Fingers crossed for a date near me!

Um, wow.  Clay and Ruben were simply amazing.  To Love Somebody was the highlight for me.  He pours his heart and soul into it.  I’ll post more later after some sleep; I think I also got some good pictures too.

• Like 1

❤️ bedhead Clay!

I too am crazy about TLS - would love to see that live! 

Was any of the banter interesting or funny?  Are you excited about attending tomorrow night? Did Clay remember you at the soundcheck?

As you can see I really ‘need’ a recap! After your nap of course😆

6 hours ago, Mik4clay said:

❤️ bedhead Clay!

I too am crazy about TLS - would love to see that live! 

Was any of the banter interesting or funny?  Are you excited about attending tomorrow night? Did Clay remember you at the soundcheck?

As you can see I really ‘need’ a recap! After your nap of course😆

mik, let me see what I can remember...

From the M&G:  Story that started out a bit horribly and ended up being incredibly sweet. There was a girl who arrived who was originally meant to be at an earlier M&G only to have a semi run her off the road. Through a variety of bad events, she did finally make it to that concert, but only the last few songs. So, she came to this show. I think she was from Michigan, and she was one of the “young ones.” In other words, her 12 year old self was FREAKING out at meeting Clay yesterday. She was a tattoo artist, and she had Clay sign one of her legs so she could get it tattooed on her. I think she said she was going to do it herself! Anyway, she was so cute and it just shows the power of the Aiken. There were several “first timers” in the M&G, a group from Minnesota (including one guy), and a guy from Chicago who came to the M&G by himself. He had on a Clay shirt from the tour Clay did with Kelly! It was a fun afternoon.

As far as the concert goes, I think the funniest bit of banter is the beginning of the second act, when Clay starts singing "Hello" and Ruben isn't on stage.  He gets to the point with "just let me start by saying..." and the lyric is supposed to be "...I love you," but by that time Ruben is on the stage, staring Clay down.  So Clay sings "...where were you?"  And then it just goes off the rails, because, well, Clay loves a good bathroom joke.  Or two.  Or ten.  But then, Ruben starts teasing him back, mimicking Clay singing.  He ends the phrase with "...jokes on you."  Clay said, "that was good, I'm going to use it."

The other banter that makes it all worthwhile is the encore with "The Impossible Dream."  They both really, really, REALLY feel the love that has been given to them over the years, and the whole idea that the fans were what made it possible for them to be on the stage that night.  It really was sentimental and sweet, and the icing on the cake of finishing it with that song made it all incredibly moving.

Yes, Clay basically knew who I was at the soundcheck -- I would say there were 15 of us at the soundcheck, and I think he knew about half of us.  But he also realized that when I said I was from the Peoria area, he knew that they had a show coming up close by, in Bloomington.  What made that interesting was that one of the Minnesota people was from Bloomington, MN (land of the Mall of America), and then Clay mentioned that they were going to Bloomington, but not that one.  He thought, though, it was the INDIANA one and I had to slightly correct him.  LOL.

I am truly excited for tomorrow night!  It is a show not to be missed -- travel if you must, because it's worth Every. Freakin'. Penny.  Take out a second mortgage.  Take retirement fund money out.  Just do it, you'll be glad you did.

• Like 1

Oh yay! I am so happy you had a great time.. also ❤️❤️❤️ hearing about the youngsters who are coming back to enjoy the true talent! Let’s face it, nostalgia is in.. esp compared to what’s out there now in the music world imo.

I freaked for a second when I thought you said they’re coming to Bloomington (Mn) if they make a stop here, I’ll be there in that front row! I don’t know why they wouldn’t want them here for a show. I think the only shows that didn’t come here was the Jukebox and the summer of 07.

The Impossible Dream! they sing that song perfectly 😁🔥

Maybe thats what they sing on AI next week 🤷‍♀️??

• Like 1
9 hours ago, jmh123 said:

I didn't realize the finale was so soon, doh, but I googled, and saw this article and interview with Clay and Ruben in Variety:

https://variety.com/2023/music/news/ruben-studdard-clay-aiken-reunion-american-idol-season-21-finale-tour-1235610907/

I saw that article Friday night, and only got a chance to fully read it yesterday.  Great article.  I think Fred Bronson really likes them.  He’s been interviewing them since the beginning!

I am so far behind on pretty pictures and such,hopefully this week.  The semester is finally over at school, so I may have a bit more time.

From the rubenandclay Instagram story account.  Hopefully more dates soon!

IMG_1438.png

• Like 2

The show was amazing as expected. DH and I had fabulous seats, Dead center in the third row. But the first two rows were put seats and then there was an aisle, so we had plenty of leg room. Both Clay and Ruben were in fine voice tonight. "Bridge Over Troubled Water" blew me away. The banter tonight seemed much shorter, but it was still funny. At the beginning of the second act, Clay wasnt able to do his where were you joke because someone in the audience yelled out I love you Clay! (Just like old times, right? Haha). Clay shot back wrong team, honey! The other funny thing was at the endClay grabbed Rubens jacket for the finale. Ruben was like, I cant get this jacket on! And the Clay wondered if he had lost weight!

There was a professional photographer taking shots throughout the first half of the show. I would keep an eye out for them. Also, there were a couple of older, very enthusiastic Ruben fans there too. A couple, and they were slow dancing in the aisle at one point. It was cute. 

Almost home now. DH is driving. Excuse any typos

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 5/13/2023 at 4:54 PM, Mik4clay said:

Oh yay! I am so happy you had a great time.. also ❤️❤️❤️ hearing about the youngsters who are coming back to enjoy the true talent! Let’s face it, nostalgia is in.. esp compared to what’s out there now in the music world imo.

I freaked for a second when I thought you said they’re coming to Bloomington (Mn) if they make a stop here, I’ll be there in that front row! I don’t know why they wouldn’t want them here for a show. I think the only shows that didn’t come here was the Jukebox and the summer of 07.

The Impossible Dream! they sing that song perfectly 😁🔥

Maybe thats what they sing on AI next week 🤷‍♀️??

Mik4clay

Variety article mentioned they will ' perform one of the songs they are singing every night on stage ' so all my money is on TID. !!🤩🤩

Sitting on pins and needles waiting for new tour dates. Hope one or more of them works out for you.

Fingers crossed for drivable date(s) near Houston. 

Blew my budget on first leg on flights, but what the heck. Where there's a will, there's a way. (There's also the lottery-- joking of course😁)

• Like 1

Hi 
Been meaning to get back since I posted my Cary recap. 

Idyjocelyn I enjoyed reading your recap! Enjoying your videos on FB ! 

tomorrow the last concert of the spring leg  of this tour already! It’s been a lot  fun! I’m looking forward to their idol appearance! Hoping we hear more aboutNIP  fall 20th celebration soon! 

• Like 1

It's hard to believe that the concerts are almost over!  

Twilight, thank you.  And thanks for coming back over here!

I had today off, and I'm still in zombie land.  Tomorrow's workday is going to be...ugh.  Fortunately, the semester is over.

Finally catching up on photos.  Starting backwards, from Wausau, the last show.  Thanks for hosaa at CV for helping me sort through the pretties! Some from FB public photos, some from the Grand Theater's site, and some from deemer at CV, used with permission.  I will say that many people have granted permission to share pictures, which is FANTASTIC!

post-4010-0-60819200-1684427133.jpg

post-4010-0-65894800-1684427123.jpg

post-4010-0-78269800-1684427092.jpg

post-4010-0-92200900-1684427103.jpg

post-4010-0-37391300-1684427032.jpg

post-4010-0-72002100-1684427003.jpg

post-4010-0-94251000-1684427018.jpg

post-4010-0-02697500-1684426896.jpg

post-4010-0-76075600-1684426919.jpg

Trying to catch American Idol tonight but I’m sitting in a hospital room and they’ve just told us we’re going to be changing rooms!  Well you’ve probably figured out we've had a setback   I can’t remember what I’ve told you but my daughter ended up with blood clots which had to be removed and after that she had terrible pains in her back and yes she now has cancer in her spine! They are not sure if it’s e recurrence or something new!  She’s been undergoing tests all week and still nothing definitive. Oh she also got pneumonia!  All we can do is wait and see. At least they’re controlling the pain.  

• Sad 1
6 minutes ago, merrieeee said:

Trying to catch American Idol tonight but I’m sitting in a hospital room and they’ve just told us we’re going to be changing rooms!  Well you’ve probably figured out we've had a setback   I can’t remember what I’ve told you but my daughter ended up with blood clots which had to be removed and after that she had terrible pains in her back and yes she now has cancer in her spine! They are not sure if it’s e recurrence or something new!  She’s been undergoing tests all week and still nothing definitive. Oh she also got pneumonia!  All we can do is wait and see. At least they’re controlling the pain.  

merrieeee, I am so sorry to read this. Please know that we are thinking of you, and if you need anything, please let us know!