American Idol

ShelleyC

Oh yes...when they had that very short shot of his brother, I really sat up in attention.

HOT!!!

RIght now I think the front runners in mind are Chris and Taylor. I still think they want a male winner this year.

Okay do we want to have a predictions contest :04:

Well just predict the top 6 in any order...5 points for each right answer

then predict the top 3 in the proper order...10 points for each correct answer...

Just post your predictions and we will see who is the best AI prognosticator.

my predictions...

top six:

Kellie, Mandisa, Katherine

Ace, Taylor, Chris

top three:

third...Kat

runner up...Taylor

winner...Chris

Deadline for putting your predictions up is before the the top 12 show.

playbiller, I'd play, but my picks are exactly the same as yours! :P

And Ansa, I agree with you about what AI wants this year---we need a HOT WHITE MALE out there on the music scene, don't we?

Huh? Who?

Clay Aiken?

BWAHAAAHAHA! You kiddin' me? That elfish, androgynous, Barry Manilow-wannabe? That reality goodie goodie who's squeezing out his 15 mins of fame? That nerdy, geeky-looking sexually ambiguous country boy who doesn't play the game right, but has titanium lungs as well as balls?

Him?

PUH LEEZE. <_<

;) Pass the cabernet, please... :wein:

Edited by muskifest

It's early in the season and surprises are the rule rather than the exception, so I'm just going with who I currently think have given the best performances to date.

Top 3: 1- Chris, 2- Mandisa, 3- Elliot.

Chris has the momentum, and does great within his box. AI seems to be more open to the rocker thing now. His band and performing experience really set him apart. And then, there's the whole grassy knoll white male winner thing. I give him the edge over Elliot because I'm shallow and Chris is alot easier on the eyes.

Mandisa seems to have a lot of charisma, and I enjoy her interview bits very much. I also feel like she has the chops to back her up. I think she will benefit from having the show stylists help her out with her wardrobe.

Elliot seems to be the most versatile of the top contenders in my book. Simon seems to like him alot, which is always a plus. He may also benefit from help from the show's stylists and hair people. Maybe they can do something about his teeth, although it may be too late at this stage. (Yes, I am shallow.)

The rest of the Top 6: Taylor, Katherine, Ace.

I see Taylor as being the Constantine of this season - rabid online support, equally rabid online detractors, with the voters getting tired of his schtick midway through the season. I think a rough performance could sink him.

I suspect Ace's vocal shortcomings will do him in as the competition wears on. His looks may carry him for awhile, but the boyband thing is not going to get him to the top. This season's AFed.

Katherine - Great voice, but not the most dynamic performer, and she comes across, to me at least, as being kind of an airhead. I don't know if she has the killer instinct needed to really do well in the top tier or not.

Okay do we want to have a predictions contest  :04:

Well just predict the top 6 in any order...5 points for each right answer

then predict the top 3 in the proper order...10 points for each correct answer...

Just post your predictions and we will see who is the best AI prognosticator.

my predictions...

top six:

Kellie, Mandisa, Katherine

Ace, Taylor, Chris

top three:

third...Kat

runner up...Taylor

winner...Chris

Deadline for putting your predictions up is before the the top 12 show.

KAndre looks up, say "Eh, that looks 'bout right" and copies it word for word. Hey! Laziness is a legitimate lifestyle choice!

See the way I see it...artist can only get away with having a schtick if their talents make up for it. My problem with Taylor is that...his voice lacks the depth and body. He can growl and sing the notes pretty well but the tone ain't there.

He really reminds me of Ruben.. a good copy of singing legends but falls flat by comparison.

I am so amazedthe randy and Simon called - I thought it was terrible, but Ace looked like he thought it wasthe best ever - he even ran out of breath during his running around and swallowed some words.

Now Kellie - I think htey buried her near the front so people didn't remember how she did. It is unappealing, but maybe I am thinking of better singers.

Whoa - Randy is saying what I was thinking - like her singing didn't count. Will this girl ever get over her nerves. Sheesh, even Simon thought it was boring. Are the songs longer tonight?

OMG...I thought that was the worst song ever... what was she thinking. Very bad key...and she was so scared.

yup ace and Kellie...will probably survive this week. but if they don;t do better they might not even get to top 6

Elliott was so sweet with Stevie...

Elliott did very well with this song. The problem I can see is that it wasn;t flashy and it might not get people vote for him cos he might get forgottten.

Elliot can be as sweet as he wants with anyone, he was off the melody and never caught up to the band. What's with that? is it his hearings fault.

I disagree, he was never caught up to the music and was off key several times. Whast is it this year where now one is ever perfectly on key - this is the first year I ahve ever seen that happen and the best song is the one with the least off keys.

Edited by playbiller

Mandissa - I am so disappointed in the start of that song, Maybe I need to clean my ears, but everyone is sounding off key to me. If the stylist did that to you, don't listen to the stylist anymore. Big arms need some coverage on TV.

Edited by playbiller

Mandisa...was great when she was on her upper register but on her lower ones...not very good...

but I totally love her belting...she looks absolutely stunning.

She is the Best so far..

With Elliott...I think he sounded great compared to the two that just went. I think that song was just very difficult cos it had tons of key changes and so its easy to sound off.

MAN...my respect for stevie just went up cos those songs are so hard to sing...and he does it so effortlessly.

hee Clay in scrubs will be singing a stevie song right?...I bet he will be the best of the night.

BWAH - Stevie warned Bucky to stay on key Bwah = maybe he will take it to heart. He seemed more on key than the osthers so far, but it was not great, he did seem to have fun. Maybe it is nerves getting to all of them - I am a bit confused, this is the 5th year, how did all the others survive without major nerve problems (Julia DeMato excepted)

Edited by playbiller

This is the first time I've heard Bucky and thought he had a real feel for a song - and I am especially impressed since he's apparently never heard Stevie.

It's still not great.

Clay will sing on key.

Lots of stools of seriousness tonight - So Stevie told her not to mess up the lyrics- that would be RUDE.

She sounds ................... wait for it ............................... Broadway.

Not on key on her glory note - sheesh.

LAst minute song change for melissa? Hmm, need more explaination, please,

Edited by playbiller

OMG Melissa is murdering my favorite Stevie wonder song...is she messing up the words...and she is so out of tune.

only got good when she started belting...oops until she started going out of tune....

OMG...she SUCKED!!!

my girls are making fun of her beating up on her throat...GAH, Please get her out.

Bucky...was ok with superstition...but he is still a mediocre singer.

OK why did Simon praise Melissa? Is he trying to get her out...did he realize his tough treatment on her got her sympathy votes?

Hey, y'all. Just got home in time to see Ryan display yet another fetish that I didn't want to know about: You know he was just dying to try on Mandisa's shoes.

So, I've heard Mandisa, Bucky (Bwah to the JSimp hair comment), and Melissa (WTF? - Simon's doing the opposite thing tonight, right? She sucked.)

Any song sung by Clay should be off the selection list - wait, maybe it should also be any song sung by Stevie!

Hehe, I know I should not compare but when Lisa got that high note, it seems she held it for all of what? 2 seconds?

Edited by playbiller

This is the lamest and most boring rendition of SSD EVAH...even Ruben did this so much better than this girl...and of course it pales in comparison to Clay's.

WHAT!!! Lisa totally didn;t have the IT factor...she is so boring!!!