# 19: Clay Aiken: glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!
    • Clay Aiken, star of stage, screen, television and our hearts
    • He's just a gorgeous piece of manhood
    • Our man for all seasons and so many reasons
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • Looking forward to our Christmas romp in the snow with our Boyfriend!
    • GAHHHHH A main course of sexy, considerate, cute, hot, humble, witty, wise (& wise-ass) Clay for dinner, and then a helping of Teacher Clay for dessert. Life is good!
    • "What do you like?" Clay asks the little girl Sierra. And she said "I like you" She has good taste.
    • He has always been all that he is now, which is much more than he has often been given credit for, and even less than he is yet to become.
    • I think the world will always need Clay Aiken more than Clay Aiken needs the world. He is a realist; a survivor, and a star no matter how badly someone cuts his hair.
    • Was he beginning to get a clue that life would never be the same?
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • "Seriously, if I get any more excited about Clay being in Spamalot, I may spontaneously combust!"
    • "Spam me, baby!"

:6: FromClaygary and spikesmom, care to donate finished aticles to the StripedSockSirens sale? Anything fiber-related (knitted, crocheted, cross-stitched latch-hooked, woven, dyed, spun, shorn, etc) would be very welcome!

You bet - I'd love to donate some stuff! I better go check out your blog and see what's up. I'll take a look through my stash of stuff and see what I think would pass muster... if I have any questions, I'll pm you if that's ok.

keepingfaith you did the right thing submitting your story. It just so happens my two of my most favorite things are Joy to the World and Three Dog Night who sang it sooooo well. The story could be a show stopper and my money is on the win. You'll have to pick someone with dramatic flair to read the story in the event you really aren't going to be there.

I totally agree that you're a shoo-in to win!!! It's a great story and fun as all get out! Good luck!

My busy global life? Well, I did homework all day and am still in the middle of that kind of stuff. My second bathroom looks like a mini Sam's Club since I'm gathering food to ship to Azerbaijan in January. The yellow house seems to be secured, according the the agent who had a little trouble with the negotiations when our requests were mistranslated to the landlord and the landlord got a little incredulous. I think that's all straightened out now and I have a home. I also have a generator and a second 5000 liter water tank on the way.....since I learned that "water every other day" means from 3PM to 9PM on that "other day" and when the unstable power grid knocks you out of the loop, the pump on the tank that's supplying the water isn't going to work and supply you with water. Power outages are fairly commonplace so I needed to be able to run the pump, the fridge and the modem. I can use the glow from the laptop monitor for light. Thank goodness it IS a laptop so I'll be able to brush my teeth by it. I find it hilarious that I have a 7500 square foot brand new house that doesn't have guaranteed basic services. I'm trying to make it as self-sufficient as possible. The posts about being on wells here reminded me that my big water tanks are just that....wells. Too bad the water wasn't drinkable, though. I also found out that shipping dry and non-perishable food is cheaper than buying it over there. Well....in the expat stores anyway. I didn't get to Ramstorewhen I was there, but I hear that Ramstore bread is 15 cents. John gets to shop for the furniture because I can't go back over there between now and Christmas.....and do Clay at the same time. I'm telling myself it isn't all that important since we aren't going to own this furniture anyway. John is nervous but I have every confidence he'll do fine with it. And when I am sitting on some really really heavy masculine living room sofa.....it'll all be Clay Aiken's fault. Like everything else.....

I haven't been posting much but I am here most of the time. I've been nodding along every day with everyone's posts. I have my dentist appointment on Monday and all of those shots I have to get before I move....those are next week. Somehow before I go, I have to squeeze in all that medical stuff. Eye exam...check. Gee....that was a tough one, eh? But it's over.

I hope I get some time to write a story to enter. I have no idea if I would ever have the guts to get up on stage with it, and yet, to read someone else's story wouldn't be hard at all. Weird. I have a couple of funny ones in the back of my mind and I think it might be worth doing just because I like the idea that he's reading them himself....in his jammies....on his bed....late at night.....when everyone else is in bed. Yep.

Once upon a time....

A cellstream from CV? Very cool....thanks to everyone who's reporting tonight! Can't wait!

I'm trying to think of this as practice for the CITH cellcerts, but man, the reception is staticy. At least for the concert cellcerts, you know the male voice you can hardly hear is always Clay. With this, it's "Is it Clay yet? Huh? Huh?"