Charlotte, NC...Blumenthal Arts Center

Ansamcw

From the CV stream: The venue is beautiful - very ornate. A very large orchestra - in tuxedos. The theater is packed to the rafters (holds 2,100). Diane Bubel, Jaymes, Kristy, and Nick are all there (party at Casa Clay, I bet.) No sighting of Faye or other family members yet - Greensboro may be closer to Raleigh.

The orchestra's first number is Winter Wonderland. Of all the Christmas music, they do a song that the featured artist is going to be singing later? Odd.

8:36 and the intermission has started.

According to the certer, the conductor was very funny. He said they had a great time with Clay this afternoon, and that "Clay was hot stuff."

To enthusiastic applause - "Don't peak too early."

"Maybe we can have Charlotte SymphonyMates."

From CB:

THE CONDUCTOR IS A COMEDIAN!! GETTING LOTS OF LAUGHS DURING HIS SONG INTRODUCTIONS!

THIS ORCHESTRA WAS GREAT!!!

STANDING O....

THEY ARE DONE NOW....INTERMISSION

THE CONDUCTER SAID HE HAD A GREAT TIME TODAY WITH CLAY AND THAT CLAY WAS HOT STUFF!

Orchestra conductor was hilarious. He said maybe they'll have Charlotte Symphony mates. Was very personable. Certer said Clay may have met his match. The conductor said that they had a great time in rehearsal today.

From CB:

lot women..not so many men.. girl there with red prom dress on...long dress..venue 4 levels..very intresting lighting effect.. like a dome..very pertty atmosphere..orchestra warming up he should be out in a minute

Its time.. Jesse taking his seat.. announcer introducing multi plat recording artist Clay Aiken..and the crowd is out of control...

From Cb:

AUDIENCE APPLAUDING...

INTRODUCING MULTIPLATINUM RECORDING ARTIST...

CLAY AIKEN!!!!

WOW - WHAT A GREAT RECEPTION...

oh my lord they are crazy..huge huge huge applause..silver tie..pin strip suit he is singing...HAWT PANTS...BROWN SHOES..HAIR TO DIE FOR...HE JUST WAVED TO HER..SHE IS DYING..

The CH cellstream keeps buffering. When it comes in, it sounds great -- but it's so intermittent, I'm not sure if I can take it.

He's doing HYAMLC at the moment.

He seems to be doing a LOT of vocal changeups this evening. Is it because he's feeling loose in his home state? (Have at that muski...) Or is he having problems vocally? Inquiring minds want to know....

SR...this should be fun.

From Cv:

House Lights up --

never been here before, driven by -- very nice... everyone looks fine

how many men -- raise your hands, don't be ashamed...

no one from work is here ...

Alex? where do you work -- hardware... looking for someone else who works in hardware... something cigar shop... no one else from there is here... you're safe -- only guy in the front row

It's Gibson-girls's dad -- with his daughter -- he was her driver Oh! she must be thrilled -- he's taking to her !!! she Encouraged him to drive -- she's got to be over the moon !!

Talking now about having vertigo...he hit his head, "maybe it knocked some sense into me."

Word of the Day banter at the moment...

Special guest for the word of the day -- Jaymes Foster. Hee.

I couldn't hear the word, though...

Did Jaymes just bring out the word of the day?

Ok - answered. I missed ldyjocelyn's post....

I don't think Clay could have been surprised at the 2nd worst album of the year thing - considering the things EW said about ATDW.

Edited by Claygasm

Jaymes brought out the word of the day...he just said the EP of the 2nd worse album of the year...

AWWWW...

Was there something in the news that would make this joke understandable to me? Did it get selected somewhere as the second worst album?

Grrrr if it did....

So it was EW huh? I'm not surprised....I suppose I could be happy it wasn't the FIRST. *g*

Jaymes brought out the word of the day...he just said the EP of the 2nd worse album of the year...

AWWWW...

Was there something in the news that would make this joke understandable to me? Did it get selected somewhere as the second worst album?

Grrrr if it did....

EW named it the 2nd worst album of the year. #1 was K-Fed's!

I always seem to be one step behind ldyjocelyn! Not quick enough to keep up with her quick mind! B)

Edited by Claygasm

Talking now about having vertigo...he hit his head, "maybe it knocked some sense into me."

Word of the Day banter at the moment...

Special guest for the word of the day -- Jaymes Foster. Hee.

I couldn't hear the word, though...

are you on the CH Cellstream cos this is the clearest I ever heard it...

but I still can;t make out what the day of the word is but everything he says is pretty clear...

talking to Jackie now from Kentucky...

they are demonstrating the word...

talking to someone with santa claus hat and talking to someone with something bizarre on..talked about last night

talking about cellphone peopel and nowhe siad around 15 are putting it up to get his attention...he is afraid of calling somone who is wearing something weird

talking to someone he remembers from California...MDYK...

EW named it the 2nd worst album of the year. #1 was K-Fed's!

Sigh....bummer. But I'm not surprised either.

I always seem to be one step behind ldyjocelyn! Not quick enough to keep up with her quick mind! B)

Heh...I'm edumacated. I even know big Eye-talian words. :P

Talked about the cellphones and stealing his show.

MDYK.