Fingers crossed for a date near me!

On 2/17/2023 at 7:29 AM, ldyjocelyn said:

After 2 years and 11 months, I’ve caught COVID.  I’m waiting for my Paxlovid script to go through.  In the meantime, I didn’t sleep well at all last night.

But I hope everyone else has a great day.

So sorry to hear that. I had just started to get a bit lax with my mask wearing until I read this. Not any more!! Please let us know how you are feeling. COVID can still be a bear.

Jmh, the first two days were the worst for me, but that was it took forever for my Paxlovid prescription to go through.  My original pharmacy didn’t have it in stock, thought they would get it in a day, and then just didn’t.  So I had to transfer the prescription to a different pharmacy, and I finally got it late Friday night!

Anyway, I never had a fever, and I haven’t lost taste or smell.  My main symptoms have been head congestion, runny nose and a terrible sore throat.  My first day was achy and tired, but with rest that went away.  The Paxlovid really helped with the congestion.  I still wake up in the middle of the night with a terrible sore throat though.  

Unfortunately, I think it’s getting to the point that unless we become total hermits, it’s going to get us at some point.  As long as we’ve got our arsenal ready (as many vaccines as you can get, a plan in place to get Paxlovid, etc.), I think we’ll all survive.  I know everyone is different, though, and you need to do YOU.

• Like 2

With being sick, I haven’t been able to keep up here.  That interviewer from Kokomo has been releasing bits and pieces of the interview with Clay and Ruben on Instagram. They are public, so everyone should be able to see them.  I think this is all of them.

BTW, Idol restarts again tonight.

9 minutes ago, jojobugs said:

Soundcheck and meet and greet package

https://rubenandclayvip.com/

THANK YOU!  Not sure I can afford it, especially since I already have tickets for two shows.  I'll have to think about this.

ETA: I'm reading the COVID policy now on the pictures.  I've seen this done before; I'm a Weird Al Yankovic fan, and that's how he did his M&G pictures on his current tour (which started last year).  People were really creative, even though there was no close interaction.

• Like 1

This has probably already been posted, but this just showed up in my google news feed:

https://abc11.com/clay-aiken-ruben-studdard-twenty-tour-american-idol-alums-kay-yow-cancer-fund-cary-nc/12782911/

Ignore the video - it's about something else.

WTVD may be boosting it because of the upcoming interview, so I will too.

While I'm here, I'll mention that I'm on the mailing list for Koko Booth, and seems like every email they send has the promo ad for Ruben and Clay!

• Like 1

have not listened to radio for years !!!, so I checked out entire WPTF Morning Show live via my PC 5-9am EST couple days ago.

The show host posted more specific time... 8a.m. (EST). Happy to learn its after my usually wake-up time.

image.thumb.jpeg.2f947e973c1eba156add88a2536c4afe.jpeg