#1 - Ready for your constant state of celebration

A Big happy bday to Carol1957bikes!!!! New York is supposed to be getting about 4-8" of snow tomorrow morning. I just hope Clay will be safe traveling to Rhode Island! I'm a little bit behind on posts, considering I haven't been here for awhile. lol.

Enjoy your night, everyone.

Edited by Jen

From demeter at CV:

A picture of Clay at the NY school in People's Star Tracks. Very, very nice jeans, btw. Will he maybe show up in the print edition? Did I mention the nice jeans?

buzztechie, you RAWK! Be very careful in your travels. We got 7" of snow overnight in Ohio, and it looks like the snow is now centered over the Northeast, as playbiller noted. I have to start psyching myself up to get outside and start shoveling soon.

GMA is ready to start the last half hour, and absolutely no mention of Clay, so I guess he's not on today. I'll have to be content with the Dear Santa gig tonight, and the Providence concert.

ETA: Definitely no Clay on GMA this morning. Maybe they really are saving it all for Christmas Day......

Edited by bottlecap

buzzie, be safe in your travels today -- and to all traveling to the show this evening.

I'm also sending good thoughts for safe travels for Sarge, the bus drivers, and the truck drivers for the show. I don't tend to worry about Clay all that much...unless he's traveling. For him to be riding in that bus last year to travel to the Detroit show scared me to death. I'm feeling the same way today...I want Clay's travels to be safe and sound.

I heard MDYK on the radio this morning! EEEEEEEEEEEEE! Long story: I knew about yes.com -- but 2 years ago, when I was searching it, it never had my area, we were too small of a market. Just on a whim the other day, I went back...and discovered they show the playlists for all my radio stations in the area. Therefore, I discovered that my local Contemporary Christian station (which I had forgotten about, it's really not my cuppa) has gone to an all Christmas format. According to yes.com, they have played Clay, but not a great deal. This morning, as I was driving to work -- MDYK came on! I squeeeeeeed! And then, I got so flustered when I tried to turn the volume up that I accidentally turned the radio off!

I love those Boston school pictures! I'm also very glad People picked up on the NY school pictures. Any word on if the picture made the store copies?

I'd welcome this couchie person...but I think she already knows that I love her. :D

Bummer on the GMA...but we have Dear Santa to look forward this evening!

Edited by ldyjocelyn

morning all...

Buzzie...take care and thanks for all the great pix. Safe travels to the brave souls going out to Providence this morning...that includes that redhead Angel-playing teacher-turned popstar...Clay! After seeing all the snow on the news today I will always be grateful we missed that storm on our travels home.

I am loving all the recent articles on Clay. I am glad that the reporters are starting to clue in that Clay;s answers are so interesting that its best to stick to a Q&A format.

Sorry Clay was not on today...but was this a confirmed appearance that was announced on the OFC. Cos its possible they will just use that clips for the Christmas song segment as they come closer to Christmas...as well as on Christmas day. I cannot wait to get the official version of MGUCL I need a version in my Ipod that does not have traffic noise in the background.

SO Clay was not on Today - that sucks. Of course I missed it because I had to go to Unemployment during the worst of the storm, carefully evacding accidents to find the office closed. Of course, they could not change the announcement that said they were open when you called to check, no, that would have been too hard.

Anyway, the storm passed quickly and I was left with 6 inches of snow and sunshine. It is starting to melt already but since I don't have to leave the house for a few days now, I will just let it melt, except the stairs. The roads should be fine for the rest of the day, they are mostly clear already, except around the unemployment office where they don't seem to plow and no one seems to shovel the sidewalk.

I think Clay's group probably traveled last night and the storm will be well past them when they travel again today. The good news is the new dog likes snow - like there was much of a chance she wouldn't. I threw snow balls and she tried to catch them, but could not find them in the snow, heh.

Edited by playbiller

Today presents one of the pitfalls of a winter tour (esp in the Northeast). I'm sure the buses made the trek last night when the weather was beautiful, but I hate for fans to have to decide between their safety and attending the concert.

I'm home snug as a bug in a rug catching up on Christmas cards and hoping to get to some of my other NYC pictures this afternoon.

You've probably all seen this latest bit of photoshopping genuis by the Salamanders from the Clackhouse, but I'll put it in, just in case. Just side-splittingly, brilliantly funny.

Skatejoy, when you hear that buzztechie and her camera have arrived safely in Providence, will you post a little note here?

Can I just say a little yeah for having a bunch of end of the year vacation days available? I'm all dug out, even though I don't have to go anywhere, and my mom is being shoveled out by her grandchildren, so no worries there. I've got Albany Clack downloading (I want to see tippy Giddyup Clay for myself), and NYC mp3s to burn. I see there's the possiblity of some new Skatejoy photos to look forward to. Of course, I'll also need to pry myself up off the sofa, and start baking some cookies and doing laundry at some point, but still....

And just so they don't feel left out of all the weather fun, I am aiming some virtual snowballs at our resident southerners and Californians. Duck! :P

>>>0 0 0 0 0>>>>>>

See you guys in the cellcert / Dear Santa chat thread tonight. Awhooo Hoooo!

Edited by bottlecap

Good news!!

Buzz is there safely. A 7 hour drive from Albany. I believe she's now in search of a good stiff drink.

Her report from last night was the Jerome was wearing a jaunty red scarf with his suit. And no one got pictures. I'm so jealous.

I got a few more pictures up in my 12/2 NYC folder. Not done yet, but I know some people get.... what's the word..... impatient.. :D

Good for buzztechie, but my shoulders hurt just thinking about white-knuckling a seven hour snowy drive. I hope she can hold up her camera tonight.

I guess I have written one (or seven) whiny posts about waiting for pictures. :P Sorry about that, Skatejoy. I checked out your 12/2 pictures. I particularly liked Picture 21, with Clay rocking out to "Jingle Bells". I don't know if Picture 28 was actually taken during "It'll get you, if you give it half a chance", but it sure looks like it. Gah!

Edited by bottlecap

OMG..thanks for letting us know about Buzzie...so relieved!!!

It must've been exhausting...I sure hope its an extra special show tonight!!!

Yes and that photoshopping creation of the Salamanders of CH is terrific.

From the OFC:

12/09/05 / CLAY ON GOOD MORNING AMERICA

When he was in New York recently, Clay pre-taped a couple of segments for Good Morning America. The airtime for that has been moved. You can see him perform “Mary Did You Know” on GMA on Sunday Dec. 18th, and “My Grown Up Christmas List” on Christmas Day! Posted by Team Clay

The program was well worth the wait. A striped suit, funky tie, a wide smile and a lip bite all in a three minute time frame (major THUD time). :P

As I said in the last post, Lordy Lordy, just shoot me now and get me out of my misery (LOL).

Can't wait for GMA. Hope tonight concert was good and Buzzie glad that you got to RI okay. Take lots of pictures.

p.s.s. I know why they put Clay on last, so we will watch the whole nauseating program except for the last 10 minutes. LOL

Squeeeeeeeee on Dear Santa! He looked so handsome....and sounded so purdy. I love him. I think I'll keep him.

Dudley just posted this on the CH:

Anyway, this is kind of cool. Was cruising around and found the following entry in a Matt Bronleewe blog (Bronleewe is one of the fellows who co-wrote "Compromise"). It's a late May 2005 entry, that sheds a little bit of light on what went down for that ASCAP Pro songwriter hoedown (tm finyanga) in Nashville:

Matt Bronleewe wrote:

I just got back from a big song meeting regarding Clay Aiken's next record. In the room were fifty (50!!!) of some of the biggest songwriters in music today, all vying for a spot on his record. Wild stuff. I think even those of us in the music industry didn't realize the level of competition on this record. The cool thing is that quite a few of us in the room are good friends, and right away we all talked about how we could help each other get some songs together for the project.

After the festivities had subsided, I got together with a couple other songwriters to discuss the spectacle we had just witnessed. One of the guys was completely bummed out. I asked him why. He said it was because he just found out, in front of everyone, that the song he had pitched for Clay's album had been rejected. Ouch. I consoled him with my story of once having a song of mine rejected by the Muppets - and let me tell you, when you are rejected by foam puppets, you've reached the bottom of the rejection pile. Oh well. You just have to dust off your boots and press forward, because right around the corner can be something AMAZING. Anyone in the creative industry has to quickly get used to rejection. For the creative professional, it's not just a common occurrence, it's a lifestyle.

I find this incredibly cool that Clay has all these song writers FIGHTING for his attention. And it sounds like it is good people too. EEEEEEEEE!

Well, it looks like they must have decided to scrap the album"so far" about April then, to go for better material. I can see where they would be open to any new material until they had a hard committment to get the album "pressed". I can't blame Clay for wanting better material if someone convinced him he could get it (JFnoL). Why not put out the best you can do. I don't think he has to put out one album a year when most people take 18 months to 3 years between albums.

Did you know eating too many Christmas cookies can kill ya? Blechhh!

So, I was taking a little break from Clay last night, and I watched a DVD of U2's Chicago concert. Great songs, very cool lighting and video effects, an enormous crowd, and the whole thing put me to sleep. Sorry, Bono! And by the way, I kept looking at Bono's meaty hands with the stubby little fingers, and comparing them unfavorably to Clay's huge pale paws. Why yes, I am actually that far gone, thankyouverymuch.

This evening, I'm watching the Michael Buble special on PBS. I love the big band songs (which. of course, Clay would kill on), and I hear Buble's song "Home" on the radio all the time. I might consider buying his album. However, a couple of things about the special bug me a little. First of all, Michael is using a mike with a cord. I guess it's supposed to look vintage or something, but it's just odd to see that in the cordless era. Secondly, his patter, while very funny, seems extremely rehearsed to me. Clay may repeat some variation of his jokes night after night, but he manages to make his banter sound much more spontaneous.

In defense of Michael, in person his banter seems very spontaneous and fun. And you'd never fall asleep in a live U2 concert!

Wallingford was good. Not as good as the NYC concerts though. That's my last concert for this tour, so now I just have to work on photos!

I'll just second what Skatejoy said...

Michael Buble's album is WONDERFUL. I love it! I caught the end of the PBS special, when Groban came out...and laughed myself silly. I knew Buble had a sense of humor from his appearances on the VH1 "I Love the..." things (and I would KILL to have Clay appear on one of those, although I think they are down to "I Love the 1890's" or something...), but didn't realize Groban was that funny too. And then, watching that...I was so hoping Clay would show up on that stage too. The Three Young Tenors, each with their own style...I'd die and go to heaven if that ever happened. BTW, I would also DIE if Clay would cover "Home." Beautiful song.

U2 live is unbelievable...and I haven't seen them in almost 15 years! My 30th birthday was spent with Bono and Co. in Chicago...still the best concert I've ever attended. (Clay will get there, I know it...)

Topic: Clay purdy. Sing great. I love him.

Skatejoy, looking forward to more pictures!

Not at all dissing U2 - just not quite as captivated by them as I used to be,and for some reason the Vertigo tour didn' grab me as much as some of the early tour videos. I think Zoo TV remains my favorite. I can't imagine doing the stadium thing, so I'll probably never see them live, even if tickets were available.

Thanks for the thumbs up on Buble - I'll pick up his CD. I'm also going to check the Beck re-mix that is coming out this week.

An online link to the article "Heart of Clay" from Christianity Today is here. This is the article that was in the November / December issue. I ordered the magazine online, and paid a bundle for it because of the cost of shipping. A couple of weeks ago, my sister very proudly presented me with a copy she had come across in the bookstore, thinking she would surprise me. She just doesn't quite understand the reach of the intelligence gathering operation that is run by the Clay Nation. No matter how obscure or off the beaten path the publication is, some fan somewhere will find it and post it.

I am currently listening to Bo Bice's new album on AOL. I like it, but it's very "poppy". I suspect fans expecting "Whipping Post" rocker Bo will be disappointed. Interesting.... I wonder how it will sell, I really liked Bo during AI4, and was glad that the show gave him the means to make a living doing the music thing. To me, the increased age limits last season really gave the show an extra edge. Not only did you have singers that had more seasoning and stage experience than in previous seasons (yes, I am looking at you John Stevens), you had a couple that were getting to the limits of their "Use By" date. AI may be evil, but it is very cool to me that guys like Bo, and even Constantine can finally get a music (or acting career) out of it.

I guess I should add a little more Clay content: The Camden Clangela picture by scrpkym - the biggest GAH that ever GAHed! The photo that launched a thousand photoshops....

Pretty quiet around here, so I throw in a links to couple of articles from yesterday.

Excerpt from Pensacola News Journal:

I got the chance to talk to Aiken for a few minutes by crackly cell phone about his Joyful Noise tour, which is making a stop Sunday at the Pensacola Civic Center.

I had about 10 interesting questions to ask Aiken. But when it came time for the interview, I was told I would have a whopping 10 minutes to talk to him.

OK, so I had ... five questions to ask him. Five searching, thought-provoking questions sure to evoke equally thoughtful responses.

Instead, Clay (we're on a first name basis now) and I spent the first three or so of our precious minutes discussing our Southern accents.

There's some old joke about getting two Irishmen together and hearing their accents get thicker as the evening goes along. Well, the same can be true for two chatty Southerners. It was as if Aiken's charming drawl triggered my genetic Alabama accent.

"Where are you from, Rebecca?" Aiken asked. "I know you're in the Panhandle, but WHERE are you FROM, girl?"

And out of my mouth, one of my cousins said, "Ah'm from raht here!"

Well, we twanged away in a mutual drawl-fest until his publicist broke in to remind me that time was a'wasting.

Hee, a drawl-fest and Clay's geography obsession in the same article. Another interview I'd like to hear the audio of.

An excerpt from the Washington Examiner:

He's been thinking a lot about doling out the yuletide cheer, but he's also smart when planning it. The tour stops in his hometown of Raleigh, N.C, on Dec. 22, where he'll have four days off to spend with his family.

Aiken has never missed a Christmas with his loved ones, and the first holiday he's ever not been with them was this past Thanksgiving, when Aiken couldn't change the tour itinerary in time.

"I've gotten used to not being home very much, whether it be a holiday or not," he says, laughing. "You get used to that. But at the same time, you have a really great group of people on the road - some of them have been with us for two years - and we kinda have become family with them.

"We know each other so well and we've become a family and that's how we spent Thanksgiving this year: We were in Louisville, Kentucky, we had a Thanksgiving dinner catered at the hotel and we all stayed together and ate together. It was almost as good as your family. In some ways just as, because there's less bickering."

Now off to read about the fall out from last night's DC concert which ended with DSIAFCD instead of Good News. Claymatized has a couple of photos of the hoodie under the white suit. How many layers do you think the man is wearing? :P

From what I've read of the cellcert (I was out at a Christmas party and missed the ding-danged thing)...it sounds like the Washington show was a bit fraught with problems. Didn't I read Clay saying something about that during the banter? Anyway...I wonder if something happened to the shirt, and that might have been one of the problems.

No matter...he looked adorable. I love him.

Off to a class for all day today. *sigh* I want to hang out and read Clay boards instead.