#1 - Ready for your constant state of celebration

HAH, Ansa, that's it isn't it? You are all just jealous of me and my special connection to Clay and are trying to keep us apart. You are all seedy denisons of the sordid corners of the Clay Nation. :angry:

BWAH! :P

(bottlecap skips off the rip off some puppy memoirs - just take out the dog's name, insert Pedro, and put in some fish references - Presto: Instant Classic.)

Kandre sees the phrase "seedy denizons" and knows she's among her people...

See, I feel I have a shot at being Clay's true love because of my vaunted discretion...y'all haven't even heard the rumors about moi and him...you would almost believe nothing's happening!

Well, Kandre, do you think you could use your influence, which I'm sure is considerable, to wring a little CD news out of the Aiken? I'm sure you could be quite persuasive if you put your mind to it. [Just don't leave any visible marks, 'kay? B) ]

OMG we're back. I missed FCA forums and all of you. I think we may have lost some pages..they may have had to work from a backup which means my post on the auditions that I wrote last night is gone. Oh well... I'm just happy to be back.

Just want to say that now that the story has hit the Enquirer I'm all better. That's what you got? Give me a &*DE)W& break.

So let me share a story.

I'm at work today and my cousin called me. Now this cousin of mine..I love her a lot..she lives right up the freeway from me yet I don't see her nearly enough. So when she called me my first thought was WHO DIED? After she assured me that everyone was ok she asked me if I was still a fan of Clay Aiken. I'm like..SHIT...

So I'm thinking why the heck is she calling me about Clay of all people. Even if she saw the Enquirer she wouldn't be calling me about it.

So she and her friend start just gushing all this stuff about how this woman came into their work place and she just loved Clay Aiken. And did you know there are Clay parties and that people fly all over to see Clay. It's about this time that I start chuckling. And I thought you might want to take part she told me. They're online and they have this club -- it's called Clay (and she pauses so I can write this down) Mates. I'm trying not to bust a gut by this time. Anyway, I took down this magic clayverter's email address.

She proceeded to tell me all about somebody buying Clay's handprints and his emmy suit and by the end of the conversation I realized, the world is just not tuned into all things Clay.

I did admit that I knew this person she met because I threw the pre party for Clay's Oakland concert and I remember meeting her. But thanks...for all the info...maybe I'll get to go to one of those luncheons real soon.

I love me some Clay.

Just want to add:

I am glad that this is back online. I was getting worried today when I could not get on. Thought that with all this dang Clay business going on (Boo Hiss), that the server was crashed on purpose (yeah I know, a little paranoid here). :D

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that there were two new pins out by RedJet. One is too cool (a Circle the Wagons pin). Heels good enough to smash that little twit that started all this crap :angry:

Anyway, I just wanted to add my two cents worth

G

Yeah, you’re back! Yesterday was quite a day, and as it turns out, “You need a fact checkerrr” (tm someone very wise). Pppfffttt! I do have one funny story to bring over from CV. One of the posters was online, and when her husband looked over her shoulder and saw all the butt-kicking boot and spiky-heeled shoe avatars he asked: "Are you talking to hookers?" BWAH! :P

So, since there’s still no CD news as far as I know, I’ll have to post some AI babble.

I’ve been downloading and burning the full episodes of AI2. I like to check the DVDs, so I’ve been scrolling to find Clay’s performances. Yesterday was the Final 3, and I watched Mack the Knife. When you look for it, you can see a tiny glimpse of the swagger and aggressive posture that would come into full bloom during the Jukebox tour. While Clay didn’t have the confidence and the attitude then that he has onstage now, he sang Mack at a slight angle to the mic stand, and with a little bit of a bend to his knees – a stance that he developed more fully when he was on top of the piano for GboF. Tres cool! B)

I have been watching the AI5 auditions, although I have to admit I have been pretty disappointed with the quality of the singers they have shown so far. Of course, I paid special attention to the Greensboro, NC audition the other night, hoping for Clay mentions, which were minimal. I keep waiting for AI to show another geek boy with the surprisingly strong voice, but apparently that bolt of lightning is only going to strike once. I also kept thinking: “Where are all the southern boys who were grew up singing and church, and who know how to deliver a song, like Ruben and Clay?” If they were there, the producers didn’t bother to show them.

Last night’s San Francisco audition turned into quite the showcase for Clay. I felt a little sorry for the poor dude who tried to audition with MOAM, but to get to see those great pictures of Clay and hear him sing MOAM in the background was kind of a kick. And can I just say that I <3 Paula? They have been showing her digging at Simon this season, and I loved that she ripped him about his “I like you better with my eyes closed” comment. I am a little bit astounded that she remembers stuff like that from Season 2, and was willing to bring it up. BWAH! The only thing that would have made that scene better is if they had actually edited in the actual footage from Season 2.

Last night’s San Francisco audition turned into quite the showcase for Clay. I felt a little sorry for the poor dude who tried to audition with MOAM, but to get to see those great pictures of Clay and hear him sing MOAM in the background was kind of a kick. And can I just say that I <3 Paula? They have been showing her digging at Simon this season, and I loved that she ripped him about his “I like you better with my eyes closed” comment. I am a little bit astounded that she remembers stuff like that from Season 2, and was willing to bring it up. BWAH! The only thing that would have made that scene better is if they had actually edited in the actual footage from Season 2.

I know, I thought it would really be priceless to see that clip and maybe show gorgeous shots of Clay too. But now I think that maybe that would be too much Clay content in one show and would;ve diluted Simon;s diva fit. I think he was truly pissed at that point I don;t think it was staged. What I thought was staged was randy egging him on all throughout the day.Its not like its totally unusual for them to disagree about the contestants. Simon just had enough. Specially since the girl they were arguing about was a non issue.

I did love the Clay mentions...specially when they played MOAM in the background. Well I guess if there ever was a riff between Clay and AI (and I never thoguht there was) I suppose its over. Its almost like he is their golden boy right now. I suspect an AI appearance by Clay...hopefully singing a kickass single.

well I will continue with my AI2 review...sad that my gr1 comments were eaten by the Net monster...but on to gr2 for me. See y'all at the watercooler.

If people want to talk about AI5...I will start a thread in the TV/entertaiment forum in watercooler.

:blink:

Okay, I'm new on this board, fairly new to any board. And sometimes my wheelchair gets stuck between the toilet and sink and I can't get to the computer often. Now would anybody please explain a few things about the Salamanders' take on Clay's new house (hilarious).

1. Who are the penquin posse and why?????

2. What does safe combination, 5-2-30 mean?????

3. What does speed dial JF(no)K mean?

Can somebody call my caretaker, Florence Nightengale, to come early today and get me out of this dammmmn bathroom.

Thanks. :(

Edited by Claywright

:blink:

Okay, I'm new on this board, fairly new to any board.  And sometimes  my wheelchair gets stuck between the toilet and sink and I can't get to the computer often.  Now would anybody please explain a few things about the Salamanders' take on Clay's new house (hilarious).

1.  Who are the penquin posse and why?????

2.  What does safe combination, 5-2-30 mean?????

3.  What does speed dial JF(no)K mean?

Welcome to the Main Thread, Claywright.

1. During Clay's Jukebox Tour concert at the Toledo Zoo Ampitheater (which is smack in the middle of the zoo, btw) this summer, he made a joke about taking a penguin home with him and keeping it in his freezer. There was also a picture posted on the Official Fan Club site of Clay visiting the penguin enclosure at the zoo, and reaching out to pet a penguin. I think that picture is included in the Salamander's house tour. Anyway, the penguins have been sort of a running theme in the fandom since that time. (I may be particularly obsessed by them, since the Toledo Zoo concert was my first and so far only opportunity to see Clay live, and the Zoo is one of my favorite places locally. :P )

2. 5230 was Clay's audition number for AI2 in Atlanta. His production company is called Fifty2Thirty Productions (I think that's right, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I think we've only seen that in "A Clay Aiken Christmas" so far). 5230 was also the number used on the set for Beverly's house during the Joyful Noise tour, and Clay specifically pointed it out in the preview of the show shown on The Insider.

3. JF (no) L is some fan snark about the name of Clay's executive producer. When the fandom was first introduced to her, she was always Jaymes Foster-Levy. Around the time of Christmas tour, it seemed to become Jaymes Foster. The dropping of the Levy (and maybe the husband? - I don't think that was determined) was extrapolated to be due to the Clay charisma factor. Again, pure fan snark. Some posters elsewhere began refering to her as JF (Noe)L, which made more sense during the Christmas season.

The secret codes and fanspeak in the Clay Nation can get pretty convoluted and twisty. Please don't be afraid to ask if poster makes a reference you don't follow, either on the boards or by pm. Chances are, somebody else has the same question, and for sure another poster will know the answer.

Great explanation Bottlcap...very succinct.

BTW...have you all been following Clay's MOAM on AMAZON...

it is now #7 in over all sales and is the#1 mover and shaker having increased its sales by 7042%. It is the #1 seller for AC and #5 seller in pop.

I don't know what brought his sudden sale surge on...maybe the AI mention, having MOAM play in AI...the spontaneous combustion of a lot of fans MOAM's :) we don;t know. Its just nice to see it in the front page of Amazon again.

Yeah, I'll admit that I bought into the whole Amazon hype, and ordered another copy of MOAM myself this morning. The things I do for this man... CD buying.... Venturing over to post on the OFC... LYCOS searching.... And I hope he appreciates how uncomfortable these pointy-toed kick-ass boots are - my feet will never be the same! :P

Of course, even the slightest hint of CD news would make it all better... ;)

What?

Welcome, welcome Claywright,

Welcome to the people that "Circle the Wagons" on a minutes notice. It made me so proud to be an Aiken Fan when that happened.

Bottlecap, I am so pleased that you explained the questions so very well (GO PEDRO). I am along with you, just love them penguins.

I have enjoyed getting to know everyone just a little better through the posts and PM's. Thank you for answering all my questions. :lol:B)

G

Hi everybody! I haven't been here in a while. How are you all doing? I admit it, my mom really needed a new copy of MOAM since she lost hers last year in a car accident. So, I figured this week would be a really good time to replace it! Heh. I'll go back later and get her new copies of Josh Groban and Michael Buble. She likes them too and they also got lost in the car accident.

I have been lurking at the Clackhouse, and have been loving the favorite Clay pictures that are being posted. How can one man have so many completely different and completely compelling looks? I almost have to stop clicking on the links, because there is only so much pretty I can take before my brain goes on overload. B)

Hugs and smoochies all around, as today might be a little rough. I haven't re-watched and reviewed the Group 3 and 4 performances for our AI2 thread, but I'm thinking about skipping over them and going right to the Wildcard performances and results. Is that cheating, or just a more productive use of my time? Hee. :P It's not so nail-biting when you know how the story turns out. Although even when those episodes first aired, I knew with absolute confidence that Clay would be the peoples' choice to go through.

((((clay)))) (((Clayfans))))

This too shall pass.

I would like to remind the members of this forum that we do have a gallery that you can use to put up your pictures. you can go to it by clicking on the gallery link right below the banner. This would be a good place to put your favorite Clay pix that you would want to share.

I have been lax about adding the new JNT pictures since I've been busy fixing up the JNT05 pages on the FCA website. But y'all are welcome to upload your pix to share with other fans.

Bottlecap I am so tempted to go straight to WC too...but I do want to see if we did get the right top 12. I think so far, based on their grouping, the right people went through. But I wonder about group 2. It really had a lot of good singers that I think would've done better than Charles. I think he was a fluke. I do belive Candace, and and Hadas could've beat Carmen too on the voice and cuteness factor. So now I am curious if I will see other undiscovered talent in 3 and 4. I doubt it...but its still interesting to see.

All Things Clay Aiken has a note up that funds are needed to help with the costs of bandwidth. This site is a great resource for the Clay Nation to publicly share videos for downloading, and it certainly worth supporting if you can afford it, especially since Measure of a Fan is out of commission right now.

georgiaclay, if the weather holds out tomorrow, I will be going to the zoo. Shall I give Pedro and his penguin posse your regards? :D

Okay, I've put off my homework long enough. I'm off to review the AI2 Group 3 performances so I can post about them in the AI thread. See, Ansa, I'm being good, and not just skipping ahead to the Wildcard show! :P Hopefully, I can come up with some comments that are more insightful than "8 people sang, but none of them were Clay, so ppffftt, who cares?"

Edited by bottlecap

Yes Bottletop, please say hello to Pedro for me and blow him a big KISS from Georgia. I know he is missing Clay, but he will be BACK FOR MORE very soon.

And speaking of Back for More this morning on the way to work, I again listened to the words and I sent up a special wish that the Masters of the Underworld (meaning the late night talk show host) will not take the lyrics and use it as a way to "stick it to Clay". :angry: Well they really don't want a pissed off Claymate, because I will kick. their. tail. :D We need to hold our heads high and this crap will pass soon.

G

I came across something very interesting on the ABC site. This is a long thread so don't say I did not warn ya'll

I thought it was neat and wanted to share :D

If it was Clay Aiken not Master P would you be hateful too?

replyPosted: Jan 27 @ 01:22 PM by:

If any of you are familiar with Clay Aiken the well loved American idol finalist of season 2 who also has 3 left feet when he dances is the one there instead of P would you tell him to leave, too? I am just curious.

ABC made this show and invited stars to join to make a good show and also for charities to benefit. And the qualification is just a willing celeb to be humiliated and not necessarily can dance. So, basically any showbiz person can join like P and we can expect the worst dancers. So, if someone as sweet as Clay (who is famous for being kind) or dignified like Barbara Walters joins but they stink just like P, will you cuss them off, too?

Re: If it was Clay Aiken not Master P would you be hateful too?

reply Posted: Jan 27 @ 01:24 PM

I may be a reasonable person in voting. But I understand the P fans because I am a Clay diehard. Maybe if it was him I would also lose logic and sensibility and keep him in the show because i want to view him more. And with a "blinded" senses with my idol there I would perceive it as "Dancing with the Stars". The guy is a star and dances (his own way). The show is not THE BEST STAR DANCER MUST WIN. aND YES, basically it is a popularity show otherwise they wont ask the public to vote.

Back to Top ^Re: If it was Clay Aiken not Master P would you be hateful too?

Of course; if Clay refused to observe the program rules, make a total fool of the other contestants and pros, the producers, the judges and the viewers. He is making a mockery of the intention of this program and the efforts of the other dancers and simply slapping all of us in the face with the fact that his followers will over-vote everyone else because of who and what he is. And - if this show isn't about the best dancer winning, why are there judges and why are they practicing over 130 hours a week? Why don't they just walk across the stage, look pretty and let people vote based on a popularity basis?? DAHHHHHH!

reply Posted: Jan 27 @ 02:37 PM

Clay would not dance like P. He is much slimmer and much more good-looking. Even if he stumped and stood and walked like P had done, he would have appeared to be more entertaining than P can ever be as he would be more aesthetically appealing/pleasing than P.

What is a beatiful dance, after all? One that pleases our eyes, I would say. Put it this way, you can call it lookism (as opposed to racism or sexism or anything else) -- If everything else being equal, the one who is better looking wins on this show that is supposed to entertain.

reply Posted: Jan 27 @ 02:39 PM

Yes, I would and I like Clay. I don't see what he has to do with this, he was on "American Idol" to sing and he did that very well. I can't say the same for P on this show. All he is doing is making himself look like an egotistical fool.

They said it last night: he has only trained for 20 hours since the start of the show, while everyone else has trained for over 100. You can tell he doesn't care and that he's giving about 1/4 of the effort of everyone else. It shows in his dancing, it shows in his body language, and it shows in his interaction with everyone on the show. I think he is being disrespectful to his partner, and he doesn't wear the proper attire. It makes him look silly. If Clay Aiken was on the show and was acting the same way as P, I would want him gone, too.

Yes- clay was in a singing contest and could sing. Master P can't dance, isn't trying, and is making a mockery out of the competition and all the others who are working so hard!

But if Clay joined this contest and he too has a bad rythmn like P & sucks in dancing. But for sure his millions of fans will still vote for him.

Hee, georgiaclay, I like that very last comment about Clay's millions of fans. Yeah, Us!

I have been glancing at Dancing With the Stars from time to time, and have seen P Miller stomping around like he'd rather be anywhere else in the world. I am not quite following the logic of some of the posters in the thread you linked - I guess the argument is about is about the best performances versus the individuals with the most rabid fans. Clay had the chops, and deserved his votes. I do, however, think in competitive shows like this and like American Idol, it's not necessarily the absolute worst people that get voted off first - it's the middling people who lack something distinctive or controversial.

As for Clay's dancing ability, as long as he has Angela to grind with, who cares if he can move his feet to the beat or not? :P

Happy 3rd Anniversary Clay!!!!

it is not my anniversary of becoming a Clay fan but it is the first time the public had a glimpse of this future superstar. Three years to the day and what a trip we have had...

and it is just beginning!!!!

Hosaa has a special anniversary gift to the fandom, a wonderful montage that pieces together all the clips we have of his audition...we see more clips of Always and forever...

I can see why AI didn't show the whole song...the first part had his glorious low range that would've killed a lot of future Clay fans...if this whole clip was shown there would be no question as to who should've won AI2.

Hosaa montage of audition clips...

no one should miss this!!!!