#3 - Here He Comes Again

Ansamcw

Oh maaaaaaaaaan!

KAndre sadly goes and pulls the specially made 7-hour mix she had prepared...

As for the blog - it just made me laugh. They are clearly trolling for hits and were a little snarky. I like the snark, didn't give them a hit, and they gave me an opportunity to mock. What's not to like?

As for the blog - it just made me laugh. They are clearly trolling for hits and were a little snarky. I like the snark, didn't give them a hit, and they gave me an opportunity to mock. What's not to like?

Yes, but you're not - how shall I say this - insane and overprotective, ya know? :blink:

I'll be S'ing TFU now.

WORD to you all...I think it does deserve and Eh remark...precisely because of what KAndre said...we really don't have to justify ourselves to anybody...if people refuse to join in their games its their prerogative. No need to feel we need to protect Clay or need too justify our choices...if people want to participate go ahead and do so but they must speak for themselves and not put it on a level of us against them. Take it with the snark and humor I hope it truly intended and be aware you tread at your own risk.

YAY..

ATDW LISTENING PARTY TONIGHT

please spread the word...everyone that wants to have fun and share the Clay love is welcome!!!

Hey Kandre I would be very interested to discuss favorite playlist with people. How do people arrange it, by theme?, chronological order? by genre? or do you guys like to shuffle.

I would also like to see what poeples ulitimate cds are for the concerts. I am very picky with my concert playlist because ti go for the performance rather that audio quality. Will people be interestd in such a discussion? I can start a thread somewhere...

Well pooh! I thought we could skip RHW and EID and subsitute IYDKMBN and LAA! ;)

Is it ok to come late to the party? I mean, I really don't like RHW. Do I HAVE to listen to it? **pouts*

On my CD I put IYDKMBN and LAA right before BW. I like BW last because of the poem. Problem is, I tend to start at IYDKMBN and listen to only those last 3 songs on repeat! I just love those 3 so much its tough to move on. I am still working on my own version of ATDW but so far I have eliminated RHW and EID and IWKWLI and have substituted TRD, JY and ICMYLM, am thinking of adding IKHTRF, and then I added TOUCH. What - TOUCH is a love song! :)

Although while working on my clack movie, I got rather fond of HYCA, which I used for my montage (a primitive montage by Clay Nation standards but what the hell - its my first one.....).

Oooo! Speaking of my clack movie, I figured out how to get it to burn almost in its entirety. I just had to change a setting on iDVD. It was too close to 2 hours in its original form to burn, but I just changed one thing and voila! I now have to start working on Part 2! I am sure it pales in comparison to the artistry of someone like Spotlightlover, but its a start! I'm happy with it (although there are still a few things I would like to change but I haven't figured out quite how to do what I want all the time).

Hmmm. I have to make sure I have wine for the Listening Party. What would a party here be without alcohol????:fest09: :wein: :trink3: :bier: :voll::juul: :all_coholic: :spit:

... we're doing LAA tonight (after the first seven songs on ATDW)

And LAA gets like three hours, right?

Though I might need more.

I'm waiting to find out if I have to work tonight. I'm still adjusting to working for a west coast group full time, since I live on the east coast. When one of those ten hour days happens, I end up working pretty late.

Though even if I'm working tonight, I'll be peeking in.

Oh -- is Clay still crossing the road? And BTW, exactly where is this road? NYC? Mecca? The Bahamas? Must have a pinpointed location, y'all. It's Claaaay! [/my inner stalker]

I think we can all join in when we want to. I think thats the beauty of having it scheduled 15 minute per song. people will know what we are listening to at any time.

Although the main point of this listening party is to celebrate the CD...I don't think that means we can only say positive things. As long as its contructive or we are not trying to bring the song down I think objective observations are certainly welcome. Like I am very interested in the reason Claygasm does not like RHW...is it the song or the production...This will make for a lively discussion.

LAA...hee I love it too and probably can talk about it for hours...thank God its the last song cos that means we can extend our discussion on it. If thats ok with our hostess.

Guests are welcome but we do require that they introduce themselves to the group.

I think for those that cannot join in the live listening party, they can certainly post their impression of these songs in the thread. We will continue to leave the thread open for anyone who wants to join in.

strummer...well you can be sure Clay will continue to cross some kind of road all through his life :) ...I like the idea of crossing the road in the Bahamas.. :D

yup bring your favorite alcohol...its Long Island ice Tea for me.

Lawd Jesus! :blink: Such drama everwhure.... :unsure:

but not here, thankyavurymuch! :D Ok...that's enough emoticons... heh

Listening party. Hrrmpfh! Couchie broke a date with me for said listening party. :glare: (whoops...there's another yellow face...) What's a muski to do? If it starts 9 pm eastern time, that's 6 pm my time...not a convenient hour for a working mother and wife and daughter, fo sho.

Hmmmmm.....I'll have to think on this one....figure out a way to be non-existent to my family and my job while camped at a computer with my iPod headphones stuck in my ears.

As for the order? I'm K'Andre. (huh? Well, I know THAT. But we do have the big-bosomed woman thang in common.) I put LAA and then IYDKMBN after the regular CD. Like Claygasm I skip RHW and sometimes I skip EIH and TOA. Depends on my mood. Like this morning on the bus. I just listened to LNM over and over and over. I just LOVE the overlay of his voice at the end. (and anytime I can use the word 'lay' in reference to Clay, I'm good with that.)

So I wonder why couchie didn't just invite me over to her house to do the listening party together? Oh, I know. My deodorant was in my lost luggage. :lol:

Edited by muskifest

So I wonder why couchie didn't just invite me over to her house to do the listening party together? Oh, I know. My deodorant was in my lost luggage. :lol:

See, now if she did this you would have the perfect excuse to ignore the family for a little bit!

You could always go to your favorite coffee house with wireless access........ B)

heh...partying muski and couchie together in the listening party...that sounds like fun. There is still next week...and that ends with IYDKMBN...which I know couchie loves...I ended up loving that too. He needs to to a whole record like this.

Well, I think I'll stay away from the cosmos....last time I overindulged in those, I lost a computer, a video iPod and my keys. <_<

Of course, if I were at a friend's house ;) I wouldn't have to worry about losing anything or drinking too much, huh?

I mean....if I were doing the listening WITH someone, I could have a beer or two without worrying, couldn't I? ^_^

Sigh.

Wow...I go away to teach a couple library classes, and people start questioning my RULES!!! Darn it, they are MY rules! [/dictator] OTOH, no one seems to read my posts, because I had this in the original post for the party, with the song listing for each night. Harumph. I'm now hurt and sad by this.

Seriously...

And LAA gets like three hours, right?

Though I might need more.

Heh. Yeah, I could listen to that one for a LONG time too. *sigh*

I'm waiting to find out if I have to work tonight. I'm still adjusting to working for a west coast group full time, since I live on the east coast. When one of those ten hour days happens, I end up working pretty late.

Though even if I'm working tonight, I'll be peeking in.

Just join when you can.

Oh -- is Clay still crossing the road? And BTW, exactly where is this road? NYC? Mecca? The Bahamas? Must have a pinpointed location, y'all. It's Claaaay! [/my inner stalker]

Well golly, I think he just crossed the road to get to my house. I make a mean mac and cheese.

I think we can all join in when we want to. I think thats the beauty of having it scheduled 15 minute per song. people will know what we are listening to at any time.

Although the main point of this listening party is to celebrate the CD...I don't think that means we can only say positive things. As long as its contructive or we are not trying to bring the song down I think objective observations are certainly welcome. Like I am very interested in the reason Claygasm does not like RHW...is it the song or the production...This will make for a lively discussion.

EXACTLY! If I had my druthers, I'd skip a song or two as well *coughIWTKWLI*cough*, but I'm curious about everyone's reactions to particular songs -- what touches them, what DOESN'T, and why. I'm only fascilitating this conversation, and I don't want to censor anyone (unless someone gets NASTY).

LAA...hee I love it too and probably can talk about it for hours...thank God its the last song cos that means we can extend our discussion on it. If thats ok with our hostess.

That's perfectly all right!

Lawd Jesus! :blink: Such drama everwhure.... :unsure:

but not here, thankyavurymuch! :D Ok...that's enough emoticons... heh

Listening party. Hrrmpfh! Couchie broke a date with me for said listening party. :glare: (whoops...there's another yellow face...) What's a muski to do? If it starts 9 pm eastern time, that's 6 pm my time...not a convenient hour for a working mother and wife and daughter, fo sho.

Hmmmmm.....I'll have to think on this one....figure out a way to be non-existent to my family and my job while camped at a computer with my iPod headphones stuck in my ears.

Let's see...there's an emergency. Major emergency. Requires listening to the news and being on the computer for a while. Keep adding to the story and it might work.

I knew the timing wouldn't work for some people, but I tried my best. *sigh*

Like Claygasm I skip RHW and sometimes I skip EIH and TOA. Depends on my mood. Like this morning on the bus. I just listened to LNM over and over and over. I just LOVE the overlay of his voice at the end. (and anytime I can use the word 'lay' in reference to Clay, I'm good with that.)

I sometimes skip RHW and TOA as well. But EIH is still one of my favorites. And I'm having an affair with the ending of LNM. Clay wailing is a sound to behold.

Love to make him wail in other ways...*g*

heh...partying muski and couchie together in the listening party...that sounds like fun. There is still next week...and that ends with IYDKMBN...which I know couchie loves...I ended up loving that too. He needs to to a whole record like this.

I think the two ladies will have a wonderful time if they have the listening party and beer together. I may have to have a beer or two with this this evening myself. Or wine.

Well, I think I'll stay away from the cosmos....last time I overindulged in those, I lost a computer, a video iPod and my keys. <_<

ITA. No cosmos. My luck, Lorne Michaels will show up. *g*

I'm game as long as I can just say Duh. My musical expression tends to be limited to "I like it" and "I don't like it".

Hey, that's perfectly fine. I'm always curious WHY though people think they like things, or not...knowing full well that it sometimes just can't be explained.

___

Entertainment World interview with Suzie McNeil

EW: What was your experience with Clay on his album? You’re just such an unlikely pair. What did you think about the whole experience of recording the duet with him?

SM: I was honored to be a part of it. I have always been a fan, an admirer, of his voice. I think vocalists are really drawn to one another because we know what it’s all about and we know what the other person goes through. I’ve always thought that his voice is phenomenal, like world class. I can’t believe this man. I was saying at the party (she attended Aiken’s CD Release party on September 19th) that one extraordinary thing I noticed during my recording experience with him was that the producer was trying to tune or just make sure his vocals were up to scratch, up to industry standard. He was blown away by how “in tune” Clay’s vocals are. I thought that was amazing. As a vocalist I can only aspire to how perfect he is. I actually think I’m pretty good at it too, just not as good as Clay. I admire him so much.

It's nice to read things like this, isn't it?

KAndre quietly exchanges LNM for LAA and strolls off, listening happily...

Strummer tackles KAndre, steals back LAA, also grabs LNM for good measure, and heads back to the board, wearing a killer white hat decked out with a bitchin' tiara. Gee. However did that happen?.*

:ph34r:

Re: Lover All Alone -

It's that last line in LAA. Go ahead. Play it over and over and over again. But only if you want your heart to swell so much it hurts.

...well you can be sure Clay will continue to cross some kind of road all through his life

That almost has a metaphysical feel to it.

I knew the timing wouldn't work for some people, but I tried my best. *sigh*

Aw. And you did great! Even if I get screwed up with work, I'm just happy to know there's a listening party and that people will be having fun. I love fun! Fun is good! Clay is fun!

*Disclaimer: No board members were harmed during the writing of this post, and no actual tackling occurred. Also, this poster would never ever ever filch a woman's hat. Mainly cos she looks like crap in hats.

:unsure:muski tiptoes in to see if couchie has invited her over yet....cries at the noticeable absence of said couchtomato and slinks away bawling :(

hee!

Don't believe it! I'll just call the woman and see if she's up to having me invite myself! :lol: My darlin' hubby has already told me to go ahead and do something for myself, that I deserve it... :) I lurve him.

:trink4:

Psst! B)Couchie! I'll brink a six pack!

ETA: I just called Couchie and invited myself! She tried to get out of it at first, saying her house is a mess, yada, yada...but I told her who cares? It's CLAY, for God's sake! :lol: So she started to warm up to the idea and then I pulled the ace out of my sleeve and told her I'd bring a six pack...you should have heard the joy in her voice then! ;) Suddenly, it was a FABBUUUUU idea! ^_^

So I'm outta here soon, as soon as I hear back from my hotel guy---I'm in the middle of negotiation a contract with a hotel for an upcoming meeting. He'd better agree to my demands or I'll be late to the Listening Party! :angry:

Oh, did I tell you what one of the clauses I added to the contract is?

"Hotel will provide a private concert by Clay Aiken in meeting planner's room. He will perform other acts at meeting planner's discretion."

Edited by muskifest

Hee...Muski Couchie tries to be good through the day so does not check the boards...

Glad you guys are getting together. That will be fun.

we will open the party thread at 8:30 and people can come and say hi...

so I had pity on poor muski and 'RELUCTANTLY' agreed she could come to casa de couchie and I'm so happy I did...we're just two cackling women..swooning over a skinny white boy's marvelous voice and other things... (that's muski's addition to the sentence of course). I was mostly concerned about my mom cuz she's been sick so long but this was her best day in forever...i know she's feeling better because she went to get her hair done...but know she's not quite up to snuff...because she didn't get the hair color. anyway, good times were had by all..hopefully those who didn't make it this week will come next... i'll try not to scare anyone when my favorite song is discussed next week.

muski here to say goodnight! we had a blast...couchie just invited herself to my place---Casa de muski---next week, so i guess I'll have to clean it... :glare:

not

what fun...thanks again...later, women!

Little bit of news via the CB

from Claypossible from the Clay Dream Believers board:

Let me start out by saying that I met Michael when I won a BAF Auction that included breakfast with him. We had a wonderful time with him, and we have been friends since.

Anyway, I sent him an E-mail thanking him for supporting Clay and saying wonderful things about him in the Image magazine. This is what he responded:"

"I love all the E-mails I'm getting with people THANKING me for the nice things I said about Clay - it's so great. But I do say the things I say because I think he's a HUGE talent - and a great guy - and I don't care what the critics say or do - the PEOPLE speak, and they know...and Clay will be a huge talent and will be around for a LONG LONG time cuz he's that good.

Take care."

so I had pity on poor muski and 'RELUCTANTLY' agreed she could come to casa de couchie and I'm so happy I did...we're just two cackling women..swooning over a skinny white boy's marvelous voice and other things... (that's muski's addition to the sentence of course). I was mostly concerned about my mom cuz she's been sick so long but this was her best day in forever...i know she's feeling better because she went to get her hair done...but know she's not quite up to snuff...because she didn't get the hair color. anyway, good times were had by all..hopefully those who didn't make it this week will come next... i'll try not to scare anyone when my favorite song is discussed next week.

muski here to say goodnight! we had a blast...couchie just invited herself to my place---Casa de muski---next week, so i guess I'll have to clean it... :glare:

not

what fun...thanks again...later, women!

You didn't clean it for me! :lol:

And because of that, I felt right at home! :D

Fun evening guys! Now back to trying to get my movie to burn!

ETA: I don't mean to be stupid, but play, Michael who????

Edited by Claygasm