Fingers crossed for a date near me!

1 hour ago, ldyjocelyn said:

Rumor has it that Clay and Ruben have recorded a song and a tidbit for the NexStar/Fox New Year's Eve Celebration.  It may be possibly on the CW network.

Idyj,

one way or another , you  have to  find, save and add it to  this site !!🤩🤩🤩

• Like 1

Aha!  It's now been discovered why Clay was potentially in Mexico.  Actress Melissa Peterson posted this reel to Facebook, about an event benefitting the David Foster Foundation, held in Cabo.  (David is Parker's Uncle, and a world famous producer; also married to Katherine McPhee)  It looks as if Clay and Ruben performed there.  If you watch the entire reel, it has a brief clip and Clay and Ruben doing some of the Boy Band medley.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/322818693943822

1 minute ago, jmh123 said:

Nowell? Have I missed something, ldyj, some correction that's taken hold? Noel is such a beautiful and Christmas-y word. 

CV had the same question...and I Googled.  Supposedly Noel is the French spelling, but Middle English spells it Nowell.

https://grammarist.com/spelling/noel-or-nowel/#:~:text=The Christmas carol The First,best to stay with noel.

Recaps of the first two Naples concerts, used with permission, from sweet carolina girl at CV.  No idea why it's bolding, and I can't turn that off on these posts.

Night one:

I tried last night to write a report on the Naples concert, but I kept falling asleep or whatever and losing it. I am glad washgirl was able to fill you in.

It was a wonderful event. The philharmonic was excellent, the adult choir was very good, and the young peoples choir was one of the best Ive ever heard.

Clay was welcomed and treated like the star he is. He bragged on the orchestra and asked how many were from the area and did they come to see them often. He commented how people sometimes applaud politely at this kind of music, but that he is a pop singer so it was ok to whoop and holler. So a lot of people did.

They said no video or audio recording, so I was afraid to visibly bring out the phone. I did, however, hide my phone in my lap under my program and recorded most of the audio. I didnt get it all because my phone is completely full, and it stopped. Im not sure what to do about that.

I lucked up and got a stray single seat right in the middle of the front row. I was right in front of him, maybe 10-12 feet. I could have gotten wonderful video.

He looks just wonderful. Great haircut and color. Beautiful blue suit with a subtle black or dark gray plaid. Very dapper. He was his old Christmas Clay.

He seemed to be enjoying himself very much. I did notice that he didnt hold some of the notes quite as long as usual, but I did not think much about it. His tone was perfect, and he slayed on everything from "Mary Did You Know?" to "Don't Save It All For Christmas Day". The youth choir backed him up on All Is Well. Beautiful. I noticed that the arrangement of Oh Holy Night was different from anything he had done before. It included a beautiful orchestra interlude of Jesu, Joy of Mans Desiring. I loved it. He commented that they had never performed that arrangement live before. It was supposed to be on the MCWL album, but Clive Davis cut that part out. Boo.

Near the end, he said he had been to urgent care and gave a shout out to the woman who had attended to him. I saw no signs of illness. He was great.

The people behind me were talking during intermission about how they didnt know he had done anything since Idol, so naturally I had to be my usual self and interrupt. A fan named Donna from a few rows back joined in, saying she used to follow him around but now her job prevented her from traveling as much. So we were having a conversation over their heads. They were truly surprised to know he has done as much as he has. I overheard lots of conversations on the way out about how wonderful he was. It is a very large venue, and there were lots of people there. I heard people say they didnt know he was going to be there. Well, ok,

I am going back tonight. A birthday present to myself. Im going to try to solve the phone issue today and hopefully get the rest of the audio.

I know I am leaving a lot out. I am sure I will remember more. It was a fun concert. Great energetic maestro. Fantastic orchestra. Ben was there, and his piano was wonderful as usual. The orchestra ended the show with a great arrangement of Sleigh Ride that my excellent high school band played as a tradition every year for at least 50 years. Santa made the rounds, too, and the crowd loved it.

All in all, a festive evening well performed with lots of happy attendees.

The weather here is predicted to be really bad later this weekend. Heavy rain and strong winds supposed to start just as I am leaving in the I morning. Scary. Wish I could just camp out at the venue and listen to Clay over and over.

This post brought to you by the words beautiful and wonderful. Not my best writing, but what can I say? It was a wonderful concert with beautiful music. 🎵💗🎶

I had to laugh last night when he sang Oh, Baby, thats a fact! and no one screamed. 😉

Night two:

Intermission: The man is truly on it tonight. He said that last night he got his Tylenol and Tylenol PM mixed up but promised to do it right tonight.

Different suit. Its the same one he wore to the not a gala dinner. Very handsome.

There are several of us sitting together and he saw us immediately and pointed.

His nails are beautiful. Some say they are silver. Others say they are copper. They look gold to me. All I know is I need to step up my manicure game.

Observations from act two:

The first time Clay was introduced to sing tonight, he joked about how someone had given him something backstage called a cough drop and that he was amazed at how much it helped. I, who consider myself normally to be a level headed and clear thinking person, acknowledge that I sometimes think really crazy stuff when it comes to Clay Aiken and actually considered (for about five seconds) getting one out of my bag and asking if he wanted another one. I quickly dismissed that thought and once again chalked it up to Clay insanity.
To be honest, I rather enjoy Clay insanity.

I forgot to mention that during the first part he said that yes indeed it had been 20 years since Idol and how people were probably saying that he looked good after all this time. Then he said that yes indeed he did look good because of the magic of stage lighting. It was cute and funny and charming. People laughed.

After Dont Save It All For Christmas Day, he did his usual Merry Christmas, Naples, sign off and waved.
The orchestra still needed to play Sleigh Ride, which I later found out is a long tradition with them, just like it was at my school, but people started to get up and leave!!!! I guess they thought it was a Clay Aiken concert and not Holliday Pops. It sure seemed like it in many ways.

He told the O Holy Night / Jesu, Joy of Mans Desiring Story again and said Ben had made this arrangement.

At the end, the maestro once again acknowledged the orchestra and the choruses, and then he brought Clay back out for a final bow. It was great.

And I got the rest of the audio. Yay.

• Like 1

Following recaps Ldyj posted 2 days ago, and the TiKTok just now, I'm sharing my unfiltered first impression thoughts on the 2 shows I was so fortunate to go to.

Alert: they're my opinions only,  😜 and I won't feel hurt if you don't agree !!

1. That Blue Suit, which by the way, looked damn gorgeous on him, was definitely 99.9999% newly worn.  Why so certain? Well, the center back 'kick pleat' was still basted together [TMI -basting stitches are long loose threads used to temporarily hold layers of fabric together and are usually manually removed before a garment is worn]. No worries, the threads usually come out after some wear and tear.

2. That Super Sparkly Manicure, which also looked magnificent, especially with that blue suit as backdrop, took his 'penchant to emote through his hands'  to a whole new level.  I admittedly focused on his hands through entire songs during my second show.  And, this new mani fits right in with the shiny jackets used on the Tour. Don't think Ruben would go along with that though 🤪 !

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Beanerknits

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Merry Christmas to all here at FCA!  DH and I just got home from 3pm church, and now we are waiting for "A Christmas Story" on TV.  Tomorrow is a big breakfast and then I have a small ham along with Texas Potatoes and green beans almondine, with cookies from a local bakery for dessert.

I hope everyone has the celebration you want!  Love you all!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. Three of us here for Christmas . Other son is coming from OR in a week and half. Didn't  want to face air traffic at Christmas. Granddaughter coming from AZ sometime. We had a rib roast with leftovers for tonite. I only have to return one gift so far. We have so many sweets from neighbors and some I bought that I am tempted to eat some even though I haven't had sugar in at least five years. I'll probably freeze a lot of it. 

Hope you all have a Happy New Year.