Fingers crossed for a date near me!

I’m kind of addicted to Threads at this point!

Our local Irish festival is this weekend, and my husband go for all the days.  BUT…I’ve heard a rumor that something special is happening tonight in Clay world, so if there is something…can you please bring it to FCA?  Please and thank you!

With my former job, I would send a fax about once a month.  Several places still require stuff being sent via fax, go figure!

What surprises me is that CLAY also got a 0.  I mean, I'm 16 years older than him.  It's not surprising for me, but Clay?  

On the lookout for Clay's new album release announcement.  Hopefully soon !!!

Surprise below !!

https://playbill.com/article/lea-salonga-releasing-new-holiday-album-sounding-joy

Lea Salonga Releasing New Holiday Album, Sounding Joy

The record, which includes a duet with American Idol star Clay Aiken, will be her first holiday album in two decade

If anyone is interested in the song: Angels We Have Heard (Glory Be)  This is sung by Jordan Smith, who won The Voice several years ago for Adam's team.  I've been following him since The Voice, but he's really gone full fledged Christian music.  As a Christian, I can tolerate some of it, but this one is pretty good.  Interesting to see how they make it into a duet.

Thanks for the link to the YouTube of the song! It’s a nice variation on the traditional Christmas song. I hope that in this recording, Clay will get the chance to show the power of his voice and not just sing back-up for Lea Salonga. But I love that this may be a way for him to reach folks who haven’t paid attention to him before. 🥰

• Like 1
15 hours ago, jmh123 said:

And good promo for his album too!!

You bet!

Meghan McCain just name dropped Clay in her latest podcast.  She tends to do that, without saying a whole lot about him.  This one, however, I found rather interesting.

From People Magazine:  Why Meghan McCain Says She's Turned Down Dancing With the Stars Three Times

The relevant Clay part.  Sounds like "The Masked Singer" might have been lucrative for Clay:

The daughter of late Senator John McCain, 39, admitted that her participation in the show would have earned her a pretty penny. She went on to share that her friend Clay Aiken told her how much he made during his stint on The Masked Singer.

"I'm not going to say how much [it pays] because I don't have his permission, but he did The Masked Singer, and The Masked Singer, everybody should want to get on The Masked Singer," McCain continued, adding that she "wouldn't have to work for a year" if she went on.

• Like 1

Stopping by to say Hi. Will be going to the Roast as I live 90 miles from Cary. Meeting my sister there. I will be driving alone this time , so not looking forward to driving home at night. Hopefully no rain that evening. Still a caretaker for my husband but now having my own health issues.

Looking forward to hearing Clay live. I believe I ordered a Christmas cd, so that will be nice to receive too. 

You all take care and I'll check in off and on.

• Thanks 1