# 68: The Absurdly Charming Clay Aiken

ldyjocelyn

ninna, the picture isn't there....

Anyone for Halloween plans? My husband and I are vacating the house -- we have tickets to see Straight No Chaser tomorrow evening, and so we're going to leave the house early and go out for dinner first. I didn't even buy candy this year!

Don't forget this is fall back weekend too!

Did everyone have a great Halloween? Our Straight No Chaser concert last night was fantastic. They are so much fun, and I love that they take acapella in totally unexpected ways. Nirvana? Radiohead? "Uptown Funk" mixed with "Thriller?" All quite excellent!

I hate this time change. It's not even 9 pm, and I'm ready for freakin' bed!

I hope Clay is doing something worthwhile....

I don't think he's telling us what's been happening to him. There's been several Chipotle stores in Washington and Oregon that have been closed due to eColi infections. Not a good situation.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/chipotle-linked-e-coli-outbreak-jump-cases-expected-n455556

I hope that's not why he's been missing, anyway....

Clay just shared this on Facebook:

See... The problem with being a moderate is that you get hit from both sides. You're not conservative enough for the conservatives and you're not liberal enough for the liberals. And, as a result, too often both sides tune you out or write you off.

If you're a Democrat, you probably don't like Chris Christie because he's a Republican.

If you're a strong Republican, you probably don't like Chris Christie because he's not conservative enough for you (and, gasp, he thanked Obama after Sandy hit NJ)

The truth is, however, that many the solutions that are going to improve our economy and the lives of the people in this country are going to come from someone who understands that we have to set aside ideology and politics to actually care about people and solutions.

Chris Christie seems to have the balls to do that more than most of the GOP candidates. He shouldn't be punished for that.

I'm not sure I would vote for Chris Christie in a general election over a qualified and open minded progressive. But I guarantee you he would have a better chance of getting my vote (and the votes of the middle of the country) than the vast majority of the extremist candidates (including Rubio and Bush) who seem to be excelling in the GOP primary. Republicans would be wise to remember that.

Something Clay MAY be attending this weekend, a memorial service for Mike Nichols (original director of Spamalot, plus a lot of other great movies and plays).

http://www.showbiz411.com/2015/11/03/monty-pythons-eric-idle-john-cleese-among-performers-set-for-mike-nichols-memorial

Good morning all! I'm in meetings all day today, and will only have my phone and iPad (only...heh) to check things. Be good y'all!

A few more pictures from the Aid for AIDS benefit:

http://www.patrickmcmullan.com/site/search.aspx?t=person&s=Clay%20Aiken