#1 - Ready for your constant state of celebration

I just want to organize an index to what clips are where. Right now it is displayed 10 clips to a view in no particular order, so you have to search for anything you have not seen before - So I would like to categorize the clips and put in the links directly to them. Like - Montages by creator and date or Anime{?) by creator and song or News link or AI2, etc. You know how all the clips in a vault are organized, well these are not.

It was just a thought, I don't know how long that site will be there or how many people will use it. I have just been distracting some people that are being upset by posting links ot happier clips.

Edited by playbiller

Interesting project playbiller....

I didn't watch the grammy's last night since I was more interested in my other shows (AI,lost,Invasion)...but was totally thrilled to hear the Kelly won in both her categories.

WAY TO GO Kelly!!!! I think this is a great sign for any of the AI alums. She was the first Idol and has paved the way for all of them. I think the industry does try to recognize legitimate talents that do good projects. Good for her.

For Clay...of course I would hope he has a similar year as Kelly...but I have tempered my expectations somewhat. Right now I only hope he gets to do the CD he wanted...the CD that best reflect him. At the moment I don't know how that CD will be thus I cannot say if this will be accepted by the mainstream as well. Clay said its something different. That statement is enigmatic to me...so at this point I cannot say if we can hope to see Clay in the Grammy's next year. All I'm sure of...is that it will come. His time will come.

In the meantime...I think talent should be celebrated...and I do believe Clay and Kelly are two of the most talented young performers in the industry today...

*sigh* still anxiously awaiting CD news....

I love checking out the pictures of the Grammy clothes. If you click on this link to a picture from People, you might see a look that is familiar - right down to the tan suede shoes.

The Aiken - fashion trend setter.

I did see some bits of the Grammy perfomances last night, between AI and Lost. U2 sounded great, and Mary J. Blige is very powerful. I love John Legend's voice and his overall vibe, even if he is singing about infidelity, so I'm glad he won. Kanye West - well, he certainly had a big hat, didn't he? :blink:

DixieHellCat of the CH posted this:

Channel 10 KSAZ (Fox) News at 9:30p.m. Phoenix, AZ 2006.

_______________________________________ "American Idol runner up Clay Aiken joins the ranks of Paul McCartney, U2 and The Stones. Who would have thought when he made his first appearance, he kinda looked like the awkward, goofy kid, then they really tweaked his image."

"Aikens Tours breaks into the Top 20 Concert Tours. Tours are ranked by the amount of money the Box Office brings in. With an average ticket price of $59 bucks, he did pretty well and it was enough to put Aikens Tours in the 20th Slot".

I like it! Now I know where my money is!

I would like to say about hte latest flap...it's interesting that they keep focusing on Clay's 50 year old conservative christian fans and how they will all leave him in droves...well all I have to say is:

thank god I'm a 40 year old black holy roller. I ain't going no where.

I'm ready for some new music.

I would like to say about hte latest flap...it's interesting that they keep focusing on Clay's 50 year old conservative christian fans and how they will all leave him in droves...well all I have to say is:

thank god I'm a 40 year old black holy roller.  I ain't going no where.

I'm ready for some new music.

I am well over 50 and a Christain.....haven't heard nor seen anything that disturbs me from him. When he says he want his music/concerts to be family friendly I truely beleive. that is what he wants.

I could watch JBT everyday!! Just loved it!! Ain't going no where either!!

There's been crazy Christian female fans of all ethic groups that have nearly destroyed a couple of Christian artisits...so every genre (sp) has their share.

I think the important thing is that Clay;s fanbase is not really based on something as flimsy as his image. Its basis is his talent. I know there are fans that are truly invested in his "good" image...but I bet they are in the minority.

Do I even want to know? I have been pretty effectively avoiding any updates on the crap. I figure if I don't come across anthing in my normal mainstream entertainment outlet wanderings around the internet, it can't be that big a story. Thank goodness that the discussion on the boards gets contained to specific threads that I can avoid, if I have the willpower... <_< I have stuff in my real life that I should be much more worried about. :huh:

Thanks, Ansa - that's about the right level of detail for me. No more bandwidth wasted on unworthy gnats. PPPFFFFTTTT. ;)

I was searching for some American Idol articles from last night's episode, and got page after page of Grammy news. (Go Kelly, Go Kelly - help remove that Idol karaoke cover singer stigma. The Best Male Vocal performance winner in 2007 shouldn't have to deal with it.... :D) Anyway, any Clay CD news would certainly get lost in the clutter right now. I'm starting my chant now:

NEXTWEEKNEWS NEXTWEEKNEWS NEXTWEEKNEWS.......

Believe me, I know Clay's fandom can't be classified. They do try hard though. Frankly the fact that it's mostly women is probably what keeps it under attack. And I think a lot of this has to do with us as much as clay or why focus on us at all.

HI, I thought I would let you see what I did for the youtube videos - this is after the first page. I am rethinkingthe style and I have written a lot of e-mail to people to give more information on their videos, but this is the start. let me know what you think.

AI2

The Charlotte audition - Amercian Idol - Clay Aiken link

Clay Aiken American Idol Audition in Atlanta link

clay aiken - unchained melody link

AI2 on Canadian Idol

American Idol (AI2) visits Canadian Idol 2003 link

AI2 Tour

AI2 tour, St Paul - the OMG video Invisible link

Clay performance goes wrong Chicago link

News Video

Clay Aiken - People who performed with him 5/13/03 link

Special Apearances

Clay Aiken 10/18/03 World Series game1 Star Spangled Banner link

Rolling Stone

Clay Aiken - Rolling Stone Photo Shoot 2003 link

Clay Aiken - the Rolling Stone Cover story link

Clay Aiken - the second Rolling Stone story - 1 month later link

Jingle Balls

Clay Aiken performs "Invisible" at Indy Jingle Ball 2003 link

TV

MTV

11/25/03 TRL - Invisible link

AI3

AI3 Promo - Clay Aiken Superstar link

Special Appearances

Clay Aiken Fox Upfront 2004 "This is the Night" link

TV

SNL

2/7/04 Clay Aiken SNL Maya Rudolph teaser link

2/7/04 Invisible link

NAT

Clay Aiken - "Measure of a Man"

Clay performs MOAM in Wilkes-Barre, PA. link

UNICEF

Clay Aiken - Interview on UNICEF trip to Banda Aceh link

Concerts

JBT

CLAY AIKEN JBT WDC link

Clay Aiken....ALONE link

The 50's set link

Cary, NC - I Can't Make You Love Me From TwiceTreasured link

Montages

MoreMoosetracks

American Idol: Clay Aiken- My Funny Valentine link

musicalxnote

These Were The Nights link

TwiceTreasured

Right Here Right Now Clay Aiken Montage link

Miscellaneous

Ryan Seacrest at 2006 SAG Awards- Clay Aiken mention link

AWHHOOOOOO Freakin' HOOOOOOOO!

I will be waiting by my mailbox Saturday ready to rip the magazine out of my mail carrier's hands! Finally!

[Although I could have sworn that last week's Entertainment Weekly was a double issue - guess I was wrong... :blink: ]

here is the copy of the EW article:

WHERE IS CLAY AIKEN'S NEW ALBUM?

Aiken became American Idol's best-selling loser - and its biggest pop star after Kelly Clarkson - when his 2003 debut, Measure of a Man, hit No. 1 in its first week. Not only that, but his Christmas album broke sales records and helped build one of the most obsessive followings this side of Jimmy Buffet. But after almost a year of anticipation, Claymates have been left mooning over old CDs, wondering when their Idol idol will unveil his follow-up. Well, according to an RCA spokesman, he'll be hitting the studio in March -- with an eye toward a May release date -- and is sorting through potential material now, which includes both original tunes and "lots of covers."

bolding mine...

this has been received with mixed reaction this morning. I just want to remind people that this is not the official press release on this. The bolded part says they are still sorting through ...or deciding on what material will be in the CD. Clay himself has said that they have recorded a lot of materials both original and covers...so this is nothing new. I believe the emphasis could very well be EW's on the lots of covers. This does not mean this is what will BE on the album. EW has always had a mixed reaction to Clay and I think this is their bias coming out. I personally will not panic about the content. I don't believe for one moment that Clay will throw away the original material we already know he has to come out with a CD clone of Barry's or Rod stewart's CD. I think this simple means they still are in negotiations as to what will be in the CD...

I pray that he gets his way. I may not totally love what will be in it...but as long as Clay loves it..then I will be satisfied.

Hey gang!

RL has been getting in the way for me lately -- I'd procrastinated on a work project long enough, and it had to be finished THIS WEEK. It's mostly done, now...so I have time to EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I am NOT worried about this album. At all. My opinion of Clay and covers is this: I tend to think of Clay as a bit of a perfectionist. If he has new songs presented to him that are not up to his standards, he'll look at covers. Many artists use covers, and many have made them "their own" and had hits from them. (Right off the top of my head, I've been hearing Alanis Morrisette's cover of Seal's "Crazy" a lot lately). Also, I think some people don't realize that several songs a person grew up with were covers. I know I was surprised to hear "Some Kind of Wonderful" by Grand Funk Railroad in the 70's, only to discover that it was originally recorded in the 50's.

I look forward to this new album, and want to celebrate it. Someone -- anyone -- please join me in the "It's all good" car!

I'm just glad to see any "narrative" at this point about the CD. I'm hopeful this will shake loose some official and accurate commentary on the new album.

[bottlecap pokes RCA with a stick. Come on Garth, get that press release issued!]

The hint of album news I'm happy about. :D The panicking, extrapolating, and pre-trashing of the CD being done by some of Clay's "fans", eh, not so much. :blink:

Waves to ldyjocelyn. Missed ya! playbiller, I'm planning on checking out your youtube links this week-end. It's very cool that you've taken on that project!

I have come to the conclusion, in Clayland, as in real life, there ar people who look for the angst - they get their kicks by getting others worked up. This is as opposed to the people who are never happy in themselves, the people who never like the way Clay looks or a single haircut or any song choices or those who just hate every.single.woman with who Clay associates. I don't worry abotout those people, the ones I get concerned about are the people who seem to get sucked into the vortex of negativity.

Frankly...I am not upset by the EW news. what is upsetting me is that based on this blurb that can be interprested in several ways...and DOES NOT tell us anythign except the May target date...some people are choosing to believe a rumor from SUCKs...a well know lair for Clay haters, over what Clay has been saying all these months. Over the fact we have heard 4 original songs and Clay has been saying they have been looking for songs that reflect who he is. I do not have any problem with the CD having some covers...but I will not even consider that this will turn into a CD of covers and will only be recorded in March for a May release...that in a word is jsut RIDICULOUS.

Yes...it is tiring to see posters come in with the worse possible scenario again and again. Why do we do this to each other...sigh

WE don't do this to each other, a few people were probably raised in angst ridden homes and they probably need it like people who are addicted to adrenaline or sugar.

probably...I do believe lots of people are addicted to the drama...sigh...I'm not. :huh:

Covers issue: If covers were recorded, but then not used for MOAM, why do some people think the animated corpse known as Clive Davis would somehow change course and make Clay do an all cover CD now? :blink: Does not compute to me, but then what do I know? Of course, just because I'm not an expert doesn't mean I can't post my opinion over and over and over again like it's the gospel and if Clay doesn't follow it, he's going to drop off the face of the earth. Because, dontcha know, all record company executives are clueless bumblers.... B)

Edited by bottlecap

Eeeeee! We have our very own expert bottlecap, just like those other experts...You need a catchphrase, chickie...lemme think. Here it is:

I am not an Expert, but I play one on message boards. Listen to me because when I said I wasn't an expert, you know I didn't mean it!

Don't forget to extrapolate your personal experiences to universal ones...

So where do y'all think we'll hear the first single? Will it get a world premium on MTV or VH1 (if they still play music videos)?

KAndre, forget for a moment that I am just an accountant living on the wilds of northwestern Ohio. I know what I talking about because I have read some articles about the music industry on the internet. ;)

Clay will burst back into the national consciousness as part of the flashbacks of a major characters on "Lost". [i heard it from my sister's co-worker's cousin's best friend's husband who has a taco stand in Hawaii.] According to the script, he plays the younger, even hotter and more ruthless brother of Sawyer's character. If you replay last week's episode frame by frame, you can see the glimpse of the back of Clay's head in the reflection on a spoon in the diner scene. It not for sure, but at some point, he may have also hooked up with Kate's character in her run from the law. Their chemistry is rumored to be positively scorching. The new single is going to be featured at the end of the show under one of those character montages the show's writers like so much. It's going to be YYYYUUUGGEEE.

I know what I'm talking about. You can believe me. For sure. No, really. Honest. Would I kid you? If KAndre says I can be an expert, who am I to argue?

Bwah...that is the kind of insider news I love!!!!

But is it possible that he will also make some sort of cameo on Grey's Anatomy...you know they are absed in Seattle...Clay always has problems in Seattle...can we put that into the scenario, he breaks his foot or cause a major obstruction on his throat and they had to do an emergency tracheotomy...because it is so close to the vocal chords it becomes a much more complicated procedure ...Puhleeeeeze....