American Idol

ShelleyC

I wasn;t watching Gedeon...so he didn;t annoy me. I thought his voice was good...but I still think I like Elliot better. I don't know about the song choice though but not watching him...made me enjoy it.

Shut up, bottle! That thought was so far beyond evil - STOP IT, I SAY! Bad, bad Bottlecap! Where's my clack! I need a hit of clack now! The only thing worse that your evil notion was John Stevens in that shower pimpercial...OH NO! I thought I had eradicated that from my braaaaaaain!

KAndre scrabbles desperately for clack...

Dude, 12 and 13 y-o don't actually have sex symbols - jail bait, sweetie.

And don't ever sing Marvin again. This is weaker than Ace.

Good perfromance?..what are they talkign about...Simon is the only one being real...

that was truly vocally terrible.What was randy talking about anybody can do runs...but the question is whether they were good or not. I can do runs..William hing can do runs...

Randy and Paula are so delusional and deaf.

That's right - desert us to the horrors that is AI5....

Will sounds much better on "Lady" than he did last week...but he sounds like some kind of Muzak version. I didn't like it.

Will I can see the voice now...but the problem, it does not fit the style of his voice. ITs like he was trying too hard to impress...I think they see him as a possible spoiler for ACE...I thought the critique was a bit harsh

exactly Kandre..thats what I was trying to say...

Bucky...looks better tonight...but still sounds karaoke...

Bucky looks awkward standing up there - and I like Garth much better than him. I'm just meh.

Clay was cute with the food thing - these people are just coming across as stupid.

David, I'm already tired of this genre - and he just doesn't seem to be that good - this sounds very 3rd class Las Vegas loungey.

David...ok his voice is so affected...but his look is so young HArry Connick. God he is so pitchy...he also has such an annoying vibrato..so the probelm here is that he was on his comfort zone and yet he fell flat. I think right now he was too nervous...shit...Simon just said what I was typing...that he was nervous. Damn...this is scary.

Rankings...

Chris...as usual, his voice and performance was fantastic

elliot...finally heard the good voice Simon was talkign about...but still not the best vocalist

Gedeon...he did that song and that genre justice...beautiful tones.

Bucky...he sounded Karaoke, but good Karaoke

Will...he was able to handle the notes but not the mood or the style of the song

Taylor...he was pitchy...he was annoying and his voice is not as rich. I haven't been blown away by any of his live singing

Ace...WOW that was painful...what saved this is his stage presence...but vocals is probably one of the worse

Kevin...amateur hour

Sway...totally off and he didn't have any confidence...he sounded defeated

David...boring, pitchy and hate the vibratto...he also looked very nervous. bad stage presence.

should go...Sway and David

Will go... sway and David.

Well, I was on the phine talking to the mod that never comes here, so I missed the show. Basically sounds like this is an inconsistant bunch. Isn't Chris the married guy that walked out of the audition room with Paula wrapped around him and ran into his wife? I don't think he could ever sound good enough to wipe that ick from my mind. Yes, I do hold disgust against people.

The interesting thing about AI, pimping only gts you so far, you have to have the performances as well, by final 6 you really have to be able to sing. It will be interesting to see how much is expected of these people this time and it the judges get pissed at anyone.

Well, off to get prepared for the 5 inch sleet storm and 5-7 snow on top. Should be fun. I have to get my snow shovel.

Edited by playbiller

No, playbiller, that icky guy's name was Steven, I think, and he got cut very early in the Hollywood rounds. Chris is married, and during his initial audition piece, his wife was praising him for being such a great step-dad to her kids.

And I see Ansa already answered, but I'm leaving my post here, darn it!

Did I ever mention how much I hate Brenna? Really?

I love the Cornelius Brothers. That's why I hate this. This is terrible, Oh Mandisa, not that top. or those jeans. Sigh.

I have no desire to pick up a phone for any of these losers. At this point, I am only watching the show for the watercooler chatter (anything to avoid actual work at work), and for the TWoP recaps (and Jacob and Joe R. are on thin ice with me so far this season for some of their Clay crap). Definite sneerage from me.

Edited by bottlecap