#1 - Ready for your constant state of celebration

cool Bottlecap! I will be seeing Clay shortly in the Beacon Theater on December 2nd! I'm so excited. This will be my 5th Clay concert. I was just wondering if anyone here is attending the Beacon Theatre concert?!

Waves to Jen - I think the photographer duo extraordinaire buzztechie and Skatejoy are going to be at some of the NYC shows. Maybe one or the other wil pop in here and answer your question for sure.

So, I was doing some Paul Smith sock research during the cellcert last night. I happened across this page of Paul Smith hats. Cough Snort Choke. Words fail me.

Ldyjocelyn, I enjoyed your recap and have downloaded some of your Chicago videos – thanks for the different perspective.  I know it’s probably not the case, but I picture you in some sort of Renaissance garb with a pointy princess hat, and for some reason, lrdjocelyn looks like the Burger King, only without the creepy plastic head.

Gosh, you must have met us somewhere, sometime...because that's EXACTLY how my husband and I looked at the show! :D

Hey, the JNT concerts are finally in my time zone!  Awwwooo Hoooo!

Me too! I finally actually got to hear an entire cellcert this evening! My first!

I'm extremely jealous of those who still have a chance to see this show. I want to see it again. *pouts*

I am such a dork.

We have access to some of the most amazing photographic images from this tour. Sparkling green eyes, sculpted cheekbones, a charming crooked grin, impossibly broad shoulders, spiky hair collecting drifting snowflakes, and expressive hands that I believe really could cause sighing angels to descend from heaven. We have the glowing white suit, and while we are denied the longed-for view of the black pants of perfection, we do get the long black jacket of Gah.

And what images am I desperately searching for, pining after, and longing to find from each concert? Pictures of each pair of whimsically striped socks. I think I need an intervention.

:unsure:

I kinda dig the tome of this interview from the Pittsburgh Tribune, although Clay is kind of cagey about directly answering some of her questions. This made me snort a little:

Q: What the weirdest thing you've read about yourself?

A: Honestly, it's the stuff on the fan message boards, where they think they know what's going on and have all these theories about what I'm doing. They'll say, "He's not working on his new album yet because he's doing a country record in Mongolia."

And who exactly was it that brought up Mongolian polkas in the first place, Mr. Aiken?

Edited by bottlecap

I know this is completely OT, but, i was just wondering if anyone signed up for a meet and greet? if so, did you win? I signed up for the meet and greet for Dec. 2nd. I never got an email or phone call notifying me I won. So, I probably didn't... just wondering if anyone else here won, or signed up...??

Edited by Jen

Jen, from what I can see at the other boards, e-mails to the meet & greet winners have gone out this afternoon (Monday the 28th) for the venues through Washington D.C.  Good luck!

OMG!!!! thanks so much for telling me!!! *hugs BOTTLECAP*!!! i've been worrying so much... i love you , thanks so much.

Awww Jen hope you got one...but don;t despait the way Clay lvoes to tour...I'm sure there will be more M&G in our future.

Hee Bottlecap...love that interview too. I think this is his way of saying that there are a lot of speculations on the progress of the CD that he finds a bit out there.

OK...wish me luck...I am going to Florida for a one week trip for a family reunion of sorts...first time to travel with my 5 years old Caitlin and my two elder girls without their DAD. we have a long trip tomorrow...we leave the house at 8 am and get there at 11 pm...lots of driving and flying and mostly waiting. This will be Caitlin's first time in the plane...I hope she enjoys it!

This means I won;t be around to do any updates on the FCA website, specially the pin gallery. If there are any vital updates on the pins please contact Couchie...but she will only be able to make updates on dates and status...not add any pins. I will be back by next Tuesday. If you ahve any pins to add just email me...I will still be able to answer those.

I will have access to the FCA forum...I will be on board from Wednesday night. I will try to keep up with Clay and the fandom but not very much. This time will be for my girls and my Mom...who is coming in from the Philippines to see us.

Have fun to those going to their concerts...

Safe travels and hugs to Ansa and family - I hope you have a great time!

Clay's video is on The Insider website here - Great hair, rehearsal footage, Raleigh, and a glimpse of teaching Gregory. EEEEEEEEE!

Following the success of last year's tour in support of his festive album Merry Christmas With Love, CLAY AIKEN is once again spreading holiday cheer with his "Joyful Noise 2005" stage show.

"We've had a fun time with this," says Clay during a break from rehearsing at the Chicago Theater in Illinois, the latest stop on the cute crooner's 36-city jaunt. "And it's been an interesting trip for us. We're learning how to move around on stage as the stages get smaller in certain cities and we have to adapt. So, it's been a learning experience, but it's more and more fun as the group and the cast get closer together."

Part concert, part play, the 40-show tour is being performed at community theaters throughout the country and actually utilizes the talents of local thespians.

"It's kind of an opportunity for people to support their own theater," says the former "American Idol" finalist, "and we're able to give a little money to the community theaters to help them with their programs, and it really gives each show a local flavor."

But Clay isn't just singing for his supper. He's also utilizing his teaching background to tutor GREGORY ELLIS, one of the young boys in the production.

"He's doing great," says Clay, who taught in his native North Carolina before becoming a pop sensation, about his young pupil. "It's a difficult transition to go from being in school every single day, all day long, to have a really thrown-off routine, but he's done really well."

The tour, which kicked off November 2nd in Vancouver and runs through December 30th, will have its last show before Christmas in Clay's hometown of Raleigh and will culminate with two shows in Clearwater, FL.

So, with the holiday less than a month away, does Clay have any big plans yet? "The tradition for our family has always been to get together on Christmas Day," says Clay. "It's very simple, but it's one of the few times during the year when the whole family comes together."

And as far as any New Year's resolutions are concerned, Clay points out that while "resolutions are nice, people give them up by the second week of January. So, if you find something that you need to change, don't wait until New Year's Day to change it. If on October 3 you realize you need to eat better, on October 4th start eating better," adding with a laugh, "then give it up on October 7."

Edited by bottlecap

ansamcw, good luck with your trip, and have fun the best you can.

Love, love, love the Pittsburgh interview. I'm sure it's got to be a bit disconcerting to have people speculating on every.piece.of.his.life, so I really loved his take on reading the boards. Hee.

Insider clip: OK, my first thought was "I hope Raleigh doesn't pee on that white outfit of his." :D My second thought was "Boy sure does love his stripes." My third thought was "Wow, he's so articulate." And my fourth thought was "GUH! I LOVE HIM!! SQUEEEEEEE!"

Yep, that's pretty much me in a nutshell when it comes to Clay Aiken.

jen...our time will come for a M&G. Just mark my words. At least I sure hope so...I want to meet him...wah.

Hee. I'm evil, and after watching The Insider clip a couple of times, I have Van Halen's "Hot for Teacher" running through my head.

ldyjocelyn, can't you have your courtiers contact his courtiers and arrange a meeting? :P

Totally OT (What else is new, you ask?), but hysterical anyway. USA Today has a timeline of important penguin media appearances here. I may have to pick up the "March of the Penguins" DVD while I am getting the "Learning to Sing" paperback.

Edited by bottlecap

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAY!

I have confidence that the Reading audience will show you a ton of love tonight. I will be raising my own special Birthday Candle / Flashlight in your honor this evening, unless the timing conflicts with "Lost", 'cause you know, Jin and Sayid need a little attention, too. :P

Happy Birthday Clay!

Jin and Sayid? What about Sawyer! I mean is there anyone on Lost any hawter than Sawyer....I don't think so. Of course, Clay is definitely the hawtest, so I'll be taping Lost so I can follow the cellcert. He is going to be so touched by the birthday wishes from his fans. You know he must expect something is going to happen. Heck....he probably has read all about it on the boards. Really looking forward to seeing videos of tonight concert. It's gonna be good!

Edited by txflwrgrl

Not to derail the main thread here...

Jin and Sayid?  What about Sawyer!  I mean is there anyone on Lost any hawter than Sawyer....I don't think so.

SAWYER?!?!? EWWWWWW! Can't stand him. He's an idiot. Him and Ana-Lucia would be perfect together...and then the monster can kill both of them.

Give me Sayid ANY day. :D

I'm sorry I will be missing all the action this evening...this is a bad week for me. I'm involved with the local production of a Madrigal dinner -- dress rehearsal this evening, then 3 consecutive performances. (BTW, bottlecap...I'll post a picture of lrdjocelyn and myself next week to see us in our garb. :D )

Happy birthday Clay! Thank you for bringing so many of us together, and also...thank you for just being you.

Happy Birthday, Clay darling!!! Enjoy your day, sweetie!!! 27.... wow!!

*HUGS TO CLAY* I don't have the heart to give him birthday punches...

Since we're such a small group here...does it matter if I post 5 times on the same page? *g* Hee...I'm on a new page anyway...hee...

Anyway, for members of the fan club...there's a new audio greeting when you log on. It starts with Clay singing HYAMLC. *swoon*

I love him bunches and bunches.

Edited by ldyjocelyn

Clay is on The Insider today, Wednesday the 30th.

From snowdrop at the Clack House:

Clay on Insider now! No warning!

OK, that was basically what they showed online yesterday, but there was more. They played music of him singing, I think just from the album. They plugged the album (showed it) and after the piece was over, Lara said "I can't wait to see the show when it's right here, in NY on Friday." I thought it was a nice piece to promo the tour & album.

They show clips of him backstage with fans, I assume those are the stub-hub winners? They show fans arriving in the theater, so maybe someone here will spot themselves in the clip. Show a few clips from the show. At the end, he says if you enjoyed this to come see the show.

Yah, another clip for my October / November DVD!

eta: Just watched the clip. Skatejoy, Jerome is very visible in a couple of the bits, so EEEEE! for you. Raleigh is too cute. I'm undecided about the blonde dancer chick. <_<

Also, the Monday December 5th appearance on CBS' The Early Show is now on the main page of the OFC.

Since we're such a small group here...does it matter if I post 5 times on the same page? *g* Hee...I'm on a new page anyway...hee...

ldyjocelyn, if frequent post-hoing was a problem here, I would be covered with trout-shaped bruises, and would smell like a fishing boat. [Well, maybe I do, but you can't tell from where you're sitting. Yah for the anonymity of the internet!] :P

Edited by bottlecap

How about a concert chat thread? I am  not much to follow chat, goes too fast, but I could follow a quick moving thread.

I like this idea. I hate chat. And pulling cellcert reports from CB is a real chore. It's not fun. (sorry Ansa) I really love their reports -- they always make it so exciting like I'm there. And that was fine when I didn't have the stream. I'd rather listen and chat about the show and Clay or whatever. Shall we try it tomorrow evening?

Skatejoy
Big hug to you. I understand where you are coming from. Long ago I had to learn to separate Clay from his fans or I'd go freakin' nuts. I haven't watched the clack yet. Not sure I want to because Good News is SO very special to me. I have always loved the way Clay sings it and commented that Scarlett's El Cajon Good News was my favorite clack ever. She captured that beautiful performance from my eye view. She sat 2 rows in front of me in El Cajon. And I was SHOCKED in Oakland to see that he does it even better this year. I didn't think that was possible. I hope there is no crack down and that you get to bring back to us the most beautiful pictures of Clay. And if there is to be a pat down this year, I'll hope that Jerome gets the gig!!

Bottlecap: heee thanks for the laughs!

Couch Tomato, saw your good news over at the CH - yah for you!

playbiller, that's an idea - Couchie and Ansa may be open to letting us include more commentary in the concert thread. I tend to have frustrating buffering issues with the cellstream I have access to: it always cuts out at the exactly the wrong moments. "The attendance is"....buffering, buffering, buffering. "Please, celebrate.."...buffering, buffering, buffering. "OMG, his socks.."..buffering, buffering, buffering. Return from buffering to big laughs.. It drives me up a wall.

Good-bye to Mr. Bulls-eye sweater calender guy, and hello to What have you get in the pocket of that jacket? Mr. December. Guess I'll have to "Savor the Flavor" while it lasts through the end of 2005. I can't believe there is no 2006 calender.

I guess 7:30am is too early to expect a Reading concert recap from diamondjake2001, huh? [ETA: Just caught up on the flash commentary elsewhare - yikes!]

Lots of NYC Clack to look forward to in the next five days. EEEEEEE! for the NYC concert goers! Have a swell time, and keep us updated on all the details, Jen. Looking forward to Skatejoy's and buzztechie's photos! [subliminal messages-Takelotsofsockpictures and bottlecapneedsamugandhaspaypal - end subliminal messages]

Lost - I'll make one comment here: based on the opening scene, Sun is a very lucky woman. Holy Moley!

Edited by bottlecap

*sniff sniff* what's that smell? Is it...bottlecap? *g*

Congrats couchie! That's so great for you! More money to funnel directly into Clay's account!

Good-bye to Mr. Bulls-eye sweater calender guy, and hello to What have you get in the pocket of that jacket? Mr. December.  Guess I'll have to "Savor the Flavor" while it lasts through the end of 2005.  I can't believe there is no 2006 calender.

I like the glint in Clay's eye for the December picture. And that jacket looks so soft and pettable.

Have you made your Shutterfly calendar yet? I did mine early, because they were having a 2-for-1 sale. Means I don't have any current JNT2005 pictures in it...but that's OK.

Lost -  I'll make one comment here:  based on the opening scene, Sun is a very lucky woman.  Holy Moley!

Um...yeah. Loved Hurley's reaction too. Hee.

I too cannot wait to read diamondjake's concert review. In the mean time, I'm just going to cry for a while...it really saddens me that people can be so stupid and selfish ("only one flash won't hurt him"). Well, do the math idiots...if 999 other people think the same thing, that's 1000 flashes, making a strobe light effect. Besides, I'm not a photographer, but even I understand the basics enough to know that the flash.won't.help.

I hope that everyone this weekend is able to enjoy themselves, and gather clack. I'll be praying for buzzie and skatejoy...selfishly of course, because I want to see their pictures!

Edited by ldyjocelyn

Yeah, prayers would be appreciated. A baseball bat at last night's concert would have been appreciated too.

Let me explain.

Last year I was just starting a new job and recovering financially from being unemployed. I scraped together money and attended two concerts - Providence and Wallingford. I was really excited to get to see the JNT and Clay again. I knew the flash rules, but they didn't really matter because I don't use the flash for concert photography.

Then, the night before Providence there was a huge flash fiasco. Sewell, NJ I believe. Clay put his foot down - no more cameras allowed AT ALL. The next night in Providence the announcements were made to the crowd. When we got up to the door they were doing thorough searches AND PAT DOWNS. (for those who think this was a Christmas present for me, Jerome was not going the pat downs) The whole night security was at high alert and the first sign of a camera brought a huge response. I kept my camera in my purse and was miserable all night. Disappointed that all these beautiful moments would be lost forever.

After that show things seemed to ease up a bit and people were getting some pictures again. Coming into Wallingford I was optimistic that I might be able to get some pictures if I was careful.

Then MSG happened. Little to no security and a complete flash fiasco. What happens? Another big crack down in Wallingford, of course. Again I managed to get my camera in (just barely). During the last few songs I got very brave and pulled out the camera to get a few shots. However, none really turned out because I didn't have the steadiest hands. Can't imagine why, since I was being hunted down like a criminal.

JNT was a very nice concert, but I wouldn't have gone to more than one if I knew that the experience would be so spoiled by some stupid and selfish people.

So, here I am the day before my first concert. Everything up to yesterday went fine. I have my camera all ready to pack. Then Reading happened.

Last night I was talking to friends about the weekend and I was so excited about the concert. This morning I just feel sick.

Several months ago I said to some friends that while I didn't think anything Clay did or said would keep me from being a fan. However, I had a sneaky suspicion that Clay's "fans" would eventually drive me away. Today I'm heavily reminded of that comment.

So, will there be beautiful pictures from tomorrow night? I have no idea. If there's not, I suggest you hunt down the Reading Flashers and go Clay Aiken fan on their asses. I'm fed up with caring.

Ah, Skatejoy, huge hugs to you. I understand that taking photographs is a big part of the concert experience for you, and I pray that things work out.

I do take a small measure of comfort in a couple of small things - and this is just my opinion only, and as always YMMV. I am not trying to downplay anyone's anxiety at all, and don't mean to make these comments sound like that. Every time there has been an issue with the crowds at the buses, there is angst on the boards that Clay will never greet the bus groups again. That hasn't happened yet. Also, from reading posts at the other boards, it is possible, with the co-operation of venue security, to have a fairly flash-free concert. I hope that, between the pressure from fellow concert-goers on the flashers and the vigilance of venue security, flash-free Clack-gathering will continue to be allowed. Team Clay seems to have sincerely bought into the idea of the importance of Clack to the fandom. I hope and pray that Reading will only be a bump in the road of JNT05. Again, YMMV.

Hugs all around.

I do take a small measure of comfort in a couple of small things - and this is just my opinion only, and as always YMMV.  I am not trying to downplay anyone's anxiety at all, and don't mean to make these comments sound like that.  Every time there has been an issue with the crowds at the buses, there is angst on the boards that Clay will never greet the bus groups again.  That hasn't happened yet.  Also, from reading posts at the other boards, it is possible, with the co-operation of venue security, to have a fairly flash-free concert.  I hope that, between the pressure from fellow concert-goers on the flashers and the vigilance of venue security, flash-free Clack-gathering will continue to be allowed.  Team Clay seems to have sincerely bought into the idea of the importance of Clack to the fandom.  I hope and pray that Reading will only be a bump in the road of JNT05.  Again, YMMV.

Very good point. I think Clay really, really wants to give those who know how to use their cameras the right to be able to take pictures. He seems to be pretty tuned into the fact that clack can sell tickets to shows. My guess is that the security people at the Beacon this weekend, and the security people at shows from now on, will receive a MAJOR message from Team Clay that flash photography will not be allowed, and that the security will have free reign to beat those people to a pulp. I think they will also strongly word the message so that non-flash people will be allowed.

{{{{{{{{{SkateJoy}}}}}}}}}}} That really does suck with the timing of all your JNT stuff. Good luck...and please remember to have fun!