Fingers crossed for a date near me!

Hello everyone.  It’s been 7 weeks and I can’t believe it.  When I sat with her (and my hubby) in the hospital people said that must be so hard. I tell them that’s the easy part. Living without them is the hardest thing in the world. 
Going to sell her Mini this week. I can’t let it just sit in the driveway. It’s not easy to look at it everyday. A neighbour said they’d like to buy it but I can’t imagine seeing it in the neighbourhood all the time. 
some of the girls (eHP) are coming over this weekend so that will cheer me up.  I finally have a guest room!

• Like 1

Going camping/biking again for 1 week.  Leaving on Sunday.  Weather looks better, a little cooler.  Training for our bike trip on Labor Day week.  5 days of riding an about 70+ miles per day.  Mid Michigan not to hilly but from West Branch up to the bridge the hills are present.  Some of them work to get up!. 

Merrieeee: Keeping you in my prayers.  I know you know we are here for you. 

:hi:

Found out earlier in the week that I've been exposed to COVID again.  AARGH.  So far no symptoms, and two negative tests within 36 hours.  The last exposure I had with this person was last Thursday, almost a week ago.  I'm hoping that by this Friday everything will be good, as I have two different boob squishes plus a bone density scan that day. 

10 minutes ago, merrieeee said:

My daughter was given a posthumous award this week. It was so hard to be there. 
https://www.gccisd.net/page/article/3744?fbclid=IwAR1OE-ybxRPog6NpxhS6iLijZIdCzVyGawsI9wR9HxQj70NmgSkRfYI9xmk

1) What a great tribute to her, and her memory.  2) She looked like you.  3) {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

It's nice to know more about her in this way.

She was indeed special!

I received a card from the Goose Creek Foundation this Friday telling me of a donation in Emily’s name. Although it had Amy’s name on it I now know quite a few of you contributed. I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart!  I have to be honest and tell you I burst into tears at your thoughtfulness.  It means so much that you care!  At times I feel so alone and this made me feel so much better.  I miss her so much and going to the store is just a nightmare with all the school supplies.  I have donated a lot of her clothes to charities and her stuffed animals to an abused children’s charity. She donated her corneas but due to the cancer they would not use anything else, so I donated all her eyeglasses to the Lions Eyeglass Charity. It makes me feel better to know someone is benefiting from this awful situation.  Again thank you. I will not ever forget your kindness!

• Like 1
13 hours ago, merrieeee said:

She was indeed special!

I received a card from the Goose Creek Foundation this Friday telling me of a donation in Emily’s name. Although it had Amy’s name on it I now know quite a few of you contributed. I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart!  I have to be honest and tell you I burst into tears at your thoughtfulness.  It means so much that you care!  At times I feel so alone and this made me feel so much better.  I miss her so much and going to the store is just a nightmare with all the school supplies.  I have donated a lot of her clothes to charities and her stuffed animals to an abused children’s charity. She donated her corneas but due to the cancer they would not use anything else, so I donated all her eyeglasses to the Lions Eyeglass Charity. It makes me feel better to know someone is benefiting from this awful situation.  Again thank you. I will not ever forget your kindness!

You are entirely welcome, merrieeee.  You are a special part of our board, and we know how much your daughter meant to you.  Please let us know if you need ANYTHING.

My concert is not to January.  A long way off.  I am going to the Gala(20thAnniversay) and will at least hear him there.

Tomorrow leaving to start our bike tour on Wednesday.  322 miles in 5 days.  Most days around 70 miles the shortest day is the last. Weather looks pretty good.  Most days in the 70's.  I am glad the heat is not my friend!

gbmifan, I hope you have a GREAT bike tour.  And the weather sounds perfect!

We had a heat wave last week, but it broke over the weekend, and this week is almost perfect weather.

My concert is in October.  I'm going to be patiently waiting...

6 hours ago, ldyjocelyn said:

Ruben and Clay posted an Instagram story promoting the 2023 dates of the tour.  The Allen TX date has been removed, but there's a new date for Anchorage, Alaska October 4!

post-10537-0-57829300-1693407380.jpg

does anyone have any info on name of venue in Anchorage ?? I'm in Seattle area then, and catching a quick puddle jumper flight there and back is very very tempting.