#1 - Ready for your constant state of celebration

bottlecap tiptoes in quietly, in case some FCAers are still sleeping off their late night seafood and champagne-soaked revelries, and offers a warm but silent wave and tosses some aspirin around.

Skatejoy, I enjoyed your coastal pictures, even though I found myself peering around trying to get a glimpse of the guy in the white suit. ( Concert picture overload - it's a hard habit to break. ;)) I especially like the zig-zagging composition on this picture, along with how the turquoise colors on the boats contrast with the red building. However, I find it hard to believe you were willing to be out of the country when it was Jerome's birthday. What kind of groupie are you, anyway? :P

Do I have to have Clay content? Okay - an admission. I have downloaded a ton of Clearwater final show Clack, but I'm afraid to watch it. I know in my mind that the JNT05 is over, and that we're only in for a short lull here, but I'm not quite ready to give up the holiday buzz yet. If I put off watching video of the final show, I can have some tangible Clack to look forward to for a few days longer.....and you know, can maybe stave off the withdrawal symptoms for a bit. Hee.

So I watched March of the Penquins..and thought of Bottlecap and Clay.

Happy belated birthday Buzzy. Hope it was grande.

So I've had company all day but I knew I heard something freaky coming from my room with my computer. My Dreamweaver is corrupted -- the dreamweaver I use to update FCA website. Keep your fingers crossed. I'm going in. And I'm killing a six year when I see him tomorrow.

Well golly -- where is everybody? Are y'all still dead from the concert last Friday night?

I'm so sorry I missed all the excitement live...it sounds like it would have been wonderful to spend time with you all, EEEEEE-ing over WAYDNYE. Did that not kill or what? I love that Clay left the fans, all the fans, with a special gift that evening.

The love in the theater was palpable that night. Everyone on that stage was in a good mood...or a bittersweet mood. Probably both. Anyway, I watched the clack of the introductions last night when I got home, and was hooting and hollering along with the crowd. Scared my husband, who was in the basement. Ooops.

bottlecap, continue on with your penguin love. I think I like giraffes now... :D

Happy belated birthday to buzzie. You are a wonderful photographer -- thank you for sharing your talents with us.

I seem to have read somewhere...like maybe the introduce yourself thread...that strummer6 has been seen. Come out, come out, wherever you are! And the same with all you other lurkers -- come party!

Clay, thank you for a wonderful year last year, and I am looking forward to many more good years to come. You are a treasure to me. That, and a wonderful source of laughter and fun. Thanks.

Gee I came to ask how everyone feels about the FCA member only pin bringing the most on e-bay to date - $15.50. Oops, this is no longer true, the CHristmas with Clay Aiken tree with spinner went for 32.50.

Congradulations,.....maybe. I have mixed feelings myself. Oddly enough, Fear and I each got 2 of the different ones and traded so we have ome of each.

Makes me wonder what the pink Raleigh fan member pin would go for. I mean, I really spent a lot on pins, it could go a good way to helping me get even, heh.

Edited by playbiller

ldylocelyn:

I seem to have read somewhere...like maybe the introduce yourself thread...that strummer6 has been seen. Come out, come out, wherever you are! And the same with all you other lurkers -- come party!

Well okay! *waves*

And couchie, I too watched March of the Penguins over the holidays. I thought it would be a good holiday movie. Uh -- I guess it is if I wanted to sob for about an hour. Goodness I guess I didn't think about the possible perils of nature parts, huh? So no Clay thoughts.

Thankfully that was soon taken care of by the appearance of the Giraffe picture with which I am hopelessly in love, and then the Gregory Hug from the last concert which has kept me busy nursing my exploding ovaries. Seriously; I made an appointment. :) Oh and then watching the included Bugs Bunny cartoon helped too. (Geez, I love Chuck Jones.)

As for the BG rollercoaster picture, I just keep looking at it so I can crack up from seeing Jerome's face.

Hi, Skatejoy! It's so good to see you!

I have downloaded a ton of Clearwater final show Clack, but I'm afraid to watch it.

I don't know about the withdrawal part, but the videos will warm the cockles of your heart well into spring. Don't be afraid! It's all quite lovely. Now some of the recent montages, on the other hand -- those you should be scared of.

bottlecap, I'm glad you have Pedro love. As for me, ever since I saw the dancing penguins in Mary Poppins when I was about nine, I've loved the little guys.

So Clay can keep his giraffe. I hope they'll be very happy together and that he's building high ceilings in Raleigh.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Gee I came to ask how everyone feels about the FCA member only pin bringing the most on e-bay to date - $15.50. Oops, this is no longer true, the CHristmas with Clay Aiken tree with spinner went for 32.50.

Congradulations,.....maybe. I have mixed feelings myself. Oddly enough, Fear and I each got 2 of the different ones and traded so we have ome of each. 

Makes me wonder what the pink Raleigh fan member pin would go for. I mean, I really spent a lot on pins, it could go a good way to helping me get even, heh.

=====================================================

I really hate to see those pins being sold on eBay. Wish it could be stopped but know it won't. Sad!! Sad!!

I was just joking about the pins - for now anyway. Some day in the distant future, I will need to sell everything I have accumulated over my life. I consider physical clack an investment - i.e. magazines, posters, memorabilia, etc. I don't think I could financially make it to the end without selling my stuff. I won't be able to fit everything into that single room I will end up in anyway. I need to either get another job or find some other source of income.

My camera malfunctioned this year and I missed the Thanksgiving Christmas sales time when I usually sell ornaments.

Stuff is stuff. It is nice to have while you can afford it, but you can survive without it, unfortunately this is not true for medication. Right now I am spending money on the puppy I want but did not need, another 100 dollars today for Rabies shots and distemper. I could have had the free shots from the town, but then I could not register the dog in January as required - I always seem to be off the cycle of free shots for the dog.

Most of the current pin sales are now being done by 3 people.

Well golly -- where is everybody?  Are y'all still dead from the concert last Friday night?

I think for me it was all the holiday festivities. Although that Clay Aiken guy is pretty special too.

I'm also looking forward to 2006 and hearing Clay's new music -- whenever it arrives heh. 2005 was so much fun with the highlights for me being traveling for the Jukebox tour and JNT05. I also loved that the Oakland pre party turned out nice although I was about to kill myself with the stress of it all. I love my Clay live. And I love all my traveling buddies.... even though they get to see all my foibles up close and personal!! Can't wait to this year's travels although it's going to take a lot more skill on my part. Hope Clay's schedule makes it easy for me.

Playbiller...wow I haven't checked out ebay or pins in awhile due to the fact that I'm broke. I didn't realize pins were being sold on ebay though.

And couchie, I too watched March of the Penguins over the holidays. I thought it would be a good holiday movie. Uh -- I guess it is if I wanted to sob for about an hour.

LOL... I know what you mean. I love the Giraffe picture too...Clay looks so ... I don't know..I'm still searching for the right word. I think I told Roseviolet that he looked soft and cuddly...not the gifaffe, Clay. heee.

Do we know who the people were on the row with Jerome. I just lOL that he's sitting behind Clay for some reason when there's an empty seat on his row.

Back in the day when I was crazy...I bought every thing in doubles or triplicate so I'll probably start recouping some money one of these days. But pins? No way and really don't like the fact that they are being sold for profit like that.

That picture of Clay with the giraffe just makes me smile. How can you not love a guy that is willing to let the giraffe get that close to his face and allow someone to take a picture of it! I especially love how he's leaning back . You just know that the closer the giraffe got the more he leaned back....hee!

The past year has been a very exciting time for all of us Clay fans. Even though I was not able to see him "live" in concert this year I did get to enjoy it all because of the wonderful videographers, photographers, and everyone who made it possible for us fans to access it all on their websites. Much love to all of you! I am so looking forward to this year. I'm even thinking of getting a new computer, so I'll have plenty of harddrive space to hold all the clack that I know is coming. When the cd comes out, you know he's going to be promoting it, which means more appearances and concerts! WooHoo!

Hey bottlecap - Isn't it weird that everywhere you look there are penquins? Like in ads, greeting cards, etc. Maybe I'm just noticing them because of all our talk about penguins.....but maybe someone in an ad agency somewhere saw the photo of Clay with the penguin and thought "Clay likes penguins, so maybe all his millions of fans will look at any ad with a penguin in it!". What would work even better for them is putting Clay's lovely face (and body) in an ad. I'm still waiting to see Clay in one of those milk ads. Don't you think he'd be perfect!

Re Jerome --

I just lOL that he's sitting behind Clay for some reason when there's an empty seat on his row.

It does give a whole new meaning to "I got your back" doesn't it?

I'm still looking at that picture since it makes me smile so.

And for some reason I got a bit of a laugh out of the PR person thinking Alison was Clay's Mom. Well, they are both redheads so I guess it's understandable. Still made me giggle a bit.

Since I found out the pics were sent to the ususual suspects (People, EW, etc) I haven't given up hope either or both will be published. I wonder if they sent a copy to the pub house that owns TV Guide? They sure do seem to like them some Clay Aiken. I got a kick out of the boombox photo. Quirky. I like Quirky! Clay!

But then I pretty much like quirky period. Once someone gets to know me, it becomes readily apparent why. :)

I can see Kimmel pulling the giraffe out on his next guest appearance and asking "What were you thinking?" leading into a nice, fun and teasing banter between the two. (Come on, new album promo appearances! Or any appearance. I'm not picky. It's only been a week and I miss the guy. I am so pathetic.)

Have a happy Thursday, everyone!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to txflwrgrl! Are you happy about the Rose Bowl results?

Sorry that your red leather costume designs didn't work out for the JNT05 (remember those discussions from waaayyy back in the fall?), but I guess the long black coat of GAH! worked out okay, too! B)

Since I found out the pics were sent to the ususual suspects (People, EW, etc) I haven't given up hope either or both will be published.  I wonder if they sent a copy to the pub house that owns TV Guide?  They sure do seem to like them some Clay Aiken.  I got a kick out of the boombox photo.  Quirky.  I like Quirky! Clay!

I'm crossing my fingers on this too. I think one of these pictures will end up somewhere...my guess is People. They've loved him a lot lately too.

I LOVE the TV Guide photoshoot! That last picture that was printed a few weeks ago made me LOL...and turned me on at the same time. What gives?

But then I pretty much like quirky period.  Once someone gets to know me, it becomes readily apparent why.  :)

I KNEW there was a reason I liked you so much!

Happy birthday txflwrgrl!

Hello everyone...

Back from by holiday break. I have been back since Tuesday, but yesterday was reserved for putting the house back in order...now that all the tinsels, balls and the tree has been packed away, time to concentrate on Clay and FCA...

The past few days I have been listening to my complete Clay playlist. I start with Clay in HS doing Kansas City and end with JNT...although I havent uploaded the last shows songs. It is great to listen to his development. One thing I noticed is how smooth his voice was in AI...but it didn;t have as much character and passion as it does now.

I am so amazed at his performance during the last show of JNT2005. His voice was a bit ragged...but he gave it his all showing passion and courage in his performance. I think the last half of that show will be my current Favorite. I thought Raleigh was but he even topped himself with this. And ending with WADNYE...was just a fantastic way to end the tour. What great instincts he has!

I will miss him...I hope he does take a good rest cos I think the coming year could be the biggest one yet..I cannot WAIT!!!!

Happy birthday txflwrgrl!

The past few days I have been listening to my complete Clay playlist. I start with Clay in HS doing Kansas City and end with JNT...although I havent uploaded the last shows songs. It is great to listen to his development. One thing I noticed is how smooth his voice was in AI...but it didn;t have as much character and passion as it does now.

I've been doing something very similar. I've finally gotten software easy enough for me to learn how to make my own DVD's, so I'm getting around to burning Clay's AI episodes. And of course, I have to watch them again to get the chapter points in the correct spots. :D Anyway, I worked on the Group 2 performance episode last night, and just kept thinking that the kid I was watching had now turned into this unbelievable man. There's the physical transformation, sure...but more to it than that. The maturation just pours out of him now...in those AI episodes IMO, he seems so young, eager...and maybe a bit scared. Today, watching him...he's so confident and assured. When I sit down to think of this, I'm simply floored.

I am so amazed at his performance during the last show of JNT2005. His voice was a bit ragged...but he gave it his all showing passion and courage in his performance. I think the last half of that show will be my current Favorite. I thought Raleigh was but he even topped himself with this. And ending with WADNYE...was just a fantastic way to end the tour. What great instincts he has!

I too thought nothing could top the Raleigh show. The joy in his voice (coming over the cellcert) was palpable. But...this last show came through, and Entertainer! Clay! came out to play. WADNYE was a stroke of genius. Stroke of something, anyway...

Anyone up for some smut? *g*

I will miss him...I hope he does take a good rest cos I think the coming year could be the biggest one yet..I cannot WAIT!!!!

I feel that Clay could use a few weeks to recharge after this tour...and frankly, I think at least some of us fans could use this too. I know I need it -- time to get some priorities again. I love Clay with my whole heart, and love that he's given me a really fun hobby, some new computer skills (never thought I would be able to burn DVD's ever), and some great friends. But...he's not my be-all and end-all. Gotta keep remembering that...and my husband keeps reminding me of that too. *g*

Having said that...I think 2006 will be huge for Clay...he will redefine his own pop-star once again. And I'll be around, back for more. :D

I was able to go to 3 concerts...and each have their own special place in my heart.

NYC Saturday night...best seats ever...Row 6 Seat 1......could see everything.

Baltimore..very enthusiastic crowd, standing O's duing the second act and entire introduction of the cast/crew...will never forget the giggles and the brown nose rubs. Toooooooo Cute.

Raleigh..I am not to fond of seeing concerts in an arena but couldn't pass up an opportunity to go.

Seeing him dedicate and sing Beautiful Star of Bethlehem to Papa was an experience I will be saying "I was there when".... From where I was sitting I didn't know where his family had been seated.

Clay did exactly what he has been telling us for 2 years to do....DSIAFCD.....

I've been moping around since Monday, generally feeling bored, grumpy, fat, and broke. (Who exactly ran up the balance on my credit card? Oops, that would be me.) :( Anyway, the sun came out today for a few hours - for the first time in what seems like weeks - and its Friday, so I guess I should snap out of it already. I decided maybe we need a new topic to discuss.

Here's my question: What the most unusual / unique / weird / interesting item in your collection of Clay Crap?

I've got a couple of things. I've had a love / hate relationship with the Clay thread at TWoP due to the Kelly trolls that invade from time to time, but the site, in general, rocks if you are into the snark. I came across the Diary thread, and printed it out in the middle of 2004. Not too long afterwards, the mods there trimmed a bunch of the early posts out, so all the second season stuff with Tsathy and the fangirls under the bed got deleted. Glad I have the hard copies - maybe I'll take a read through those again and have a few laughs.

The other weird thing I have is a couple of bootleg t-shirts from the Independent Tour. These came via my sister's co-worker's relative who apparently had something to do with the tour transportation company. (Is that convoluted enough for you?) Anyway, the front of the shirts has a picture of Clay (striped t-shirt and dark jacket - J14 pictures apparently) and Kelly with a big American Idol logo behind them. The back has the American Idol logo again, and proclaims "An Idol Night Out!" The really odd thing is the list of cities on the back: It goes from Sacramento, CA to Saint Paul, MN, which is approximately the last half of the tour. Not so weird, until you get to the very last city: Clio, MI. Um, they didn't go there on the Independent Tour, although Clay has been there for the NAT and JBT. Apparently, the t-shirt designer was psychic, or something...

So, what have y'all got in your collections? :blink:

I am very ashamed to say I have a very small collection...I do have programs and some of the more important magazines...and LTS hard cover and audio...but other than that nothing else...I AM A BAD FAN!!!! I even have only one copy of every cd...no multiples.

I do have the Ruben CD single...my hubby had to get it for my daughters as a joke. What is unusual about this? Well if you look at it the case is completely ruined...why? well my daughters and I used it to experiment on how easy it was to crack CD cases. Remember when some fans of other idols claimed to do this to Clay CD's? well my daughters and I tried it out...and it was easy. We got a bit carried away though so this case is REALLY broken...hee..

So anybody have some ebay gold in their collection.

So, I'm probaby the opposite of Ansa...for I have multiples of almost everything! I tend to buy at least two of stuff -- one to "use" and one to "keep for archival purposes" (ie, sell on Ebay in 15 years. *g*)

I'm pleased that I've got stuff from Singapore -- a poster and a couple of MOAMs. I also lucked into finding a 6 pack of the AI Season 2 Coca Cola bottles...at my LOCAL FREAKIN' WALMART! And this was after I had bought two mail order at inflated prices!

I also feel like I'm a member of the "weird magazine of the month" club sometimes...what with all the different issues that I've bought copies from online. "Hits Magazine", etc.

Does anyone here have an autograph? I'm pleased to say...I do now. musicmama of the CH is a total sweetheart -- for she sent me a signed MCWL from her M&G! I love her so very much....

So I'm probaby the opposite of Ansa...for I have multiples of almost everything!    I tend to buy at least two of stuff -- one to "use" and one to "keep for archival purposes" (ie, sell on Ebay in 15 years.  *g*)

I do this too - hopefully there are a bunch of actual 12 year olds now who will have the means and the desire to buy all this stuff in 15 years when all the "pretend" twelve year olds are ready to retire and are regretting they spent all their 401K money on concert tickets...

Does anyone here have an autograph?  I'm pleased to say...I do now.  musicmama of the CH is a total weetheart -- for she sent me a signed MCWL from her M&G!  I love her so very much....

I only do because I coughed up $84.00 for the Easton Press autographed LTS - the most expensive item in my Clack archive (not counting what those ticket stubs set me back!)

Anybody have a signed Soli-MOAM CD or insert? Seems like those might be rarer than the regular signed MOAMs....

When all this started I tended to buy in multiples. However, those days are long past. I have some pretty obscure magazines in my collection and lots of fan made items from various parties. However, I'm guessing my most "unusual" items (i.e. the stuff only I have) would be the Jerome stuff. Pictures and various exciting items buzztechie has given me over the years. The latest was this Christmas when I got a package that was To: SkateJoy Love: Jerome. I opened it and it was a black t-shirt that says "Security" across the front.

Beat that!

I too have to go through my plastic tubs to sort through things. Although my sister teases that I have more stuff than she has, a good part of the stuff was given to me by her, i.e. the bobblehead doll, Rolling Stone, EW and other magazines, a copy of TITN cd, ornaments.

I have cut out many magazine articles from our local paper in NC (not all good). I won three blue water bottles that say Clay on them at JBT preparty. I have an autographed magazine that I bought from BAF, an autographed picture and cd from Krispie Kreme and the autographed fan club picture. Pins, mug, candle and other stuff I bought are also in the tubs. Plus I have many pins.

I have to start d/l some clack from Clearwater since I cleaned off my hard drive and moved everything over to an external drive. He was definitely on fire that night.

By the way bottlecap, my husband was making origami penquins after Christmas until I told him to stop at which point he started making origami bugs. I told him I would make him a cootie catcher, a skill I remember from elementary school. B)