#1 - Ready for your constant state of celebration

OMG....that is Classic snark Bottlecap Bwah and ROTFL for that...

as we decorated the house for my girls' halloween party, I kept thinking how it was just a little different from decorating for Christmas...

AH...lots of moaning and groaning on Wednesday night for sure.

ETA: Oh well since this is all over the boards by now...here is the new link to the BAF site...

It is clearly still under construction...

new BAF site.

A short blurb and a video on The Insider website.  EEEEEEEEEEEE!  My porch light's going off promptly at 7:30pm tonight - sorry, kids, the Aiken on TV is more important than handing out candy!

Yup you've got your priorities straight!!!!

I'm sad, can't watch the clip...stupid windows player crashes my browsers everytime...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

The Washington Post audio for the UNICEF chat is up here.

eta: The Insider Clack has plunged me into a deep, dark pit of utter and complete despair and desolation.

There was absolutely no mention or glimpse of penguins, dancing or otherwise.

I am bereft.

I am off to drown my tears by bingeing on leftover Halloween candy, probably followed by an emergency trip to the dentist, as my jaws may become completely stuck together by Starburst Fruit Chews. An ingnominious end to a day that started with such promise.....

Edited by bottlecap

A very interesting album comment from an interview with The Oregonian:

Have you almost completed your next album?

Not quite. We're in an interesting quandary. A number of songs have been recorded. It's a matter of what we should keep. There are a couple of different ways we can go. I've recorded some traditional Top 40, minus the hip-hop, some adult contemporary and some covers. If it's going to be a theme, do I want it to be favorite love songs? The good thing is that the songs are recorded. The only way I'll record more is if our theme is Mongolian polka. Then I'll have to record some new songs.

One thing is clear though...CLique merchandise has a poor way of communicating...definitely is not working well with this fandom...

Yes, this makes me very sad. They just don't seem to have good sense of this fandom. While I don't think they should try to please everyone, and I don't think their management is going to be the end of Clay's career -- it seems like they strike before they think (if that makes any sense). Having said that...I'll probably take my machete and hack my way to the merchandise tables to see what is there. *g*

And, yes, this is the fourth version of the book I have purchased:  The hardcover and CD from Amazon, the hardcover from Target because the Amazon order didn't come promptly and I had to have it right away, and now the $84.00 leatherbound version.  I won't even pretend I'm hesitating about buying at least one paperback copy when that comes out in November.  All those copies, and I've only read and listened to the darn thing once.

I've just ordered copies number 4 and 5 of LTS. I purchased a copy of the Christian bookstore version, plus two regular copies (one which will NEVER be used, gotta save a pristine copy). I couldn't justify a leather bound autographed copy, although it was tempting. Now I've just ordered two copies of the paperback version -- again, one to be kept hidden away as a collectible. Yes, I'm weird.

If you have the patience, there's no reason the Wolfman can't be taught to bark along with the classic all-dog rendition of "Jingle Bells".

This reminded me of the SNL skits with the Mummy and Frankenstein singing holiday classics. Anyone remember those? I LOVED those skits.

{{{{{Penguin-less bottlecap}}}}}

And bottlecap goes off to think of how to integrate penguins into a Mongolian polka theme.....

Yeah, that would work for me too.

Ahh, you guys, let me have one more day of gratuitous references to flightless waterfowl, and then I will send them away on their long march.

[Geez, I hope the JNT05 will give me a new source of schtick. I'm kind of running on empty here....]

Covers on the new CD: Thoughts? Personally, I love music I am familiar with, and would be happy to see Clay do a cover or two on the new CD, though not as a first or second single. I think one of the reasons I enjoyed watching RockStar INXS this summer so much was because of my familiarity with and affection for many of the songs they used. It gives me a good hook to get into a performance. Yeah, I know I'm a little weird that way.... and I'm resistant to new things sometimes. :rolleyes:

Bottlecap Lovin' your posts...sorry about the penguins.

Now, I LOVED LOVED LOVED the interview this morning in the Oregonian. So he has completed his recording. Good, he's further along than I thought. And I look forward to his CD sometime this century.

My first batch of pins are going to the post office today. They should all be in the mail by Thursday.

Bets on how long it takes someone to come up with a Mongolian polka pin?

I double-dog-dare ya to go to one of the pin threads, and make that suggestion with a straight face. And I wouldn't want to bet against someone taking you up on that idea, either.

;)

So, have you got a photo in your stash somewhere that would illustrate such a theme? Something from one of the WDC performances, perhaps?

Hee! The Broads believe in the dancing penguins, too.

Edited by bottlecap

Bets on how long it takes someone to come up with a Mongolian polka pin?

I double-dog-dare ya to go to one of the pin threads, and make that suggestion with a straight face. And I wouldn't want to bet against someone taking you up on that idea, either.

;)

So, have you got a photo in your stash somewhere that would illustrate such a theme? Something from one of the WDC performances, perhaps?

Hee! The Broads believe in the dancing penguins, too.

A penguin dancing to Mongolian Polka? That's doable for sure....yup as soon as I saw the Broads recent work I immediately thought of Bottlecap...awww they have joined in the campaign to get penguins in the chorus line...they can wear a hats just like Nolan and John I'm sure!

Yeah... pretty happy. Hee. Like bottlecap would feel if Clay did one song in the show wearing a penguin costume.

Of course, now Jerome has no motivation to bust me. Unless I bring in a tripod..... this has potential...

bottlecap -- Bwah! to so many of your posts. Sorry about the penguins.

If you have the patience, there's no reason the Wolfman can't be taught to bark along with the classic all-dog rendition of "Jingle Bells".

This reminded me of the SNL skits with the Mummy and Frankenstein singing holiday classics. Anyone remember those? I LOVED those skits.

Were these the Frankenstein, Tonto, and Tarzan skits? I loved those too. Phil Hartman as Frankenstein was so classic.

Edited by bonniemeadow

CLACK PANTS HAIR PENGUINS CLACK PANTS HAIR PENGUINS CLACK PANTS HAIR PENGUINS CLACK PANTS HAIR PENGUINS CLACK PANTS HAIR PENGUINS CLACK PANTS HAIR PENGUINS CLACK PANTS HAIR PENGUINS

Hee - don't mind me, just limbering up for the day's postapalooza. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go get a backup for my E key - I suspect it's in for some heavy use in the next two months.

I guess I'm the only one spinning around in my chair with excitement here, so I'll just keep editting. :P

A general thanks for acknowledging my silly posts - I am soooo not such a nutjob in my real life - I blame that on the Aiken. Also, this may be a good time to say thanks to Ms. Tomato and Ansa for this site - I am having a blast here, and with the whole pin thing. Can't wait to check in on the concert summaries late tonight or early tomorrow.

buzztechie, I keep running across your pictures from JNT04 on other sites. What concerts are you and your pal Skatejoy going to this year, and how soon can we expect the Clack from you guys?

Anybody on this thread going to the West Coast concerts besides Couch Tomato? I'm looking at our late night posters, LuvTugs and bonniemeadow. I need highly detailed recaps, and I need them soon! EEEE!

Edited by bottlecap

Brief article about the JNT05 in Rolling Stone, including this comment:

When the tour concludes, Aiken will get back to work on his new studio album, the proper follow-up to his post-Idol rush job, 2003's Measure of a Man, which went multiplatinum. For the past five months, he's been working in Los Angeles with Jaymes Foster-Levy, sister of acclaimed producer David Foster (Celine Dion, Whitney Houston), taking his time sifting through song submissions with hopes of releasing the collection during the first half of next year.

"I'm not much of a writer," he admits. "I can pull off a few lines in a song -- and I know there are a lot of people out there nowadays who say they've written a song and that means they've written a line or so. I may go in and change a line or two myself, but I don't think it's fair to take credit. But, this time, I do want to make sure that what I sing represents something that I know something about, and something I feel."

"I'm not much of a writer," he admits. "I can pull off a few lines in a song -- and I know there are a lot of people out there nowadays who say they've written a song and that means they've written a line or so. I may go in and change a line or two myself, but I don't think it's fair to take credit. But, this time, I do want to make sure that what I sing represents something that I know something about, and something I feel."

Ever since the Prime Time interview with Diane when Clay mentioned he changed one line in "Measure of a Man" I was sure that this was the reason he did not have writing credit on the song.

I love a man with integrity. He sure has it in spades.

I am getting so excited for this show tonight. I can't wait to see what Clay has in store for us this time. Every tour seems to be bigger & better than the last one. He seems so excited that I'm sure this one will hold true as well so I will just get a jump on my EEEEEEEEEEEEing now.

CLACK PANTS HAIR PENGUINS  CLACK PANTS HAIR PENGUINS  CLACK PANTS HAIR PENGUINS  CLACK PANTS HAIR PENGUINS  CLACK PANTS HAIR PENGUINS CLACK PANTS HAIR PENGUINS  CLACK PANTS HAIR PENGUINS 

Hmmm...I really think there is nothing left to say. *g*

I love a man with integrity.  He sure has it in spades.

Yes, me too. Me too. Can we share him? Please?

I too am excited for the JNT 2005. My hope is that Clay's hard word pays off once again. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

America's ''Good Neighbor'' Teams up with Recording Artist Clay Aiken's Bubel/Aiken Foundation to Promote Inclusive Education

Bloomington, IL – Recording star Clay Aiken and State Farm Insurance® are making beautiful music by working in concert to help children of all levels of ability be more included in the educational system. State Farm has granted $1.5 million dollars to Clay’s foundation, The Bubel/Aiken Foundation to help develop a primary education curriculum focused on teaching social and life skills through service to children of all levels of ability. The State Farm-Bubel/Aiken team hopes that by teaching the language of diverse abilities, communities will be supported in viewing children with disabilities as contributors and active members of society.

YAY for the BAF!

Anybody on this thread going to the West Coast concerts besides Couch Tomato?  I'm looking at our late night posters, LuvTugs and bonniemeadow.  I need highly detailed recaps, and I need them soon!   EEEE!

I will be going to the Oakland concert next week. Since the show is taking place relatively soon, I'm actually going to do try to avoid watching any clack until then. I'll be amazed if I can pull that off. I'll probably cave by Saturday.

I'll also be attending the pre-concert party, so hopefully I will get to meet Couch Tomato there.

Anyway, I'm one of those fans that tends to end up in a Clay-induced fog after experiencing the Aiken live, so I'm not sure how good of a recapper I would be. I'm always really impressed by the extraordinary detail and vivid imagery that characterize so many fans' concert recaps. I can't guarantee that a recap of mine would contain any content other than "Gah," lol.

Edited by bonniemeadow

SNIFF, SNIFF.... I love the smell of Clack in the morning. It smells like......

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I managed to wake up and catch the first half of the cellcert last night. I also skipped the snooze alarm, so I could check in on the early Clack before I had to get ready for work. It is so cool to have videos already accessible on All Things Clay Aiken, and to get a glimpse of some pictures. What I've seen of the setting looks lovely!

Off to hunt Clack, and oh, yeah, maybe do some actual work here in the office today.

I don't drink coffee, so I hope the Coke machine is well stocked!

eta: I will not whine about the lack of penguins. I will not whine about the lack of penguins. I will not whine about the lack of penguins....... ;)

Edited by bottlecap

I AM CRYING HERE...watching CMH of Scarlett...his voice is sublime...I wish we can see the whole stage but his expressions are so HOOOOOTTTTT....

so dramatic and his acting not only with his voice but his all voice...

I will be totally useless as I watch Clack all day!!!!

NOw I understand..the actual conclusion of the story was in the first half...when her son and daughter in law came and they all went to the church play....

THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL...I will put this video and Deborah's mp3 of the whole show in FCA through the day. I will put notices here so watch out for it...THAT IS if I can get out of my clack induced stupor....

what a wonderful performer!!!!!!

A brief summary of Clay's interview with K103 in Portland by AprilJoy at CV:

eta: Link is here for the interview on the station's website - scroll down.

K103 Interview

Fell in love with Christmas show

last years run

He kept thinking about what he could of done

By then end of last show he had a whole new show already in mind.

I love the way he says Pajamas.

He says it is somewhat of a christmas type pageant.

He totally stifled a yawn. It is early.

Definitely a religious aspect to it.

Not a nativity.

No part for a donkey

He laughs so cute.

Stifled another yawn here.

He says he is starting Christmas late this year, compared to last year.

He says if this show does not put you in the mood you aren't getting in the mood ever.

The stage is decked out.

Clay decked his halls.

Clay says idol is not on now.

He says he watches it when he gets a chance.

Blah, blah about Paula and Simon

What's on his iPod?

Demos and Christmas music.

His favorite food: Italian (good choice!)

Old Spaghetti Factory is the recommendation

Now playing Invisible.

They said: Nice kid.

Edited by bottlecap

Aiken Celebrates Holidays, Preps New Album

Aiken admits that while he's been encouraged to do a little songwriting on his own, he's conflicted with the entire process.

"I feel differently about it than I think most people do," Aiken says. "Honestly, a lot of artists that you see -- I'm going to get people mad at me but I've been doing that a lot lately so I might as well keep on -- who have written songs on their album, the truth is they probably just went in changed a word here or there. And if they are big enough artists, they get credit for writing the song. I'm not going to do that. If you see my name on it, I've had at least some type of real role in writing it."

He adds, "And that said, I'm not as good at writing songs as Alicia Keys or those people who are just really great at doing that. So, why not take advantage of what they do and really just get really great songs from people who can write for me?"

Why do I so dearly love the fact that he knows he's making people mad when he says certain things?

As for last night's show....I just couldn't stay up for the cellcert, and have only watched a few bits of clack. Having said that...this looks like a worthy production, and I'm so incredibly proud of him. Vocally, he sounds outstanding. Love the suit too. I cannot wait to see this show, and am now seriously thinking about attending a few more.

Here Clay...here's my credit card number. Just take it. I don't need to pay off debt.