How the Heck are We All Gonna Get Along? With Clay, Naturally!

3 hours ago, Mik4clay said:

Have we not seen this picture before? He’s had it as a profile pic in the past I do believe.

We have seen it...but he keeps changing the colors.  I remember it with a black bow tie; this one is green.

Ironically, green is my favorite color,  this one reminiscent of his campaign colors...

i like this one vs same profile photo with black bowtie, jacket...

😉 photo history links back even further--tan jacket, red bowtie, same plaid scarf, AND silver hair (is this another one of clay's subtle hints?)

https://marriedbiography.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Clay-Aiken.jpg

I have a pretty good memory when it comes to numbers, so I’m pretty sure this is the day of a special person with a special Birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Clay fan bestie ldyjocelyn!!!!

and because I remember also the number of her age.. I’ll stop right there, mostly because I’m the same number next month😆😜

Have a great day!! 🥳

• Like 1
9 hours ago, jmh123 said:

My memory, on the other hand....  I knew the number, but not the day of the week, lol. Ah, but in y'alls Time Zone, I think it's still Sunday, right??

Yes, you made it!  (Just barely...LOL!)  Thank you...

It was a great weekend, with some touches of icky.  Friday I took a day off -- had to get an allergy shot (not totally fun but necessary), then a massage (GREAT!), and then lunch with my husband and I met a few of his new co-workers.  After that I had a car appointment for a tire rotation -- only to find out that my rear brakes, while still useable and safe, need to be replaced and the front ones are close to needing that as well.  They didn't have the parts, so I'll have to go back sometime this week.  After that fiasco, we had a pizza dinner with friends.  Saturday was a shopping trip to an outlet mall about two hours away -- found some shoes and a Lindt chocolate outlet.  Then my husband and I had a nice seafood dinner, where he gave me a Swarovski crystal jewelry set.  Yesterday was a visit to a local apple orchard and then the best fried chicken in our area.  And then, last night, we had some storms roll through -- major wind, 2 inches of rain, but nothing serious, thank goodness. It was a great way to celebrate.

• Like 1
On 10/11/2021 at 6:21 PM, ldyjocelyn said:

Totally forgot to watch this tonight!  Bad fan, right?

Revisited this video podcast by Patrick Cassidy from year ago.

Was Patrick on to something when he prognosticated Clay's future??😁 (@time stamp 7:58-8:15) 😁

Hope to hear about his turn on WoFL!!

• Like 1
14 hours ago, beanerknits said:

Revisited this video podcast by Patrick Cassidy from year ago.

Was Patrick on to something when he prognosticated Clay's future??😁 (@time stamp 7:58-8:15) 😁

Hope to hear about his turn on WoFL!!

I'll have to find time to relisten to that!  

Clay doesn't start with WoF until the middle of October.  I'm waiting patiently...I think...

Can you believe it's been 14 years since this?  Whoa.  So much has changed...

cover-13-0986b1ecdf0540818d35ed4d39b3b1b4.jpg

I'm reading that a few of the WoFL shows are being cancelled, due to "scheduling conflicts."  That's sad, because I think that's code for "low ticket sales." Erie, PA is one of them (and that's been confirmed).  Albany, NY is another one, but I can't find confirmation on that yet.

ETA: it's the Kingston, NY show that has also been cancelled.

7 hours ago, ldyjocelyn said:

I'm reading that a few of the WoFL shows are being cancelled, due to "scheduling conflicts."  That's sad, because I think that's code for "low ticket sales." Erie, PA is one of them (and that's been confirmed).  Albany, NY is another one, but I can't find confirmation on that yet.

ETA: it's the Kingston, NY show that has also been cancelled.

Guess this makes 3rd show cancelled so far....Ashland, KY ironically would have been today 9/29, with cancellation initially posted on FB ~9/13.  So far, no weekend shows impacted yet. 

10 hours ago, beanerknits said:

Guess this makes 3rd show cancelled so far....Ashland, KY ironically would have been today 9/29, with cancellation initially posted on FB ~9/13.  So far, no weekend shows impacted yet. 

True, I forgot about that one.  But -- the two I mentioned were ones hosted by Clay.  The Sept. 29 show was Walberg's.  

My opinion:  I think the big city/coastal areas aren't all that jazzed about WoF to begin with, so those shows aren't selling well.  The Midwest, though?  We seem to love us some WoF.  I looked at the Iowa City show to see how it's selling, and it seems to have a pretty good sized crowd.  (Not sold out, but many more tickets than some of the other shows I've looked at.)

13 hours ago, ldyjocelyn said:

True, I forgot about that one.  But -- the two I mentioned were ones hosted by Clay.  The Sept. 29 show was Walberg's.  

My opinion:  I think the big city/coastal areas aren't all that jazzed about WoF to begin with, so those shows aren't selling well.  The Midwest, though?  We seem to love us some WoF.  I looked at the Iowa City show to see how it's selling, and it seems to have a pretty good sized crowd.  (Not sold out, but many more tickets than some of the other shows I've looked at.)

I have no doubt WoFL will be around for awhile.  Working out the bugs with inaugural season.  {New trivia for me:  Price Is Right Live! still around since 2003!}

Are you going to the Iowa City show?  

I saw another change ......Walberg's Oct 6 in Philly now rescheduled to 2/23/2023!  

17 hours ago, beanerknits said:

I have no doubt WoFL will be around for awhile.  Working out the bugs with inaugural season.  {New trivia for me:  Price Is Right Live! still around since 2003!}

Are you going to the Iowa City show?  

I saw another change ......Walberg's Oct 6 in Philly now rescheduled to 2/23/2023!  

Good point about this being the inaugural season!

Iowa City and Rosemont are the two closest shows to me, but both are on bad days for me, because of church obligations (plus in the case of Iowa City, regular work).  I'm still thinking though.

7 hours ago, ldyjocelyn said:

Good point about this being the inaugural season!

Iowa City and Rosemont are the two closest shows to me, but both are on bad days for me, because of church obligations (plus in the case of Iowa City, regular work).  I'm still thinking though.

Another change. Clay's Oct 21 in Akron rescheduled to 3/1/2023.

As of right now, Clay takes the wheel in 12 days!  

And, if you do get to a show, I'm expecting a very detail writeup, lots of pictures  😊😉