All the little birdies on Aiken Street love to hear the Robin goin' tweet-tweet-tweet

jmh123

February 24

This week I officially file my paperwork to run for #NC02. Will you make a donation to support our campaign today? act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901…
I am honored to have the opportunity to serve. I look forward to speaking out on the issues that matter to you on the trail. #clayfornc

February 25

RT @ClayForNC: Excited to announce we're now on Instagram! @ClayForNC Instagram.com/clayfornc

Retweet from the Clay for NC twitter:

Make a contribution to @clayaiken today act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901… to help power us through to Thursday. #clayfornc
I will officially file for Congress on Thursday. Stand with me via clayaiken.com. RT this to stand with us. #clayfornc

February 26

My campaign set a goal of $20,000 raised online this week act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901… #nc02 #clayfornc
Will you chip in $20 today to help us reach our goal? act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901… #nc02 #clayfornc
Tomorrow I will officially file for Congress. I will always stand up for you. Will you stand with me today? act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901… #nc02
Excited to file in the morning. Stand with me now if you can act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901… #clayfornc
Thank you all for supporting this campaign so far. I appreciate you more than I could say.

February 27

I am filing for Congress in a few minutes. Will you #standwithclay and chip in $5 for my campaign? act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901…

Retweet from redroses1944"

Making mine at 9:29. @clayaiken Will you #standwithclay and chip in $5 for my campaign? act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901…

BhfOoYFIEAAkyJa_zpsdd9484a4.jpg

I am standing with family and teachers who shaped me. Join my campaign via clayaiken.com #standwithclay pic.twitter.com/DXgWSPVS4X

BhfRIwjIAAA7TEg_zpsbb541aa1.jpg

I am honored to be joined by my Mom and teachers who shaped MY values as I declare. clayaiken.com pic.twitter.com/trriZvSIA1

BhfS-hVIAAA31QJ_zps4547f8fc.jpg

Retweet from the Clay for NC twitter:

The @NCGOP sent a good friend to track Clay. #standwithclay and make a gift act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901… #nc02

Retweet from major1029

@clayaiken Good luck Clay! Not in your district but have donated to your campaign. Power to the people.

Clay's reply:

@major1029 thank you

TheClayboard tweeted:

Congratulations @clayaiken #standwithclay

Clay's Reply:

@TheClayboard thank you

Tweet from peetie510:

@clayaiken Congrats! How long will you be in Asheboro today? Would love to attend. Have questions? #clayfornc

Clay's reply:

@peetie510 not sure of the exact length but come down!

Retweet from newsobserver.com

Clay Aiken says the federal health care law is deficient after he officially files for Congress: bit.ly/1pyDpav

2 Retweets from Conehead76

Go to clayaiken.com to show support, donate, & help @clayaiken make a positive change in DC @ClayForNC youtube.com/watch?v=W2Yj3F…

This is why @clayaiken is running for Congress in NC. Be sure to check out clayaiken.com for more info youtube.com/watch?v=sVjOMc…

[media=]

My friend @MarkBurnettTV movie about Jesus opens this Friday! Check out the powerful @SonofGodMovie now fandango.com/sonofgod_16967… #sonofgod RT

February 27 Cont.

The shutdown and the sequester have caused enough harm already to our military personnel and their families.
Any more cuts to our military is unacceptable. This is an issue where both parties should agree.
It was an incredible day on the campaign trail. Great to stand with family in Wake County this morning and then travel the district.
So many of you have given to our campaign today. Please chip in $10 more to get us to our goal for the week act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901… #nc02
Thanks to all who #StandWithClay by giving. Please join them act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901…

julian_thrashes tweeted:

good to see @clayaiken at the precinct meeting tonight! good luck!

Clay's reply:

RE: military cuts — I oppose any cuts in pay/benefits for military personnel. Too many veterans in NC have already been hurt.

February 28

Prominent Republican Robert Holding is considering challenging Congresswoman Ellmers saying she has "gone Washington" newsobserver.com/2014/02/27/365
Because of your support Robert Holding and other Republicans believe that we can win. Will you chip in $10 now? act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901…
Thank you all for chipping in. Join us act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901… #nc02

Retweet from claysweetea

Join with me and donate to @clayaiken for making a change in DC. Please go to clayaiken.com & donate $10 today #20kgoal @ClayForNC

MChambless13 tweeted:

I guess @clayaiken is too busy to give me a bday shoutout. Oh well you still rocked that hoody in New York. #guildsohard @Changlenn

Clay replied:

@MChambless13 happy birthday!

And then the freakout from MChambless13

@clayaiken: @MChambless13 happy birthday!” OMG my life is complete shout out to @Changlenn for making this happen BEST BIRTHDAY EVER

March 3

I am ready to fight for all of you. Check out my stances on the issues that matter clayaiken.com/issues #nc02 #clayfornc
RT @ClayForNC: The #NC02 was just named an emerging district with potential to switch from red to blue politico.com/story/2014/03/… #clayfornc
RT @ClayForNC: Contribute now to help keep the momentum going so that we can return #NC02 to the people act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901… #clayfornc
Thank you for your help in placing #NC02 on the national radar! Let's take real NC values to DC. #ncpol #clayfornc

March 4

I applaud the budget for proposed expansion of EITC. More $ to flow to Main Street, more opportunity for social mobility. #nc02

Three retweets from the Clay for NC page:

At J S Waters School in Goldston. Reading to students for their read-a-thon! #ncpol #nc02
Convo with students about their futures and why I became a teacher #ncpol #nc02 @ J.S.Waters School instagram.com/p/lILg1yKRU5/

2ef742cde56f6f2709473e30601c3e66_zps86caa3ba.jpg

The NC-2 is now a competitive district w/ @clayaiken in the race. Chip in $10 to keep it that way act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901…

March 5

Retweet from the campaign twitter:

.@clayaiken is receiving unprecedented grassroots support act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901… #NC02 #standwithclay
Stand with us! RT ClayForNC: Our campaign is at 1991 online donors. Will you put us over 2000? act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901… #standwithclay

March 6

Retweet from the Official Campaign twitter:

Such a fun and generous group at our first fundraiser last night! Couldn't make it? Donate at clayaiken.com pic.twitter.com/iQBHNElbuP

2014-03-05_2123_zps60e8da23.png

talkingaboutpolitics.com

Thank You, Robert Holding

Thank You, Robert Holding

Gary Pearce posted on March 06, 2014 12:27

He helped answer two questions that I get a lot: Why are you helping Clay Aiken? And, of course: What’s he like?

When Holding said he was considering running against Renee Ellmers in the Republican primary (he didn’t, in the end), he said she “has gone Washington.” He added, “Do not underestimate Clay Aiken. He’s speaking from the heart. If he gets off the ground there is a concern on my side that he could get loose and win that thing.”

Bingo, Robert.

Aiken is known for his singing voice, but he has a unique political voice. As he showed in hisannouncement video, he tells his life story in a compelling way, he captures the public’s disgust with Washington dysfunction and he offers a clear and refreshing contrast. And he’s bringing attention to a race that wasn’t on the radar.

What’s he like? The first thing people say is: “You’re taller than I expected” (an inch or two over six feet.) He’s genuine, down-to-earth and likeable. Self-assured in the way successful people are, but not cocky. He’s not intimidated by cameras, media scrutiny or the Republican tracker who tapes his every move and utterance. Been there, done that.

He’s tougher, smarter and more informed than people expect. He’s a sponge for information and he sets high standards for himself and people around him.

He has a genuine distaste for what politics in America has become, just like many voters. And he has an internal compass that steers him clear of politics-as-usual. He’s a welcome contrast to a cynical, power-hungry, money-obsessed political world.

And his campaign is attracting smart, idealistic and committed young people. That’s good for the Democratic Party.

Martin Nesbitt believed that his job was to vigorously represent the people who lived in his district. He did that throughout his career.

March 10

Check out our new site clayaiken.com #clayfornc
Help our campaign keep growing by contributing $5 via clayaiken.com today. Thank you for your support! #nc02 #clayfornc
ICYMI, our campaign launched a new website today clayaiken.com with more to come! #clayfornc
Consider making a gift to our campaign tonight. We have real momentum clayaiken.com #nc02 #clayfornc

March 18

Three retweets from the ClayForNC page:

Due to inclement weather we have decided to postpone the open house for the safety of all involved.
The primary poll places Clay 22 points ahead of third place Keith Crisco. Give today! act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901… #ncpol #nc02
Clay is winning, he has the momentum, but he needs you clayaiken.com #standwithclay #nc02 #clayfornc
I am excited by our poll numbers, but I need your help to get our message out and keep our support growing act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901… #nc02

March 21

Four retweets from the ClayForNC page:

We had a great fundraiser for @clayaiken in Raleigh last night. Couldn’t make it? Chip in $5 act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901… pic.twitter.com/1lDzq2zozr

10151804_633584873387912_1877869944_n_zps2383dd4e.jpg

Your gift today will help @clayaiken’s momentum continue act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901…
The Fayetteville Observer covered @clayaiken’s visit & his views on veterans issues fayobserver.com/news/local/art… #nc02
Clay was in Harnett County yesterday as well harnettnews.org/?p=2278 #nc02 #standwithclay

The last two tweets reference articles that are in our News section.

March 24

Retweet from MSSpolitico:

Welcoming @clayaiken to ATL tomorrow! Join our fabulous event to show ur support. Midtown @5:3O.Contact @bricebarnes if u can make it! #Clay
I will be in the ATL tomorrow. Join me? twitter.com/msspolitco/sta… #standwithclay #nc02

March 25

Retweets from the ClayForNC account:

Clay’s momentum has made #NC02 winnable, but it has awakened the other side. #standwithclay
Trackers from @AmericaRising are stalking @clayaiken and we need to be prepared to fight back act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901… #NC02
.@MittRomney’s former campaign manager is behind @AmericaRising & they are also tracking candidates across NC act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901…
Your support now will help us push back against @AmericaRising & other special interests act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901… #StandWithClay

Retweet from louismduke:

Can't wait for Clay to be back! RT @CampbellDems: We enjoyed having lunch with @clayaiken last week! @ClayForNC #NC02 pic.twitter.com/xYjh821LQN

BjiP2-zIMAAJiSL_zpscffac63c.jpg

March 27

We are halfway to our $10k online goal this week. Will you chip in $10 today? act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901… cc: @clayaiken

Retweet from ChezFlorette:

@ClayForNC: We are halfway to $10k online goal this week. Chip in $10 today? act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901… cc: @clayaiken KEEP IT GOING FOLKS!

March 29

Please consider making a donation to @clayaiken ahead of the filing deadline on Monday act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901… #nc02 #standwithclay

Retweet from the ClayforNC account:

WITN covers @clayaiken’s visit to Greenville witn.com/home/headlines…
Hi team - we are so close to our goal and the reporting deadline is Monday. Will you give today? act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901…

Retweet from Josue_Berduo

It was awesome meeting future Congressman Clay Aiken tonight at the CDNC reception in Greenville NC! @clayaiken @ClayForNC

March 31

Today marks the final day of our fundraising quarter and every dollar counts. Will you stand with me? act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901… #NC02
So many of you have said that you #StandWithClay, will you do so once more? act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901…
Today is an important day to show the political world & media that our campaign has the momentum act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901… #NC02
Thank you ALL for supporting me today. Will you chip in $5? act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901… - I need you. #standwithclay
Your generosity astounds me. Thank you all. act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901… #StandWithClay #NC02
Midnight marks the end of the quarter and my team tells me that we are extremely close to our total goal act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901… #NC02
I can't tell you how much it would mean to me if you would make a contribution to support our effort act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901… #nc02

Retweet from @LauraMichelle17

Tired of a do-nothing Congress? Today please consider donating even $5 to @clayaiken who will work for the people! #StandWithClay @ClayForNC
Will 50 more donors stand with me before midnight? Every little bit counts act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901… #nc02 #standwithclay

April 4

Three retweets from the ClayForNC account:

You may RSVP to see @clayaiken in Charlotte via our website act.myngp.com/Forms/78351374… #StandWithClay
Want to see @clayaiken soon? We have a few events coming up - including one in Charlotte on 4/8 facebook.com/events/6151415…
We also have a young professional reception planned w/ @clayaiken on April 16 at 6pm facebook.com/events/3003385… #NC02 #ncpol
We are $100 shy of our weekly goal. Will you chip in today? act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901… #standwithclay

April 9

When I began my campaign for Congress, I said that I believe people in my corner of North Carolina want a Congressman who listens to them.
Some people think that’s too optimistic. And I can understand why. There is so much cynicism and negativity in politics today.
It seems that the loudest, most extreme voices get all the attention. And that needs to change.
As I traveled across the district last week, I met so many ppl who still believe that our brightest days are ahead of us.
They know what is possible when you work together. They represent the true values of North Carolinians.
I am ready to keep fighting for you. Will you stand with me? act.myngp.com/Forms/52345901… #NC02 #ncpol