#4-Everything is mucho-good-o

Ansamcw

Sounds like Clay went back into Tiffany's? (maybe?) which was the staging area for the UNICEF peeps. He will have to come back out past the cellcerters to get to his car.

Clay sang with the kids at the end, but he wasn't mic'ed like the kids were, so they couldn't hear him.

Play said that Clay used the hands thing to quiet the crowd - and it worked!

And Daryl Dawkins gave him a great big hug instead of shaking hands.

And the mic problem was too much wind noise was being picked up.

I hope she had good vantage point...

Clay was doing the hand signals, and the crowd knew how to respond to his directions. Clay Fans - fast learners. :D

Talking to someone now that just got to shake Clay's hand and she is freaking out with happiness.

The certer talked to a photographer who was hoping People magazine would use his shots of Clay - we'll want to keep an eye on Star Tracks.

=================================================

The cellcerter is by Clay's car - he's shaking hands - on the move again.

She's trailing Clay now, hoping for a handshake.... It's turned into a stalkercert. HA! (Not really, apparently Clay went back to the stage and may be doing another interview.) He's got his hands in his pants pockets, and is now doing a TV interview.

From starhorse at the CV:

Just got back from snowflake lighting!!!!

Clays hair = gorgeous live OMG His bangs are all whispy and were sometimes in his face and the wind.. just gah

Yeah and he's one funny dude... My dad got video so that should be up eventually

Oh yeah... clay was standing at the side of the building before he came on stage so we could see him... The childrens choir was singing and we all of course were staring at him and taking pictures. And he motioned with his two of his fingers to his eyes and then towards the stage saying... Look at them not me! It was adorable...

Edited by bottlecap

Clay is taking pictures with the kids. He picked up a little girl and they posed looking up at the Snowflake. More pictures with the kids. Much "Awwwing" over that. Sounds like he is really have a great time with the kids, clowning around and signing stuff. Hope somebody is still there getting Clack.

Clay is taking pictures with the kids. He picked up a little girl and they posed looking up at the Snowflake. More pictures with the kids. Much "Awwwing" over that. Sounds like he is really have a great time with the kids, clowning around and signing stuff. Hope somebody is still there getting Clack.

so is this still happening now...being reported in live cellcert? Thats so cool!!!

CRAP!!!! The stream was buffering for me, and Clay went by the cellcerter and said "Hello". And I freaking missed it. %#%#^%%$&. :( Anyway, the cellstream is done, so I'll stop typing now. Hopefully, we'll have pics and whatnot soon, as the New Yorkers get back to thier computers.

CRAP!!!! The stream was buffering for me, and Clay went by the cellcerter and said "Hello". And I freaking missed it. %#%#^%%$&. :( Anyway, the cellstream is done, so I'll stop typing now. Hopefully, we'll have pics and whatnot soon, as the New Yorkers get back to thier computers.
HEE that was so adorable...

SOunds like a great appearance, a lot of focus on the children.

THis CMSU...someone at CH quoting someone giving reports:

Quote:

He told the kids who won the card design contest that New York was very cold and full of screming ladies.

Hee! AND I read that his "hush" with conductor hands didn't work there. YSRN said that obviously the West Coasters are more responsive to his commands than the East Coasters!

And I'm reading that he looks absolutely drop-dead good. No makeup, freckles plainly displayed, hair soft and blowing in the breeze across his face (sigh), thin drapey grey pants (pant)...

Someone said he was talking with his hands...

QueenP at CH then said, "Sometimes he talks with his pants."

which, I think, is extremely BWAH! worthy! :lol:

Hey gang! Back from visiting Mom...and having fun reading the reports of the snowflake lighting. Sounds like he did well, had fun, and is freezing! Clay, I'll warm you up!!!!

Not much else to say, except that I'm almost ready for the MCWL Listening Party!!!!

People chasing Clay's car are simply foolish, and freaky. *sigh* And people wonder why Clay fans have a bad name sometimes....

From listening to the cellcert, the hanging around after part, with the picture taking and interviews lasted longer than the actual formal program. Hopefully, there will be some local coverage on TV and in the NY papers.

As a reminder of the significance of the evening, from the UNICEF site:

A beacon of hope for children

The UNICEF Snowflake is a dazzling, illuminated crystal ornament that graces the intersection of Fifth Avenue and 57th Street in New York City and Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills each holiday season as a beacon of hope, peace and compassion for vulnerable children around the world.

This magnificent creation was designed, engineered and entirely handcrafted by Ingo Maurer and his team in Germany, using 16,000 Baccarat crystal prisms. The three-dimensional structure consists of 12 double-sided branded and is 23 feet in diameter, over 28 feet in height, and more than 3,300 pounds. The largest outdoor crystal chandelier of its kind, it was dedicated to UNICEF by the Stonbely Family Foundation in 2002.

More than a symbol, the UNICEF Snowflake is the centerpiece of an ambitious campaign to raise millions of dollars in support of health, immunization, nutrition, clean water and sanitation, education and protection for children in developing nations.

People chasing Clay's car are simply foolish, and freaky.

Yep...now I could say something really mean here...but I'm not really a mean person, I don't think, so I won't. Suffice it to say that unless running after his car got her hurt in some way, the exercise probably did her good. :glare: :unsure::P

Now...I won't be joining the MCWL party, I'm afraid guys. Family obligations. Actually, I'm sorta in couchie's camp, I think, too. It's a little early for me to get into holiday-type music anyway.

Have at it, though, girls! And have fun.

(By the way---my faves are DSIAFCD and WAYDNYE)....heh. ;)

I'm back - the hush thing worked fine with the people om my side. There were people on each side of the stage (the street had to operate, althoug people kept sneaking intthere, I was behind amazon women, Clay has tall fans! I felt bad for the short people around me, I could see a bit, they never saw anything.

When the first guy was talking about the raising of the snow flake and throwing Clay's name about, Clay was making like he was hauling on a rope to raise, later when the basketball guy came on, and Clay was still talking he said he raised it while Daryl mostly watched or something like that.

Clay wanted everyone to sing, and he sang behind the kids for a while.I stayed for a while, but Clay did not come back and I had been standing in too small a place for too long, so I left before Clay came back, Soooorrrry, for you and for me.

I left with one big impression - Clay is one happy guy, he was glowing.

The fans, on the other hand were pretty rude, talking while the kids were singing and when other speeches were being made and people introduced, that is why Clay tried the hand thing. It worked on my side.

I think the jacket and scarf were brey brown/grey - is was almost a camelly grey.

The crystal snowflake was gorgeous, but I was one of the few who actually seemed to look at it.

I would estimate a few hundred people at most. Not a lot of room there.