#1 - Ready for your constant state of celebration

Well, I used to buy two of everythihng, but if you look above, you will know where they went. Somethings cannot be found in NC. How can I refuse Fear when she has to check that I am alive periodically?

I really really tried to find the cablevision TV guide, but for some reason it was not available in NJ. I guess I should have gone to NYC.

Autographs, I have the fan club picture that came autograhed even though I was about 8 hours behind everyone else in signing up.

I have magazines that Clay is on the cover of. Too bad I didn't buy when everyone else did before the end of AI. I have CDs and stuff like that there. I have most of the tshirts that have been on sale, all the tour books and posters and key chains and magnets. I have PINS, too many PINS. I have no problem in standing on line for the merchandise.

I have things that I wanted to give to the release parties for momentos. Some extra leaflets from 2004 JNT and adds for AC and TR for this summers JBT.

I never got the coke bottles because I am protesting Coke's world wide negligence in ruining well water in India and in Africa and letting towns die. But it would have been hard to refuse if I saw them for retail. I have Playbill from broadway (as does Fear) and ticket stubs. I have the Singapore poster and CD (2).

As a point of humor - about a week before Christmas, Fear's husband called me to ask where he could buy some Clay stuff for his wife. Hee. I told him it was toooooo late. Then he wanted to know what he could buy from me, and I did not have anything extra that she does not have, so nothing there. I told him to buy a mug at the concert but something went wrong there. You know, you do need some lead time on this stuff. I did send him one small item I thought she might not have. I don't think he gave it to her though.

I'm new to this thread, but I find the current topic fascinating! My rarer or unusual items include the MOAM cardboard store display stand (never used or assembled and still in the original box) and Michael Orland's script from the AI3 episode where Clay sang Fantasy, autographed by both Clay and Michael. I also have a few extra posters from both the 2004 and 2005 seasons at Meadowbrook in Gilford, NH, showing all the acts that performed there, including Clay.

I'm new to this thread, but I find the current topic fascinating!  My rarer or unusual items include the MOAM cardboard store display stand (never used or assembled and still in the original box) and Michael Orland's script  from the AI3 episode where Clay sang Fantasy, autographed by both Clay and Michael.  I also have a few extra posters from both the 2004 and 2005 seasons at Meadowbrook in Gilford, NH, showing all the acts that performed there, including Clay.

ooo cameocat...a script from the fantasy appearance with Clay and micheals signature!!! cool...I would bid on that on Ebay if you ever need to part with it ...that is if I ever have the money...hee. I love that appearance!!!

I'm enjoying hearing about everybody's Clack stash - keep the comments coming. And Skatejoy, I hope that "Security" shirt allows you to get special access during the next round of concerts. ;)

So, I'm sure y'all remember the St. Petersburg Times article "It's not easy being Clay" by Sean Daly originally published 12/27/05 - it is the one where the author put in all the "Bwoo-hoo-hoo-HEE-HA-HA!!!" sound effects. Mr. Daly's responses to his e-mails were also posted on the boards.

Anyway, I was pretty shocked today to find Mr. Daly's article reprinted in the entertainment section of my local paper, the Toledo Blade. It is accompanied by a nice picture from the GMA concert this summer. It is the whole article, except for the promo information for the concert at Ruth Eckerd Hall. Why the Florida article was reprinted in a northwestern Ohio paper two weeks later, I don't know, but I thought it was pretty cool, and totally unexpected. Someone is interested in keeping Clay's name out there.

Also, I checked, and the article is not in the online edition of the Toledo Blade, so it won't show up in your LYCOS searches.

Hmmm...very interesting...hope that means something is starting to stir in TC?

Its sad...but I just put up the new Clay calendars in FCA and the 2006 timeline...they are very empty. BUT its interesting to note...that we were in this position in 2005...nothing to really look forward to...but look at what we eventually had...2005 timeline

I just realized that last January we had a lot of Clay appearance...and it was all tsunami related. I guess I wouldn;t wish for another disaster to get more Clay this year...*g*

I just hope 2006 will be longer than this!!!

I'm new to this thread, but I find the current topic fascinating!  My rarer or unusual items include the MOAM cardboard store display stand (never used or assembled and still in the original box) and Michael Orland's script  from the AI3 episode where Clay sang Fantasy, autographed by both Clay and Michael.  I also have a few extra posters from both the 2004 and 2005 seasons at Meadowbrook in Gilford, NH, showing all the acts that performed there, including Clay.

ooo cameocat...a script from the fantasy appearance with Clay and micheals signature!!! cool...I would bid on that on Ebay if you ever need to part with it ...that is if I ever have the money...hee. I love that appearance!!!

Well, where were you when I won this on eBay? :lol: I was surprised that I won it - I fully expected to get outbid. I scanned all the pages of it and posted at Clayversity. Here they are in my Photobucket album: AI3 Script

cameocat - how cool is that! The origins of the Kingdom of Do Me - good times. (BTW, the Clay part starts on page 55 of the scans.) And the final video of the voted off contestant is the "Kiss Off Video"? BWAH!!! :P

eta: Ansa, I just went back and looked at your list for 2005. Holy Crap - Clay did a lot of stuff when he was taking his nap! I guess that shows how spoiled we are as a fandom - the man sure gives us plenty of content. Although, I think it's time that he appeared with another mystery woman. If Clay's not going to blog or give us a new interview to chew over, he should at least give us someone to gossip and speculate about! B)

Edited by bottlecap

I'm not much of a collector either. But I admit to a bit of script envy on that Fantasy episode. I would have loved to have been able to go after the Scrubs one. I really like Zach Braff and love Garden State, which I've watched a gazillion times.

I guess the oddest thing to me is that I bought Ruben's Rolling Stone. Why? Because it contains this little part: "In walks Clay Aiken. His eyes twinkle even when his brow is furrowed."

Also the two paragraphs on the tie-tying ritual. I think it's where it first showed up: ""Ruben, I need you." Studdard glances up, and without a word hoists himself up from the couch, stands face to face with Aiken and carefully knots Aiken's purple tie like a helpful older brother. This happens every night." And so on to Clay explaining the ritual.

But I probably would have bought it for the eye twinkle part alone. :)

I have rarely looked at EBay, maybe not at all in a year or so. Maybe I should check it out more often. On second thought, thinking of my poor bank account -- maybe not!

Have a good Monday, all!

Edited by strummer6

Ok, nothing unusual or envy worthy in my collection. I have the usual magazines, newspapers, programs, etc. I guess my favorite things are the blown up JBT poster and the program for Heather Headley's Broadway Cares benefit. None of it signed!

hmmmm ebay! I recently came into a bit of moolah. I finally got a settlement check from bankrupcty of a company I used to work for...almost 3K and no concert tickets to buy or trips to plan...maybe I'll start buying some good clack.

Bottlecap...PM me your address. i think I owe you a bit of clingle clack.

Here's my question: What the most unusual / unique / weird / interesting item in your collection of Clay Crap?
I'm like Skatejoy where I used to get everything, but all that has subsided in the past year.

I have some of the MOAM store displays and ad pages from some of his early singles. I have several things signed by Clay including TITN single, People Pg 50, and my Raleigh AI2 in the spotlight photo. Granted I have never met Clay myself so I had to rely on friends and luck for the items I have signed.

I do have a very cool CBS Clay fan card that was handed out to those who went to the CBS Early show taping 2 summers back. It was a pretty small studio, so I am guessing there were only about 100-150 of those cards handed out. I also have some very nice Clay stamps that I think lapeapod made for the TWoP gang way back when.

My most prized Clay possession is the SNL wristband from Clay's SNL show. I have a friend who works for NBC at 30 Rock Center and she got me into the dress rehersal. Even though the NBC folks took back the paper tickets we were given, we got wristbands as a replacement. It is worth nothing, but it still hangs lovingly from my computer monitor at home.

But the most bizzare Clay item I have is ping pong ball from the Big E concert in 2004. This was the last of the Solo Tour concerts and they had a bucket dump ping pong balls on Danny during his guitar solo. We were 3rd row center for that show and somehow I ended up with a ping pong ball. If I ever get a Stub Hub, I think I will take that for Clay to sign. *g*

I too have AI3 Fantasy script envy. That was one of the rare performances that I watched over and over again. I loved that happy defiant Clay. Good times.... good times!

And I am still trying to locate some Jerome DNA so I can brew up a mini-Jerome clone for SkateJoy for her next birthday. I think it would go well with the Jerome pillowcase, picture frame, charm bracelet, and T-shirt. *g*

Also .... I was told by a BAF contact that there would be another ebay auction in the near future. No date given, but keep an eye out for it.

Oh wow...an SNL wristband...I too would treasure that. And the Big E ping pong ball...OMG that would be great if you can get it autographed.

But the difficult question for Buzzie and skatejoy would be...If you had an M&G...which of your many many gorgeous pictures would you take to get autographed...

But the difficult question for Buzzie and Skatejoy would be...If you had an M&G...which of your many many gorgeous pictures would you take to get autographed...
I guess I am not sure I would have him sign one of my photos. If it was a fan club M&G and I was only allowed one thing, I would take something like the pingpong ball or the SNL wristband for him to sign. If I had a Stub Hub, I would probably have him sign the above items in addition to my LTS book.

I already have my favorite photo signed by him and I am not sure I could pick a different one from all the remaining photos. I dont have a very visable Clay shrine in my place. Almost all my Clay stuff is in a tub under my bed, even the signed clingle and photos. I dont hang up Clay stuff/photos on my walls. Never really have. I have one MOAM display ad up next to my desktop computer, a Clay bobble-head out in my living room (in amoungst the really cool old warner brother character bobble heads I collect), and a few magnets on my fridge. Other than that, its all put away safely in the Clay-tub. Having Clay sign another photo that will be stored away out of sight isnt really useful, but that is my anal-retentive, over-analytical engineer brain talking. I may just turn into a 12 year old fangirly if I ever really did get a M&G.

If I ever did get to meet him, I would try to be more focused on the visuals and details of the M&G and soaking in as much of the memory as possible into my swiss cheese of a brain.

What would you get signed at a M&G - that's another good topic to discuss. Personally, I would want something unusual and meaningful, like buzz's ping-pong ball. Having thought about this question myself (like it's ever going to happen - Ha!), I think I would ask Clay to sign a box of Bottlecaps, because of the tie-in to my screen name. Yeah, not real creative, but it would be unique to me! (And I have a different screen name at the OFC, so I wouldn't have to worry about editting any embarrassing posts...)

If I was able to get more than one item personalized? Do you think he would be willing to sign something like: "E-Bay High Bidder, Use Your Voice, Clay A~~"? :P

I think I'd have one of my pictures signed. It would be a hard call which one, but I'm sure I'd have a fun time deciding. If I could have more than one item signed, it would be LTS. I love having books signed.

Since my Clay calendar has now expired, I don't have any real visible Clay stuff. My memorabilia is all in a big box in my bedroom.

What I do have though is a gallery in my study/dining room. The wall is decorated with various of my pictures. There are some Clay ones up there mixed in with other singers and some landscapes. It always provokes a lot of discussion and it makes me smile as I pass through every day. The one 8x10 of Clay up in the mix is this. Not the pose people would expect from AI2 Clay. Not sure why I initially chose it, but I like the colors.

You don't know why you chose that picture?!?!?! Well maybe the fact that it makes people gasp a bit and draw them ever so closer to the picture...WOW!!!! love it...

If I ever get a stubhub M&G can I print that out to get signed.? ..whew...of course I would get my LTS signed and maybe I would make a collage of the pin designs I made and the FCA banners, or a print out of the FCA welcome page.. If its a fan club M&G I think I will stick to an FCA collage.

Oh Buzzie I forgot your famous Raleigh picture...is this the one thats autographed?I also have all my Clay stuff in a tub under my bed. The only Clay thing I have on display is the original FCA pin, it rests on top of my monitor. Still waiting for the christmas pins to get here...*g*

Evening people,

Have been away, so I am just now responding. No I don't have anything special other than my JBT program. I am sure that it is normal for other people, but it means a lot to me since that will probably be the only time that I have (or will be) able to see Clay live (since I am on a very strict budget **yeck**) and none of my other friends have caught the Clay bandwagon (boooooo). It still brings me a lot of joy and the memories of Clay in Valdosta will have to last a long time.

Skittles people. Have a good night.

p.s. The picture is fantastic. I so enjoy to gaze at Clay in this picture and all of his others. He just gets purtier and purtier.

Edited by georgiaclay

Hey there!

Clay Aiken is my roll model cause he's so friendly and he is always nice! I like his voice it's really good! I found that he wrote a book! So I ordered it and hopefully it comes in soon!

Later

Jayson

Yup Jayson...glad you got the book cos it is really a great book to read. I think he is a great role model for young men out there. The book is full of that and I highly recommend it. Its very funny too, I bet you will relate to a lot of his experiences.

Let us know what you think of it. Would love to hear a young male perspective on it.

hope you join in more often with the discussion...

what is this, pick on couch tomato day? heee...

WOW, great picture Skate. It is beautiful.

Well my Clay stuff is in a couple of boxes but I also have stuff that is out. I have a gorgeous painting of Clay in the green IT outfit. I won that at a California gathering. I also have Laurie McAdams print. (red grease jacket). And as soon as I finish cleaning my room (which I've been doing for 5 months now, I'm going to paint and hang some other things including my pin boxes.

I'm working on trying to put a calendar together but it's soooo hard to pick the 18 photos. I think I'll just go through FCA concert pages because so many of my favorites are posted there.

OK i'm jealous of SNL clack.

And can't wait to see what Buzzie goes through to get that Jerome DNA!

Can I still be a member? I don't have any pictures of Clay. No magazines either. But I do download every montage and as many vids (depending on space problems) as I can download.

Edited by ivy

That's one of the great things about this fandom, isn't ivy? So much of the good stuff that connects us is stored in bits and bytes that we can all share and access anytime. The video and photo Clack is the real treasure of the Clay Nation. :D

Edited by bottlecap