#17: The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• .ni tif ot ecin os s'tI. driew adink lla er'uoy kniht I.
    • There's a soft rawness to his tone.
    • He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!
    • He's like a chameleon in a kaleidoscope.
    • Let Clay Aiken take you back.
    • I volunteer to polish his balls for him. I bet that would make his putter stand up on end.
    • Blog me Baby!!!
    • I am no-account cover lover.

Hmmmm....let's travel back in time....say, to one year ago today....

What was Clay doing on that day? Why, signing CD's, of course! (And rather cutely, I might add...)

gallery_11_15_531005.jpg

Jimmy decides to pay a little visit (notice Jerome hovering in the background)...

gallery_11_15_12199.jpg

Then, for some reason, Clay needed to get his leg shaved...

gallery_11_15_101570.jpg

And then...he sang...

gallery_11_15_15169.jpg

OMG, he's hawt!

gallery_11_15_11183.jpg

Yeah, I think I can like having my own gallery around here...

From CH:

ROGER AND OUT: After 13 years at RCA Records, starting as an intern and rising to VP, Roger Widynowski will oversee U.S. publicity for 19 Entertainment, starting next Monday (10/1). He will be involved with Annie Lennox’s upcoming tour, work with American Idol runner-up Blake Lewis and the Spice Girls reunion tour, among others. He’ll also handle stateside publicity for American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance and the new The Next Great American Band Show, debuting in Oct. (9/26p)

Let the theories begin!!!

Maybe Clive is mad at Roger for getting Clay the insider gig which gave him and ET connection and pretty much killed all the gossip crap that Clive was trying to spread in his quest to destroy Clay and make Daughtry king?

Edited by playbiller

Maybe Clive is mad at Roger for getting Clay the insider gig which gave him and ET connection and pretty much killed all the gossip crap that Clive was trying to spread in his quest to destroy Clay and make Daughtry king?

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: you know that Daughtery theory re: ALL IS WELL is my personal favorite.

But seriously, I can't tell if that is a promotion or a demotion. Handling publicity for American Idol - that billion dollar television show? Sounds like a promotion. But how easy is that...you just have to pick up the phone and say yes or no. <ok slight exaggeration LOL> Handling the Spice Girls reunion? Sounds like a demotion. Guess 19 wants an in to the American markets. Didn't a recent winner or runner up sign with 19? Sounds like a challenge though.....and hmmmm it pays way more than I'm getting ... heee back to work. But one less boogy man - so that's a good thing.

I say 'Buhbye' to Roger.

Anyway, I didn't like the way he was ogling Boyfriend in that picture where some personal tailoring was goin' on, you know? Not that I wouldn't be continually putting my own eyeballs back in their sockets if that had been I watching Clay get....

fitted. :hubbahubba:

oy...that picture showing Clay's jeans all rumpled on the floor.... :Thud:

By the way...what the Hades is THIS thing? Its rather limp physiognomy goes against all that's sacred to a smutter.

:865538451:

Edited by muskifest

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:you know that Daughtery theory re: ALL IS WELL is my personal favorite.

But seriously, I can't tell if that is a promotion or a demotion. Handling publicity for American Idol - that billion dollar television show? Sounds like a promotion. But how easy is that...you just have to pick up the phone and say yes or no. <ok slight exaggeration LOL> Handling the Spice Girls reunion? Sounds like a demotion. Guess 19 wants an in to the American markets. Didn't a recent winner or runner up sign with 19? Sounds like a challenge though.....and hmmmm it pays way more than I'm getting ... heee back to work. But one less boogy man - so that's a good thing.

Whoa, back up the truck. I don't know about that theory. Sounds interesting....anyone care to expand on that one. :whistling-1:

Edited by keldanker

The "All is well" theory is that there were limited numbers made to get idol fans in the store and then when they could not get AIW, they would buy daughtry, which was sitting there, instead. One idol is like another, no?

Edited by playbiller

The "All is well" theory is that there were limited numbers made to get idol fans in the store and then when they could not get AIW, they would buy daughtry, which was sitting there, instead. One idol is like another, no?

Hmmmm, that's interesting.... Beautimous Christmas songs not available so might as well buy Daughtry. :fca:

Isn't Roger one of Clive's favorites? If so, does this mean Clive might be taking care of him before he departs?

Well hell, you SAID to go ahead and speculate....

Could be, I didn't think of that. I just think it is silly to assume that new = better. I am guessing one of his assitants will be promoted to that job and, as I have said many times, I know Roger had a loose mouth this last release, don't know why, but that made some fans rightfully angry. Then on the other hand he got Clay that fan hated insider gig that really paid for itself a million times over with keeping crap off the medium and constantly keeping Clay's name public in a positive way, so Roger bought some slack with me for that alone.

I wonder if Clay will miss him? I would think he became a friend over the years or am I going to get stoned for saying that.

I won't stone you for that at all, because I had the same thought. It's really hard to say whether Clay and he became good friends or not, IMO, but they did have a working relationship and that sometimes turns into friendship.

Totally agree with playbiller that just because Clay's probably going to get a new publicist, it doesn't mean that Clay will automatically get someone better (or worse, for that matter). That's what always bugged me about the "he needs to jump ship from RCA" arguments too, because there really was no guarantee that things would be better at a different label. Anyway, most of this ventures into "Clay's business dealings" territory, and I just have no real interest in that. Or, I should say, I used to think it interesting, but more than a few fans ruined it for me. (Did I mention that one the other night in the chat with the question about how our fandom has changed? Because that's a biggie for me...)

Roger did some good stuff and Roger did some ???? stuff and Roger didn't do some stuff. Be interesting to see if his successor is better. If it is a female, we're in a better position. Women tend to sorta, kinda like Clay... :eusa_whistle:

One year ago... a whole day of Clay. I was in one line or another from 7:30am to 7:30pm. Spent most of the day with Windstar and her friend. FUN! I didn't think I cared about having an autograph, but getting to look into those eyes for 3 seconds made that CD very precious to me! :yess:

I was interviewed, but didn't say anything earthshattering... I thought of something REALLY good to say a couple of days later... :cryingwlaughter:

can someone test the gallery..it's supposed to be working now.

I made my first album in the gallery.... :whistling-1:

From CH:

ROGER AND OUT: After 13 years at RCA Records, starting as an intern and rising to VP, Roger Widynowski will oversee U.S. publicity for 19 Entertainment, starting next Monday (10/1). He will be involved with Annie Lennox’s upcoming tour, work with American Idol runner-up Blake Lewis and the Spice Girls reunion tour, among others. He’ll also handle stateside publicity for American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance and the new The Next Great American Band Show, debuting in Oct. (9/26p)

Let the theories begin!!!

:herewegoagin: Lawd Jesus! Please spare us the lunacy.

Sounds like a demotion to me.

Ah man, now we have to learn the names of the next group of incompetents working for RCA. :cryingwlaughter:

:Ahh: :dumb_people: :herewegoagin::cryingwlaughter:

I wonder if Clay will miss him? I would think he became a friend over the years or am I going to get stoned for saying that.

No stoning from me merrieeee. I can't believe a certain someone had the audacity to badmouth Roger to Faye, in a cellcert with her, but she did. Faye's response to her was that Roger had been doing a great job for Clay. So I have to assume that Clay was the source of her feelings on that matter. I can easily believe that Clay is happy for Roger's promotion and will miss him.

Having a new publicist doesn't guarantee Clay's going to be a radio darling, anytime soon. Or that he is going to have all that press some of his fans think he never gets. In fact things could be worse with Roger gone. Or what playbiller said already. The grass is not always greener on the other side. Like I always say, people should be careful what they wish for. Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers. :fca:

I was interviewed, but didn't say anything earthshattering... I thought of something REALLY good to say a couple of days later... :cryingwlaughter:

bwah..isn't that always the way. Yikes..I can't remember if I made it to the claymate reel. I know I said something, proabably quite stupid too. :cryingwlaughter:

I don't much care one way or the other about Roger..but hope the new person has a lot of connections and can think outside the box. I'm sure he was just one part of the "team" anyway.

Totally agree with playbiller that just because Clay's probably going to get a new publicist, it doesn't mean that Clay will automatically get someone better (or worse, for that matter). That's what always bugged me about the "he needs to jump ship from RCA" arguments too, because there really was no guarantee that things would be better at a different label. Anyway, most of this ventures into "Clay's business dealings" territory, and I just have no real interest in that. Or, I should say, I used to think it interesting, but more than a few fans ruined it for me. (Did I mention that one the other night in the chat with the question about how our fandom has changed? Because that's a biggie for me...)

Gotta agree with this whole paragraph. I read the announcement and went "oh god, here we go again". I just.don't.care.who.Clay's.publicist.is. Not my business. I'm staying far, far away from other boards until something else comes up to talk about.

Ok let's have a pool! How long after the new person is announced is there going to be another meltdown? This person is no good, heard to be bad mouthing their clients, is in Clive's back pocket etc. etc. etc.