#2 - Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler!

Ansamcw

Well... if you wantto know what Clay does with a song, listen to Elton John's Don't let the sun go down on me and Clay's version. Same song, pretty much the same music, totally different voice and power.

Birthday presents? Who gets birthday presents? I even stopped buying them pretty much for everyone. I have been trying to deliver birthday presents to two kids for a couple of weeks now, but the parents don't return my phone calls. Then, there is a certain person's husband who contacts me from time to time about Clay type presents, but then gives them to his wife right away when he gets them and then writes and asks for ideas. Heh. Wonder who that can be? (Try Mr FOH2O)

Clay better get that CD and start getting some merchandise out there, or there will be no Clay Christmas for one person here. There is only so much old stuff out there.

Morning E1,

I am so Clay deprived that I have been religated to watching a dad gum hockey game (Oilers versus Hurricaines, in case anybody has been living in a cave for the past four months, give or take) just to get a glance of seeing the redheaded wonder (did I say that I HATE hockey, LOL). I am so clack hungry. I have watched the "event" on AI5 only a couple of times a day, REALLY!!!, TRUELY!!! I wish I could find a way to cut out that "other boy" and just watch the sparkley eyed one only.

I need psychoanalyzing really bad or I just got a bad case of "Aikenfever" (not McPhever, AIKENFEVER). I am really the devil this morning :o or I just need a human to talk to, don't know which!!!.

G :schwirr:

Come on July, August, September. Please no later. I will be absolutely psychotic by October if no CD, TV appearance, or mug shot to look at (LOL).

Edited by georgiaclay

Come on July, August, September.  Please no later.  I will be absolutely psychotic by October if no CD, TV appearance, or mug shot to look at (LOL).

America's Most Wanted indeed, georgiaclay. Well, at least the Clay Nation's Most Wanted. I swear, the Aiken is becoming even more elusive than Osama. A few pictures, some brief written communications, and a couple of minutes of video tape in the last six months. The El Claydia troops desparately need some direction from their leader. [And I need some serious help with my puns. Yikes! <_< ]

And BTW, can we still refer to the Aiken as red-haired? I'm not quite sure what color the HAIR was supposed to be on AI5, other than dark. Every version of the clip I have looks a little different.

Anyone here?

I have to get myself into gear. I have been tryingto restore my notebook because I want to take it to the beach - now I could buy a new one, but what would I do with the other 3 computers in my house? I have to start getting rid of them. Anyone have any helpful hints? wone is 15 years old with personal information on it and I don't think anyone would want it for parts.

As to Clay - I understand issues with blogging, because most people need to dissect his blogs to syllables, while others misquote it to prove their own personal issues, even though the majority just like to enjoy it.

I feel the need to ave someone "clean out the fandom", but on the other hand, I see that the haters are so enmeshed in the fandom, that they probably spend as much mosney as many fans on Clay stuff. It is a weird world

Hey, anyone heard form Bob and Linda lately? I wonder if they are following Bo again.

OK, now is everyone coming over to sleep on my unairconditioned floor on July 21st (beds are all taken)? so we can take airmattresses and go to GMA?

OK, now is everyone coming over to sleep on my unairconditioned floor on July 21st (beds are all taken)? so we can take airmattresses and go to GMA?

OMG! OMG! ME! ME! OOH! OOH! (TM Horshack)

I've been in cohoots with my buddy who lives in Philly about the July 21 thingy for a while now. See, I have a free roundtrip Southwest Airlines ticket just burning a hole in my pocket....and now that airfares have skyrocketed (heh) because of the damned oil company's grasp on us by our short hairs, I'm ready to use the ticket to fly ACROSS THE FREAKIN' CONTINENT to welcome our man back into the public eye (which, if he isn't careful, he could poke out with that thang :lol: ).....

I've also already asked a couple of my hotel contacts in the business I do (event/meeting planning) to check into possible dEEEP discounts in Manhattan near Bryant Park...just in case.....

Of course, a FREE floor would be even better! :P

Now I'm hearing little rumblings on boards that maybe it won't be July 21 on GMA but instead Aug 4on the Today Show...the networks are fighting over him, most likely, huh? Guess they're not as stupid as they seem. Of course, how could Clay even THINK of cheating on Diane Sawyer? She'd never forgive him! :blink:

I'm SOOOOO in need of Clay Aiken. God. It's been way too long. He's too....

good

and he just leaves me wanting more..... :em0200:

I really hope there is a GMA appearance on the 21st. We are supposed to be in NJ for a vacation on the 22nd. Now how do I trick my husband into going a few days early? I think I spend way too much time thinking about how to fool him.

Playbiller and I went last year. She was very sweet and gave me the chair while she tried to sleep on the park steps. It was very cool at night and got hot in the morning. By the time it was over I was one big mess.

Clay was so cute and boyish. He was having one great time there. I kept forgetting to tape it and Playbiller kept nudging me to turn the camcorder on. I've been trying to do something with the tape as I had some great closeups but moviemaker is not my friend. So here's hoping for a repeat this year.

I don't normally log in before I go to work in the morning anymore (there's never any news anyway, so why bother <_< ), but I did this morning and saw the email from the OFC about my expiring membership. [Waves to Ansa] Hmmm, what are turning out to be semi-annual blogs, some blurry pictures and a message board that makes me grind my teeth when I make the mistake of visiting it? My credit card is fired up - in what direction should I fling my money? I'm so weak, y'all... :(

FearofH2O, doesn't Mr. Fear owe you a few favors for the nursing him through the knee replacement thing - a little Quid Pro Clay, so to speak? Certainly he would understand your need to spend a few more days visiting your sister.... ;) And unprocessed and unshared Clack?! Aaaacccckkkk! :o

Edited by bottlecap

I don't normally log in before I go to work in the morning anymore (there's never any news anyway, so why bother  <_< ), but I did this morning and saw the email from the OFC about my expiring membership.  [Waves to Ansa]  Hmmm, what are turning out to be semi-annual blogs, some blurry pictures and a message board that makes me grind my teeth when I make the mistake of visiting it?  My credit card is fired up - in what direction should I fling my money?  I'm so weak, y'all...  :(

I know...I don't even think about what we will get anymore. I just do it for Clay. I would renew even if we don't get any incentive. I am that bad!. I think the lack of news for the fans is because they want to bring all the news out in one big bang...re-open the OFC with a new look ...with new pictures and giving us info on the CD. I may be setting myself up for some diappointment here...but I can;t help it. Seeing that email got me sooo excited.

EEEEEEEEE ...its coming soon!!! I just know it!!!!

The Fanclub renewal story gets curiousier and curiousier. CAP121 at CV pointed out the renewal notice email came from clayaiken.com. All the other fanclub emails have come from clayonline.com.

To quote some sixties singer that I can't place at the moment: "There's something happening here. What it is ain't exactly clear...." :ph34r:

playbiller, maybe you need to go through your credit card company at this point in order to get a refund.

Yup something is definitely in the air...I think its curious that the email came from the RCA site. Its possible that since they may be doing major revamp the RCA site is lending a hand. What excites me is that there is some movement in the horizon.

Maybe next week...if we can;t get the cd on our bday...I will take some concrete news instead.

A BLOG! About darn time.

Congrats to Quiana and welcome to her brand new baby boy! Can't wait to see the pictures and I hope "Uncle" Clay's HAIR doesn't scare him too much.

BEETS! I knew it! Those things are evil..... :nanas:

"..a release date very soon!!!" This cynical b!tch will believe that when she sees it. My chain has been jerked over CD release dates QUITE enough, tankqueberrymuss. <_<

CONGRATULATIONS QUIANA....

well at least he says the release date will be announced soon. that is better than just hearing some little tidbits. This means all is set to go. Just need to have the launch date to come.

next week...next week...next week

and beets...yeah used to me my most hated vegetable too...but I got to like pickled beets which was my MIL's favorite. I guess its an acquired taste.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE....its coming ...I can feel it!

I'm with you Ansa. I think very soon is much quicker than quite soon. Just as long as the cd doesn't come out in July. It would be too soon for me. I am the anticipation girl and enjoy the waiting.

I'm hoping we get a single in July. Although I never listen to the radio, except NPR and sometimes an oldies station, I would enjoy hearing others talk about their radio experiences. I really hope that the dj's treat Clay with respect this time around. He has worked his butt off these three years and has one of the best voices in the music scene.

Bottlecap, Mr. Fear knows he owes me big time. I just have to figure out the most advantageous way to collect. He has been pretty good about my going out of town for concerts, and usually says to have a good time. So i will continue to hope for GMA.

Alrighty then - I am experiencing a slight cracking in my shell of skepticism. I'm not quite ready to execute a Full Screaming Sandecki with a Half Twist yet, but I'm getting warmed up......

Tiny nervous, tentative "eeeeee"'s all around.

Morning folks,

First and foremost, I send out congrats to Quiana and her "little man". May he have a long life and not pull a lot of "crap" on his parents (but boys being boys), I don't see that happening in the future.

Okay back to the man in question:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

I really had a "^#*%@" day at work yesterday, but it was all made up for when I got home last night and read the blog. Again "EEEEEEEEEEEEEE". For some strange reason, I think that a release date will be sometime in July or the beginning of August, more likely July, though. I really don't care what the first single is, anything, love songs, rock, lullabyes, even sounds of just pure laughter, I am game. Let the games begin (publicity, talk shows, GMA (I HOPE, DESIRE AND PRAY), and more clack.

Bottle, I guess I can now stop hunting for those "mug shots" since he blogged. Viva La Aiken. YEAH!!!!.

G

Bottle,

Just saw the picture, OMG, OMG, praise the Lord. He is alive (LOL). I know you are not "quite sure" about the bangs, but all I can say is OMG, OMG. I just lurve that man.

Question??? Who sang the National Anthem last night??. It did not tape on my DVR/VCR/DVD thingy, and I got home to late to see it, but the PICTURE makes up for everything.

G

Again, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ............ hopefully more EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE's.... to come "very soon".

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

love the hair...thank god it wasn;t a one appearance deal. He seem real confortable with it ...LOVE THE LOOK....

so to commemorate this new style....we have put it on our new FCA pin (sorry playbiller and bottlecap)...

here is the 2006 pin...this is still a preview...will put the order links on saturday...

FCA2006proof.jpg

Well, if it is an FCA pin, I guess I have to buy it, although I am pretty much pinned out.

I think it is time for a lot of new pins, too bad I don't have an income.

I still think it is a little too Lhaso apso for me, but if he can wear it without it bothering his contacts, more power to him. I am glad he is getting out and haing a good time - Oh, look who he is with, again. So? You put a picture in my face and I am not supposed to comment?

I actually came here to discuss the "future" of Clay - I saw a few people getting up something at Claliek's post the otehr day, where it did not seem more revealing than expected. Does anyone expect Clay not to go international with this album? We track fans from aroundthe world, so why would we be surprised. I mean selling albums to the 10K fans in Korea, should be enough to put it on sale there. I am looking forward to the international Clack we get, although i think extensive touring of the east coast is probably coming to an end pretty soon. I am sure that New York tours will always be there, but not every year. I fear this might be my last GMA if 1) Clay comes there this summer and 2) his fandom does explode.

Spoiled, I think we have been spoiled by Clay in exchange for being loyal fans. His endless appearances, allowing us Clack. As separated as he has had to be for security reasons (thanks to a few crazies out there), in some way, he has been available. Partially by the good people allowing him to live his life, eat dinner out without disturbing him, some people who have seen him around and still did not interrupt or report. I remember the fans who did go to the Good buddies tree planting and stood across the street, not interfering with the event.

Somehow, I think Clay is ready to step it up in some way (international), we lose part of him, as we should. We will haveto work harder for good tickets, but we wanted more for him. If he gets the "more", we lose some of what we have.

The one thing we will not lose is the " I was there from the beginning". We own that and no one can take it away. I think we will have the last laugh at those that mocked us as uncool, because we have the "stuff" from the beginning. Stuff being both material things and memories. I did bug Fear to get on line early on, and she did read, although it took her a while to post, like years. But don't those early posts make great memories. How I wish I had saved some threads for TWOP. How glad am I that there are archived threads on the CH. Howthrilled am I that we have friendships going back years.

sniff sorry, I am getting soft. look away, nothing to see here, nope, I am not sniffling. No , my nose is not red.

Very well said Play. I to feel that we will lose our "connection" with Clay if he does go International or explode his fandom. I hope that happens, not so for us, but for Clay and his entourage (he does have bills to pay, LOL). I am willing to part with some of my hard earned living for him (have done so in the past and will in the future).

As you said, we will always having the beginning, from Take. I have gone over some old clack from the beginning to AI5. He has really grown as an artist and as a man. I love to see the change in him from a "little boy" that was AI2 to the man that he is today. I am so glad that his heart has not "hardened" with all of his experiences in L.A.

and................ Kristy girl, you are one lucky lucky lucky woman. I think (just my opinion) that we would all give our eye teeth to be where you are (LOL).

G

Edited by georgiaclay