# 71: We're Happy with Clay, and What Else Matters!

ldyjocelyn

This news about Clay being in Grease is. exciting! A great way to start the week although Im still on quite a high from this weekend! 
The moment I walked into the Omni on Friday started seeing folks I knew I felt like I was with family. The pre party Friday night was a lot of fun! I that it was cute seeing Diane wearing a Clay shirt. 
Then the brunch Saturday morning was great! I enjoyed hearing from Phil Liebson hearing about this accreditation program the Projects working on. I thought it was cute when Clay said I look cute today while he was sitting with Diane and Phil answering questions. I agreed I thought Clay looked adorable! The play date with "National Inclusion Project" was fun! 
The main event, I was sitting just a couple seats down from Lori I loved seeing her reaction to receiving founders award she was so surprised! That was so deserved! 
Seeing Jerome speak was just moving real Jeung him talk about what hes been through. 
The lost concert was soo good! Clay sounded amazing! Some of my favorites were OMWH, As long as Were here, TITN falling, lover all alone. I dont think Ill ever listen to Falling or Grace Of God the same way again. I liked the suit Clay wore.
I enjoyed spending time with new and old friends this past weekend.

fear it was great getting to meet you on Saturday! 

• Like 2

Thank you for the pictures. Did not go to the Founders Brunch so did not see what he was wearing.  Looking good in those pictures.

I had so much fun this weekend seeing everyone.  We did not stay at the Omni but it worked out we were there a lot.  Our hotel was about 4 blocks away and had free shuttle in the city center so we took it many times.  I walked back and forth a few extra times to get some steps in. 

The concert was great.  He sounded wonderful and I even got to hear some early songs that I never saw live since I did not start going to concert to Christmas 2004.  TITN and Invisable were fun. I did not want it to end.  

• Like 2

Still in the glow of the Gala and wishing I could get to see Clay in Grease. Its about a six and a half hour drive from here. I can't do long drives as I tend to fall asleep suddenly. I ttk my kids to see Grease on Broadway about 30 or 40 years ago. They really enjoyed it but I don't remember much of it. Probably fell asleep even back then. Hope he does great in his role and I'm sure we will hear from those who are going.

Fear, I’ve only seen the movie a few dozen times, but never the stage show.  Alas, I can’t go either.

Supposedly, Clay gets a mention in the new Wanda Sykes stand-up comedy special on Netflix.  I was planning on watching it this weekend — now I can’t wait!  (If you remember, Wanda met Clay via the Tonight Show...)

I just watched the Wanda Sykes show and it’s good. She is bemoaning the fact that the Confederate flag is revered in the South! The mention of Clay is cute. Something about if you’re going to celebrate the South then let’s  have a statue of Clay Aiken wearing  a Dollywood t-shirt holding a bottle of moonshine!

Mention of Clay in this article:  https://triblive.com/aande/theater-arts/pittsburgh-clo-version-updates-grease-for-the-21st-century/

The 26-year-old Adkins says he’s looking forward to working with Aiken, knowing his legacy from the iconic singing competition.

Aiken has a particular challenge in the Teen Angel role, Adkins says, because the part requires the actor to come out cold and sing just one song — “Beauty School Dropout.”

Unlike the other cast members, who are onstage throughout, getting comfortable and loosening up their vocal chords, he says, “(Aiken) only gets one shot to nail it. He has to sit in his dressing room, then come out and sing one song. That’s the hardest thing for a performer to do.

“His time on ‘American Idol’ probably prepared him for that,” Adkins says. “I think he’s going to come out and sing it like a rock star.”

I'll put the full text in the news thread.

I had so much fun spending Christmas with my friend @clayaiken & @rubenstuddard seeing their show on Broadway. They were def "Best Special Engagement" to me. Show them some love and vote for them here if you can!

https://www.instagram.com/stories/hannahjewelkohn_/

Little bit of Clay at the end of this instagram story.  Looks like we may have a gay old time with this!  haha

ETA:  copy the link to see what it entails.  Embedding isn't working at the moment....

https://www.post-gazette.com/ae/theater-dance/2019/06/05/Clay-Aiken-Pittsburgh-CLO-Grease-Simon-Cowell-American-Idol-theater-musical/stories/201906040130?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_PittsburghPG

Great interview with Clay!  However, it does include this little tidbit:

And that brings us to your Broadway Christmas show with “AI” winner Ruben Studdard: “Ruben & Clay’s First Annual Christmas Carol Family Fun Pageant Spectacular Reunion Show.” You had a New York City run in December with sold-out shows and great reviews. Any chance of reviving that?

We can’t do it this Christmas, but it’s something we would love to do again … we just like working together. We went back to the “Idol” Fox finale, and we were the only two people who have kept in touch with each other from their season. Bo Bice hadn’t spoke with Carrie Underwood in years. Fantasia and Diana DeGarmo didn’t talk, and he and I, we had just talked the previous week. We always thought that was so strange. We just like being together. 

Bummer, but hopefully it will all work out eventually!  I'll put the full text of the interview in the news section.

Also:  Grease Program!

https://www.pittsburghclo.org/uploads/media/Summer_Season/2019/GREASE/PCLO_2019_Grease_Program-FINAL-LoRes.pdf?utm_source=Email_marketing&utm_campaign=emperformancerem20190605&cmp=1&utm_medium=HTMLEmail

Sharon Eberson of the Pittsburgh Gazette tweeted:

Had a blast speaking with @clayaiken who is playing Teen Angel in @PittsburghCLO #Grease  It's a good thing he likes to chat - just as fun and friendly as can be -- because I have a cold and couldn't keep up my end of the conversation.