How the Heck are We All Gonna Get Along? With Clay, Naturally!

This whole dark money thing is infuriating. As much as I am not an Allam fan, as least she’s running a fair campaign as far as I can tell. Foushee sounds kind of worthless, although she may turn out OK. But Clay would be best!

Ok no more posts about my daughter…….we’ll except this one;). We saw her surgeon today and she is officially cancer-free! The surgery got it all  and now she just has to go for check ups.   I can’t tell you what a relief this is.   

• Like 3

*Aiken told The Assembly he would go further: “I’d advocate for banning all outside spending entirely, and only allowing candidates to raise money from within their district.”*

That would cut down on a lot of spending on my part 😜

This article seemed to have Clay in third place.  Is that the way it’s looking? (I’m a very impatient person Btw- I don’t like waiting for an actual, you know..election :(

WRAL's perspective on the issue of campaign money, also with interviews with the candidates. Wish the local media hadn't brought this up so late.

https://www.wral.com/singer-state-senator-activist-highlight-congressional-race-in-durham-chapel-hill/20268712

Aiken has never won elected office but is the only candidate who has won a congressional primary. In 2014, he scored a narrow victory against businessman Keith Crisco before going on to lose to U.S. Rep. Renee Ellmers in the general election.

Now Aiken, who’s supported by a large LGBTQ-rights group called Equality PAC, says he launched his campaign in an attempt to o counter “hateful” rhetoric with an equally loud but more welcoming tone. Aiken says his fame helped him bring resources to groups that serve children with special needs. He now wants to use it to secure funding for things like affordable housing, transportation and education. He cited his relationship with conservative pundit Meghan McCain as an example of how he can build bridges to potentially bring more resources back to the district.

“I don't dislike [Republicans]. I disagree with them,” Aiken said, adding that he and McCain “don't agree on much. But we understand that in order to get anything done, you have to find opportunities to look at ways that you can work together.”

• Like 1

Three tweets about today's event, although I think all three are the same article, just posted at three different news sites.  I'll pick one and post the full text in the news thread.

8 hours ago, ldyjocelyn said:

I think all three are the same article, just posted at three different news sites

Yup, they are more or less the same paper -- same publisher. There might be local differences. They are all paywalled, so I've never checked for details, but anytime I see something posted at one of the others, I can be sure it's at the N&O as well.

15 hours ago, ldyjocelyn said:

Buzzfeed News article that mentions Clay...and that loathsome guy who represents one of the districts in NC.

The Anti–Madison Cawthorn Campaign Is Also Anti-Gay, Some Democrats Fear

Full text in News section.

Good article! Clay comes off very well, leading the way with an opinion that a lot of people who follow also express, and, nice photo! First line: "Clay Aiken is pissed off."

sub-buzz-1118-1652208411-17.jpg?downsize

Twitter "interview" with Clay.  This is from the reporter who shot the video at the press conference yesterday.  He also preceded this three tweet interview with two tweets of his own -- the AssemblyNC article and the News & Oberserver article from yesterday.