SONG

---

Now singing The Christmas Song (chestnuts roasting) - very slow arrangement, sounds beautiful

---

Chestnuts Roasting....really slow and pretty!

---

HAIR LOOKS LIGHTER THAN USUAL.....LOOKS GORGEOUS....AUDIENCE LOVIN HIM......CENTER STAGE NOWMERRY CHRISTMAS TOO YOUUUUUUUUUU

---

Th Christmas Song !! Very smooth, quite slow and melodious...very slow.. compared to the version on MCWL.. beautiful...

Reindeer really do know how to fly, right?

---

SOUNDS SEXY!!!

Cool guitar playing now.....

Bwahh -- kid was in a talent show -- he came in 2nd -- like that Clay Aiken guy

If he said that..then BWAH

Catching up at Clayversity:

Audience is roaring at the vignette...

Silver Bells...duet

Children laughing..

People passing..

I am going to cry...he sounds so good!!!!!!!

Silver Bells....it's Christmas time in the city...ring a ling...hear them sing...soon it will be Christmas Day......

so gentle...so much control...

he is singing with someone...not sure who....

very quietly and gently...dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....

piano music...

Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire...

Jack frost nipping at your nose..

Very very tender with just piano in the background

Wow, you can really hear the poignancy in The Christmas Song. Just beautiful.

Christmas Serenade

(Lee Ann Womack)

She smiles at him, he says, "Hello"

They stand beneath the mistletoe

Embarrassed by the awkward circumstance

He asks her if she’d like a drink

She says, "I better not I think

Oh, what the heck, maybe just one glass"

They talk about, oh, this and that

He says, "I like the way you laugh

And I’m so really glad you’re here"

Then suddenly it’s much too warm

She feels his hand against her arm

The season loves the reason for romance

It’ll get you if you give it half a chance

The night goes on, the music plays

A moonlight Christmas serenade

A lovers’ song that’s meant for only two

And they don’t even know it yet

But this is one they’ll not forget

The holiday where all their dreams came true

Across the floor he spins her around

Oh, could it be they’ve finally found

A love worth waiting for

Then in the tender yuletide bliss

They share an unexpected kiss

Then suddenly the night is gone

It’s late into an early morn

I'm assuming that's one of the songs he did that I didn't recognize.

From CB:

Actors back...telling kid to go outside and play and she will clean up...

Sounds like Angela(?) Not sure...cutting in and out.

---

Sounds like Angela to me. Not sure what the song is.

---

Wow, I loved that arrangement of The Christmas Song - very jazzy sounding! Audience seemed to love it too - lots of applause!

Brief bit of actors talking, now right into a woman singing - his former teacher? Nope, sounds like Angela. Don't recognize this song - R&B sounding.

---

b]SORRY, ITS ANGELA, SHE SOUNDS GREAT AND LOOKS BEAUTIFUL....BLACK VELVET SKIRT

---

THE SONG IS NOT FAMILIAR TO ME......A LITTLE SCREAM NOW FROM HER.....R&B......OH MAN.....SCREAMING NOW......WOW

---

Another phone call...and only got the machine again...

Another long conversation between characters...cannot really understand.

Celebrate me home!!!!! OMG I love this song....

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MY most favorite Kenny Loggins song...so beautiful....

From CB:

Angela really sang that one...."Christmas Time"??

Phone ringing....answering machine again.

Sounds more like Angela... sort of black velvet style..... phone is ringing again....

laughter again....

----

SONG CALLED, .....I MISS U MOST AT CHRISTMAS TIME

---

piano introduction... it's Clay singing... new song....

---

CLAY WALKING AROUND PICKING UP A PACKAGE........DECORATING THE TREE.....SINGING.....

----

Audience gave Angela's song (whatever it was!) some nice applause.

Back to the actors - something about it's important to spend the holidays with people you care about, even if they aren't your relatives??

----

Piano intro...slower song...Clay singing. Sorry don't recognize the song. Wonderful song and glory notes! WOW!

Something...Baby Boy.

---

Celebrate - Kenny Loggins

---

PLEASE CELEBRATE ME HOME!!!!

KENNY LOGGINS!!!

OMG!!!!!!!

---

OMG! This is one of my all time favs! Kenny Loggins "Celebrate Me Home". Oh god, I am dying here! Clay sounds gorgeous. Oh geez. I'm on the floor

---

Song stopped in the middle and the actors talked for a while and song picked up again...

---

PLEASE CELEBRATE ME HOME.............CURTAIN COMING DOWN....

---

Singing Celebrate Me Home - sounds great, gospel-like arrangement!!! Audience loved it!

---

Well, I didn't care for the interruption in the middle of the song, but maybe it makes sense when you see it.

Intermission

---

HE SANG THE STUFFING OUT OF THAT SONG!!! LORDY LORDY LORDY!!!

---

OMC SANG THE BE-JESUS OUT OF .....CELEBRATE ME HOME..........REAL POWER........INTERMISSION

---

From CH:

INTERMISSION.

Evangeline talking with Dolcepenza

Clay's hair is kind of spiky, blondish in the spikes. He is wearing a grey suit, long jacket, and grey pants, and shirt.

A lot of the vignette things, there is dancing in the front of the stage, Clay in the rear.

Dancers in the front doing a pas de deux, wearing ugliest jacket she has ever seen. Dolce thinks they went out to look for the ugliest jacket.

Girl is wearing red silk jet, they are dancing like at a Christmas party. Clay is on stool in back. Sometimes hard to see him. Sometimes he will come out toward the front and sing toward the audience. But not really interaction with the audience. He does a growl at the end of last song. Growl killed Dolce.

From CB:

CLAY DID A GROWL ON THE LAST SONG\

---

There have been NO FLASHES SO FAR and people actually have BLACK TAPE!!!!

---

HAIR LOOKS GREAT, AND NOOOOO ROOSTER HAIR.

---

More from cellstream caller: No Jerome sighting so far. Band is on stage but kind of high up and behind gauzy curtain so hard to see them. William Joseph is there (playing grand piano) + Felix, Daniel and Andy Abad.

---

Clay did say that he was just like the soundtrack for this show - sounds like it will take some getting used to the difference between this show and the JBT.

He sounds wonderful.

And is it strange that I feel very normal, sitting here at 2 am, listening?

FROM CLAYVERSITY:

Intermission report from Elfe350:

From her front row, center seat, Clay was practically in Elfe's lap! He was just right there! He's engaged throughout in whole show, kind of like he's the director; sometimes the cues people, he's walking around stage like he's the master of the show. Sometimes he'll point at a person, they'll freeze, then later he'll point at them again and they move again.

Voice is GREAT!

On one song he growls! Celebrate Me Home. Total big growl. Last song of first half. Will be a big fave!

LauraQ video'd the first half. Elfe video'd some, took a few pictures. She can't tell if people are flashing or not since she's in the front.

Someone near Elfe said no flashes were going off. Lots of security and arena people watching for flashes. There was an announcement by Clay at the beginning, it even talked about taping over the flash with electrical tape!

It was full of acting, little vingettes; choir tacher is like older woman, alone, doesn't celebrate Christmas; the young boy takes to her. They go through scenes from her memory, when she was younger; sometimes Clay interacts in the vingette, hand someone a prop (handed them a cookie cutter). He's not a character but is involved, he oversees it all.

Angela's song was Angelaish. Started out restrained, then got much louder.

Hair - Elfe loves it; it is longer, spiked in top, spikes combed back slightly; reddish, lighter highlights, looks good. Not as dark as we've seen it sometimes. Fantastic.

Long suit coat, black pants, black collar shirt, no tie. Looks like clothing from The Insider.

Clay's the in charge; he's directing. Very theatrical. 3 sets, living room; kitchen, made cookies; wheeled table out w/ glasses, punch bowl - hurt video view.

The band is behind a transparent curtain in back. William Joseph is playing piano - just didn't open. Jacob, sax on one song; can't see the other musicians.

Not a crowd size to be ashamed of. Thinks probably 75% full.

She's really enjoying the show. Clay is so engaged by it all. Glowing, beaming, totally into it.

Someone near her spoke with someone from the venue who said it seats 2800, sold 2400.

From CB:

Clay singing Oh Holy Night now. Sounds like just piano accompanying him - beautiful.

It's starting again paino playing....actors doing a scene....John D plays the ladies son...

WOW!! Hitting the notes!! But of course we all knew that.

WOW!

---

Boy talking again...back to music...O Holy Night...sounds similar to what he did during last concert.

---

WRAPING THE BABY IN SWADDLING CLOTHES.......O HOLY NIGHT....O NIGHT DEVINE

---

That amazing ending .. like last year... again.... O Holy night.. o night devine... !!

---

OHN stops briefly, kid does reading, back to OHN. AHHHH, this is my favorite part - that glory note!!

---

The First Noel

This sounds like it will be similar to last years pageant...

WOW his voice didn;t sound as good as this last year...

beautiful...his voice has much mmore more body...and depth....

YUP...HTHAS...probably followd of OCAYF