How the Heck are We All Gonna Get Along? With Clay, Naturally!

Jimmy Dahman:

Big news out of North Carolina today! Can’t believe it’s been almost 8 years since I first met @clayaiken, but I’m fired up that he’s getting back into the arena. Can’t wait for this historic campaign and to see what he can do in Congress.

When Clay Aiken announced his second run for Congress on Monday, the Democratic hopeful started his announcement video with a walk down memory lane. “Back when we first met, there was no Facebook, there was no Twitter … there was no smartphone,” he said.

https://thefederalist.com/2022/01/11/mourning-betty-white-in-a-high-tech-world/

National Inclusion Project Gala information, from an email I just received.

HELP US CELEBRATE THE END OF AN ERA

This year will be the LAST year of the Founders’ Gala (so we can make room for something even more exciting next year!) and we want YOU to help us celebrate the END OF AN ERA. Not only will Clay be singing the setlist that YOU voted for in 2020, but we want YOU to join us on stage! 

Since our last event (Karaoke for Inclusion) was so much fun, we’ve decided to combine a few of those elements with the gala that we’ve all come to love, and create one epic experience to give the Founders’ Gala the proper send-off it deserves. This amazing night will include a singing competition with YOU as the participants and a performance by Clay, Ben, and the amazingly talented band.

Come one, come all and join us for an evening you won’t soon forget.

2022 Founders' Gala

April 2nd in Raleigh, NC

Registration Opens Jan 27th at 12noon ET

This may be the end of the Founders' Gala, but not the end of our annual gathering! Gala attendees will also get a sneak peek of next year's event, so join us to be the first to know!

2f385e3b-5cee-4586-ae46-dfb653c9821c.jpg

WE WANT YOUR GALA MEMORIES!

Let’s fill up our very LAST Gala Program with YOUR pics and memories from galas past and good thoughts for the future. Program space is available for a donation to NIP. If you are interested, click the button below to download the details. We need your memories by Feb 18th.

I plan on going but have not got airline tickets yet.  If they do not go down by next week I will have to bite the bullet and pay more than I have ever had to do.  Also I think I am able to stay on the sofa in a room with Gaye Marie and Lori.  The person I was going to room with back out when the price of airfare and hotel went up.  I hate the time of our return on Sunday.  We will not get much sleep because I have to be up at 3am to leave for the airport.  May just get dressed and take a nap on the sofa and have everything ready to go.  The later it gets the more expensive the fare.  I love it when we leave in the afternoon and can take our time going to breakfast and saying goodbye to everyone. 

Robert Elisberg tweeted and Clay retweeted:

If  you haven't seen the campaign announcement by @clayaiken  running for Congress in NC, it's excellent.  While best-known for winning American Idol, he was a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador & served on a presidential committee for Intellectual Disabilities.

elisbergindustries.com/blog/feat-of-c…

Great gbmifan. FCA representing. I used to start a thread here for attendees. If we get more than 2 of us I may do it again. I've become a caretaker for my husband and with walking the dog 3 times a day it's become a real pain to coordinate things. So I'm hoping to drive and come back the same day. 

@clayaiken: In our politics today, the loudest, most hateful voices are taking up all the oxygen in the room and I am SICK of it. As Democrats, we need to get better at speaking up and using our voices - because the other side isn’t quieting down anytime soon.