Fingers crossed for a date near me!

8 hours ago, ldyjocelyn said:

jmh, I'll take the details of your post to CV and see if anyone can take you up on your offers.  I'm sorry you're not going to be able to make it to the tour this time.  

Thanks ldyj. I did get to the fall round, in Cary, and hate missing this one. 

First day back to work this week.  MLK day was Monday, and then it was so bitter cold yesterday that almost all the schools in the area went to either e-learning or a snow day.  It was supposed to be our first day of school yesterday at my college, but I think they may have called it a no-work day because of all the other schools; many of our faculty/staff/students have children of their own and would have been scrambling for child care!  Me?  I made a pot of chili, made some hummus for lunches this week, cleaned out a drawer in my kitchen, read some of Patrick Stewart's memoir, and just relaxed.  It was nice.

My Clay stash is in a closet as well.  I went through it several years ago and got rid of a lot of duplicates, and many of the things where Clay was only briefly mentioned in one article.  Past that though...it's still a lot.  Ugh.  My niece will probably toss it all when I pass on (if I don't do it before then!).

Hi All,

20+ minute WTOP.com video interview with lots reminiscing of 2003 AI experience, revealing { at least for me} many tidbits  I just learn for first time.

https://wtop.com/entertainment/2024/01/ruben-studdard-clay-aiken-join-wtop-as-20th-anniversary-american-idol-tour-hits-bethesda-theater/

ETA: also on Spotify  as podcast: Beyond the Fame with Jason Fraley, Episode Jan 18, 2024

• Like 1

Clay tickets no longer available - sold on Stub Hub. Been there for weeks without moving, but I reduced the price a whole lot in the last day or two. Maybe the PR posted above worked too. I'm pleased because at least I got some of my $$ back!! And whoever bought them must be pleased too. I couldn't list the location, only "orchestra" and "together." Surprise! Second row!

PS - went and posted at CV, ldyj, as I wanted to get the word out quick and you are crazy busy!

Thank you beanerknits for finding the interviews!  So much promo this time around, or at least it feels like it!

jmh, I'm glad you were able to sell your tickets!  Hope you find a home for all your "stuff!"  

Yes, I'm crazy busy -- too many meetings!  And major things that need to be done by the end of March.  AAAAAAGH!

He's looking fabulous {lose any more weight though, and I think jackets will definitely need altering!}

Certainly his 15 seconds of calisthenics on each show during 'Let's Get Physical" wasn't the sole reason.  If anyone finds out his secret diet, please let me in on it 😄

Another snow day for me!  Actually, it's an "ice" day -- it's freezing rain at the moment, and supposedly the side streets and sidewalks are very slick.  I woke up at about 5 am this morning and checked the local news' listing of closings, and there was nothing.  At 6:30 am, though, most schools in the area were closed.  I got the call for my college at almost 7 am.  That's really late for us, as I'm sure there were some people already on campus and starting to work.

Lots of videos from last night.

https://www.facebook.com/melissa.bobbins/posts/pfbid02JQPogbPj4Ec6rFquNYJFANJqYGZeS5BKhkZBHqyNukw6HZ1gvfmwT5fdGZ5wJuFSl

MORE professional photographs from last night!

https://www.facebook.com/MillvilleCity/posts/pfbid0gP6VFMZLRLcZS7uSvNtGWgW3EyQtKcjt1vaTd1mjMbexbJoeCsD9sTX8DWmyQhgvl

I will post some of them after listening to the new interview.  Thanks beanerknits!

7 hours ago, ldyjocelyn said:

Another snow day for me!  Actually, it's an "ice" day -- it's freezing rain at the moment, and supposedly the side streets and sidewalks are very slick.  I woke up at about 5 am this morning and checked the local news' listing of closings, and there was nothing.  At 6:30 am, though, most schools in the area were closed.  I got the call for my college at almost 7 am.  That's really late for us, as I'm sure there were some people already on campus and starting to work.

And at least one fool poor unlucky person will show up tomorrow in a cast. 

1 hour ago, jmh123 said:

And at least one fool poor unlucky person will show up tomorrow in a cast. 

Hopefully not! As I suspected, there were already people at work when the call came, but as far as I know, everyone made it back home safely. There’s a lull in the rain at the moment, but it’s supposed to start up again overnight again. Eventually though it is supposed to turn to just rain, which will melt everything. 

Oh, and my husband made it to work, only for his boss to tell him to go home and work remotely. Fortunately, he made it home safely. It’s really the side streets, parking lots, and sidewalks that are the issue.