Aug. 10, Cary, NC

Ansamcw

She goes to lots.

Mary just blogged in Clay's blog.

No line for security reasons... Can't say I'm surprised.

I hope the security reasons have nothing to do with one certain person in the audience. That just gives him too much power.

I hope its because of the venue and where its located.......

She goes to lots.

Yup don;t want some undesirables getting close to Clay...too bad for the other fans. Hope they understand.

I wonder if other people in Jeromes list are in attendance.

She goes to lots.

I hope the security reasons have nothing to do with one certain person in the audience. That just gives him too much power.

I hope its because of the venue and where its located.......

I say better safe than sorry...

:wub: God, I love his whole damn being!

And yay, Ansa's back.

hee so how is Lucky... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

But.....

It gives JP waaaay too much power. If Clay walked the line it would show he was NOT intimidated by that scum. JP cannot hurt Clay physically - especially with Jerome around.

Why give him that kind of power???

I mean, I get it, but I personally think its the wrong decision. Clay and company are letting that asshole dictate what they do - and in Clay's hometown! No one should have that kind of power over Clay.

Especially not that scumbag!

The thing is, though....what the hell would they expect to happen? As far as I know nobody has made actual threats against Clay. Nobody's sworn to beat him up or physically hurt him, have they? Most of Clay's 'slings and arrows' have been words...

I've never been to this venue, so I know absolutely nothing about the setup. Did he do a line when he did the JBT there? I really do hope the decision had nothing to do with any individual(s) in attendance---that it was for some other purely logistical reason....

ETA: Heh, CG...looks like we were typing the same message at the same time! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by muskifest

JP cannot hurt Clay physically - especially with Jerome around.

Of course Clay could handle it, but what about the fans? The scene could get ugly really fast. Recipe for disaster and better left alone IMO.

As far as I know nobody has made actual threats against Clay.

But that's as far as you know. Do you expect to always know stuff like that? I mean are the fans really privy to that sort of information? Tells me they are taking his security very seriously.

Edited by jamar1700

I understand what you are saying CG>.just don't want the scum to touch Clay. And yep Jamar.. I can so see things getting out of hand with the fans...and really a crowd that large can NOT be controlled by 3 people.

But.....

It gives JP waaaay too much power. If Clay walked the line it would show he was NOT intimidated by that scum. JP cannot hurt Clay physically - especially with Jerome around.

I mean, I get it, but I personally think its the wrong decision. Clay and company are letting that asshole dictate what they do - and in Clay's hometown! No one should have that kind of power over Clay.

Let's just say Buster misses you. :lol:

Agrees with my twin, but at the same time, well, I guess maybe it's for the fan's safety too - like they're afraid a riot would break out if the fucking fuck asshole loser were there. It might have simply looked too unpredictable... I'm sure it was no easy decision. And I betcha Clay is not thrilled; he'd probably rather just not disappoint 6000 people for one lousy scumbag.

I guess ya just never know.

Oh well.

Awesome show. Clay kicked ass.

But.....

We are just speculating here. No one knows the actual reason.

BUT...just think of it this way...if you were Clay...would you want to actually face the scumbag in such close proximity? It also can get iffy between the fans and this scumbag...too many risk...I don't think its worth it just to make a statement.

Its Jerome's call in this instance. His first priority is Clay's safety.

I understand what you are saying CG>.just don't want the scum to touch Clay.

But he did just let him touch him. Because of him, Clay altered what he WANTED to do and what he normally does do. That's a far more powerful touch than any physical touch.

As for the fans, if he were in the line, fans would notice. It could have gotten ugly whether or not Clay came out to the line - although the best thing the fans could do if he were in the line would be to completely and totally IGNORE him!

IMO, unless there was a physical threat we don't know about, letting that sleeze bucket control ANYTHING Clay does is wrong and will only serve to encourage him.

Whatever, at least Clay gave a kick-ass show, despite the presense of one particular insect (although that is an insult to insects.....)!!!

Let's just say Buster misses you. :lol:

bwah did I get the wrong name??? Hee well you have 4 dogs hard to keep them apart.

Agrees with my twin, but at the same time, well, I guess maybe it's for the fan's safety too - like they're afraid a riot would break out if the fucking fuck asshole loser were there. It might have simply looked too unpredictable... I'm sure it was no easy decision. And I betcha Clay is not thrilled; he'd probably rather just not disappoint 6000 people for one lousy scumbag.

I guess ya just never know.

Oh well.

Awesome show. Clay kicked ass.

YUP...too many factors. I guess the scumbag was with other former fans too...so they were not there trying to be quiet and inconspicuous.

I feel sorry for the fans...hope he get to do it in asheville.

But he did just let him touch him. Because of him, Clay altered what he WANTED to do and what he normally does do. That's a far more powerful touch than any physical touch.

This is true, CG. It sucks.

The fuckwad does have a little power - we all feel it at times...like now. He's maddening. I wish he wasn't, but he is. He took something, but I refuse to give him even more. He ain't worth any of it.

bwah did I get the wrong name??? Hee well you have 4 dogs hard to keep them apart.
No, you didn't... I meant Lucky is now after Buster. Yes, it IS hard to keep them apart. Heh. :lol:

ITA Jamar...when it comes to Clay's security there are a lot of things we do not know. As I said...for all we know there were other considerations...not just this slime bucket.

I know its sad that these kind of people should change our behavior...but its all part of life.

YUP...too many factors.

And the chances are there are factors we don't even know about. Cuz I, for one, sure don't think we are privy to everything there is to know.

I'm sure that Jerome would rather Clay didn't do the buslines in the first place, I think he makes it work because Clay really wants him too and because for the most part we have behaved very well. But I can't imagine he's ever truly comfortable with the whole idea. I'm sure it's counter to everything he knows about personal security. Add a potential problem in a dark parking lot and all bets are off and that's all he needs to shut it down.

But that's JMO.

Edited by jamar1700

well apparently there are reports that the former fans that were sitting with him were making snide comments through the show... so they were trying to create trouble.

some people truly need to get a life.

well apparently there are reports that the former fans that were sitting with him were making snide comments through the show... so they were trying to create trouble.

Except that report came from CH who got it from CV who says they got it from CH...and there is no such original post on CH, only one that says Anna and Beachbum were with fuckwad.

Telephone game to the max.

Except that report came from CH who got it from CV who says they got it from CH...and there is no such original post on CH, only one that says Anna and Beachbum were with fuckwad.

bwah

how many people were there tonight?

Well fuck them all! (Not that anyone would want to.....)

I still cannot imagine any of them posed a physical threat (but as has been said, we don't know all there is to know....) and sometimes you just really need to stand up to fuckwads (as my twin called them) like this. Until you do, they will think they have more power than they do.

Maybe I am being idealistic instead of realistic, but I have always believed you stand up to those who would tear you down. That is the only way you gain control.

I still cannot imagine any of them posed a physical threat (but as has been said, we don't know all there is to know....) and sometimes you just really need to stand up to fuckwads (as my twin called them) like this. Until you do, they will think they have more power than they do.

Maybe I am being idealistic instead of realistic, but I have always believed you stand up to those who would tear you down. That is the only way you gain control.

I'm with ya... but, there's a reason my sister is living in an RV in my driveway instead of at her own lovely home with her controlling, verbally abusive, about to be ex-husband. You just can't count on the unknown/unpredictable emotions of someone else and sometimes the risk isn't worth it. Sometimes...they can think whatever they fucking want, but they don't own you, even if they think they do.

6000, I heard.

Edited by YSRN

Honestly, I don't think the presence of a single known individual is enough to nix the line. That person could be easily isolated and prevented access. My guess is that it's more than that.

We would not know about any direct threats. Psychos don't always post on public message boards. Sometimes they just write nasty, hateful letters. Sometimes, they act with stealth. It's possible there are other people, former fans perhaps, who are just as dangerous.

Personally, I trust in Clay's security to make the right decision as to what is or is not an acceptable risk. They may know far more than we do.

I'm with ya... but, there's a reason my sister is living in an RV in my driveway instead of at her own lovely home with her controlling, verbally abusive, about to be ex-husband. You just can't count on the unknown/unpredictable emotions of someone else and sometimes the risk isn't worth it. Sometimes...they can think whatever they fucking want, but they don't own you, even if they think they do.

Honestly, I don't think the presence of a single known individual is enough to nix the line. That person could be easily isolated and prevented access. My guess is that it's more than that.

We would not know about any direct threats. Psychos don't always post on public message boards. Sometimes they just write nasty, hateful letters. Sometimes, they act with stealth. It's possible there are other people, former fans perhaps, who are just as dangerous.

Personally, I trust in Clay's security to make the right decision as to what is or is not an acceptable risk. They may know far more than we do.

You all are far too sensible.

I know Clay's security would always err on the side of caution and that's Clay's safety is their ONLY priority - and that is a good thing. Its awful to say, but I actually hope its more than just JP's presense that caused the cancellation of the line. I also have a feeling Clay wasn't aware of whatever caused them to make that decision until after the concert because in California he announced that there would be no line during the concert and he didn't tonight.

I guess its just a sad commentary on human-kind that something like this happened. Its so ironic. In so many many ways Clay represents the best mankind has to offer. Too bad anything the worst of mankind has touched him in any way.

I am glad that if something like this had to happen it happened in Raleigh where he is surrounded by his friends and family who know him like no one else - including his fans.

HEE...thanks for clarifying that...sure don;t want to be a part of that telephone game.

this is exactly what I was trying to say. although he is the most visible threat...its possible that there are others. Don't want to be am alarmist about this...but there certainly are a lot of psychos out there.

Yup CG...I would like to be idealistic about this too. I wouldn't be surprised if Clay would be out there if it was up to him. But thankfully there is Jerome who's main concern is Clay's safety regardless of who would be disappointed or what message they would send.

It always made me wonder why a guy like Clay would be such magnet for hate...sigh

I guess its just a sad commentary on human-kind that something like this happened. Its so ironic. In so many many ways Clay represents the best mankind has to offer. Too bad anything the worst of mankind has touched him in any way.

I am glad that if something like this had to happen it happened in Raleigh where he is surrounded by his friends and family who know him like no one else - including his fans.

Way sad...and me too.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

It always made me wonder why a guy like Clay would be such magnet for hate...sigh

good question to discuss in one of our fast forward chats. Maybe we can schedule another one after the concerts. And I get back from VEGAS. My buds kept me quite under control in California. heh.