#3 - Here He Comes Again

Ansamcw

Aspiegirl, based on the timing of the release of the CD (Nov. 28th) and the fact that there is a Christmas song titled "All is Well" by Michael W. Smith*, we are assuming the CD will be of Christmas music. Nobody knows anything more than that for sure.

EP - means "Extended Play". In the CD world, that means something more than a single and less than a full album of songs. In this case, "All is Well" will probably have four or five Christmas songs on it.

*I think Michael W. Smith also co-wrote the opening song Clay used for the JNT05 - "Christmastime".

waves at Aspiegirl

What I would want on the EP?

Celebrate Me Home

Away In A Manger

Someday At Christmas

O Tannenbaum (in German, thank you very much)

Please Come Home for Christmas

Angels We Have Heard on High

What Child Is This?

Feliz Navidad

The Disney "Joy To The World"

Now that would be a barely adequate EP...Hey! I neeeeeed a minimum of 10 songs! Really! I have issues!

Many imagine that Clay thinks about us the same way they think about him, because they want their relationship with him to be reciprocal

Lawd Jesus, yes! I know I do when I'm writing my stories.... B)

Of course, I base my stories on my own deluded version of reality, so I KNOW it's all true ;)

.(muski chants "He wants me, he wants me not, he has to have me, he loves me not, he's obsessed with my body, he...." while skipping lightly through fields of wildflowers on a sunny day)

Welcome, aspiegirl!

bottle, this CMSU!

Preorder button at Walmart.com with absolutely no information on what I'm actually getting on the EP? I'll take four, please

Aspiegirl, based on the timing of the release of the CD (Nov. 28th) and the fact that there is a Christmas song titled "All is Well" by Michael W. Smith*, we are assuming the CD will be of Christmas music. Nobody knows anything more than that for sure.

EP - means "Extended Play". In the CD world, that means something more than a single and less than a full album of songs. In this case, "All is Well" will probably have four or five Christmas songs on it.

*I think Michael W. Smith also co-wrote the opening song Clay used for the JNT05 - "Christmastime".

Thanks bottlecap. (((hugs)))

"Extended Play" = extended growl to Celebrate Me Home :lol:

muskifest and KAndre "waving back"

Clay singing in German :lol::lol: Edited by Aspiegirl

No one's brought this over here, yet -- right? A great review...from a Russian website. Heh.

Musicmp3.ru review of ATDW

An American Idol Becoming an American Icon

Clay Aiken’s new album, A Thousand Different Ways, features the covers of some of the most famous love songs of the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s, including four original tracks. The record is a follow-up of the immensely successful album Measure of a Man, of 2004. The name of the record, A Thousand Different Ways, adds to its romantic atmosphere, hinting at a thousand different ways to show your love. In creating the album, Clay Aiken was helped by an extraordinary musician, songwriter and producer David Foster, who helped the artist to choose the perfect songs for him. Being an American Idol runner-up, Clay Aiken is now continuing to grow professionally, becoming a real American icon, with a number of his fans swelling day after day. The performer seems to understand what an audience expects, delivering songs, made popular by such well-known musicians as Elton John, Celine Dion, Bryan Adams in his own smooth and passionate manner. Clay makes each song sound unique and exceptional, again demonstrating his exquisite style and undeniable talent.

Innovative and Refreshing Sound

Though an album primarily consists of the covers of the original versions, Clay Aiken makes them sound innovative and refreshing. The new track Lonely No More is a wonderfully melancholy composition with some piano sound and graceful lyrics, and with a really sweet conclusion. Without You with its soft, tender notes, brings forward Clay’s amazing voice, its incredible range and unique style. One of the highlights of the album is the song A Thousand Days, which sounds superb in Clay’s performance, acquiring a new and fresh sound. A really uplifting is the track When I See Your Smile, which is also the cover of the original version; with an orchestra music accompaniment and rich bass sound, Clay’s voice confesses a wide range of emotions. Another really emotional track is the famous Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word, which sounds heart-breaking due to Clay Aiken’s light and wistful vocals, accompanied by the Spanish guitar at the background. All the compositions on the new album present an amazing work, the singer making them sound impressively sublime, deep and subtle.

A Perfect Record For a Special Occasion

Originally Clay Aiken has planned to release an album of his own creations, however, he decided to go with the covers, doing a great job with his voice perfect for rendition of these amazing hits. The singer says that these songs are the ones he has been growing up with; he has loved them then and he still loves them today. The four original songs that appear on the album do not disappoint either, doing credit to the Clay’s co-writing skills. The orchestration of the record is done in a really beautiful way, with incredible piano solos. What impresses most of the album is that it does not get annoying after listening to it several times. Though the majority of songs is familiar and may be called the classics of the romantic music, they still amaze and stir feelings, arousing deep emotions. It is difficult to choose one best song from the whole album, it being a true collection of the best creations about love, performed by a person who has the impressive and inimitable voice. No matter what your preferences in music are, this is a perfect record for a special occasion.

Gee, do you think the reviewer, you know, actually LISTENED to the album?!?!?!

What I would want on the EP?

Celebrate Me Home

Away In A Manger

Someday At Christmas

Please Come Home for Christmas

Angels We Have Heard on High

What Child Is This?

Feliz Navidad

The Disney "Joy To The World"

Now that would be a barely adequate EP...Hey! I neeeeeed a minimum of 10 songs! Really! I have issues!

Me thinks KAndre does not really get the concept of "EP." Course, I also think she doesn't care. B)

Not only do I have a lot of love for the Russian review, but the prices in U.S. Dollars -- album downloads are $1.62! Yes, I read the FAQ and it sounds like you can download from anywhere. They even give tips on how to circumvent international credit card fees (not in these words, mind you) and how to finagle in by using a Pay Pal conduit. I may have to think about this one ...

So if Clay goes number one in Russia this week, I'm telling you right now I had nothing to do with it! ничто!*

(*Yay for online translators.)

So that's Couchie! Cool! I've met very few people from the boards, so it's great to be able to link the faces to the names. You gave me a big old grin, you and the centerfold. You represented well!

Hi, Aspiegirl!

Not only do I have a lot of love for the Russian review, but the prices in U.S. Dollars -- album downloads are $1.62! Yes, I read the FAQ and it sounds like you can download from anywhere. They even give tips on how to circumvent international credit card fees (not in these words, mind you) and how to finagle in by using a Pay Pal conduit. I may have to think about this one ...

So if Clay goes number one in Russia this week, I'm telling you right now I had nothing to do with it! ничто!*

(*Yay for online translators.)

I actually think my husband knows about this site...he studied Russian as an undergraduate. He'll be able to translate what strummer wrote for me later...

As far as the "ep" goes...I'm just gonna wait. Don't want to get my hopes up too high...yet. Heh.

More cute pictures from the Virgin Records signing here! From VickiLau at the Clayboard. My favorite picture is this one (clickable):

th_FunnyattheVirginsigning.jpg

I love both Clay's AND Jerome's looks...Clay looks a bit scared, Jerome like he's going to bite someone's head off...

Some updates on Clay's schedule at RCA Records.com:

Oct 27 Clay Aiken - Jimmy Kimmel Live (Re-Air)

Nov 2 Clay Aiken - The Megan Mullally Show

Nov 17 Clay Aiken - Live with Regis & Kelly

Nov 21 Clay Aiken - American Music Awards: Presenter

Dec 22 Clay Aiken - Days of Our Lives

Performing “Everything I Have”

EEEEEEE!!!! for Days of Our Lives. :D

==========================================

A note on the Russian website - based on some discussion of it at the CV, it's legally sketchy at best, and the artists are most certainly not getting any money out of the downloads.

Well, someone must be having a Christmas wedding on DOOL! ;)

Where did we first hear Clay was co-hosting Regis and Kelly? That bit of information seems to have vanished.

Of course, it doesn't say he isn't co-hosting. You would think it would, but it doesn't.

I was just wondering if there is any official confirmation that he is co-hosting.

For that matter, weren't there murmerings that he was going to be on November 24th instead of November 17th?

And where is Tyra? Wouldn't you think they would know by now when that will air?

I am just curious so I don't miss anything.

If we wait for the OFC to confirm something, we'll miss it! :lol:

Edited by Claygasm

Well, someone must be having a Christmas wedding on DOOL! ;)

zara one has a great post on the DOOL characters at the CH:

Nobody really right now but 2 months from now who knows. Carrie and Austin just got married and left town. Belle and Philip broke up and so did Mimi and Shawn, and Belle thought she was going to get back with Shawn but he's dating a hooker. Marlena and John almost got married today but the Smokey Robinson thing in mid-November involves their story line so I doubt that would be it. Steve and Kayla are due for him to get his memory back and for them to reunite but they're right now trying not to die after being poisoned with a biotoxin. Max and Stephanie were starting to get together but he changed his mind apparently. Kate and EJ are knocking boots but that's just squicky. Samantha and Lucas still have the hots for each other but Sammie just got in trouble again and everyone hates her again. Bo and Hope are fighting and due for a reunion. Could be anybody though my money would be on Bo and Hope or Steve and Kayla and a big reunion. Usually right around the holidays DOOL usually has some kind of "Christmas miracle" that takes place so Steve getting his memory back or Bo and Hope reuniting would be a good place for that and for "Everything I Have".

:lol::lol:

Where did we first hear Clay was co-hosting Regis and Kelly? That bit of information seems to have vanished

Of course, it doesn't say he isn't co-hosting. You would think it would, but it doesn't.

I was just wondering if there is any official confirmation that he is co-hosting.

For that matter, weren't there murmerings that he was going to be on November 24th instead of November 17th?.

The co-hosting thing was originally shown on the RCA Records website, so that should have been a pretty good source. The Nov. 24th date is showing on the scrolling promo date list on the top of Clay's RCA Press page. Where that information came from, I have no clue. I'm betting the Nov. 17th date is the accurate one.

Whoa! That DOOL post has my head spinning! :lol:

So, does this mean Clay isn't cohosting Regis and Kelly? And if he's not, its obviously just another sign of RCA trying to undermine his success. They obviously did something to make Regis and Kelly change their minds!

And then where is Tyra? Did they pay Tyra tons of money never to air Clay's episode?

And wasn't Clay supposed to be on Dr. Phil? OMG! RCA got to him too!

Will the trechery never end?????? :ph34r:

The above was brought to you by Paranoid Clay Fans Are Us and is meant as pure snark - at least to me, although I suspect there are more than a few who would believe every word! ;)

Re: DOOL

Clay will appear as a mysterious hunkahunkaburnin'love and steal one or more of the women in one or more of those pairings so hysterically described above and then as he's seducing her in her bedroom, lights low, his green eyes smoldering with a passion said lucky beyotch has never encountered before, his hands gently but inexorably removing each strip of clothing between them until it's just their bare skin blazing heat and ice together...

then.... :blink:

(pant, drool, pant, pant)

he'll break into song! :lol:

I don't knw, it seemed like Muski was starting trouble!

I just posted this at the CH, but will bring it here I was reading about the Reality blurred article about Mario Velazquez selling fewer albums than Clay could with a blank CD with a picture on it

Clay Aiken could sell more blank CDs with his picture on the front

Am I the only one who immediately thought of the fan club pack - an empty CD case with a pretty picture on it?

muski - :o :o :o :o :o ;)

playbiller, at least those who bought the fan pack at BB have their Official Membership Card in hand. Who knows how long it will take Clique to get the online renewal packages out. I live in fear that without my card, I won't be able to prove that I'm a "Good" fan. HA! :P

This little gem was new to me.

heeswaitingroomon7.th.jpg

Imagine running into this guy in the waiting room at the doctor's office. You'd end up leaving the office visit with a handful of prescriptions to treat your fever, rapid heartbeat, elevated blood pressure, general disorientation, and maybe birth control (just in case). And you thought you were just there to get a strep test.

Clay is amazing. How he can look like he does in those pictures Muski posted one minute, and then another......

I had heard tales of the hair he had when he sang ATD on Tyra. They filmed that song first, before they did any of the rest of the show. They changed the hair immediately after - and with good reason. I never understood why they didn't re-shoot that song.

I heard the hair was bad.

I heard there was an audible gasp from the audience when he walked out with it.

I heard he seemed very uncomfortable during that song.

Now I understand why........

105607617-M.jpg

It looks like a bad pompadour!!!! :unsure:

ETA: I heard Clay was at the top of the new member list at the OFC. That would explain why he hasn't blogged in so long. He forgot to renew his membership! :lol:

Edited by Claygasm

I think that is probably Clay off duty hair. He probably forgot to change it. Perhaps this is another way of gettng his life back. Some fans are so replused they actually let him live his life.

Of course, there are those woman who thinks he looks good in all hair, even uncle Clay hair.