How the Heck are We All Gonna Get Along? With Clay, Naturally!

Hey gang!

Boy, Clay has been quiet lately, hasn't he?  I hope he's doing OK and enjoying life!

FYI, I'm taking a short vacation next week, and will be offline as much as possible during daylight hours.  Trying to do the "unplugged" thing, although I'm sure I'll be checking my iPad before going to bed every night.  If Clay continues to stay quiet, this may not be a bad thing for the board though!

Ill be away too! Hiking the Mts of Wyoming.. grizzly bear country 😬

Thanks for keeping us up to date  ldyj, even if there is nothing to report...speaking of date, I’ll just pretend Clay is busy pursuing a love interest.. that will keep me happy

see y’all later.. I’m off to the rodeo 🏇

Got home last night from a bike tour.  Campground we were at had no wifi and cell coverage not always great.  So pretty much offline for the week.  We had a very hot week of riding so we cut some days short(we stayed at one campground and rode out every day, so could do what mileage we wanted) We rode from 32-67 miles per day.  Temps were around 90 wi'th high humidity.  Luckily we were in our small motorhome so we could use the air.  We are home a week then another bike trip that we will be riding about 10 days.  Again from one point so can do whatever miles we want.  Temps look like they maybe around the mid 70's which will be ideal.  Hope everyone is having a nice summer.  Hope Clay will be around soon.  Miss him.

• Like 1

gbmifan, your trips always make me tired just reading about them!  It's good seeing you...

Leaving tomorrow...be good guys!  (And you know Clay will do something this week, just because I'm gone, right?)

I will try and check in if wifi and phone coverage is ok.  You never know in Northern Michigan.  I am leaving Sunday for 12 days of camping and bike riding.  Trying to get in shape for our bike tour at the end of August . There are some pretty steep grades to practice on.  Our area where we live is pretty flat, just have some short hills.  Clay will probably come out and play while I am gone. 

• Like 1

I'm back!  Lake Michigan is great, and the weather was beautiful!  Several days at the beach, completed a jigsaw puzzle on the days the weather was gloomy/rainy, and lots of great food!

A bit sad that Clay continues to hide out, but hopefully he is doing great.

3 hours ago, ldyjocelyn said:

I'm back!  Lake Michigan is great, and the weather was beautiful!  Several days at the beach, completed a jigsaw puzzle on the days the weather was gloomy/rainy, and lots of great food!

A bit sad that Clay continues to hide out, but hopefully he is doing great.

Idyjocelyn, welcome back..

yeh, its been pretty quiet without Clay news...

GREAT NEWS! My husband has a full-time job!  He'll be working in the registrar's office at our local 4-year university.  It's been almost FIVE years since he lost his job; he's had small supplemental jobs (worked at a thrift shop for a time, and also did Uber), so this is a major step in the right direction!

• Like 3

A bit of a tangent, but this is a good article about the crypto-billionaire who backed Valerie over Clay and Nida. I so wish Citizens United would be overturned. It just doesn't seem right to be that a single individual can have this kind of power--as Koch, Adelson, and others have had.  

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/04/democratic-megadonor-sam-bankman-fried-00049048

Hey folks!

Good read jmh, I’m sitting for hours on my way home from the west and had time to read the whole thing.. so frustrating!

ldyj.. I see we haven’t heard from Clay, but was happy to see that while I was gone ur hubby got himself, what sounds like, a good job! Good luck to him and Happiest of birthdays to Parker 🥳 

• Like 1