#1 - Ready for your constant state of celebration

BWAH bottlecap

I know some people are hoping for some concert footage...i really woudln;t mind it. But waht I want to see is behind the scenes clay...

I really think they need to show natural Clay...in all his snarky, take charge, kooky, playfull and just down to earth moments.

If I had a choice...I would go for studio work, photo shoot or JBT, JNT rehearsals.

Hey everyone,

Well I guess I will be buying about three copies that I know of ( One for the car, one for the computer and one for my DVD player) and probably another three for friends who are WAY TO CHEAP TO BUY THEIR OWN COPIES but IT'S ALL GOOD PEOPLE.

Lord, am I the only one that hear's OMC expressions in their heads at weird times of the day, :huh: like writing these comments and sitting at my desks at work (they just pop into my head and usually out of my mouth before I know it, like when I am talking to friends). LOL :P

I watched those clips from the Hurricaines games. Did anyone else notice but me (I am sure everyone did) the way Clay GROWWWLED during Invisible. Just nice!!!

Hope everyone has a great day.

G

Clayisms, huh georgiaclay? I used "Good luck, I wish you well" the other day to a departing co-worker that I definitely won't miss. I thought it was less rude than "Don't let the door hit you on the way out, dumbass", although to me it meant the same thing.

I was running around with "It's just not good" in my head for part of the day. No particular reason that I know of, just what the Clay voice in my head was saying today. :blink: I love that Kimmel episode, and I might have watched it a few too many times.

In Cary at the JBT, it seemed like there were many large cameras near the sound board. Also Jaymes was near the sound board too. They may have been tv cameras, I don't know. But that would have been a likely place to take concert video as they knew there would be a large turnout.

I would imagine there would be some concert video as that's when Clay really shines. I could also see recording video as many fans have talked about it. He could also include moving back to Raleigh with scenes of his hometown and old friends as part of where he belongs.

Now I am curious as to when the publicity blitz begins. Last spring when he started making nice with AI, I predicted that he would sing there when his new cd debuts. I still think this will happen.

Now I am curious as to when the publicity blitz begins. Last spring when he started making nice with AI, I predicted that he would sing there when his new cd debuts. I still think this will happen.

Fear0fH20, I agree. Every week when I see the incredible ratings for AI and the demographics it reaches, I have to think it would be a good thing. Especially if the lead single is a song that would really show off what I hoping is a new, mature, rockin' out image. I keep looking for clues in the Clay mentions, and so far so good. I haven't seen any serious Federov-type Clay-lite pretenders featured so far this year (except for that doofus in the commercial for this week's show. :rolleyes: Spare me.) We'll see....

Evening everyone,

This is WAY off subject, BUT I just got through watching the Halftime Show of the SuperBowl. I can say equivocably that I was NOT IMPRESSED. Okay, I admit it, I know the Rolling Stones are supposed to be "so cool" but I could not understand a thing that was sung. It was just NOISE, lots and lots of NOISE. :huh:

May be I am so spoiled by how clear Clay sounds (even in concert), that I think everyone should sound that way. :D

Am I way off base here. Please let me know.

p.s. Bottlecap check out my avitar (don't you just love a good piece of tail) LOL

Edited by georgiaclay

Don't worry georgiaclay...I get what you are saying.

I didn't listen to the halftime show cos I really don't enjoy the rolling stones...but I saw a bit of the pre game show...when I heard sign sealed delivered...the first thing that came out of my mouth was...thats just too weak.

yeah I think we have been spoiled by Clay's live singing. A lot of recording artitst don;t do as well live. They are good, but just not the same...

georgiaclay, what kind of girl do you think I am? I am pure and innocent and all about the shoulders, so pffffttt to you. :P Hee.

I saw a little bit of the SuperBowl pre-show, and thought John Legend was rockin' his Clay-style leather jacket. I was hoping the Stones half-time show would be over before Mick took off another shirt. :blink: I don't really need to see your abs, Mick. Eeewww.

:rolleyes:

To get back to DVD side of the upcoming Duel disk. I would like to see Clay without clo....

Never mind, got to get shovel to get mind out of gutter.

What I would love to see is Clay explaining why he chose each and every song, interspersed with his doing things he loves to do, hanging around with family and friends. I would love to see him singing to Papa. Love to see him with children. etc.

About cameras at concert scene, I would love him to release the JNT '05 for people who couldn't make it, can't afford tickets, get no clack, older people in homes, good stuff for students who can't concentrate around holidays have to be (Christian or Catholics schools), for boy and girl scouts, for church organizations, etc.

Paid some sleeze bag mucho dinero for Clay's phone number, but after I called and he quickly hung up, he changed his number. I guess his cell doesn't reach the East Coast and he's trying to find a better company. :rolleyes:

I was watching the video section of Bo Bice's DualDisc to see if it might give me any insight into what could be on Clay's. Keep in mind that, because of the format of the DualDiscs, there is only room for about 20 to 30 minutes of video.

Bo's video is entitled "A Day in the Life". It has some footage of Bo's appearance on the Today Show. He talks about going into the studio, but we don't really see any of that. He is shown throughout the piece singing a couple of his songs and playing the acoustic guitar. Bo sits and chills and talks to the camera, and is generally so mellow that I'm surprised he can sit upright. Some discussion of his family, musical groups he likes and that have influenced him, and the pressures of touring. Some shopping footage in NYC: belt buckles (yes, really), and guitars, accompanied by Roger W., RCA publicist extraordinaire (Party on Garth!). Bo signs autographs for little girls and gets lightly manhandled by some women who are old enough to know better. Some mugging for the camera between takes at a photo shoot. From the conversation, the video was shot before the AI tour in the summer of 2005. Total time - just over 21 minutes. Bottom line? Kinda boring and not particularly insightful.

Clay, dude, I know you can do better. How about the True Life NYC Adventures of Clay Aiken and the Amazing Anonymous Yellow Sweater Girl? B)

Claywright, I think you'll have to get your Clorn from another source...Hee. :rolleyes:

Doing the several times daily search on LYCOS has been a bit disheartening lately, but Clay remained at #25 this week, with the comment "Joyfull Noise". Last week's comment was "Still our American Idol". One of the moderaters at CV wrote a e-mail to Dean, who runs the site, and got the following response. I have queensmum's permission to post this here.

Just wanted to share this -- I wrote to Dean at the Lycos 50, thanking him for taking the "high road" with the subtitles under Clay's name these past two weeks and letting him know that his thoughtfullness was noted and appreciated -- he wrote me back right away -- I'll just post this little bit of what he said...

"...Tabloid trash like that doesn't have a place on the 50.

Also thank you all for being readers of the lycos daily column.  It is much

appreciated..."

The LYCOS Top 50 might not be that big a deal in the scheme of things, but I think Dean is aware of the Clay Nation's efforts, and as far as I know, has been pretty good to us. If my hits on his site help with his ad revenue, it makes it worthwhile to me. YMMV, of course. Just thought it was a little bit of encouraging news on the search engine front.

Roger W. / Garth - Glad my observation gave you that "D'oh!" moment, playbiller. I'm not sure how flattering the comparison is to Roger, though!

I watched last night’s AI Boston auditions with some trepidation because of the Clay wannabe promos. I actually think it turned out pretty well, although YMMV, of course. I could tell from the guy’s speaking voice (He was all nasally up in his nasal tm Paula) he wasn’t going to be a good singer. I actually thought his spazziness was more reminiscent of Pen Boy, Jon Peter Lewis, but really who cares about him two seasons later? Anyway, obviously, the guy didn’t have to voice, the looks, or the duck footed run of the original article, so pppffftt to him. :rolleyes: The mention of Clay on AI, though, again makes me long for a really kickass appearance later in the season. The AI audience, like it or not, is huge, and it needs to see the mature rawkin’ out Clay. Again, YMMV.

Also, because Clay’s name is being including in a lot of the recaps of last night’s show, the older stuff is getting pushed off the front page on LYCOS. At least that’s something. :)

Edited by bottlecap

Yup whatever anybody thinks of AI and his association, at this point that is what he is mostly known for. Until a CD of his truly makes an impact again on the world market... AI is his biggest promo opportunity. I think SAM went the opposite route of The Frim on this. Use the association as long as possible. ITs a stepping stone to get his CD heard once again.

Yup didn;t mind the delusional spastic Clay wannabe clone. The voice was totally not there and even the personality was off. Once again...Clay' great voice was noted.

Another theory I have seen around the boards...is that AI is gearing to have another cinderalla man...I say its possible. But I am not worried because these things can never be planned for or reproduce. What happened to Clay was real...faking that will just enphasize the great story Clay had.

Yeah I would like Clay to come out and do another kick ass single on AI. Just imagine BFM on that huge stage...EEEEEEEEEEEEEE....

I am sure that AI wants another Clay. The thing is, I don't think those kind of things can be forced.

They can present someone who looks less than perfect and perfect him up, but will he have everyday normal looks or those great cheekbones. I think TPTB still thinks standard and boring. I think they icked someone up and eventually pictures of them looking ripped will show. Look at Anthony, they tried to sell him as the new Clay Aiken in year 4, but it turns out he usually did not wear his glasses and worked out a lot. Heck, they even threw in the Traech! The problem is he did not have the vocal strength, he couldget out some good notes, it was just not consistant or as strong.

So they will come up wih someone who will have a good voice and they will fix him up, after they fixed him down and it won't be the same and they won't know why. Now who ever it is will have fans, but are there enough people to have the same kinds of fans. I remember when people were afraid that Bo and COnstantine were taking fans away from Clay and then the summer tour started and people who left for a while, came back,but had other people they liked andthe few who did not come back - well, let me say, a few I was glad to see go, they were a little extreme and Clay never seemed to make them happy anyway, better they go to otheres. Yes, hangs head, I am ashamed that I smile when I heard that Bob and Linda had changed to Bo (the Jesus hair I think may have influenced them.

Wednesday morning or midday (who knows!!! Worked the night shift at the hospital last night. It could be next Wednesday for all I know :D )

Anyway, after all the ramblings of a few minutes ago, the true idea of this post comes to light!!! I watched AI last night. Did not know what to expect (did not hear anything mentioned earlier about Clay) BUT when Paula stated to Simon about THE LOOK (Josh Groban song), I about fell out of my chair, onto the floor and was yelling for help (not literally, really, actually snorting). Did not really understand what Simon said, rewound the tape, still could not understand (need some help with the Queen's English, I really need help here (emotional or psychological; not real sure about either, LOL).

Digressing again (so sorry), when Ryan said that they were looking for another CLAY and they showed that DORK ie: which means really a bad bad imitation with no help what so ever for that creature, just pitiful really, if you think about it. :P

Question: Did anybody see the puka cells that some guy was wearing earlier in the episode. Reminded me of a certain redhead with big ears and freckles (As I have said in the past, "Don't you just love that man)".

I am definitely through rambling now. 4 more hours and I am back on the job again, can't wait.

G

Hey anyone still interested in a new project?

I was putting some videos up on youtube.com to amuse myself and I noticedthat as more people do that, it is harder and harder to find anything. Their search engine sucks and few things appear on a page. So I was thinking, when I finish what I promised, to create an index of the videos?

Does this sound like something you would like to host?