The Amazing Race

Couch Tomato

Victor and Tammy were my choice from the beginning so glad they won!

While I didn't really dislike anyone this season -- none of these teams were in my top ten ever teams. But it was an enjoyable season.

don't we get another TAR this year?

Anybody watching? Loved almost everything so far...except that I wanted the lawyer to be the last one to find the license plate! This whole bit with the Japanese game show is extremely funny, and a wasabi bomb? OMG.

This is gonna be a fun season!

I think I could have herded the ducks. You would have to be calm with them, I believe -- kinda like what Zev did.

Pinky and the Brain -- HA! Good on them!

I'm pumped about this season -- as long as the jerk lawyer and the poker players leave fairly soon, I'll be happy!

Yeah, the poker players are next on my hit list, too. However, my Sunday nights are going to be taken up with the new CBC show starting next Sunday, Battle of the Blades. It's a Canadian show, being filmed at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto, where they pair up seasoned female figure skaters with seasoned male hockey players. Hosted by Kurt Browning, it's bound to be a hoot! I have tickets for the first taping. So I may have to keep up with Amazing Race through streaming or torrents.

I enjoyed it too. The two ladies that couldn't do the ducks were just too shrill. Scared the poor things. But I had to admit I laughed when the one girl said she was having duck for dinner.

Anyway, I didn't like that one team didn't even get to go on the race. I think it added a mean spiritness that TAR usually lacks.

I finally watched an episode. I did not appreciate the couple who finally got eliminated. He was a bully and I was afraid he was going to hit her and she was such a crybaby. Although I'm afraid of water and have done my share of complaining, for a million dollars I might have held my nose, closed my eyes and hyperventilated all the way down on my stomach headfirst.

It was cute how the different pairs did the row boat challange. Since it was a toy rowboat an dhad toy oars, I imagine one way was as good as another. It was surprising that someone would give up on a math challange and instead do something mechanical that takes hours to do. There really is a fear of math.

No favorite here as I haven't watched much yet.

I love this show, and really loved this episode. I agree fear -- you would think that after 15 seasons, people would know there would be challenges involving heights or water. I did NOT like the way Canaan almost forced Mika to go down that slide.

I think my favorite team is the father/son duo. I also like the Globetrotters.

That first couple was trying to do it long hand before the price changed. The boys looked totally flummoxed even though they were proud they had a calculator. And I'm not sure if I were racing I'd share that info. TAR is not a team sport LOL.

I was reading on TWoP last night and there was some griping about the Globetrotters being mean and unsportsmanlike. Mild for twop as most folks love the GT. The funniest response to that still has me LOL... They said -- this is The Amazing Race not The Amazing Montisori school. I don't know why that tickled me so much. Maybe because my neice and nephew go to Montisori so I know their methods etc.

The latest episode was exhausting! Wow. I felt really sorry for the poker girls -- giving their all. And to think at the first episode I just didn't like them.

I'm hoping the final three are the Globetrotters, the father/son duo, and Megan/Cheyne. The gay brothers are good too, I just like the others better!

I only watched this week and last and enjoyed all the teams. I felt bad for the Poker girls as they are obviously more cerebral and less physical. It's too bad that both activities took strength and athleticism.

The Globe trotters cracked me up with their dancing and humour.

I don't care who wins and I'll probably miss the last show anyway. The only way I remembered was because i was watching 60 minutes.

I think the girls were just exhausted because the golf seemed doable. But the longer they stayed out there the windier and that didn't help at all.

I don't feel like I know Megan and Cheyne so am not rooting for them but they are good racers so don't care if they win. Love the Globetrotters. I think I will look up the team..I haven't seen them since I was a kid.

I love the brothers. Love how the teams interact together. I don't recall seeing a lot of that in other seasons.

Brian is a saint! heee. I do think Erika is at least a bit self aware and knows she's a pain in the ass.

Looked it up..globetrotters are here in January and April so my fam definitely wants to go.

Thank GOD for non-elimination rounds! I couldn't watch the last few minutes of this episode, so I'm hopeful for next week...

OTOH...Matt, Matt, Matt? Next week doesn't look good for someone who doesn't know that word...

I like all the teams left. The only thingI don't get is the brother's hate on the GB. They must not be showing us something. It doesn't make sense from what they've shown us.

TAR is not a team sport. And I don't like that they get people to take them places...If I'm not mistaken Rob introduced that element into the race.