#1 - Ready for your constant state of celebration

:D Mornin everybody from the deep COLD (for us) south.

Have been MIA all week. Had jury duty on Monday (Blah) and worked late last night (double Blah). I could be doing so many other things (like reading up on OMC, for example). :)

Bottlecap Thank you so much for the two articles on Clay. Wish I could actually hear that conversation between the reporter in Florida and Clay. It bet it was a hoot, and believe me when two southerners get together it is like a game to see who can out talk who, so I understand where they were coming from. The link to the pictures were also greatly appreciated. **Wonder why he was wearing the hoodie???** Although it did look so delectively delightful and warm and stugly (my mind tends to wonder at the sight of Clay and........) Ya'll fill in the blanks, I am sure that ya'll are very capable of doing that (LOL).

Thank you so much for allowing me to gush on and on. Maybe I will go visit Santa after all and tell it what I want for Christmas the most (wonder if I will get it, never can tell, LOL). (hand slap) MUST STOP THAT LUSTING, MUST STOP THAT LUSTING. Will I ever learn, I doubt it.

Have a good day and stay warm everybody.

newland21 of the Clack House had a Stub Hub M&G for Washington DC and wrote the following about the hoodie:

Clay was wearing the hoodie because the local dry cleaner ruined his shirt, which had been sent there because he'd gotten a stain on it.

I wouldn't expect to see it again - he thought it looked awful.

Personally - I thought it was cute!

I too thought it looked very warm and snuggly, but it looks like it was a one-time thing. And just what kind of stain got on the white shirt that was so bad it couldn't be removed? Lipstick, perhaps? :P [Probably something much less interesting, though, like tomato sauce from a Hot Pocket. Those things can get ya if you're not careful.]

georgiaclay, if you get what you want from Santa, you will share, right? Season of giving and all that good stuff! ;)

ETA: More white shirt commentary from an OFC poster:

I got to meet Clay during intermission last night. He was wearing the hoodie because the cleaners had stained all his shirts. I got the impression wearing the hoodie was a last minute solution. I doubt he only has one white shirt and actually the suit is a more creamy color.
Edited by bottlecap

Dear me, I haven't been on the boards in like forever! I know I missed a lot! Can someone please fill me in on what's been going on? lol. I missed Clay on Dear Santa and on GMA.... however, I tape recorded him on The Early Show!

Welcome to Jayson!

Jen, Clay taped his songs for Good Morning America, and is scheduled to perform "Mary Did You Know" on Sunday December 18th, and "My Grownup Christmas List" on Christmas Day. You caught Clay on the Early Show, and you can also watch the video on CBS' site here. You may need to scroll down a bit. Clay has a brief backstage video on Amazon.com.

Concert-wise? Baltimore - he spent the whole second half of the show with a smudge of Quiana's make-up on his nose. Here's a picture from snowdrop that shows the smudge. Washington DC - the dry cleaner messed up Clay's white shirts, and he wore a white hoodie under his suit jacket instead. For some reason, the show ended with Don't Save It All for Christmas Day, and they didn't sing Good News. The speculation is that it was due to time constraints at the venue.

You can check out more details on the Finding Clay Aiken Home page that Ansa and Couchie put together. If you scroll down a bit, you can click on some great scrapbook pages for the individual concerts, with highlights, recaps, and pictures.

Edited by bottlecap

Welcome to Jayson!

Jen, Clay taped his songs for Good Morning America, and is scheduled to perform "Mary Did You Know" on Sunday December 18th, and "My Grownup Christmas List" on Christmas Day.  You caught Clay on the Early Show, and you can also watch the video on CBS' site here.  You may need to scroll down a bit.  Clay has a brief backstage video on Amazon.com.

Concert-wise?  Baltimore - he spent the whole second half of the show with a smudge of Quiana's make-up on his nose.  Here's a picture from snowdrop that shows the smudge.  Washington DC - the dry cleaner messed up Clay's white shirts, and he wore a white hoodie under his suit jacket instead.  For some reason, the show ended with Don't Save It All for Christmas Day, and they didn't sing Good News.  The speculation is that it was due to time constraints at the venue.

You can check out more details on the Finding Clay Aiken Home page that Ansa and Couchie put together.  If you scroll down a bit, you can click on some great scrapbook pages for the individual concerts, with highlights, recaps, and pictures.

Wow, did I miss a lot! :P Thanks so much bottlecap!!!!

On my way out the door...just wanted to let everyone know the DVD project is still on. And I'll be providing more info in a week or so. Thanks for your patience.

I'm going ot see CLAAAAAAAY!

And to everyone who PMed me while I was hiding out as Couchie...I'm sorry..just found your pms tonight. I'll respond from Nashville.

Wonder if hypnosis will work on my little edit problem.

Have a fabulous Clay weekend, couch tomato. We want to hear every detail when you get back.

An exceprt from a Q&A with Clay from the Charlotte Observer:

Q. So I hear you're moving back to Raleigh. What's makes this the right time? I always wanted to live at home. Whenever I saw the opportunity to get back I jumped at the first chance. We got into a position where we thought we would be able to sustain what we were doing from further away. So why not?

Q. Will you keep a home in Los Angeles as well? I'll probably have some place I can stay in L.A. or New York. I kind of just want a home base no matter what.

Q. Do you think being recognized will be more of a problem here? Coming off a reality show was a little different than people would expect. We have the recognize-ability and the neighborly approachability, which makes it complicated to live anywhere. I haven't lived in North Carolina since I've been doing this, but people are much more laid-back at home. I think it'll be something that I'm going to learn to deal with, because I love being there. My mom says eventually people will get used to the fact that you live here and they won't bother you anymore. At this point I don't care. I just want to come home

Q. What about your involvement with UNICEF? I went to Indonesia as a practice trip. They wanted my first trip to be to Indonesia after the tsunami because I could see first-hand what UNICEF does. I remember getting off the plane in the hardest-hit area and seeing the devastation and thinking, "This is practice?"

I got an understanding of what UNICEF does, then I went to Uganda, and decided Indonesia probably was practice because in Indonesia there was a sense of hope. In Uganda this war's been going on for 18 years. Children have to leave their homes every night to walk to the cities to be safe. They can't stay in their homes because they're being kidnapped to become child soldiers or sex slaves or be killed. There is less hope. I understood at that point why Indonesia was practice. They've both been life-changing opportunities. I'd think, "I'm sitting here in Los Angeles complaining about traffic and I don't really have a right to." I certainly won't complain about traffic on I-77 anymore.

Q. When you started in the entertainment industry did you immediately see it as a way to do more charitable work? Absolutely. I remember the very first question I was asked in one of the interviews, was why do you want to do this? I couldn't help think of Oprah. I didn't use to watch Oprah, but everybody knows who she is. After 20 years, she can say the name of the book and people will read it. When she says she's not going to eat a hamburger, the beef industry sues her. That's how much power she has. That's an amazing amount of influence and she uses it for what she feels is important. I'd like to be in that position as well.

Interesting interview. I am not sure he will ever reach Oprah status, only Oprah has. I also felt that Indonesia was practice when he went there because this was a one shot deal - everything ruined and time to rebuild. Saddness, desperation, mourning, but still it is over and it is time to start again. I thought the Charlotte papers were not kind to Clay, but here they seemed to ask real questions.

Now for the bad news. Had to happen.

Heads up on Clay's GMA appearance - it may be shown on Saturday the 17th in some markets, instead of Sunday the 18th. It's all very confusing... :blink:

I think this is one of those appearances that I will just download, instead of trying to watch in real time.

Another reminder - tonight's Nashville concert starts at 7:30 CT / 8:30 ET. This is a little later than what the normal starting time has been, since the tour has moved off the east coast. Hope everybody feels free to join us in the Joyful Noise Tour thread when the concert is going on. Even if you don't listen to a cellstream, it's fun to just chat about the music, Clay, and whatnot in real time.

playbiller, I'm a little surprised that it will cost $3.50 to mail a pin and a couple of pictures. Did you e-mail the seller?

buzztechie - smoochies.

12/2 Pictures - Picture 23 with Angela's hand on Clay's back. Clay: "But I don't want to go off the diving board - the water looks cold." Angela: "Just jump, you big baby."

Picture 26 in the snow: Either the snow is unexpectedly cold, or someone just goosed him.

Picture 48: Don't you hate it when peanut butter gets stuck on the roof of your mouth right before you have to do your big show-stopping number?

I love that the DSIAFCD glory note goes on for so long that you have time to get a whole series of pictures of the intensity of it. I also love the sheer drama of the Good News pictures.

!2/4 Pictures - Picture 7: "Oww, my sciata is acting up again!"

Picture 19: "Psst, want to hear some hot backstage gossip?"

You got some great shots of Clay interacting with the other cast members in this series! Thanks for sharing.

Edited by bottlecap

The OFC has confirmed that Clay will be on Good Morning America Saturday Dec. 17th, instead of Dec. 18th.

Per the e-mail from the OFC:

Clay's upcoming Good Morning America performance - originally

scheduled for Sunday  - will now air a day earlier on Saturday, Dec. 17th. You

can see him perform “Mary Did You Know” on GMA TOMORROW, and “My Grown

Up Christmas List” on Christmas Day! Be sure to check your local

listings for exact show times and channels.

Evening everyone and Bottlecap :D

Thanks for the info, you are so very helpful Bottlecap. I forgot that Clay was supposed to be on Sunday morning on GMA (what would I have done without seeing my Clay this weekend) LOL. As for you my friend, I asked Santa to bring you the same thing as I was wanting, but he said that there was not enough to go around, so he will just have to stay in Georgia with ME :P . Just kidding. I am still studing the hoodie pictures. How I would love to be that hoodie.

I loved the pictures of Quiana's make up on his nose. Reminded me of Claydolf the red nose reindeer. Bad pun. Can't help myself. just comes naturally. I consider myself a smart aleck sometimes.

Hope to get some good clack from Nashville and Georgia. Everybody stay warm and careful this weekend.

Take care

Glad to oblige, georgiaclay, even if you are being mean about sharing. :P

Y'all take good care of the Aiken when he's down yonder in Georgia tomorrow, 'kay? I heard that the Atlanta show is close to being sold out.

(And, yes, you do have to send him on to Florida - you can't keep him. I don't care what Santa told you. ;) )

ETA: The Raleigh News & Observer has a couple of special editions coming up with Clay coverage. The link to order is here. They are pretty pricey, though. I think I'll just wait for the scans of the articles.

Edited by bottlecap

OMG...I have been absent for a bit the last two days...doing some Christmas shopping...

interesting ebay item...

Tonight's show seem to really excite the CH cellcerters...hope Couchie also had a great time...she didn;t want to go on air ...boo

So tomorrow...is MDYK, as much as I love this...I wish it was MGUCL instead I need a cleam version of that for my ipod...cannot wait for Christmas day.

Excuse me while I try to gulp some air back into my lungs. I just watched the GMA Mary Did You Know performance. Clay was all eyelashes, stubble, and searing intensity. Just WOW - one of the best performances of that song ever. It was awesome.

Clay should be featured on some morning show at least once a week for the rest of my life. Angela, Quiana, William, Andy and Daniel were all featured prominently, also.

Hi everyone,

All I can say is OMG after watching the GMA version of MDYK this afternoon after work. Glad I did not see that before I went to work this morning because I was a puddle of mush after watching that version. I would not have gotten anything accomplished if I had watched it before going to work.

OMG, just like you said Bottlecap, searing gaze, eye lashes to die for, stubble (wish I was there to rub that stubble). :P Hope GOD will forgive me for lusting during a song that praises JESUS and his birth, but good Lord, I could not help myself.

I don't know if I will survive the Christmas Day version of GUCL. What a Christmas present and NO Bottlecap you can't have him back, Santa said he was all MINE. LOL

Hope everybody stays warm and has a good weekend. Wish I was going to Atlanta tonight. Could not get tickets. Will have to do with the post from my friends in Georgia (Kimmie), the cellcert and the clack.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Yup just watched it...I should be given a mommy medal for nto trying to watchitt his morning when my kids wanted to make some breakfast...hee

anyway...he is gorgeous...and how gorgeous they all were...Quiana, Angela...Danielm Andy and William...what an impressive group.

and Clay himself...beautiful rendition...love the heartfelt way he wasng that...and he looked so gorgeous.

LOVE the stubble...and the lashes...

I do think I am starting to get tired of this hairstyle...he is till gorgeous but I think a new, less pruduct intensive look is called for when the next CD drops...I personally love the Uganda look....short hair and rugged looking...hee

bottlecap considers georgiaclay's post, and starts planning a Sydney Bristow-style / Alias mission to retrieve a certain item that is clearly community property. bottlecap considers the need for a kicking disguise and wig, and goes off to look for Michael Vartan's phone number to see if he is available to act as back-up. bottlecap is distracted for a moment by the thought of backing up into MV... B)

Clay Content: A very nice article from Reuters -

NASHVILLE (Billboard) - The power of the "American Idol" franchise is clearly evident at the peak of this year's Christian and gospel music charts.

<snip>

Clay Aiken's "Merry Christmas With Love" claimed the No. 1 title on the Top Christian Albums chart. Aiken also took the No. 2 spot on the Top Christian Artists list.

Lets me see, Michael Vartan/Clay Aiken/Michael Vartan/Clay Aiken (hands motioning scales- trying to decide), sorry I think Clay nudges out Michael by a teensy bit. :P

Okay Bottlecap I have a solution to our delima. I take Clay for three days, you have Clay for three days and the rest of the people can have him for one day, LOL.

I loved the banter and you sound like a wonderful person to be around, plus a sense of humor, you do have spunk along with numerous other people on this board.

Have a good night.

Just a minute. I'm missing a Clay Aiken/Michael Vartan debate?? Both very hot guys. Loved seeing Michael in last week's Alias.

People are splitting up Clay's time??? Is no one else noticing the bottlecap/georgiaclay take over here??? :ph34r:

Skatejoy, for the right price (*cough some fabulous new pictures cough*), we may be able to work you into the time sharing schedule.

JNT news: According to Clay, Gregory is ill, and per doctors orders will be off the tour for several days. For last night's concert in Atlanta, his role was filled by a young boy from the local theater company. Hugs to Gregory and his family, and to the cast, which did a great job of adjusting the vignettes to accommodate the changes.

A very long, content-filled article from the Raleigh News & Observer. DO NOT MISS THIS ARTICLE!

A couple of intriguing nuggets:

What Aiken wants appears everywhere in the "Joyful Noise" show. It's more musical production, with actors and a plotline, than standard pop concert. Aiken came up with the idea and the story and wrote a script to tie the songs together. His core fans have responded to the show's blend of sweetness and sentiment.

He also makes the rules for the cast and crew. They're allowed to leave the tour on an off day, but they have to be back in town the night before the next show. He recently fired someone for failing to do so. He won't risk having someone stranded at an airport at the wrong time, letting down the rest of the company as well as the fans.

It was tough to let someone go, especially someone he cared about.

That possibly answers the Jacob question. Interesting.

Aiken hasn't had to face many professional failures, other than last year's NBC Christmas special, which was trounced in the ratings by an episode of "Lost." But the more he takes charge, the more the pressure builds -- much of it self-induced -- to make sure his career doesn't falter.

The new album, which he hopes will be released in April, is a prime example. He wants it to be a hit and says so with a mix of earnestness and self-deprecation.

"A lot of it has to do with not really wanting to face the reality -- my life changed so much in 16 weeks -- not really wanting to go back and have it change again," he says. "And then, of course, nobody wants to be a punchline."

Edited by bottlecap

Yup that is one of the best...most satisfying Clay article ever. Wonderfully written. Made me feel like I was really there with them.

I love the concept of where I belong. I think this is why this CD took so long. Clay had to find some peace or some centering of himself before he truly can work on this CD. I bet he is now very eager to have this out. I just hope that they find a song that will truly reflect how he feels...Maybe he ought to just collaborate with someone on it...I think this is the song they will go back to the studio to record.

I am so excited about this CD...so excited ...

but on a more sobering note...I do hope Gregory will get better soon and I pray he will be able to be part of the NC shows...

I was pretty impressed with how Clay and co. handled the emergency...this tour sure put Clay to the test...

Good morning everyone,

Great day in the neighborhood, isn't it?

Skatejoy, our friend Bottlecap may be onto something. For some more photo's, we might be able to give you some of our time.

I just finished reading from the News & Observer. Very interesting, very interesting indeed. Per the reporter, Clay is excellent (as usual) in getting his point across. I knew the reason for the Jacob mess would eventually come out, and low and behold, if it isn't like Clay to let the cat out of the bag only when he wanted to and how he wanted to. Very well done. As he said numerous times during the JBT "(my name is on the ticket)", and he is just protecting that name, faith and beliefs. Clay is definitely in control of his own future, that is of no doubt.

Along with praising OMC for job well done, I (lowly Clay fan that I am) think that is a grand name for his new album Where I belong. It is perfect.

I also hope that Master Gregory gets to feeling better soon. He and his family are in my prayers.

p.s.s :P The stubble on the chin from GMA is now excused, since he was out all night long (dang it), why could he not find an open mike in Georgia :D. Oh well, off to the races today (literaly, Christmas shopping).

Ya'll have a great day.