Fingers crossed for a date near me!

5 hours ago, ldyjocelyn said:

Someone on Facebook with a LOT of pictures and content, including from the M&G.

Picture set one

Picture set two

Picture set three includes M&G

I unable to access the video's.  I get this message when i click links.  Is it only me with this issue?

TThis content isn't available right now
When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted.
8 minutes ago, beanerknits said:

I unable to access the video's.  I get this message when i click links.  Is it only me with this issue?

TThis content isn't available right now
When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted.

She may have made them private to only her friends.  I wasn't getting that issue this morning, but am now.

Let me do some digging.

Try this page:  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=AbolishDeath&set=a.9864432906903752

I think she's consolidated her pictures into one album.  

If nothing else, here is her general page.  She's a social media influencer with over 6,000 followers!  https://www.facebook.com/AbolishDeath

From sweet Carolina girl at CV, used with permission:

After Charlotte.

This was my fourth and last show on this tour. Up close at Red Bank, Penn's Peak, and Parx. Sixth row in Charlotte.
Lots of familiar fans there, some I had seen on this tour and some I had not. Shout out to them all!

The man just keeps getting better and better. But you already know that! He's so powerful, yet so controlled. Magnificent. 

My usual travel companions (waves to jasr9203 and washgirl) were not able to go to Charlotte, and since I live only 2 hours away, I couldn't NOT go!! 
Therefore I rounded up some folks who had NEVER SEEN CLAY LIVE! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!
So here was this carful of women listening to me tell Clay stories all the way to Charlotte.

I am having a major allergy attack and can barely speak. I was very medicated, but I was determined we would go. If I didn't go, they couldn't go, so duty called. Focus, girl, focus.

I also want to tell you about my friend Jon. He was one of my students many moons ago, and then he worked as the highly respected and accomplished band director at our high school for 30 years, retiring last year. He has also been the director of my church choir for many years. For the last several musicals that I directed, he was the conductor of the orchestra. So he and I have worked together on a lot of projects for many years. We respect each other. YET, for some reason I always felt like Jon was just humoring me when I talked about Clay. I don't think he doubted Clay's talent, but I don't think he ever realized just how great that talent is. So I decided that it was time he found out. I told him that if he could get himself to Charlotte, I would buy him two tickets. So he agreed. His wife was busy at work, so he brought his very intelligent 32-year-old daughter who lives in Charlotte. 

The Knight Theater is beautiful. Modern. Classy. Comfortable. 

Two young women sat down next to me. I overheard one of them say that she was really surprised that the crowd was so large and that she didn't think there would be that many people there. I'm not sure what she meant by that. Hummm. Sometimes I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut and restraining myself from interjecting comments into other people's conversations, so I just jumped in. "This is the fourth show I've been to on this tour, and there are a lot of other people here who have been to a lot more. I'm surprised there are any empty seats at all." Turns out she had her phone out the entire time. I think she got the whole show. Ha. 

The show had barely started when I looked over and saw Jon and his daughter getting up and walking up the aisle. What? OK, so they don't like it already? That can't be it. Someone texted and was having a health problem? Not likely. They both looked ok. So why were they leaving? Twas a mystery, but whatever. I can't control anyone else. So I just sat back and soaked in the show. 

I noticed right away that the sound was very loud where I was sitting. Too loud. Some of the banter was a bit distorted and hard to hear. And the vocals were ear splitting. It seemed to get better as the show went on, or was that just me? My friend sitting next to me had to put tissue in her ears. She's 80 years old. I felt bad that I had forgotten to bring earplugs. 

Clay cracks me up. He loves to pick on people in the audience. He told some women that they might be enjoying whatever was in "that cup" too much. He supposedly imitated their motions, and it was very funny. I think they were sitting in the seats that I had previously had my eye on. 

I just can't wait for each time he sings "To Love Somebody." It's breathtaking, and he (as he would put it) sings his face off. Everything is good, but I look forward to that one so much. 

During intermission, I walked down to the front row to say hi to the fans I knew. We were chatting it up when suddenly Jon appeared telling me that he and his daughter had been sitting right next to a speaker so they had retreated to further back in the theater where the sound was better. So I asked some of the ladies in the front how the sound was, and they said it was good. It had been good during my other shows when I had been closer. So it has to be where people are sitting. Anyway, my friends didn't leave. They just found a place where the sound was better.

The "Hello" bit at the beginning of the second half is hysterical. Clay comes out and walks around the stage, supposedly looking for Ruben. The people last night noticed him and started screaming. He walked by a couple of times and made cute faces to the fans. He's having fun. The way the bit works is that he suddenly pulls up the mic and the spotlight comes on and he sings "hello, is it me you're looking for?" Yes, Clay, it is. Always and forever. Anyway, when he gets to the line where the song is supposed to say, "I love you," Ruben will walk up and they will look at each other and then Clay will sing,, "Where were you?" It's funny. Ruben was a bit later this time walking up. It looks like they've been working on the timing. He was just over Clay's left shoulder this time. They were almost nose to nose. They stared at each other. Someone in the audience screamed "I love you!" Clay had to pause a second more before singing "Where were you?" I don't know how they kept from cracking up. 

He has told that Neil Sedaka story at all the shows I attended. It's very good, and when you have a good story, keep using it. Ruben is doing more comedy. When he talked about how his mother loved the Manhattans and used to tell him every.single.day,, she would say things like, "Well, they're good, but they're not the Manhattans." So Clay said that his mother would say, "Well, he's good but he's not Neil Sedaka." He did mention that Faye was there, as was Allison Lawrence, who gave him the arrangement of "Bridge Over Troubled Water". 

They introduced the band members, and then Clay kept telling everyone to cheer some more for the band so he could catch his breath. He's clinging to the mic stand and saying, "Keep on cheering for the band. Cheer for them some more." It's all funny, but it rings true to me. How he keeps singing like that with so much energy is beyond me. The man has stamina! I don't know how he can sing the Manilow medley followed by "Unchained Melody" followed by "Bridge Over Troubled Water" with only short breaks in between. The fact that there are two singers plus Ashley and they can take turns is a good plan. I am just mesmerized by each of those songs. I don't video. I just soak it in. I am grateful to those who do.  

The last note of "The Impossible Dream" is still vibrating in my head. Such beautiful harmony. That one note is well worth the trip. So beautiful. Just makes your whole body vibrate. 

Two of my friends sat in the balcony, and the other sat with me in Row F. The friend with me recorded a lot on her phone and was upset when she ran out of power. She told me later that it was one of the best nights of her life. The other two loooooooovvvvvved it. They loved the banter; they loved the Motown medley; they loved it all. They immediately said, "We want to go again!" Ha ha. Resistance is futile!! We got in the elevator to go down to the parking deck. There were some people we didn't know on the elevator with us, and I said, "So does anyone want to go to Roanoke?" Everyone said YES!!!!

So we drove home in the late night, me telling one Clay story after another. I was completely exhausted when I got in and went to sleep with Clay's voice echoing in my head.

Jon texted me this morning and said that he and his daughter had a wonderful time but joked that they may have to visit the audiologist later. Funny thing is that he's about half deaf as it is; all those years of brass playing and marching band will do that to ya. But they loved it, too. Score another victory for Our Man Clay.

After being so fortunate to hear him sing live many times, I find that there is something special and different about this tour. Maybe it's because he hasn't been on the road in a long time. Maybe it's the powerful and textured songs that he's singing. Maybe it's the friendship with Ru. Maybe it's the Idol nostalgia. But I just want so much to tell him how great this show is. I want him to know how it touches people, how meaningful it is, how much love he spreads, how he lifts us up, and what a total delight he is. I want to tell him to his face. Are you reading this, Clay!

Wouldn't we all like to go to them all? I am so grateful for my usual travel companions and how much fun we have celebrating our guy. And I'm grateful for the chance to introduce that magnificent voice live to yet more people. I hope there's a Christmas tour because I have some more people with whom to share the experience. One woman I know can't get enough of the recording of "Mary, Did You Know," and she needs to hear it live. 

Let's make that impossible dream possible, because "I'll always love you forever."   :Iluvyou:

• Like 1

A behind-the-scenes video with an American Idol contestant who worked with Clay during Hollywood week this year.  This contestant never made it on air.  Start at about 39 minutes in, ends at about 48 minutes.  Talks VERY highly of Clay, how nice he was (and to his Mom!), and how helpful he was as a mentor.

Sorry I didnt get to post anything about our two concerts. Hopefully I won't  lose this. I'm sitting on a sofa with our dog up against my thigh. 

A week ago Saturday, Playbiller and myself left around 4 in the afternoon to get to the 7pm concert in Cary at the Koka Booth Amphitheater.  We got there about 6pm and sat in the third row right side. I was surprised at the number of young women and couples that were there. There were two opening acts before Clay and Ruben. One Jean Jolly had an amazing voice and I really enjoyed her segment. She brought her two young children on the stage just as they were setting up for Clay and Ruben.

Since I hadn't watched any videos I was unaware of what to expect. Needless to say I was amazed at the power of their voices, their camaraderie and dancing. He played to his son and sang Moon River to him. Lovely. When their female singer sang "Physical" and Clay and Ruben did their dance, Ruben asked Clay how his knee was doing, Clay said not so well. I don't know if this was part of the act or he really injured it.

Great show but went too fast for me. I'm greedy, I guess.

Although we paid for parking in the closest lot, there was a massive traffic jam. So glad I bought the newer used car as driving was so much safer and comfortable. We got home in time for me to help my husband get his leg treatment before going to sleep.

Next trip Charlotte.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, not going to St. Charles tonight!  I had church commitments, a handbell concert at a local nursing home.

But I'm going to Waukegan on Friday night, and Bloomington on Sunday.  M&G on Friday too!

• Like 1

IDYJ: Have fun tonight.  You are going to love it.  Wish I could of gone again.  Any other year but this one because my DH was in charge of a banquet tomorrow and I could not leave him to do it all.  (He got the caterer I am doing most of the rest).  Party for 100 people is alot to plan but tomorrow night it will be done and my DH is termed limited in his volunteer job so we will not have to do it again. Bring on more concerts, I am ready!!

gb, sorry I will miss you this evening!  I have to remember to find beanerknits tonight.  

Leaving the house in about 10 minutes.  Pray for safe travels for me and my friend Julie, who is registered here but I can't remember her screen name now!

• Like 1