American Idol

ShelleyC

Oh, I couldn't even bear to listen, hardly - but, since it is just us, I will tell you a secret - I hatesssss that song.

Always have, no matter who sings it.

Clay of course sends it to the moon.....but I don't care if I ever hear it again.

I like Pickler because she has managed to bend space and time and be Carrie's little sister. The very next year.

I don't think she is dumb, she is having a good time, and knows what people are saying....I just like her instinctively, the same way I don't like Katherine (Miss Smug USA).

Yup. Pickler is gone, and thus endeth my interest in AI5!

I think she is nicer than the other girls, for some reason, she reminds me of Dolly Parton, and I hope she has some measure of success.

Oh, I couldn't even bear to listen, hardly - but, since it is just us, I will tell you a secret - I hatesssss that song.

Always have, no matter who sings it.

Clay of course sends it to the moon.....but I don't care if I ever hear it again.

I like Pickler because she has managed to bend space and time and be Carrie's little sister.  The very next year.

I don't think she is dumb, she is having a good time, and knows what people are saying....I just like her instinctively, the same way I don't like Katherine (Miss Smug USA).

I also like pickler for the same reasons you like her...but as a singer she was the weakest of the six...and should not have outlasted Mandisa.

I only really like the righteous brothers UM version...Clay's is not bad but is not in my favorite Clay playlist.

I do understand getting irritated with Kat'a miss USA grins and manner during singing...it truly does frustrates me and keeps me from really being a fan. I like her voice though best of all in this group.

:P:D Woo Hoo! Kellie is outta heer! Didn't watch (that tv turn off thing) so had to pop in to get the scoop...

playbiller...my two girls and I sat and listened to the downloads of last night's performances and had a ball! Thanks!

My hubby was in the other room and thought Elliot sounded good.

I thought he was the best of them...but he didn't melt my socks.

Taylor was the weakest I've heard him, I think. Boring.

Chris---sounded ok, but as someone said, his goat vibrato really stood out and got annoying.

Kat started out sounding pretty good...but then, the same thing---she seems to expire in the middle of a note, or something slips or loses intensity or integrity or something...and by the end, she was screeching. My younger daughter winced more than once...I can't figure Kat out, to be honest with you. Vocally, I mean.

Paris---just okay for me. I'm with the consensus: that she doesn't really have a style of her own.

Kellie---please. Just no. As soon as it was over, I clicked on AI2 Clay AIken UM...and both my daughters just nodded and said, "Yeah...THAT." I said, 'Exactly."

Hee!

I do understand getting irritated with Kat'a miss USA grins and manner during singing...it truly does frustrates me and keeps me from really being a fan. I like her voice though best of all in this group.

To me, Katherine acts for all the world like she expects to win because she is so pretty.

Yeah, Pickler was the weakest....but then again, I never voted for anyone. In any event, at least she is hopefully spared cruel jokes about her dad on Leno.

I did think Mandisa was a good singer, better and with more warmth and realism than any of the other girls.

What a motley crew....I do not see a star in any of them.

I do think "Yaminion" is tres cool, but did he clear that one with K'Andre?

I can't hate on the contestants for the way they appear to behave because I ahve been accused of some rather strange things in my life.

My brother used to scream that I was staring at him meanly when I was lost in thought and really had no idea of what I was looking at, I was unfocused as usual.

My husband used to say I was looking at him hostilely when I was barely aware he was around me, I guess I should not drift off as often as I do, - chronic daydreamer.

Now, when I worked in NYC and rode the subway everyday, I did develope a look that could kill, but I inadvertently used it on innoccent people that I knew but did not recognize and they were a little stunned when my expression changed back to normal.

As for Kat, I would imagine she usually played an ingenue in the theater and was encouraged to have a smiley look.

My complaint remains the amount of time these people spend off key.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elliot is up and already using the wrong voice for singing this song. Missing the soul, playing around with the scats too much. I guess the people who like his vocals would like this, but he fancied up a nice straight forward song for me.

Edited by playbiller

Elliot - On Boardway - the Scott Savol Memorial Performance, perhaps? Kind of shouty and lots of vibratto.

playbiller, I'd wave atcha, but I'm now afraid that you will glare at me in response. :blink: Hee.

Edited by bottlecap

Well, Kelly is singing the ford commercial - but not going to sell a lot of cars without actually selling the product is it?

hey, BottleCap, interesting article you posted today about AI profiting from downloads - took them a few years to figure that one out, hehe.

Interesting that they focus on signs for Ryan - aren't there enough contestant fans?

Edited by playbiller

Simon says: "Screechy and annoying". Does he mean Paris or Paula?

Chris - Renegade - doing the Bo Bice Memorial Mic Stand carry and strut. Should get through with no problem. Hope Clive finds a good band for him to front.

Edited by bottlecap

Paris was OK, but there is something about the way she moves that throws me - I think when she talks, she sounds 8, and then she sings like an old woman in a smoky bar.

Am I the only person who wishes that Chris would whack the judges with the mike when he walks behind them?

And you get the first Bwah of the night for the screechy comment!

Chris, was yelling at me, but just not my kind of music, guess others like it.

Oh, absolutely, Chris will need a band, he should have waited to go on the new rock star coming this summer. he is no solo act, he had plenty of support from the back ups.

Edited by playbiller

Well, if you saw entertainment tonight a short while ago, you would have found out that Paula always wears wigs. It is never extensions, never her hair.

McPhee looks like a giant sitting next to Ryan.

oooh, the low note, not good. She seems to be singing this too low for her voice, maybe so she can raise it later in the song. Hate, hate the interpretation she has - vocal gymnastics, no meanning. Dumb ending.

Edited by playbiller

Kat - Against All Odds - it really is Scotty the Body's night tonight. Out of tune all over the place.

Hey there georgia girl!

Hee. She seems to be channeling the Pickler tonight with her airheadedness.

Edited by bottlecap

I also generally fail to see the huge attraction of Taylor, other than sticking it to Simon (not necessarily a bad thing...) He does seem to have pulled together a pretty rabid fanbase that is concerned he's going to be Clay'ed by Chris.

Elliot - Home - Not sure we need another Michael Buble, but whatever. He sounds slightly froggy to me.

Not sure it's a good idea to sing about wanting to go home in a competition.... Self-fulfilling prophecy. I swear I wrote that before Simon said it!

Edited by bottlecap

Elliot - song is good for his voice, although he fancies it up too much, but really why would any contest sing about "going home" at this point?

Should we say bye, bye Elliot? And Simon agrees with me.

Taylor's attraction. he is amusing to watch but can't really sing much in his raspy range.

Pfft Bottlecap, I beat you by one minute on that comment.

I think Paris just sings too low. I can't believe that is where her voice would be naturally. Considering that she talks like she is on helium. Song was boring to me, I really didn't listen.

Did I tell any of you how great the show looks in HDTV? Not that I will be keeping it. I have decided that there are not enough shows on TV in HDTV to justify pay an extra $11 a month, so I am going to return the HDTV box and wait until there are more programs in HDTV, since most of them are really not taking full advantage of it.

Edited by playbiller