#1 - Ready for your constant state of celebration

Wow Bottlecap...writing to the Great Pumpkin sure worked. Maybe thats why the JNT is starting close to Halloween, Clay is tight with the GP.

BWAH....thanks for keeping th snark alive.

YAY for the press release...wow a lot of interesting things to ponder....

Clay wrote vignettes....EEEEEEEEEE he is stretching the old creativity muscle. I think Clay really loves putting together these shows. He has the heart of a producer.

and new song list, with songs that he didn;t include in the CD...very intriguing...Hope we get....Baby Its cold outside....with Angela...oh yeah and PANTS...

and I think its safe to conclude that he is continuing to record and finish his CD by the end of the year....Hope that means we get the CD at early spring.

So excited about the JNT...BUT, first show is vancouver....that will be a tough one to follow live but I WILL BE THERE....I ahven;t missed an opening yet. So we will once again have cellstream reports on the JNT thread...hope to see you guys there.

bottlecap - a great big BWAH to you....you crack me up!

I'm getting really excited about the JNT2 and I'm not even going, but I will be here at FCA to read all the cellcert info. Clay writing vignettes!!! This is going to be so good....can't wait to start downloading.

One last thing....Dear Great Pumpkin.....I'm adding my request to please give us Clay in black pants...you know like the ones he wore when he said he was afraid they would split when he tried to get back up on stage.....oh, yeah, those pants.

Humm, Vancouver concert reports, starting at 12:30am for me, with work the next day.... I think I'll have to miss out on that live, and catch up on the reports the next day.

I highly enjoyed the rush of the JBT opener this year, what with trying to keep up with the reports on three boards and all the constant refreshing. I especially enjoyed opening the Clackhouse the next morning, and getting the wind knocked out of me by snowdrop's gorgeous and unexpected picture of Clay on top of the piano. However, I wonder if the JNT05 will be harder to capture live than the JBT was. I'm not on the cellstream, so I don't know how much commentary normally gets done in the course of the concert. In the case of the Christmas concert, I would think descriptions of the sets and costumes would be pretty important, and those might not be possible until the intermission or after the show. On the other hand, the gist of the vignettes should be apparent fairly quickly. I guess I have a couple of weeks to waver back and forth about my decision. Either way, EEEEEEE! for the possibility of fresh Clack!

I hear you bottlecap...

Its is hard to tell how the cellstream report will go since the usual procedure for the CH cellstreamers is to keep quiet during the show and only give reports during intermission and after the show. That is why during the FCA cellstream report we end up getting details from CV and CB since they seem to have cellcerters that give details through out the show, so it will be a combination of giving you reports on the song list, and whatever we can figure out from the vignettes conversations and reports from CB, CV and CH. We also will probably be giving our personal reactions to what we hear as it happens... I guess that will be the fun part. SO anybody can join in and give their reactions to what they are hearing or reading about the concert...

I am getting so excited just talking about it. I know it will be so late but I don;t think I will be able to sleep anyway... Is it Nov. 2 yet?

Congrats to the ebird family! Sadie is such a pretty name.

I’ve wanted to post this but just have not really had time to write till now.

I was in LA visiting my mom & 2 sisters from 10-1 through 10-15. I was supposed to go on a cruise in Alaska with all three of them in early August but I had health issues that kept me from going. I have not been terribly close to my family during the past 20 years. No seious falling out or anything they just all live in CA & I lived in FL. (DH & I also adopted 2nd sister’s 2 kids when she decided she didn’t want to be a mom but that was years ago & everyone has grown up since then.)

They all know about my hobby and I’m sure they talked about it but none of them ever said anything truly negative. My oldest sister, turns out, thought Clay sang only country & Christian music. Second sister watched AI2 but liked Ruben better. I gave all three of them MCWL. My mom liked it & (shamefully) burned copies of it for her friends that she volunteers with. Second sister really likes MDYK. Oldest sister never said anything about it. Chances are good that she didn’t even open it.

I was at my mom’s during all the ticket presales so it was going to be hard to hide trying to buy tickets. I decided to just go for it & not try to hide the level of my obsee …er hobby. I brought several DVD’s of the JBT that I had made. I was playing the dvd’s for my mom when my oldest sister arrived. Clay was doing the intro to UM as she was coming in the door. When he started singing she dropped dead in her tracks & stared at the TV. She said “Is that Clay?”

I said, “Yep.” She stood there with her mouth hanging open until Clay finished the song. It turns out that UM is her & her husband’s song. As we were chatting I just left the show playing. She stopped talking (which is a miracle in itself) several times. I happened to have the AC 9-1 show playing so I had to explain some of the practical jokes. Both mom & sister found them very amusing so I just had to play a few other clips that show Clay’s sense of humor. This sister said at least a dozen times that Clay had really filled out. She kept asking to watch UM again & again. She said he really should record all of the covers. I told her that I had good audio that I could burn for her but it wouldn’t fit on 1 cd. I asked her to choose the songs she wanted. She asked if I could put it all of it on 2 cds. So she went home (2 hour drive) listening to Clay. She said she wasn’t going to tell her family who it was until after they listened to it.

My mom really loved Clay’s sense of humor so I started telling her about how I got hooked and played the JJ interviews from AI2. She loved them so much that when the second sister came over she wanted me to play those clips. This sister is a huge Elvis fan so I had to play the Elvis clips for her as well. She was quite surprised. The next day we went to a day spa that was several hours away so I played my JBT cd on the drive home. She had to stop talking during SM & then she made me play the 80’s medley several times. It was pretty amusing watching both sisters’ faces when they realized Clay was singing WDC.

When the ticket presales happened my mom was very impressed with the ‘covert’ operations. It was of course 3 hours early for me so I was on a conference call at 6:45 with buzztechie & Shelley, trying to get NYC tickets. I also had seating charts for 4 different venues spread out. So while NYC was not coming up for sale I was buying tickets for several other shows. We gave up on the call when the word came that NYC would be on presale the next day. I finished buying for my other shows & I was occasionally checking the NYC presale through the day. Several hours later I clicked that one last time & NYC tickets popped up. At that point I was trying to buy tickets & make a call to buzzie (as I had her number in my phone.) I called her several times. She was in a meeting but she figured out what was going on & fortunately for us we got some great seats.

Well I didn’t realize my mom was following all that was happening but she was. She is 78 and very computer savvy. She was fascinated with the whole fandom. I don’t think she will become an internet fan but she did say she’d like to go to a concert with me. She can’t make it to a JNT show but I will definitely plan a trip when the next tour starts. It was fun sharing my hobby with my mom & watching both sisters shock watching the JBT.

I am really getting excited for the tour. My dh is going on a business trip on 10/30 so I know I'll be up for the first show. At least William Joseph won't be opening that night so it won't start later than 9:30.

OMG thank you for sharing such a great feel good story. I really do think lots of peole will be surprised by Clay;s reintroduction when the CD comes out.

I am very excited by this JNT...I guess you all figured that out already... :D

Well, Tsathy has been extremely quiet as of late. Perhaps it's time for a new contender in the fight for world domination to step up to the plate. Resistance is futile!!!! FLIGHTLESS WATERFOWL OF THE WORLD UNITE!!!!!! HERRING WILL BE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!! MMMMWWWWAAAAHHH HHHHAAA HHHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

FLIGHTLESS WATERFOWL OF THE WORLD UNITE!!!!!! HERRING WILL BE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!  MMMMWWWWAAAAHHH HHHHAAA HHHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Cute and cuddly boys, cute and cuddly!

:D(ok, we sooo need a penguin emoticon now!)

SkateJoy, why were there people dressed like penguins at this event? Was it a Linux thing?

Pedro would be so proud to know what he has created in Clay fandom.

SkateJoy, why were there people dressed like penguins at this event?  Was it a Linux thing? 

Not sure (could be a Linux thing). All I know is that my boss told me to "see and be seen" and I didn't think pictures with people dressed up as penguins counted.

bottlecap I loved your chat with the GP. I am fond of the Pants of Perfection, but if the GP could get Clay to clutch his shirt while singing a Christmas song, I could die a happy woman.

I was tha-rilled to see the press release the other day. At least it's something. I expect the machine to be building up steam soon, and word of Clay's JNT II flying to all corners of the planet. (wonders if the GP is lending a helping han..um..stem).

I'm sick as a dog right now (with a cold that was passed on from someone who shall remain namesless, but really should learn to cover their mouth when they cough! *cough DH cough*)

That's pretty much all the coherent thoughts I can muster. Except..I love Clay Aiken with a fiery passion of a thousand penguins. (those penguins are a lusty bunch I tell ya!)

If I understand you correctly, LuvTugs, you have a mysterious cough and you have been experiencing some penguin lovin'? Umm, did you consider maybe you have that "bird flu" the media is all in a twist about? Holy Crap, it's all part of the Penguins' plan for world domination!!

[bottlecap backs cautiously away from LuvTugs, spraying Lysol as she goes. Time to run the anti-virus program. :blink: ]

Ooooh, caught up! I swear, preparing for vacation is SUCH hard work...I'll really need a few days to recover. Anyway, I guess on Clay's Wikipedia (or however you spell it) page only two Clay sites will be listed, Clay Nation News and Finding Clay Aiken. So we thought we'd try to spruce up the place a bit. Actually it's something I've been wanting to do for a long time but it's too time consuming to do alone. So a few people from the CH have volunteered to help me work on the links area of FCA and I thought I'd see if anyone here was interested. If so, let me know. It will just involve some Clay net surfing and helping us compile info on the hundreds of Clay sites out there. PM me if you're interested.

ETA: the FCA logo pins arrived today and they are really really cute - especially the silver ones. Unfortunately no GN pin yet. Thank god I'm having them delivered to my workplace because I wont' be around when they arrive presumably next week. So, the mailing out of the FCA pins will begin when I return on the 31st.

Those socks really crack me up. I showed them to my dh & he said they looked like the Wicked Witch's from The Wizard of Oz. :lol:

New BAF auction

Watch that auction, as more items are being added.

OK, the Kimmel hat is seriously cracking me up.  I :::heart::: Jimmy.

I :::heart::: Jimmy, too.

Ms. Marmalade from the Clack House posted the Paul Smith UK sock link. They cost 13 British pounds, or about $23.00. Dude, do you know how many pairs of nice black socks you could get at Wal-Mart for that kind of dough?

Wonder how long it will take the Clay Nation to burn through all the bandwidth on that poor girl's website. It took the site a long time to load when I first clicked on the link this afternoon. I have never been so anxious to see a sock picture in my life. I'd be worried, but I suspect I'm not the only one....

I listened to MCWL the other night, but I don't think I'm quite ready yet to make the transition from Hawt Rockin' JBT Clay to JNT05 Crooning Clay. Do you think Clay would have any objection to adding some edgier punk elements to JNT05?

Based on the poster picture from last year, we already know that Clay seems to consider a mohawk to be appropriately festive. Clay could combine that hairstyle with the black leather jacket from the JBT and make his big entrance on a Harley, accompanied by his his penguin posse and some hoochy elf chicks.

The stage setting could be a bustling street scene, with a line of beautifully decorated shops. Clay, posing as a street performer, could distract the shoppers with his rendition of "Don't Save It All for Christmas Day", while the penguins slip in amongst the crowd and steal their wallets. The "Father Christmas" (by the Kinks) vignette would be all about the elves robbing the street corner Santa of his bell and kettle. West Side Story showed us that you can portray gang violence with music and choreography. I'm visualizing the penguins and the elves mixing it up to "Winter Wonderland", while Jerome is out in the audience committing acts of violence on the blatant camera flashers. I'm betting it could be made very dramatic, with lots of red and white lighting effects simulating blood on the snow.

WDC could be modified slightly to be "When Penguins Cry". Clay and Angela already make it look like a mating dance. The next step would be for Angela to actually present Clay with an egg for him to incubate on top of his flippers.

The first act could close with a punk electronica mash-up "Whatcha Doin' New Year's Eve, 'Cause I'll Be Watchin' Ya in Yer Room". Clay flashes his Mr. Grinch tattoo and stage-dives into the Orchestra / mosh pit.

No? Well, it was just a thought.

Edited by bottlecap

Just caught up a little on the last few pages. I see you have been enjoying yourselves.

I have a question that probably predates this site - I have some old clips from Clay-media.com thqat said they should not be shared, etc. etc. etc. Nayway, I don't see them anyhwere else, so I wanted to contact the owners to see if I could post them for others sincetheir site does not exist anymore. Does anyone have an idea who owned that site and how I could contact them?

Since I see you were going over MOAM memories - I remember thinking the first time I heard it through that they did a David Cassidy on Clay. Well, not exactly the same - it seems that David Cassidy was shocked to hear his first album because they actually altered his voice to sing in a higher range to appeal to younger people, I think they just had Clay sing in a hgiher range to appeal to teenies. He seemed to sing many of the songs in lower ranges on tour.

I'll be back. Us Easterners have to go to bed sometime.

Edited by playbiller