#66: "I'm Clay Aiken, and I Approved This Message!"

merrieeee

Recap of Gala weekend from Marilyn at CV, reprinted with permission:

As with everyone else, I had a MAHVELOUS time!!

Friday night was superb- rounding the wall for the pics and seeing that welcoming smile was absolutely the BEST thing. I even got a couple of personal remarks- one was an actual compliment!

My friend Betty, who is 90 years old, actually got to have her picture taken with him- she was so thrilled!! When Clay came round the tables at the Gala, he asked her when she had turned 90- she said in June- and could she say something? He said yes, and she told him

she had lived 90 years, and followed him for 10 of them, and she had never had a meet and greet-but she was having one now!!!

He had bent his head down close to hear her, and he said, "You sure are!!' He was so sweet to her!

Friday night after pics, Clay and the other folks answered questions that had been sent by attendees concerning the Foundation- and they were good. They are truly trying to build corporate and other relationships.

Saturday I enjoyed the International Festival with the other gals- I could have spent much more time there. I was annoyed that I had eaten so much at breakfast, because I wanted to sample all the cuisine from other countries- Belgium, Laos, India, Greece, Turkey, Iran, Holland, France, Italy, Korea, and many other countries. I DID have some baklava and that delicious drink Marlene described-from the Egyptian tent.

Each country had a little booth made to look like a little store, around the perimeter of the fair. Inside, around the center of the huge cavernous room, many countries and organizations had booths-some sold jewelry, clothing, artifacts, etc. and some were decorated with beautiful photographs of their country. The Russian booth had tons of carvings and Christmas items, including many of the little nesting dolls that are popular from Russia.

I could have spent much more time, but we had to get back and bid at the silent auction if we wanted anything. There were Claycentric items, but also many other things-gift baskets, jewelry, hand made Christmas decorations, toys, etc. At first we wondered if there would be enough bids, but we had started early. When we went back at 2:45, fifteen minutes before the auction closed, almost every item had a bid.

Saturday night- the dinner was absolutely delicious. Our table was almost in the middle so we had a great view of the stage. Faye and Nick were actually at the table in front of us, but Clay was over about four tables and sat with Diane Bubel. When he took the selfie from the stage you could see our table in the background.

The honorees were absolutely tear inducing- but they have accomplished so very much, and it was an honour to listen to what they had to stay and applaud their stories.

Clays voice was superb-it was soft, it soared, and it was clear and wonderful. He started with "Bring Back my love" and I so wanted him to!!

There were more presentations, then they showed a video of the kids at camp and he sang "Because You loved me" at various times through the video. The stage was dark but he was backlit, and his profile was GAWJUSS- just wonderful!! Finally at the end he sang "If It wasn't for your love".

Every word was a thank you to us, his supporters. Brought tears to my eyes, but gave me great joy. If you didn't think he was thankful, or loved his fans, that song would have changed your mind.

He's so sweet with the 90 year old woman!

In other news...I'm WAY behind. Thank you merrieeee for bringing the links over at least. I'll try to catch up with the pictures tomorrow night, and will have articles to post in the news thread besides. Too much going on, both in RL and in Clay land!

Short snippet of Clay talking to Larry King's online show on ora.tvf (I get this via Apple TV as well, so I'll be able eventually to watch the full interview on my big screen!).

http://www.ora.tv/po..._medium=twitter

ETA: MORE clips!

Clay Aiken Sounds Off on Domestic Violence

www.ora.tv/politicking/clay-aiken-sounds-off-on-domestic-violence-0_3ep2ckxlbvyw

Clay Aiken Sounds Off on Domestic ViolenceSep 23, 2014 … Entertainer-turned-Democratic-candidate for U.S. Congress Clay Aiken talks to Larry King about headline-grabbing domestic violence cases and says society should do a better job of preventing such violence before it begins.

Clay Aiken Gets a Little Help From His American Idol Friends For His Congressional Campaign

www.ora.tv/politicking/clay-aiken-gets-a-little-help-from-his-american-idol-friends-for-his-congressional-campaign-0_2ainxyevmgyy

Clay Aiken Gets a Little Help From His American Idol Friends For His Congressional CampaignSep 23, 2014 … Entertainer-turned-Democratic-candidate for U.S. Congress Clay Aiken tells Larry King which former American Idols are helping with his effort to unseat Republican incumbent Renee Ellmers for North Carolina's 2nd District.

Clay Aiken Wants to Serve on Veterans' Affairs Committee If Elected to Congress

www.ora.tv/politicking/clay-aiken-wants-to-serve-on-veterans-affairs-committee-if-elected-to-congress-0_28vj1bl52xqi

Clay Aiken Wants to Serve on Veterans' Affairs Committee If Elected to CongressSep 23, 2014 … American Idol star Clay Aiken tells Larry King about his post-election plans in congress if he successfully unseats Republican incumbent Renee Ellmers in North Carolina's 2nd District.

PREVIEW: Clay Aiken On Why He's Quitting Entertainment for Politics (no Clay)

www.ora.tv/politicking/preview-clay-aiken-on-why-hes-quitting-entertainment-for-politics-0_4kikprlqmxy2

PREVIEW: Clay Aiken On Why He's Quitting Entertainment for PoliticsSep 25, 2014 … American Idol star Clay Aiken tells Larry about his push to unseat Rep. Renee Ellmers (R-NC), and what Rosie O'Donnell said that motivated him to enter politics. Plus, his views on Obama's response to ISIS & which former Idols are helping his campaign

Hi Everyone,

We're less than a week away from the bowling event in NYC!!! Many people have already made their donation and will have a chance to receive some pretty unique pieces of memorabilia from the event. Here is a special sneak peak of one of these items:

There is still time to make a donation and become eligible!

Please click this link for more information and to make a donation: http://clayaiken.ngpvanhost.com/form/-5791768299686590720

Looking forward to seeing you at the lanes!

Nick Leisey

Finance Director

Clay Aiken for NC

Paid for by Clay Aiken for North Carolina

Clay for North Carolina

PO Box 3809

Cary NC 27519-3809 United States

If you believe you received this message in error or wish to no longer receive email from us, please unsubscribe.

NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR CONTRIBUTION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Contributing will not improve chances of winning. Void where prohibited by law. Entries must be received by October 2nd, 2014. Promotion open only to U.S. citizens, or lawful permanent U.S. residents who are legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico and 18 or older (or of majority under applicable law). Please email eric@clayaiken.com to enter without making a contribution. Sponsor: Clay Aiken for NC, PO Box 3809, Cary, NC 27519

myfox8.com

Clay Aiken Campaigns for Congressional Seat in Asheboro

Clay Aiken campaigns for congressional seat in Asheboro

POSTED 10:39 PM, SEPTEMBER 25, 2014, BY KIM WYNNE

ASHEBORO, N.C. — Democratic Congressional candidate Clay Aiken spoke to Randolph County Tea Party members Thursday less than two months before the Nov. 4 midterm elections.

The former American Idol star is running against GOP incumbent Renee Ellmers who has won the second district which covers most of Randolph and Alamance Counties for the past two terms.

Although the district is mostly known to favor conservative candidates, Aiken thinks voters will see past party lines.

“I think it’s insulting to imply that they are always voting for a party versus always voting for a person or a policy,” Aiken said.

“The second district is a population of independent minded voters.”

Aiken addressed issues he plans on tackling head on if elected like jobs, education and helping veterans transition into civilian life.

“We’ve got the strongest military in the world and then we abandon them once we have no use for them anymore,” he said. “That’s an embarrassment.”

Aiken and Ellmers will have their first debate in Pinehurst on Oct. 6.

Ellmers will also talk with Randolph County Tea Party members on Oct. 9.

Video at the link as well!