How the Heck are We All Gonna Get Along? With Clay, Naturally!

The gala was very nice. Clay's voice was amazing. It's been so long since I've heard him in person. Drove up for the gala and left right after it ended. Took me about an hour and half each way. The karaoke singers were very good. The band and Clay were excellent.

Diane Bubel was so complimentary of Clay discussing how important he was to the success of the NIP. She was a little teary. She talked about Clay coming to her house and the first thing he would do was spend time talking to her daughter about school and what she was doing. He realized that being part of a family with a child that has special needs she might have needs of her own that are not always first.  Then he would go into the kitchen to talk to Diane over a bowl of popcorn. She made lots of it so that her son, Mike, could lick the butter off the wrapper. 

Clay mentioned that Saun and Ben have been playing for the galas for 19 years. The bass  and guitar players have been at the galas for 10 years. Clay definitely inspires people to stick around. I have been to every gala since the first one in Raleigh.

So in 2023 we will have Carolina Star hosted by Clay. I'll try to make it again next year but sure hope someone can come with me. Or at least hopefully have a newer car. Love my Prius but has too many blind spots.

• Like 1

Fear, glad you had a great time!  Maybe someday I'll get down there again for a special event.

I LOVE my Prius and want to get a new one, but finding one right now is next to impossible!

Clay is once again hosting the DPAC Rising Stars competition for high schoolers.  https://www.broadwayworld.com/raleigh/article/DPACs-Triangle-Rising-Stars-Set-For-May-20220405

49 minutes ago, Mik4clay said:

Thanks for the recap Fear..

it sounded like fun!

So the NIP won’t be a gala, but a talent show with money raised for the charity. No more singing Clay?

From what I understand, he will be hosting the event, and I would guess there will be at least one or two songs from Clay.  That's what I've heard at least.

• Thanks 1

Good morning 

I’dyjocelyn you’re welcome! 

sorry I know I don’t get over here to post much.  I went to the breakfast Saturday morning it was really nice I like how laid back it was we took our photos with Clay and Diane, got our food Faye sat at my table. After Clay , Diane , Nick and Amanda went around and sat at  all the tables for about 20mins or so answered questions snd what not, Nick joked how it was like speed dating. Ha 

at the very end Michael and Taylor were there Micheal said a few words about how were great advocates for Clay! Folks were able to get our pacemaker t shirts. 

Saturday night was fun Clay opened with Into The Unknown! Clay sounded so good my favorite was You Are The reason. The singing competition was fun!  Diane speech made me teary at the end she mentioned how Clay is her Champion of change! I loved seeing Cheryl reaction to receiving a founders award! I thought Saturday night was even more laid back then the previous Galas. I think it was a good transition to the talent show. NIP isn’t quite sure yet how it’s all going to work yet I feel like Clay will sing through out like he did Saturday night. Next year will be the 20 anniversary I think even with the talent show I think they’ll want to make it special! 

i think it was time for a bit of a change. I think the talent show idea goes back to the fundraiser event bring fun and more about us having the POP conference all about NIP mission. 

• Like 2

New email from Clay:

Thank you to everyone who came out to our Campaign Kick Off event last night! It was an incredible evening of eating, drinking… and gabbing... about bringing compassion and civility back to politics. If you missed our event, don’t worry! We got more coming!

And if you’re interested in volunteering during the final stretch to Election Day, sign up here!

Now looking ahead, April is Autism Awareness Month.

Working with children with autism changed my life in more ways than one… in fact, it was one of those student’s parents who encouraged me to audition for Idol. And after the Triangle gave me the Idol platform, it was those same children I wanted to help. So I started the National Inclusion Project to ensure that children with disabilities could have access to the same after school programs and extracurriculars that all other children do.

Whatever platform I am privileged to have, I want to use it to give back to the community that lifted me up. I will never stop fighting for North Carolinians with autism… both the folks I’ve met and the thousands I haven’t.

As a member of Congress, I will do all I can to ensure educators are given the resources they need to support students with disabilities. Donate now to help me get there!

I am committed to using my platform to advocate for a better, more inclusive world — first by starting the National Inclusion Project, and now by running for Congress.

Thank you,
Clay

Thanks Twilight for the recap

Im not sure you will see my question.. but Clay sang  ‘You are the Reason’? The song by Calum Scott? That one? That is my favorite song,! Clay singing it. Oh my gosh! If we get a concert, that is my top request ❤️❤️

12 hours ago, Mik4clay said:

Thanks Twilight for the recap

Im not sure you will see my question.. but Clay sang  ‘You are the Reason’? The song by Calum Scott? That one? That is my favorite song,! Clay singing it. Oh my gosh! If we get a concert, that is my top request ❤️❤️

Yep that’s the one!