American Idol

ShelleyC

YUCK....Ace...there were parts that were ok...and parts that were just painful...yikes.

WOW...Simon was really honest with Ace. Also I do agree...Ace was able to sell that song despite the painful parts.

OK...tonight was a yucky night for me. No one really impressed me tonight....even Chris...and there were some painfully awful performances.

NO, Simon, there were no good parts - in the pimp spot and bombing - is that a good thing?

All in all, pretty bad show. It was very high school

It is a goodt hing we listened to those groups singing in AI2 recently :POP: , there was some bad singing there as well, but this - Charles could have so won this season.

Edited by playbiller

I'm replaying the part that I missed - oh darn, the recording stopped 28 minutes into it.

Watching Gedeon - I'm afraid he's one of the best of the night. Not bad. Didn't like it. Hated the note at the end. Wasn't feeling the song.

Liking Chris, but not feeling it like I was before...could be the song. In general not my favorite genre of music.

Kevin SUCKED.

Didn't like Bucky.

Missed the rest. Didn't care.

OK that was really very disappointing...

I'm having a hard time choosing the best perfromance tonight cos something bugged me about every one of them.

Gedeon...good vocal rendition...pretty close to the original. He didn't bring anything new, but he sounded good on it. The problem I had is that his perfromance style is very affected. Over the top. Should go to top 12

Kevin...that was just painful...so amateurish. He was off key, had an uncontrolled vibratto and looked like a kid on amateur night. He has a cute personality and good sense of humor but please just send him home.

Chris...I agree with Simon, didn't like his song choice. He sang it well...but too boring and obscure to be remembered. will go to top 12.

Will...That was such a karaoke rendition. He was cheesy and although his voice was pleasant...no real character to it. should go home, but I don't think so.

Bucky...the tone of his voice was good but the perfromance was so raw...so unpolished. The song was very boring for me. Might go home

Taylor...the dancing and the excessive movements were very distracting. He did a competent rendition of the song...but it didn't blow me away. His version didn't live up to Michael McDonalds. Will go to top 12

Elliott...was disappointing. His voice had too much vibratto for this song. His voice sounded weak for this rock song. I was not impressed. Hope goes to top 12.

Ace...although his overall performance sold that song...his vocals were terrible. There were good moments but there were nails on the board type of moments too. Going on to top 12.

ranking:

Gedeon

Chris

Taylor

Elliot

Ace

Bucky

Will

Kevin

Should go: Kevin and will

might go: Kevin & Bucky or Gedeon

Seamonkey is wearing a suit and tie for the third time this week What's up with that? Is he trying to look more professional for his big eonline gig?

Bo - not the best performance ever, but man, did his hair look great. I'd love to know how long they had to work on it to get it to look so smooth and silky.

Edited by bottlecap

Man there is something about AI - 3rd time this week I fell asleep. Sorry I missed Bo, I have never found his performances since AI very special. I thought it might be becasue he was sick.

So I guess it means that Kevin is still in it - Oh my poor ears - a goat bo-o-o-oy this year.

What the heck was Nigel talking about - there is now great surprise in the girls. Either of those girls was canon fodder fronm the beginning.

Edited by playbiller

The spoilersa re saying its Ayla going home and Nigel said its going to be a surprise...so although I like Ayla more than Melissa...I have a feeling its her...

lets see if the spoiler is correct...

aww shucks...its Ayla out...she was really disappointed...first big failure I bet for her.

Bye Gedeon...I think his problem was that his personality seem so old for a 17 yr old. His singing style also is too old style.

Bucky...his style is really hot right now...country rock...

after that performance...I am glad Gedeon is gone...I don't want to have to watch him every week. GAH that was just OTT...

You mean that ggideon made the mistake of singing closer to being on key than ...say.. . oh, I don't know - well, ACE?

Just as much as Kevin, Ace deserved to be going home - that guy sounds awful, just awful. And I don't mean Aweful, either. Boy did I hit raw nerve at the CH by commenting on Ace's lack of talent.

Moving on to the finale of Beauty and the geek - I am a real reality junkie now.

Edited by playbiller

hee...I think Ace has talent...just very limited...and not up to par for AI winners and even runner ups...

I actually like him...as long as I mute the TV. Not only because he is cute but I find him intriguing cos he really seem insecure and nervous....interesting combination for a guy who looked like him. I hear he is the youngest of 4 boys...or something like that. I saw one of his brothers...and he is really hot...maybe Ace is the ugliest in the family... B)

OOhh, I think you hit the nail on the head there with Ace, Ansa. Pretty, limited talent, and seems very insecure. Fourth or fifth place, I'd say, based on his looks. Unless he gets a heck of a lot better, really fast.

I noticed Ryan didn't invite Ace's brother onstage the other night, like he did with Bucky. Probably too much Hoo-Yah, even for Ryan. :blink: