# 71: We're Happy with Clay, and What Else Matters!

ldyjocelyn

Is everyone who reads here OK?  Please check in....

I'm still at work, but it's Spring Break, so there's no one here.  My boss thinks that we'll be working remotely soon, and I think so too.

On the other hand, I figured out how to do pickup order from Kroger today.  But...not picking up the groceries until Thursday, which was the earliest I could get them.  That's OK -- I have enough bread to last until then.  

Bad news in my life:  my wall oven has died.  It's a smaller than normal wall oven, and it's going to cost us $1300.  Yikes.

The Project Gala has released the names of the songs that won.  Clay will be doing these....whenever the Gala is held.  

https://www.inclusionproject.org/gala2020setlistvote/

8 minutes ago, ldyjocelyn said:

Is everyone who reads here OK?  Please check in....

I'm still at work, but it's Spring Break, so there's no one here.  My boss thinks that we'll be working remotely soon, and I think so too.

On the other hand, I figured out how to do pickup order from Kroger today.  But...not picking up the groceries until Thursday, which was the earliest I could get them.  That's OK -- I have enough bread to last until then.  

Bad news in my life:  my wall oven has died.  It's a smaller than normal wall oven, and it's going to cost us $1300.  Yikes.

The Project Gala has released the names of the songs that won.  Clay will be doing these....whenever the Gala is held.  

https://www.inclusionproject.org/gala2020setlistvote/

Looks like you might be getting money from the government soon.   Oh my I crack myself up!

I use my toaster oven more than my regular one now!

FYI. The Metropolitan Opera is streaming some of their productions every night. Last night was Carmen and tonight La Boheme!  They are really good and I’m finding myself singing along....not that I have a voice or know the words come to think of it!

I'm fine except for allergies. Never had them but I guess walking the dog twice a day keeps me outside more. Yesterday over 80 degrees so I worked outside. All trees blooming and still haven't picked up leaves from Fall. 

We are self quarantined except for walking in the neighborhood. Always someone to talk to. So it's also a social event.

I am behind in Clay's podcasts. Hope to catch up this weekend. 

Hope everyone else is doing well.

I am on a 14 day self quarantine before I can go back to work.  I was out skiing in Colorado when they closed the ski hills and I drove back.  I was not scheduled to work till the 30th of this month.  Because I was out in a area that had cases they made be quarantined.  I have not been out to any place since they told me but I have gone out for a walk with no interacting with people.  I have talked to my nurse manager and we agreed that I will not take any patients with the virus because of my age.  So far we have not had a case at my hospital. 

Started my spring cleaning early.  Finishing upstairs today then will take down my curtain and wash them. Exciting!!

gbmifan, I hope everything works out well for you! Please stay safe!

Fear, I too have allergies. Fortunately, I have plenty of allergy medicine and Kleenex!

As of Thursday, I am now working from home until the rest of the semester (middle of May).  I had been feeling some tightness in my chest earlier in the week (NO FEVER!), but as soon as I started working from home, it went away! I think it was acid reflux due to stress.

Staying inside as much as possible, but also working out regularly.  I may lose weight during this!

Still not sure if I will be getting an oven soon.  Not sure if delivery of a purchased oven is an essential service, as my state is shutting down everything but essential services at 5 pm today.

Listening to this week’s podcast now.  It’s very good!  

Hope Faye is OK...

On 3/22/2020 at 9:08 PM, merrieeee said:

With Amazon Prime, Hulu, Netflix, Britbox and Acorn you think I’d find something to watch!

HAHAHAHA!  I just found out yesterday that CBS All Access is going free for a month, so I can binge the first season of Picard!  YAY!

A good article on the podcast:  Clay Aiken Podcast Looks for Political Balance

If you need something crazy to watch and I mean Crazy!   Watch Tigerking on Netflix.  It’s hard to believe people are really like this!  It’s like watching a train wreck you just can’t look away!   There’s polygamy, murder for hire, missing people and just for ldyj big cats!  

So I ordered groceries to be delivered today. I chose Aldi as fewer people shop there and figured out I might get everything I needed. I did.  What a palaver to put it away!  We waited for the delivery lady to leave the bags at the front door and we put on gloves to bring everything in!  We covered two countertops with plastic and unloaded the bags on one side.  Then we wiped most of the groceries with disinfectant wipes and washed the fruit in soapy water! We let everything except the perishables dry and then disposed of all the bags, gloves and the plastic!  Then washed and sanitized our hands!  OH I forgot we also wiped all the door knobs too!

Am I being paranoid?