#1 - Ready for your constant state of celebration

Couchie, baby, I've been here all along, perched on the corner of my couch, across the country from you. Mind-blowing, isn't it? I've been trying to figure out how I would have been spending my time if I didn't have this little hobby [cough*all-consuming-obsession*cough] to occupy me. I can't even image that. Maybe I would be caught up on the sixty page TWoP thread on the lastest episode of Lost, instead of clicking around on the Clay sites! :P

I am enjoying the Country Music Clack, but at the same time, it gives me a knot in the pit of my stomach, because I keep thinking:  What if that was as far as Clay's musical career had gone?

What if, instead of selling his multi-million dollar LA house and building another one, he had to worry about Fay losing her home because they couldn't make the mortgage payments?

What if, instead of having the opportunity to lobby Congress for funds for special education and UNICEF, he was having to beg the local school board for funds for his classroom?

What if, instead of vacationing with a ton of friends in a beautiful house in the outer banks, he had to struggle to scrape together the funds to spend a week-end at the beach?

What if, in twenty years time, he was one of the middle-aged guys in the jeans and cowboy boots, doing the occasional week-end gig, still wondering how things might have turned out if he had taken a different path?

I'm sure Clay would still have a fulfilling life, but like Couch Tomato and Ansa note above me, the ride sure would be a lot less interesting!

Yeah, I think about that kind of stuff, and then I whisper a sincere "Thank you, Jesus".  Provident direction, indeed!

can we have another AMEN!!!

so thank you to AI and to Diane....

Awhoo Hooo! The Official Fan Club hits 10,000 members today - that's a lot of of $$$ to fill the pockets of our boyfriend's lovely jeans! Also, I can't wait to see the outcome of the Clothes Off Our Backs auction tonight. Do we expect to see any last minute bidding, or are the prices as high as they're going to go?

Good luck to those of you doing the Ticketmaster tango for the pre-sales tomorrow!

GOOD LUCK ON PRESALES....

I will ask for assistance here...I know some of you have been really great at bringing news items on CLay to this board...we truly appreciate it. Could I ask that you also put a copy of it to our clay news thread...its looking lonely in there...*g*

So here is an article explaining Clay's Insider stint...he is interested in talk TV ...EEEEEEEE!!!!! love me some more CLay on TV!!!!! and it seems he is making a difference in rating too...COOL!!!!!

New Name in TV Talk: Clay

Clay Aiken has done three stints as a celebrity interviewer on 'The Insider.' *

By DANNY HOOLEY AND JOYCE CLARK HICKS, Staff Writers

Singer Clay Aiken seems to be training for a new career lately -- as a TV interviewer.

In the style of Sugar Ray's Mark McGrath, now a co-host for "Extra," Aiken is a semiregular celebrity correspondent for "The Insider."

Since Aiken's Sept. 18 debut as red-carpet interviewer for the Emmy edition of Pat O'Brien's syndicated celebrity show, he has appeared on the show twice more, covering the "Dancing With the Stars" dance-off and visiting the set of "Reba."

Clay Smith, supervising producer of "The Insider" for Paramount Pictures, says that, so far, Aiken is hired on a story-by-story basis, and that nothing is planned for him in the near future. That may change, though.

Smith says Paramount and Aiken's camp may meet this week to discuss extending the relationship.

"I think that Clay aspires to many things beyond his recording career, and I think he's just investigating possibilities right now," he says. "He is such a natural, and so good at what he's done here at the show. Viewer reaction has been amazing."

That reaction, he says, has come in e-mail, letters, phone calls and ratings, which he says are up four-tenths of a percent from when the show premiered in September 2004.

"When you're up almost half a point in this competitive market, I think you have to attribute a lot of that increase to Clay's appearance on the show," Smith says.

Aiken's stint with "The Insider" was sparked by a friendship between Smith and Roger Widynowski, Aiken's publicist at RCA Records. Smith says that one day, when Aiken's name came up in conversation, Widynowski mentioned that if any openings for a celebrity correspondent occurred, Aiken was game to do it, "whatever that may lead into."

As the Emmys approached, Smith thought of Aiken.

"He [Aiken] was ecstatic, because he is apparently a television junkie. He knows every single thing about TV," Smith says. "He loves it. The Emmys are his favorite awards show, and he just knew the nominees forward and backwards."

"The Insider" airs weeknights at 7:30 on WRAL.

Aiken fans can get an up-close and personal look at the singer when he plays the RBC Center in Raleigh on Dec. 22.

GOOD LUCK ON PRESALES....
So, after 20 minutes waiting for the NYC pre-sale to show up on TM, we find out it was postponed till tomorrow. Brilliant! Trying to buy tickets at work is like a covert operation.

Anyone out there want to help Shelley, Skate, DJ2001 and I search for NYC tix tomorrow? PM me. I think we will need all the help we can get.

Bottlecap, I love your "what if" post below. We are indeed lucky that he not only took Diane's advice and tried out for AI, but when he was rejected in Charlotte, went onto Atlanta to try again. I am greatful to have been along on this crazy ride from the beginning cause I have had the time of my life.

ATTENTION:

We are getting reports that NYC presale is going on right now...better check it out!!!!!

Calling Shelley...Buzzie...Alana...and other New York attendees!!!!!!!

eta: apparently the sale ended abruptly...no real explanation. People just figured they stopped all the pre-sales because of the miscommunication rather than a sell out. Apparently the result of this surprise presale is that for people who found out in time they were able to get great seats. But since it was only open for a short time....lots of fans missed out.

Hopefully the pre-sale tomorrow still goes.

Goodluck to those who didn;t get tickets. For CH members...several chers bought extra tickets to put into mbits pool.

ETA:

THE SALE IS BACK UP!!!!!

We were very lucky today in the NYC presale. There will be great seats available on the boards once they all get confirmed. I just hope that TM doesn't fix their error by negating the sales. As I understand it they won't do that but I still worry a bit. I'm currently visiting family in LA so the covert operation this morning had me on the boards before 7am. I was able to get tickets to several other shows before the NYC excitement so it worked out great for me.

I thought my heart would skip a beat when the NYC presale popped up. I was just refreshing one last time and I bout jumped out of my skin. I was amused at the first word confirmation I got for the NYC show. It was antacid. Hmmmm.... How did they know? ;)

Hope everyone at least got in the door at their venues at today's presales. It certainly sounds like there was plenty of frustration to go around. Hugs to Y'all!

So, I know we hate Conan with the hate of a thousand burning suns, but U2 is on for the whole hour tonight, and I luurrve Bono, the Edge (coolest nickname ever), Adam, and Larry. Can I tape it if I do some sort of penance to make up for my disloyalty? I swear I'll fast forward past the Conan parts (plus I'll swear at Conan's parts.)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE bottlecap loves the Edge too. Thanks for the reminder to set the TiVo. Thanks to buzztechie and diamondjake for getting me tickets while I calmly sat through long boring meetings today.

Hope everyone at least got in the door at their venues at today's presales.  It certainly sounds like there was plenty of frustration to go around.  Hugs to Y'all!

So, I know we hate Conan with the hate of a thousand burning suns, but U2 is on for the whole hour tonight, and I luurrve Bono, the Edge (coolest nickname ever), Adam, and Larry.  Can I tape it if I do some sort of penance to make up for my disloyalty?  I swear I'll fast forward past the Conan parts (plus I'll swear at Conan's parts.)

And you will have to give him a raspberry or two...and do not laugh at any jokes...unless one of the U2 guys say it or its at Conan's expense....

What else? Anything? ...do we need her to write "Conan is a big asshole" 500 times? :D

Actually, Skatejoy, I have always had a bit of a thing for drummers, so Larry is my U2 crush.  :P
Back away from the Larry! He is sooo mine! I have had a Larry crush since the mid-80s. I have a thing for drummer as well. :P

Thanks to DJ's warning phone call, ShelleyC, Skate, DJ and I were able to get some great tickets for two of the NYC shows. Awesome!

It's all about the forearms, buzztechie. ;)

eta: So the Clique online store is putting the JBT stuff on sale and offering a signed tour pass with a $100.00 purchase for a select few? Too little, too late, dudes! Although maybe this indicates that Clique may have finally gotten a tiny clue that the Clay Nation is royally pissed about the quality of the merchandise for the prices and the crappy service. Think anything will improve for the JNT 2005 stuff?

Edited by bottlecap

It's all about the forearms, buzztechie;)

eta:  So the Clique online store is putting the JBT stuff on sale and offering a signed tour pass with a $100.00 purchase for a select few?  Too little, too late, dudes!  Although maybe this indicates that Clique may have finally gotten a tiny clue that the Clay Nation is royally pissed about the quality of the merchandise for the prices and the crappy service.  Think anything will improve for the JNT 2005 stuff?

I do hope so. But I wonder if the carrot was just too good for some people and they ended up with great response anyway. I didn;t buy anything except the program for JBT but if I had the money to throw away on Clay right now...I would've gone for that deal. It will be interesting to see if Clay fans would be more sensible about this special offer.

I bought all my merchandise at the venue but I do think they are just trying to dump merchandise. Since my bucket hat was confiscated by my mom I'm looking forward to buying that at a discount. And I never bought a t-shirt frankly because I couldn't decide which ugly shirt I liked best. So I won't spend 100 but hopefully they'll offer great discounts on the stuff I do want.

I agree, this is just a way to get rid of the excess JBT merchandise. I did the same thing couch tomato, I bought all my stuff at the shows. I will probably buy the baseball shirt. I wanted it but I just didn't want to pay $45 for it. $25 is definitely a good price for that shirt. I won't be spending $100 though.

So I guess I better make note of those of you who like drummers, and keep you away from my hubby. He is an amazing drummer. When we lived in FL he was part of a great oldies band. Since moving to PA he has not been playing and he really misses it. Yup, it's all about the forearms. :::swoon:::

Thanks everyone for keeping me up to date on the OFC goings on. I didn't know about the JBT items on sale. Since I didn't get to go to any concerts I had already ordered the tour book and keychain from the website. I might go check out what else they have, but I'm sure I won't be spending $100... spending too much already on pins.

Even though I'm a member of the OFC I never go to the site unless I read that Clay has blogged or there's new pictures up. I like it much better here on FCA.....such a nice place....nice people....and some really hilarious "what will they come up with next" people. (Hi bottlecap !!!)

Edited by txflwrgrl

High fives to txflwrgrl. [Hey, how is that red leather outfit coming along for JNT 05?] About the online store sale: I should clarify that the e-mail said the sale would start Monday at 5:00 PDT, and it doesn't look like everything will be marked down. It wasn't clear from the e-mail if the signed pass with the $100.00 purchase offer would start then, or right away. I don't know if that's been addressed somewhere or not. Either way, I image there will be a number of pissed off purchasers. I should know better, but I am considering the ball cap, and maybe a t-shirt to make the $12.00 fee for shipping worthwhile. I am trying to resist, since Clique did such a crappy job with the other stuff, but I am afraid resistance is futile. [As illustrated by the length of my PayPal pin purchase history.] Maybe we all need to start chanting "Calender, Calender, Calender"!

Yeah, the OFC doesn't do much for me either, except for the blogs. The message boards either make my IQ drop a couple of dozen points, or my blood pressure rise, so I only check them out if I'm looking for specific information.

So diamondjake2001 thinks I might be some sort of husband stealing, drummer-groupie hoochy? Well, I never!!! dj, I am sticking my tongue out at you :P. [And I am surreptiously winking at Mr. dj ;) ].

eta: And I am BWAHing like mad at LuvTugs!!!! Although, I almost didn't make it past this line:

Clay: (Bends down and rifles thru a pile of socks and boxer shorts)

I also got stuck at this point:

Clay pets Raleigh and Dudley on the head, then shuffles off to his shower leaving a trail of fugly clothes, socks and boxers on the carpet behind him.
Edited by bottlecap

I'm very tempted to buy the baseball shirt, but I'm a lil skeered on account of all the horror stories I've read about people not getting their merchandise for months on end and some not receiving it at all. I didn't get the baseball jersey at my one and only NAT concert and I've been sulking ever since. (They only had xxl..and that's waaay too big for lil ol me!)

Now..let's talk fugly. The new LK pics prove Clay will wear anything. I laughed. Yes..I laughed. The man amuses me to no end and that's one of the reasons I love him with all my heart. Someone (John?) is pulling the wool over Clay's eyes. Kinda like the Emperor's New Clothes, where the king was told his invisible duds looked smashing.

(be kind.. this is my first skit) *g*

Clay: (looking into his bigger than a normal house closet) Ah wonder what I should wear to Larry King's fancy shmancy shindig?

(pulls cellphone out of his pocket and rings John's house)

John: Uh..hello?

Clay: Hey, wats goin on?

John: Uh..nothin

Clay:Good. Ah want you to come over and help me pick out an outfit for this thing ah gotta go to tonite.

John: I don't know Clay. Your giving me really short notice. I don't think I can get a babysitter for Dudley. (makes kissy faces at his dog)

Clay: Babysitter? Maybe you could call Mary. Oh..wait a sec.. ah just membered ah already asked her to babysit for Raleigh and she couldn't. Hey..ah know! Bring Dudley over here. Raleigh's been achin for sum company! Heh...I said achin.

(giggles)

John: (sighing) You are such a dork. I'll be over in a few minutes.

Clay and John are standing in the middle of the men's store..I mean Clay's closet, while Clay points out various outfits to John.

Clay: Ah really like this one John. If ah say so myself, ah looked quite dapper in it at the AMA's when ah won my award from the best fans ever!

John: You can't wear that.

Clay: Why not?

John: It's too formal, and remember all that talk on the messageboards about the stripes on stripes? You don't wanna go there again.

Clay: Holy shi...(looks down to see Raleigh and Dudley gazing up at him)

Clay:Ah mean shoot! (makes a kissy face at Raleigh) Ah shore do remember that. Some of mah fans loved it, but others were downright mean with their comments. But ah forgive em, cause their my fans and ah love em!

John: Yeah..whatever. So what about this outfit. I bought this for you to wear on tv or something and you never wore it.

Clay: Leather? You want me to wear that to a fancy shmancy get together? Peta will skin me alive!

John: It's just a jacket Clay. And it's faux leather. You can wear a nice shirt and tie underneath, and those black pants you seem to be so very fond of.

Clay: (daydreaming and letting out a sigh) Ah love those black pants, and mah fans seem to like em alot too. Ah would have bought more than one pair, but their just so ding dang expensive!

John: (Gives Clay a weird look) Are you crazy? Have you checked your bank statement lately?

Clay: Ah know..ah know. But mama always told me, people are important, not things. And ah always listen to my mama.

John: Yeah I know. Boy.. do I know. So let's see...faux leather jacket is out. What about the cream colored suit you wore on Leno?

Clay: Ah can't wear that.

John: Why not?

Clay: It's October..duh. Everybody knows you don't wear cream or white after Labor Day.

John: Actually, that rule isn't followed too much anymore, but if you don't wanna wear it..

Clay: Ah don't.

John: Fine. We'll find something else. What's this in the back here? (Retrieves a wrinkled rolled up shirt with purple flowers that might or might not be pansies)

John: I don't remember buying this shirt. Did we get this on one of our shopping trips?

Clay: Yeah. Ah put it on the counter when you wern't lookin. And ah wore it on Leno when ah signed the motorcycle.

John: Oh. And sorry..I missed the Leno gig. Is there anything else you bought that I don't know about?

Clay: No.. (coughs) Um...yeah..ah bought a tie.

John: Where is it?

Clay: (Bends down and rifles thru a pile of socks and boxer shorts)

Clay: Here it is.

John: (trying not to laugh) Uh..this is an interesting tie.

Clay: Isn't it? Ah love the green shamrock lookin things against the dark backround. Really makes em stand out!

(grabs tie from John and holds it up to the shirt that has purple flowers that might or might not be pansies)

Clay: Ah think it goes perfect with this shirt! (grins from ear to ear)

John: I don't think...(John smiles wryly) I mean...I think you just found your outfit! Great job Clay! You go take a shower and I'll press the shirt and tie, lay out your coat and pants and you'll be all set for tonite.

Clay: Wow! Ah wasn't sure how you'd feel about the tie with the shirt.

John: It's perfect Clay. Just perfect. Your gonna look great wearing them. Very high fashion. You can always count on Paul Smith when it comes to the latest trends.

Clay: (Smiling big) That's what ah thought too. Ah guess me hanging round you is starting to rub off huh? HA! HA!

John: Yeah. Whatever. You better get a move on, the party starts in less than two hours.

Clay pets Raleigh and Dudley on the head, then shuffles off to his shower leaving a trail of fugly clothes, socks and boxers on the carpet behind him.

John looks at the bundle of flowers encased in what resembles a shirt and tie combination. Checks to make sure Clay is out of sight, then lets out a belly laugh.

John: (speaking to Raleigh and Dudley) Wipe those smiles off your faces! He can't know.. he musn't know!

Edited by LuvTugs

BWAH LuvTugs!!! Love your skit....Clay really has a wonderful collection of clothes. He is at least never boring. I love that his "look" changes all the time, even his hairstyle. But, please Clay, do something else with your hair. I'm not too fond of the current style....but he's still cute....oh my, yes he's very cute.

Thanks txflwrgrl. *muah*

I definately agree that Clay is anything but boring. Being a Clay Aiken fan is so much fun, I wish everyone could experience it.

Speaking of fun...As usual I was lurking at The Clackhouse, and there were some very interesting conversations going on. Such as the one whether or not his cd will be coming out sooner rather than later and visa versa. I found it very enjoyable to read all the speculation and found myself nodding my head in agreement for the most part.

Had to go and do other things and checked back in later tonite. What I found had my mouth hanging open! Holy.. hip thrusts.. Batman!

I downloaded all the slo-mo's of the WT clack that was posted over there. And just a few minutes ago I grabbed MrsLoki's lightened version. Can't. Stop. Watching. The hip to crotch shot is killing me! *whimpers*

I think what makes this so hawt (besides the obvious) is the looks that are exchanged between the two of them. There's a sexual tension that is so evident (to me anyways), that the heat just from their exchanged looks, almost melts my computer screen.

I'm going back in..I may need an intervention here. Lordy that man is hot!

Hee, LuvTugs, between your skit and Mrs. SloMoki (page 6 of the current CH thread, by the way), I went to bed last night with a big smirk on my face. Everyone in the Clay Nation may be 12 years old, and I think that includes Clay and Company, too. Makes me want to put my hair in pony-tails, so he has the opportunity to pull them, so to speak. :P

Bwah LuvTugs....thanks for bringing the funny...

The thing about Clay and clothes and his hair...I think he has been using these as a way to get attention since he was in school. Yes when he was younger he had no choice with the clothes Faye bought for him but as he got older he was known for wearing wacky clothes that that is one of the things his principal remembered him by.

I do believe he does rely on John to find the trendy clothes for him...but then he probably gets a kick out of choosing the combinatiob he knows will get people talking.

Nope never boring for sure....