#1 - Ready for your constant state of celebration

Most of my house has NOTHING of Clay around -- I think my husband would kill me. *g* But my office at home -- heh. The showpiece is the RCA publicity photo with Clay in those nice jeans, the white shirt, skinny black tie and black jacket -- blown up to poster size (thanks to Shutterfly) and framed. It is gorgeous. My bulletin board in my room also has all my name tags from various Clayfan parties, one of my Shutterfly calendars (the other is in my office at work -- and they are two different calendars, easy way to use more pictures, get that couchie?), and several assorted pictures that I've mostly gotten as prizes at gatherings.

Now, where my Clay stash is stored is a different matter. I'm in the midst of cleaning said office, and my husband and I are going to invest in archival boxes for most of it. Then, it will be put in my closet in that room...which is outfitted with lots of shelves. I just have to get organized -- my resolution for the year. Heh.

I think it would be a monumental task trying to choose pictures for a Calendar. I think I would have to do a concert calendar...either make collages or blends of my favorite images...from all his concerts. Then I will have a Misc calendar...that would be my favorite shots from all over...

Unfortunately...I really don;t think I can put up a Clay calendar even in my office...I just won;t hear the end of the teasing from my daughters...so I will just Imagine I have one..

eta: well bottlcap I do talk to my computer and the TV...does that make you feel better?

I think a talking calendar would be great. It could have a touch screen, where one could touch any day of the week and find out what Clay is doing in his own voice. That way we could organize dental, hair and other appointments around Clay appearances.

Maybe it could be updated from the OFC or even better FCA.

The pictures would change daily. It could be set up as a screensaver on your computer or a stand alone handheld PDA.

Although the cost would be high initially it would pay for itself in 30 or 40 years. Just like our hybrid car.

Dream on.

Tell me about it. I've been working on my Shutterfly calendar for three damn days... finally I just decided to go look at other poeple's and steal their photos. Thanks ldyjocelyn! So my only question is it says the photos isn't high resolution enough should I pick another. I have 6 that I'm using that is giving me a big old warning sign. But I want them whine whine whine.

So Fear, you better patent your talking calendar idea...sounds like this is what most Clay fans want - and can you do it for $30? Snerk.

So, I have some random musings I'm gonna post before I finally log off for the night:

Do you think it was a big letdown for Gregory to have to go back to school after the JNT was over? It must have been kind of exciting for him to get all the attention and whatnot during the tour. I can't imagine what kind of experiences he had - hope not too many of them involved learning to identify and avoid people on "The List". I would suspect, although I don't know for sure, that Gregory misses his tutor a little bit. Of course, maybe Gregory is now the BMOC, and he's got all the 12 year olds fawning over him...

JNT Clack - I noticed William Joseph played a Yamaha piano, while the program notes specifically that "Clay Aiken uses Baldwin Pianos". Ooops. Maybe Baldwin pianos are good for dancing on top of a la "Great Balls of Fire" (definitely a Baldwin, not that I've watched Clack of that performance several hundred times or anything...), but not so good for "Carol of the Bells". Hummm, maybe I need to go start a whiny thread over at the OFC about the issue...

Seeing JBT and JNT05 Clack back to back.... I'll just say that if John D. is busy on AI5 when Clay starts to do promo and tour stuff for the next album, I wouldn't be too heart-broken. The short JBT haircut looked really good - nice and masculine and easy to care for. I was a little disappointed to see the spikes back for the JNT05. And yes, I am just that shallow. :P

Tell me about it.  I've been working on my Shutterfly calendar for three damn days... finally I just decided to go look at other poeple's and steal their photos.  Thanks ldyjocelyn!   So my only question is it says the photos isn't high resolution enough should I pick another.  I have 6 that I'm using that is giving me a big old warning sign.  But I want them whine whine whine.

You're welcome. I've read that the pictures that give you the warning will be fine. I never had it happen to me, because I used computer wallpapers that were a great size in my calendars.

So Fear, you better patent your talking calendar idea...sounds like this is what most Clay fans want - and can you do it for $30? Snerk.

Heh. I think that would be the perfect idea to get the fan club naysayers to renew their memberships.

:D

Regarding the hair, which is always the eternal question to a Clay Aiken fan -- I have a theory that he had the hair short during the JBT for one reason only...he was performing in the summer, outdoors, and it would be cooler temperature wise. In the winter, he wants that extra length to keep his head warm. You know, the guy who wears how many undershirts? I like the short look a lot...but I also like it longer but natural. Eh...it's just hair. I even kinda liked the mohawk. *blows raspberry at couchie*

Yeah, I know not everybody agrees about the hair thing, and I don't usually think about it too much, but seeing shots from the JBT and JNT back to back in a montage really made the contrast in the two looks obvious to me. So, anyway... :rolleyes:

Can I EEEEEEE! a little bit about actually hearing INVISIBLE on the radio this morning? I work in a cubical dealy, so I don't have the volume on my radio turned up very loud. The opening chords of Invisible came through loud and clear though, so I turned that sucker up and silently squeed to myself. It made me realize how anxious I am to start hearing Back For More or another new kick-ass single on the radio the radio the radio. And soon, please!

Yeah, I know not everybody agrees about the hair thing, and I don't usually think about it too much, but seeing shots from the JBT and JNT back to back in a montage really made the contrast in the two looks obvious to me.  So, anyway... :rolleyes:

Can I EEEEEEE! a little bit about actually hearing INVISIBLE on the radio this morning?  I work in a cubical dealy, so I don't have the volume on my radio turned up very loud.  The opening chords of Invisible came through loud and clear though, so I turned that sucker up and silently squeed to myself.  It made me realize how anxious I am to start hearing Back For More or another new kick-ass single on the radio the radio the radio.  And soon, please!

For me the song I am dying to hear on the radio is TRD...that song truly cpatured my heart...BFM too, I love it and can;t wait to hear it...but I don;t get emotional hearing it.

I'm usually fine with the hair too...don;t stress about it very much. My theory on JBT and JNT hair...he didn;t have John with him on JBT tour so they did this shorter hairtsyle that is easy to manage...not too many products. On JNT, John needed to keep earning his stylist salary so we had the high maintenance hair back...

My favorite hair is Uganda hair...

ldyjocelyn and couchie, I can do the calendar for $30. a year with a ten year contract. Penalty for early cancellation. That would definitely keep the OFC going for ten more years.

Right now my hair looks so bad I would be glad to have John fix it up, but I hate a lot of product. I'll bet Clay is just happy to have someone fix his hair so it stays out of his eyes.

It's amazing to me how hair is a major topic on Clay boards. He may keep these styles just to keep the fans talking and away from digging up his mom's grass.

Can I EEEEEEE! a little bit about actually hearing INVISIBLE on the radio this morning?  I work in a cubical dealy, so I don't have the volume on my radio turned up very loud.  The opening chords of Invisible came through loud and clear though, so I turned that sucker up and silently squeed to myself.  It made me realize how anxious I am to start hearing Back For More or another new kick-ass single on the radio the radio the radio.  And soon, please!

Hey...I forgot about something. I was shopping at my local mall last night for some baby gifts. I walked into Famous Barr, a nice department store....and I walked in on the middle of "Without You" being played over the store speakers! That put a smile on my face for the rest of the night.

I'm an "old fogey" (ha ha) who still loves listening to the radio, so I too am anxiously awaiting hearing Clay on my radio soon. The thrill of it gets me every time. I love it!

ldyjocelyn and couchie, I can do the calendar for $30. a year with a ten year contract. Penalty for early cancellation. That would definitely keep the OFC going for ten more years.

BWAH!

Right now my hair looks so bad I would be glad to have John fix it up, but I hate a lot of product. I'll bet Clay is just happy to have someone fix his hair so it stays out of his eyes.

*looks in mirror*

*decides to never pick on Clay's hairstyle again*

No more penguin jokes bottlecap?

The penguin posse is working on learning to form a avian pyramid in order fend off that slutty giraffe that was trying to make a move on the Aiken. No way they want to share their penguin quarters at Raleighwood with that long-necked tramp. If the Cluppy is smart, she'll watch her back, too. The penguin posse is very determined and protective.... B)

No more penguin jokes bottlecap?

The penguin posse is working on learning to form a avian pyramid in order fend off that slutty giraffe that was trying to make a move on the Aiken. No way they want to share their penguin quarters at Raleighwood with that long-necked tramp. If the Cluppy is smart, she'll watch her back, too. The penguin posse is very determined and protective.... B)

Oh god...you should look at the salamanders newest masterpiece So Bwah worthy...and yes it does show the Raleighwood quarters...

Ansa, I saw that masterpiece after I wrote my last penguin post. I almost wet myself when I saw the butler. :D (Waves to txflwrgrl, who beat me by a minute.) If Clay can get Number 7 on his resolution list accomplished, I would be eternally grateful...

New pictures on the OFC of backstage at the JNT. Nice shot of the white pants being hemmed (is that Gregory's mom or another mystery woman?), and of Raleigh guarding the suitcase. Otherwise, not that interesting. Really, how could any performance pictures that Clique would post be comparable to the stuff we already have?

Edited by bottlecap

Hey Clay has beautiful hair. I don't care how it's styled or not styled. Just stay away from the mohawk and Ruben's brother. I loved the Oprah hair so much I have it on my Shutterfly calendar.

I won't discuss my hair which needs its monthly detangling. I should just let it lock up like it wants to.

I loved the Oprah hair so much I have it on my Shutterfly calendar.

Which Oprah hair are you talking about? The TITN (which I thought was kinda cute, in a dorky sort of way), or the IWCY (which was cool, if a bit dark IMO)?

Hmmmm...I'm thinking we need to start talking about the socks next. Or the shoes. Or the shirts. Or something.

I've been rewatching the AI2 series...man, what a kid he was there. The hurl faces he was making on Wilcard results night were priceless. At the end...I think the only person on that couch who didn't know he was America's choice was Clay Aiken himself. Hee.

AI2 Performances - I have the Clay performances, but not the whole episodes yet. I now have a source for those and intend to download and start watching those again - I want to see all the stuff in context. Of course, I will have to try to fit watching those in between surfing the boards, watching the new JBT and JNT stuff that keeps showing up, and checking out the new AI season. Maybe I need to take a sabbatical from work.... <_<

Speaking of work, I brought MOAM in today, and am listening to it again for the first time in several months. Ya know what? I kinda dig that Clay guy. :)

LdyJocelyn: TITN Oprah hair.

With all this talk about AI2, how about we synch it up and do a chat and commentary about the eppys. Ansa and I have been talking about doing an extensive review section of AI2 for the website.... no time like the present. Anybody interested?

And how about a new main thread..this one is getting long in the tooth. Any title suggestions?

Title thread suggestion: Where We Belong

couchie, I like the idea of the AI2 review, but not exactly sure what you are wanting. Are you just talking summaries of the episodes? Reviews and commentaries from members of FCA? Since I'm going through the episodes and marking chapter points on them to burn my DVD's, I'm willing to at least be a part of it.

Watched Clay's portion of the Motown episode last night. "Girl you start the flame..." Gah. I remember watching that episode, and saying to myself, "What was THAT?"

EEEE this AI2 reveiw is fantastic...

We can start a new thread and people can re-watch episode and make commetaries.

We can do a scheduled one or just watch when we can and make comments.

I love AI2, not just for Clay but those were really good singers in that group. Even littel carmen has more vocal skills than the Dufflet...I also love their interaction, the judeges were also very real. I thought that was the last season that Paula made any real sense.

So when do we start this...

if people don;t have full epis...we may be able to upload them on FCA or on You send it...

When we are through with AI2...we can even revisit some milestone appearances like the Oprah visits or the SNL....

lots of possiblities.

I like the Where We Belong Suggestion...

BTW...feel free to suggest new threads or even new features for the board. We might have a long drought this time.