#1 - Ready for your constant state of celebration

Georgia, have fun with your ipod. It's the best thing ever invented. I love having Clay right at my fingertips.

I hope everyone had a marvelous holiday..now back to work for four before being off for three more.

Hopefully we'll start to see that calendar fill in a bit. I'm thinking if we are expecting a spring release, that some stuff should start to happen in advance of that..so maybe February or March.

Yup I am bracing myself for another tough winter at the Clay fandom...I think winters will be naturally difficult because...

a lot of us are shut in by the weather...and are looking for things to amuse us. After getting so much Clay news...the sudden lack of news can get really boring and unfortunately this means looking for things to complain and worry about for some people...

Winter does bring a lot of blues to people...and that gets manifested through anxiety for Clay and his direction.

There is a new project on the way...the all important 2nd CD. There is a lot of uncertainty as to the success of this project. This is not something the Clay fans can fix. For this CD to be successful...Clay and Team Clay would have to do it on their own. It will depend on his Publicity/marketing/PR machine to get people interested...but it is also up to Clay, Jaymes and RCA to make a CD that will have the quality that will sustain the public's interest, to earn respect of the industry and to have the legs to outsell MOAM. I don't expect the first week to be bigger than MOAM but I hope it continues to be in the Billboard top 50 for a year or more.

There is a lot of uncertainty whether the songs and the production of the next CD will be up to the quality and potential of live Clay. We all have such expectation of Clay cos we can see how much he can do. But will they be able to capture this through the recording process. They haven;t done it in the past IMO...I hope theycome close to it this time. I am hopeful that Jaymes attendance of multiple concerts helped her understand that magic.

Finally we are on year three. It has been a relatively quiet year in the eyes of the media and the industry for Clay. We all want this year to be like Kelly's year...that is a tall order because the music scene was just compatible to her sound right now...that is not the same case for Clay. So I think there will be a lot of people who will be comparing what Clay did with Kelly...and this may disappoint a lot of people because they have very different careers.

Now I personally plan to handle the next few months by working on FCA site...lots of features need to be updated, work on my own career and family...and just enjoy beautiful Clack as we wait for the publicity machine to kick in. I predict... once the CD promotions start...and the CD gets released...Couchie and I will need lots of help to keep FCA up to date.... Yup I will also need a new HardDrive...lots of Clack in 2006 for sure!!!!

What I'm looking forward to during the drought: The Return of the Montages. I miss those puppies - I want a "Best of the JBT" and "Best of JNT05". Plus all those special moments, set to just the right song... Fresh Clack is great, but I love the unique spin the Clay Nation montage makers put on all those lovely concert performances and photos.

Clay vs. Kelly - the comparisons will die eventually. (I hope....) I would expect 2006 to be Kelly's year to be out of the spotlight, relatively speaking, while she works on her next CD. I am encouraged by her success, and hope RCA has learned from her promotional process, and will apply some of those lessons to Clay.

[And at least we don't have to cringe when Clay does his live performances on TV - Kelly seems to have had problems putting together consistently good live TV performances in 2005, what with her persistent sound problems, not to mention the screechy thing that slips in every once in a while... :o ]

you know as much as I love the montages...my one frustration about it is that there is not enough montage set to Clay's songs.

I would love a kickass montage set to BFM, TRD, ICMYLM, JY, 1000 days...MGUCL and DSIAFCD....oh and the underused IBHFC. I want to enjoy Clay pix and videoclips along with his beautiful voice.

I tried to make a montage before but alas...my ancient computer is not up to the task. THe rendering is just too slow and I don;t have enough memory to make the work smooth...and I find that editing can be VERY furstrating. So to the montage makers...these artist...my hats to you!!!! I know how hard it is...and you all make it look so easy...

Ansa, if I am remembering correctly (why does the JBT seem like it was so long ago?), I think hosaa's Jukebox Treasure series may cut together the best of each of the new songs like BFM and Tears. You can find them on this page at All Things Clay Aiken, near the bottom. That may not be exactly what you're looking for, but I think they were very good at capturing various angles on the performances - maybe the first time each song was sung in concert? AAACCCKK, I can't remember exactly.... :blink:

Ansa, if I am remembering correctly (why does the JBT seem like it was so long ago?), I think hosaa's Jukebox Treasure series may cut together the best of each of the new songs like BFM and Tears.  You can find them on this page at All Things Clay Aiken, near the bottom.  That may not be exactly what you're looking for, but I think they were very good at capturing various angles on the performances - maybe the first time each song was sung in concert?  AAACCCKK, I can't remember exactly.... :blink:

yup I think I have them...but it is just of the first time they were sang. I am hoping for montage treatments like the others where pictures and all kinds of yummy goodness are put together...I guess I am getting impatient for a new Clay video.

edited cos kids of yummy goodness sounds really perverted... :P

I kinda liked that article Bottlecap. I think the guy actually has a similar sense of humor as Clay. He did go a tad overboard putting the bwah haha's after the paragraphs...but it was an interesting treatment.

I do see some old anxiety's coming out both from Clay and the fans...I just don;t take what Clay says too seriously anymore...I think these are all just his automatic answers now.

Some people have been writing the author of that article and he seems to actually like Clay. Here are some of his replies:

claysession at CH:

Thanks so much for the note. Clay was a great interview: charming, funny, thoughtful. He's far more complex than the media gives him credit for. Glad it came out in the story.

All the Best,

Sean Daly

Pop Music Critic

St. Petersburg Times

Butterflyshine at CV:

Clay is the rare complex young celebrity, a thoughtful man who deserves to be portrayed as such. Glad you enjoyed the story as much as I enjoyed writing it!

All the Best,

Sean Daly

Pop Music Critic

St. Petersburg Times

Another response posted on the CB by lsdollylovesclay

I emailed the reviewer asking if Clay really laughed like that and got this response.

He sure does. It's a great laugh, and he lets it loose early and often. Great singer, great interview subject.

thanks for bringing those over Roseviolet...I was thinking about doing it too. I also liked this guys intro to his blog...claims he was very much the geek growing up so he seem to want to be inlcusive of the "cool" and "uncool"...

eta:

Today is Jerome and Quiana's birthday...they turned 51 and 26 respectively...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Some excerpts from a brief interview in Florida Today:

On his appeal to fans

It doesn't matter how often he's asked, Clay Aiken said he still can't figure out why so many women of all ages are so crazy about him.

"I go on to some of the fan sites and I still don't have any idea why they choose me," Aiken recently said by phone. "The only thing I know how to do is to be myself and sing and play the stuff I enjoy doing."

By George, I think she's got it

Palm Bay nurse Mary Miracle, 52, said his appeal has a lot to do with how he sells the songs in concert.

Two years ago, she and a couple of girlfriends headed to Miami to see his first tour, where self-described Claymates ranging from "teenagers to grandmas were screaming just as loud as I was," she said.

Then she saw his Christmas show last year at the King Center in Melbourne.

"He may not be super good-looking, but his singing makes him beautiful," Miracle said. "He puts on such a fantastic show."

Pffft to Slimon

He said during his "Idol" days he was careful not to get caught up in the drama, and that included not taking snarky "Idol" judge Simon Cowell too seriously.

"I barely heard what he was saying," Aiken said. "I was usually thinking of something else."

Hot Pockets, perhaps?

About the CD

After the holidays, Aiken will return to the studio to finish a new CD. Getting it played on radio is not a priority.

"It's not short sighted to say we don't have a plan yet," he said. "But I certainly don't want to get stuck in trying to predict how the industry works.

"I don't really like to play to trends, and I don't know how long I will be doing this. So I want to enjoy what I do."

Echoes of the TV Guide interview earlier this summer.

eta: A link to a photo gallery or the Pensacola performance from earlier in the tour, also from Florida Today.

Edited by bottlecap

I'm back! Miss me? *g*

I spent 5 days away from my computer...and I was having the shakes by the end of the trip. Fortunately, I had downloaded BSOB onto my PDA before leaving. That got me through a LOT of the weekend!

I'm still running on fumes at the moment, and my husband and I are exchanging our gifts tomorrow morning. (Actually, just stocking stuff...we bought a big screen TV as a present to ourselves last summer). Then, I'm leaving again for another trip to my Mom's. Again, no computer access, and will miss the last cellcert besides. *sigh*

But I'm listening to the cellcert this evening. It's fun...Clay sounds to be in wonderful voice....

I got absolutely nothin' to talk about, but that never stopped me before.....

Content: I can't believe that tonight is the last night of the JNT05 - how could 40 performances speed by so quickly? And how soon will we get a chance to do this all again, for the Kick-Ass Endless Summer Drowning in Clack and Loving It Tour? Clay's not even gone yet, and I miss him already... :huh:

I got absolutely nothin' to talk about, but that never stopped me before.....

Content:  I can't believe that tonight is the last night of the JNT05 - how could 40 performances speed by so quickly?  And how soon will we get a chance to do this all again, for the Kick-Ass Endless Summer Drowning in Clack and Loving It Tour?  Clay's not even gone yet, and I miss him already... :huh:

sniff me too...but he needs to rest his voice some now...take a break...then we have him back again...

if people are bored and want to get drowned in Clack...I have a project or two in mind for FCA that I would love some help with. THis will entail having to listen to lots of Clay banter...if interested you can pm me.

I too am a bit shocked and upset that today is the last day of JNT 05. :( On the bright side, there is Clay's album to look forward to next year. Yet, it's not the same as being able to see Clay and breath the same air as him when you see him in concert. I will most certainly miss JNT, and I will miss Clay and everyone else who made this tour possible.

Today, I am happy and sad at the same time. Sad because of the tour ending. Happy because I FINALLY got the LTS Audio CD! Now I can listen to Clay WHENEVER AND WHEREVER I want!!!!

Does anyone else have the LTS CD? Isn't it great?

Yes, Jen, I have the LTS CD too. I think I listened to it in chunks when I was walking, which is a little tough, because it's hard to find a good breaking point where I was willing to turn it off. Since I only read Learning to Sing once, right when it first came out, this would probably be a good time to re-read it again. Huh, reading something besides words on a computer screen - what a concept!

Ansa, I'm not sure what your banter project is, but I noticed the other day that Measure of a Fan has some banter montages posted for the JNT05. I haven't checked them out yet, but I was reassured that someone was collecting them and cutting the clips together. Awwhhhooo HOOOO!

7 hours and counting until the beginning of the last show of the JNT05..... :(

Yes, Jen, I have the LTS CD too.  I think I listened to it in chunks when I was walking, which is a little tough, because it's hard to find a good breaking point where I was willing to turn it off.  Since I only read Learning to Sing once, right when it first came out, this would probably be a good time to re-read it again.  Huh, reading something besides words on a computer screen - what a concept!

Ansa, I'm not sure what your banter project is, but I noticed the other day that Measure of a Fan has some banter montages posted for the JNT05.  I haven't checked them out yet, but I was reassured that someone was collecting them and cutting the clips together.  Awwhhhooo HOOOO!

7 hours and counting until the beginning of the last show of the JNT05.....  :(

yes Jen I think we are all a bit sad...

Bottlcap...the banter project is about filling in our tour concert pages on FCA website. We have one page for every concert where we put pictures, fan recaps...highlights of the night, etc. We have a Clay said section that we didn;t have a chance to fill out...this is supposed to be transcripts of memorable quotes from each concert. So I guess I am looking for help to transcribe some of the banter...just the unique things he would say that is not part of his regular Spiel...Its amazing but I think something memorable always happens on every concert...or he says something noteworthy. I also need to put together a listing of socks...I have an outfits section in the pages.. and every outfit is the same...but then I realize I should put what socks he wore for every concert as well as put a picture up. I would have to go through each concert cellcert reports to figure this out. Oh I plan to fill in the ticketsales info as well...Its really a fun way to fill the time as we wait for the next exciting phase of the Clay AIken Journey to Superstardom...

Socks, huh? The Clayboard has a pretty comprehensive and OFFICIAL SOCK Photo Thread that may be of interest.

Hee. I love how our shared interest in some skinny white boy who sings good turns so many of us, no matter what our real life occupation is, into researchers, archivists, recording engineers, photographers, and number crunchers.

Evening folks,

I don't know what I am bummed out about, either the last night of JNT2 or the fact that I have to work this weekend (probably more about the end of JNT2) since I usually have to work the weekends anyway. The hospital never closes. Hey Bottlecap, did you get my present??? The elf with the red hair. I sent him your way!!! Told him to ask for the penguin lady LOL.

If you need any help, I can try, although, I am not very "computer savy". If you lead me in the right direction, I am sure that I can learn. It only took me 5 days to learn out to download by new IPOD, but it is now full of the Clayman.

As for the socks, they are so cool!!! Just love love love them.

Everybody, it has been fun talking to you the past month. Wish I had joined in the fun sooner!!!. Everybody have a HAPPY NEW YEAR and stay safe.

Here is to looking at 2006 and a new album.

Hey have y'all seen these...Clay is over Penguins...he has anew love now...sniff...

BGT_Aiken2.jpg

and look at the facial expressions...I cannot stop laughing at Jerome and Andy!!!

BGT_Aiken1.jpg

these were posted by ice dancer from CH. This is Clay in Busch Gardens...she has a friend that works for publicity of the park...

Ansa,

He might be over PENGUINS ( :( ), but there is one thing to say for our little furry friends in the north, at least they don't have black tongues. LOL.

p.s. I have actually had a meet and greet (actually closer than I want to recall) with a Giraffe at a Wild Life Park in Pine Mountain, Georgia. They do have exceptionally long tongues and they are black, but very friendly, especially if you have lovely pellets to give them.

p.s.s. I also checked out the sock clack from Clearwater yesterday. How cute was that. There was also some sock pictures that Bottle linked to.

Have a good night.

Giraffes, and penguins and puppies - OH MY!

Clay just has that animal magnetism, doesn't he? Wonder if he's on the phone with the contractor and landscaper of Aiken Acres about the possibility of adding a giraffe enclosure. Well, maybe not. Clay didn't look particularly happy about being tongued by the giraffe.... :P

Me? I'm still invested in the penguin thing.

The final show in Clearwater last night? Fabulous! Really great, warm and funny intros of all the cast, and it sounds like all the crew members came on stage, too. Clay ended the show with What Are You Doing New Years Eve. (Um, watching Clack that's currently downloading? I'm not a party person... Besides, after that lethal combo of DSIAFCD / WAYDNE, I am dead and pregnant, and so should not be drinking. ;) )

It's early, but let me be the first to type:

HAPPY NEW YEAR FCA! WOOOT! WOOT!

eta: After scrolling around a bit, I see one of our photographers extraordinaire has a birthday today:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUZZTECHIE!

May you always have clear sightlines, good lighting, and a beautiful subject to shoot.

Edited by bottlecap

HI, thought I would drop in and say what a blast I had last night. I could help transcribing if you want. I would actually do it in would where I spell and grammer check, so it would actually be readable! Not like typing quickly during the cellcert to make sure that you post your thought before the others do it!

Happy New Year FCA! I'm back from my vacation where I was a little more cut off from everything than I had intended. Didn't read any Clay stuff (or even most of my personal email!) while I was gone. It was a much needed break. Missed the penguin talk though. Will bottlecap be switching her allegence to giraffe's now?

Happy Birthday Buzztechie!! :lol:

I may as well add to the birthday wishes:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUZZTECHIE FROM GEORGIA.

Hey everyone,

Hope yall have a happy New Years Eve. Just got back from my second home (the hospital) and what did I find, some emails from my favorite people on earth telling me about DSIA and the to die die die for WAYDNYE. I know everybody that was at the last concert just about fainted when he started that song up in the back and made his way down the aisle and then danced with that little old woman (lucky her)!!!. You would have had to pick me up with a spoon as I would have just thudded all over the place.

I think I will just stick with the penguins for now, they are so much cuter than giraffes (also a lot shorter, LOL).

Thank you all for what you have done these past few months and hopefully OMC will hurry up with that album.... What should the next tour be called??? What are your suggestions???

See ya