#1 - Ready for your constant state of celebration

I, sadly have no memory of "Take" from the Atlanta audition show. I do, unfortunately, vividly remember Keith's stunning version of Like a Virgin.

georgiaclay, I gave Pedro and the penguin posse at the zoo your best wishes this morning, and he said to tell you: "Hrwork, hrwork, hrwork". Seriously, those little dudes were very vocal this morning. I think they were yelling for their breakfast herring. Ummm, yum?, I guess.

I'll give this magazine scanning thing a shot.

Do you remember Clay's Ten Stupid Questions in Entertainment Weekly (7/23/04)?

This week's magazine (dated Feb. 3, 2006 - Kanye West on the cover) has Ten Stupid Questions with Ryan Seacrest, which refers back to Clay's answers, and includes a small picture of Clay at the Emmies.

Link to scan

The quality might not be the greatest, so I will transcribe it here:

Q:  When I interviewed Clay Aiken, he said he was the mayor of Nerdville.  Which office in which far-off crazy land do you think you hold?

Ryan:  Vice President of vanity, Metrosexotropolis.

Edited by bottlecap

Many thanks Bottlecap for saying HI to Pedro and Friends for me. Hope you had a good time.

Speaking of time, I was in a store today, pushing a buggy, just trying to kill a few minutes without really buying anything, and low and behond, what do I hear on the PA system "TA DA DA". Now I said to self, "Self, I know that song". It was "Touch" and the red headed freckle face man was singing it.

Now as you can please visualize (hopefully not to scary) a large white woman, swaying from side to side in tune with the music and silently singing to myself. I bet I was a sight to behold, but I really don't care. I was in music heaven for a few glorious minutes and was in another town from where I live. If one of my MANY wishes would come true, it would be for Clay to sing that song in concert, but since I understand his reason's why he won't, I will just have to understand. <_< (I don't like it but I understand).

Another thing, not to go on and on about "that certain subject" but it seems to have taken legs and now even the untruths are getting utterly ridiculous. That is all I will say on that subject. GARBAGE. As my momma alway told me "garbage in/garbage out" If you take in Garbage by listening to it, then that is all you spew.

G

Why, thanks georgiaclay, I did have a good time at the zoo. We have been having a spell of unseasonably mild weather here, so it was nice to get outside and do some walking around.

Man, I never hear any of Clay's songs on store muzak. That's probably a good thing, 'cause if I ever heard Touch in a store, I'd probably drop everything, squeal, wet myself, and run around in small circles until security came and asked me to leave. :P

The garbage stuff - I haven't been following the specifics too closely, but I'm getting the impression from skimming elsewhere that a certain party's story is changing by the minute. What do they do they say about idiots? Give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves. I have confidence that things will get sorted out successfully. Now, if I could just figure out if Brad and Angelina are already married / planning to get married / never going to get married / living on a commune with Jennifer and Vince, and if they're going to have a boy / a girl / twins / a litter of puppies / a three-headed space alien. I'm seeing conflicting stories..... B)

The Broads celebrate the Third Anniversary of "Take". It's leatheriffic. (Who knew? I thought the Broads only catalogued ties!)

I feel like crap from a sinus headache today, but I'm going to take a nap and try to power through AI2's Group 4 later so I can get to the good stuff in the Wildcard round.

Thanks Hosaa for that anniversary montage of Clay. Somehow I don't seem to get enough of OMC. What does he say when Randy says, surprised to hear that voice coming out of -------at this time, Clay spoke. Did he say "white boy?"

Going to download Group 4. I hope I get it, I couldn't get 3.

CD NEWS TO BE FORTHCOMING! (Is that an adequate paraphrase of the blog?)

AWWWHHHHOOOO freakin' HOOOOOO!

And how soon is "QUITE"? Normal people "quite", like within a week, or Team Clay "quite", like before the end of the year? Hee.

Well, that should give us something new to talk about for a bit.

bottlecap waves furiously at Ms. Tomato. Been missing ya lately.

ETA: The very wise 43dudleyvillas notes that album news / interviews typically show up first on mtv.com or billboard.com. That doesn't mean that will be the case for Clay, but it wouldn't hurt to keep an eye on those sites, if you are so inclined.

Edited by bottlecap

And a second blog entry post script last night?!!!! HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!

"Something different"? Like Mongolian polka different? Like low-note rocker dude different (pleaseeeeee)?

I'm reeling right now. Off to catch up on all the extrapolation and speculation elsewhere. I didn't really need to get any work done today anyway.... B)

I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that he blogged twice in one night...but I still love it.

The second blog made me much more excited than the first one. "Open your mind" -- so many possibilities with this one challenge (I see it as such). He's prepping the fans for whatever may come...rock, ballads, opera, jazz, country, CCM, rap, and yes, even Mongolian polka.

I'm ready. Bring it dude.

Tuesday morning, and Clay adds yet another addendum to his blog. He's taunting the albums guessers about not even being close.

Dude, if you'd get off-line and give that big interview to MTV or whatnot, we wouldn't be wasting our time guessing. PPPFFFFFTTTT to you! :P

Tuesday morning, and Clay adds yet another addendum to his blog.  He's taunting the albums guessers about not even being close. 

Dude, if you'd get off-line and give that big interview to MTV or whatnot, we wouldn't be wasting our time guessing.  PPPFFFFFTTTT to you!  :P

This is really killing me...my anticipation for this album is now higher! I hope all this teasing means it really is coming SOON (as in normal people's definition of SOON)

:o

I wish OMC would just tell us what he is "teasing" us about. My "old" heart cannot stand the strain (LOL).

So I have read the blogs and read the replys to his post. What do ya'll think is going on. Just trying to get another perpective on this (I tend to have some ideas) and I am trying to formulate them in my head (actually trying to get them in order in my "pea brain". Such hard work) :P

Have a very good day.

G

My best educated guess...he would have songs with strong spiritual leanings with strong message ...much like Switchfoot...keeping the pop/rock sound.

I think...if there was any arguments with RCA as to the direction of this Cd...I feel Clay got his way. If that is the case, I don't think it would really deviate from what he has said about it before...that it will be more suited for hotAC than AC or top 40.

There is only one thing I am hoping it won't be...a CD of covers...cos that is not goign to be good for his pop career. IMO. He needs a CD of original materials for his second mainstream product...he can do the CD of Covers later in the future.

Giddiness over the CD news is much better than angst the other stuff. I'm glad that Clay's having fun, but I would have liked a little more concrete information to go on. And as soon as I post this, he'll blog again, and make me feel like a big meany. PFFFTTTT! I'm glad that we amuse you, dude. As someone said a couple of times from on stage: "They're my toys!"

Bottlecap I think he is waiting for the official CD release news before talking about it...I think its all about his CD being "different". He wants the announcement to be coordinated. Now I suppose they are timing the start of PR just right. Let the other story die down more...then come out with CD news. I certainly hope that would be in the next day or two.

Yeah, I know Ansa, and my previous post probably came across as snippier than I intended it to be. I know that "It'll be ready when it's ready", and I very much appreciate Clay's blog entries. Lord knows the man has given us enough amusement, I guess we owe him some back. :P Pull those strings, puppetmaster, and I'll dance! :lol:

My guess - RCA now has the means to open up our skulls and hardwire in a music chip. Keep up your monthly subscription, or they change the music in your head over from Clay to Justin Guarini.

So does 5 blogs in 2 days catch him up heeeeeeeee! I love that boy.

Saw that he made the Star Cover but you know what..fuck them. Don't know what the story stays but he is not on the whole cover just a small photo on the bottom. I hope he just continues to ignore it all and forge ahead with his album plans.

I have no guesses. I'm up for anything...even mongolian polka!

Eh, I'm am so done with the gnats up the nose. I'm also going to take a little break fron Lycos'ing for the rest of the week - I think Clay can maintain his ranking without my searches. :P Besides, it takes away time I could be spending refreshing the OFC: Did he blog again? Did he blog again? Did he blog again?

I saw some speculation elsewhere wandering if Clay might have any Olympic connection, but that doesn't seem to be the case, according to this article from msnbc.com that discusses the artists that NBC willing be using in their Olympic coverage. Even though it's off-topic, I'll post a couple of excerpts, just because I find it an interesting mix of singers.

While Olympians like Bode Miller, Sasha Cohen and Apolo Anton Ohno go for the gold Feb. 10-26 at the XX Olympic Winter Games in Torino, Italy, an array of music acts will be going for the platinum.

Established stars including Andrea Bocelli, Bon Jovi, Whitney Houston and Lou Reed, as well as new and developing acts like Switchfoot, Flipsyde, Morningwood, the Donnas, Rock ’N Roll Soldiers, We Are Scientists and OK Go are hoping for a boost from Olympic exposure either through appearances on NBC’s commercials for the event or by performing in the nightly Olympics concert series.

I was a little surprised to see Whitney on the list. Is she healthy enough to perform? Lou Reed also seems like an unusual choice for such a mainstream event.

Acts on tap to give full concerts following each night’s medals ceremonies include Houston, Reed, Bocelli, Ricky Martin, Avril Lavigne, Riccardo Cocciante, Kelly Clarkson, Duran Duran, Anastacia and Ennio Morricone.

Again, this is an interesting list, as the article also discusses that the network is trying to attract the 18 - 34 demographic to the Olympics. I would think Kelly and Advil would hit that target, but I don't know about the other singers on the list.