#4-Everything is mucho-good-o

Ansamcw

BWAH...how can Clay get his fans all a twitter by such a small glimpse of skin and hair...

Yeah I have watched the show 4 to 5 times now...and I do think his voice is a bit tight but maybe just due to lack of warming up the chords...

have y'all checked out the fan videos...its in the vault and Clack unlimited...everybody looked totally relaxed...

so are there any reports from fans that were there??? Please don't make me go checking other boards!!!

so are there any reports from fans that were there??? Please don't make me go checking other boards!!!

This was a great post from clayzedover at the CH:

I attended the Clay/Kelly show today with my brother who uses a motorized wheelchair, and wish I could tell you more about what went on. They sat him in a corner of the studio in front of the regular seats, and next to a corridor where people congregated and communicated during the show. We were surrounded by camera and craft persons. The large floor camera in front of us, hand held cameras to the side of us, technicians laying and removing cables, as well as by various office-types associated with the show.

All of this was compounded by the need to place stage props, like the high desk, in front of us as well to accommodate the dancers. Am not complaining here, really, just want to give you a "feel" for the atmosphere inside the tv studio. Tickets are free, we got in, and life is good.

I do want people to know about what I witnessed. Clay passed by my brother as he entered that corridor to talk with someone, and again as he came back to the stage. He had to wait for a cue from the director during the dance routines. Not making any kind of deal about it, he quickly knelt down on one knee, waiting for his cue. The first time, I thought it strange because nobody else took that position. They just stood and congregated behind him in front of us, blocking the view. A few minutes later, it happened again. But the second time, others took his lead and knelt down so those behind them could see.

I just love him.

From stripedshirts at CV:

Clay was on his GAME today - there is absolutely no question he is made for this job. He was right on the Hot Seat & nearly combat-chattered w/ Kelly, phrase for phrase, word for word, snark for snark. & though I think Kelly may have catered especially to us, his fans, she was all over Mario Lopez like an excited horny teenager - jumping up & down like an ecstatic 5 yr. old when Mario strolled out. Mario is cute, but boy, what a show-off

I was so glad to see Karina walk Clay through a few simple steps - & regardless of how Clay may think he can't do it, has no rhythm- for Godsakes, I wish he'd realize he CAN & DOES, because no. 1, there is LIFE in those thighs, & no. 2, he's fluid & lithe. He can balance, do foot/hand coordination. He was a bit awkward, but cute as all hell. After a quick bounce & up & down w/ the arms he flung one hand up as if to say "ahhhh - forget it!" & stepped aside while everyone was cheering up a storm. Kelly & Mario, however, were happily 'freakin' it up. I wonder if Mr. Mark Consuelo is watching this his wife was getting a little freaky deaky.

The camera crew was on my side for the first 15 minutes of the show. That bugged the #$@XX out of me - right in direct view of Clay, so I saw 1/2 of Clay & alot of Kelly I watched, tilted right. However, compensation is that he performed both "A Thousand Days" & MDYK on my side, so I watched gleefully, w/o the crew, the cables, & the moving body parts blocking my way.

My favorite parts of the show, was when the cameras were NOT rolling. During the 2nd song set, Clay came out, struggling w/ his left shirt cuff I believe, after changing into his grey pinstriped suit for MDYK. (beleive it's the same suit worn for the Foster Gala back in Sept.) He couldn't button it - Angela to the rescue. It seems she's become quite the assistant when it comes to mike adjustment, clothing adjustment, & who knows what else, heheh - but she took care of it. If memory serves - his shirt collar was a bit flapped up, but I was so entranced I may possibly got that bit wrong. He would also smooth his long hair back from his forehead. The rest of the time, total pro, total business like.

I was so thrilled at the end of the show to be able to get my precious Linda Huber portrait signed. I've been holding on to it for dear life - it's the portrait of Clay w/ his new hair. Kelly saw it first - then she brought Clay over. Then he sent Mary over to get me so that I can bring it to him at the wrap up of the show. He took my pen & our hands brushed against eachother......& let me tell you ladies - I've shook his hand before on other occasions but this part STILL gets me EVERY TIME......that hand is SO warm & skin so smooth, it sent a jolt right through me & I had to stop & take a breathe before getting my portrait back. WOW....even the brush of his hand can get a calm woman all irrational.

I was lucky. There were others behind me who wanted things signed but he had to cut them off - he was so sincere w/ his apology, as he was being tugged away....I will always remember his facial expression when he said "I'm so sorry" it's an apologetic shake of his head, w/ the crinkled downturned eyebrows & a meaningful look that would steal your heart.

I felt great for the "Ambushed Makeover" family. Such nice folks & so deserving of what they've received on what is a REALLY great show today....I mean, a packed schedule.

and

I forgot to add: When soundcheck was done for "A Thousand Days", Clay had a piece of paper on his hand....some guessed it was probably lyrics to the song - though Clay's forgotten lyrics to his own songs before, I wonder if that's true, but we may never find that out.

Also, cute moment during MDYK is that Clay told us not to cheer after he's done, I guess since this is supposed to be a somber performance/mood. Someone in the audience piped, "may we clap now?" & he of course goes in teacher mode, looked up at whoever called out & yelled "as much as you want!" so everyone collectively applauded to get their ya ya's out. Then the tape rolled & he put away the paper & sang beautifully. It's usually during the chorus that he would grip the mike & sing w/ the passionate glory note & it's useless for me to try & take a pic w/ a steady hand, I was shaking like a leaf. my pics were blurred When he was done singing, there was some clapping anyway, but those of us who remembered NOT to cheer, didn't, resulting in a wierd, lopsided/halfhearted applause. The producers looked at those of us & we responded, "but Clay told us not to clap!" It's hard to explain, but it was funny. I was selfishly hoping that if we messed it up for Clay, maybe he'd do it again, giving us a bonus performance - but no dice.

During the Trivia Wheel segment, the bubble machine went crazy & Clay waved a few off before they got too close to his nose & hair.

The Xmas set up is very pretty - sparkly white snowflakes hanging from the ceiling, starlit background, & a few garlands.

And stripedshirts response to this question:

Q: Since so much has been made of the segment where Clay put his hand over Kelly's mouth ( I swear Regis will bring this up in envy) could you describe the audience reaction? I didn't even notice it until I watched the tape after reading the reactions to it. I actually thought it made for good tv.

A: Well, I laughed & so did others who were w/ me - I do remember that Clay couldn't get a word in edgewise because Kelly as usual, hogged up the mike. She got 3 questions in I think, & everytime Clay thought he could ask something & I saw him twitching in his seat - she'd start. Finally he clapped his hand over his mouth & Emmit & Cheryl chuckled while crew & I think most of the audience did the same. It's all in good fun....I haven't seen any real negatives over it & Kelly seemed to really enjoy her cohosting w/ Clay.

You know, after watching Clay do this show today, & just how on top of things he is- - I admit Clay sometimes scares me w/ just how SMART he is, he is just so sharp.

You can't believe he's not wearing a tee shirt?!?!?!?

Well, just lookie at my avie if you need proof. B)

Yeah, I know. I'm shallow and only interested in Clay for his hot bod.

what.

eta: Oh geez, I did it again. :blink: I checked out...er...another :ph34r: board. Lord. If a couple of people were really right, Clay would be setting up a tent on skid row about now 'cuz his career as we know it is OH-VER! after his horrible demeanor, voice, diva-ness and general yuck factor on the R&K show this morning.

absof*ckinlutely amazing. :glare:

Edited by muskifest

So, now what - should there be a thread for people that enjoyed the show to celebrate? is that devisive? I thought I saw some people rethinking their panic. Yes there are the usual naysayers, but I figure a lot of ans have lost thier innocence of Clay does everything great and now expect him to be perfect - big news flash, no one is perfect. The best way to deal with it is to see and recognize names and know when to scroll.

Scroll, scroll scroll the page until you see what you want,

merrily,merrily, merrily, fandom can survive.

I am almost positive it is because some have build up the appearances until they need to be like the coming of God, and nothing can match their expectations. Their fandom is real, but it has reach an unreal proportion. At this rate, the Tyra show will be seriously trashed because it has become a fantasy appearance. People are already upset because there is another guest and Clay does not get the whole hour, not that he was ever supposed to get it. Just recognize names and ignore, it is the only way you will make it, or maybe come here. We may not love him as much as some people, but then I think he is considered human here. Isn't that a board rule? Treat Clay as a human being?

Edited by playbiller

WTVD inteview

Gotten from the CH via getclayaiken.com Very cute interview with Clay after R&K and GMA this morning. I'm so loving the hair. And awww...Brett's not going to be home for Christmas this year.

As for the other topic...I'm just glad my resolve to stay away from those places is still strong. I watched the show again tonight and I still laughed my fool head off. I believe he did wonderfully, and probably did a bunch of things that Regis could only DREAM of (such as shutting Kelly up. :lol: ). I still choose to celebrate what Clay did today, not bemoan the fact that something wasn't perfect. I'm much happier that way too.

muski I know what you mean. I was almost afraid to watch my dvr tape of it. R&K doesn't come on here until 11am and since I had a lunch date with a friend, I set the dvr and came here to see if there were any reports yet. I read here and after I caught up here I checked out another board, and I felt myself feeling really down. The thing with him putting his hand over her mouth, you'd a thought he slapped her. After I watched it, I thought yeah she made that a little awkward, but you know what, he gave her a hint that he too would like to ask a question, but she ignored him and went on. I felt they moved on from it and it was less of an incident than was being made by quite a few posters. Sometimes its hard for me to understand what expectations some people have of Clay. They go to non-fan boards and post reactions, what is the point? Then after much hand wringing and angsting, they come back and say things like, I just watched it again and now it doesn't seem like there was so much tension. So many Clay fans BTOT, that stands for Bring Their Own Tension to these things. I think from watching Clay on AI many of us always got nervous before his performances, I still do some, I don't know why, but I don't parse every word or analyze every move or expression, it just takes the fun out of things and all in all it looked like they had a pretty fun time.

YUP....Clay is very human...I love thinking that he is perfect in his imprefections...hee

ITA Play...it has come to the point where I can usually predict who will be happy with what he does and who wont be. I just visited my old haunt and read several posts that I found fascinating....

I cannot believe that someone thought Clay had zero chemistry with Kelly and Megan and is now hanging all their hopes on the Tyra appearance... With that much riding on this, I think the likelihood that she will be satisfied is low. I don't think he always has chemistry with people...I thought he didn't do too well with Martha, but I blamed that more on her. I just can't understand where she got the impression there was no chemistry with Kelly...the fact that they were laughing almost every thirty seconds??? the fact that they were exchanging zingers? The fact that Kelly was very sweet to him before the breaks? Really do not understand at all.

Another interesting post I found was a person that thought Clay may have been overly familiar...Now I wonder if this person was familiar with this show. Doesn't she know this show is all about chaos? All about embarrassing each other and getting through disasters ina a funny way? There isno faux pas that Reg or Kelly would let by...Kelly always goes for the very obvious jokes and is very physical in her comedy. I used to watch this regularly, as fun as Kelly is with Regis...she cannot keep it up with other co host.Usually, unless she has another comedian like Howie mandel as co-host...she would practically carry the show...and she becomes really boring cos there is no one she can banter and exchange zingers with. I bet Gelman was just loving the whole bit...even the part with Clay covering her mouth...great unscripted, spontaneous moment.

Are y'all starting to feel the christmas spirit???

Hope you are all ready to listen to some Christmas songs....

MCWL Listening party is tomorrow starting at 9pm...we will be listening to the whole CD...10 minutes per song. As usual our host will be ldyjocelyn...

hope to see you there...the thread will be opened at 8:30...

see y'all there!!!!

Ok, I REALLY REALLY hate my friend who jilted me for her daughter! I mean I don't, but I do.

I haven't spoken with her yet. Still waiting for her phone call begging my forgiveness (yeah, like that will happen....), but I read this part of stripedshirt's recap and thought OH NO! DON'T TELL ME!!!

Winner of that trivia prize ($500), "Lucky No. 13", sat next to me. I wish I got her name - but she is a Clay fan, I was so glad she won. She was there w/ who I believe is her daughter, so, I was shoulder to shoulder w/ the winner today.

Yup. Apparently this was my friend. She won $500!!! It was on a gift card but she won $500!!!! I got left at home and she not only sees Clay from the second row (although there was a camera in front of her part of the time B) ) but she wins $500!!!!

I hope she's planning on buying me a fabulous gift with that! Nah. She'll probably spend it on her daughter. :glare:

And I was doing so much better..... :angry:

Edited by Claygasm

UNICEF Snowflake lighting today, so yeah!!! playbiller, have a great time!! I looked at the weather forecast for NYC, and it looks like it will be in the upper 40's and dry. CV is hoping to do a cellcert (cell lighting?), so if I'm around then (6:30 to 7:30 ish, I think), I'll try to bring any reports over.

snowflake_tumbling_md_wht.gifDisco-04-june.gifsnowflake_tumbling_md_wht.gif

===============================================

Regis & Kelly - I got temporarily bummed by some early negative reaction when I had enjoyed the show so much, but I really think some of the extreme opinions got countered by a lot of good reports from the people who actually attended the show and other watchers who responded with a "WTF were you watching to get that idea?", and the whiners were actually pretty isolated.

And frankly, I don't really care a lot, but I live near the Ohio / Michigan border, and I am constitutionally required to declare my allegiance.

GO BUCKS! Bucks.jpg

You know, Claygasm, when they said a woman won the money that attended with her daughter, I thought if you. But I didn't want to say anything, in case you missed it.

I thinkit is fine that people are revising thier issues and seeing that they were stressed seing the show, but they are leaving their old evaluation out there - visible to all, rather than revising them, how does that look?

I have to get going, I have to rake efore I can leave, it is not raining, I was up to 3 trying to figure out how it program my new phone and realized I was going to comparative show for my memory chip, so I can't video even if I do get it working.

UNICEF Snowflake lighting today, so yeah!!! playbiller, have a great time!! I looked at the weather forecast for NYC, and it looks like it will be in the upper 40's and dry. CV is hoping to do a cellcert (cell lighting?), so if I'm around then (6:30 to 7:30 ish, I think), I'll try to bring any reports over.

snowflake_tumbling_md_wht.gifDisco-04-june.gifsnowflake_tumbling_md_wht.gif

Regis & Kelly - I got temporarily bummed by some early negative reaction when I had enjoyed the show so much, but I really think some of the extreme opinions got countered by a lot of good reports from the people who actually attended the show and other watchers who responded with a "WTF were you watching to get that idea?", and the whiners were actually pretty isolated.

And frankly, I don't really care a lot, but I live near the Ohio / Michigan border, and I am constitutionally required to declare my allegiance.

GO BUCKS! Bucks.jpg

bottle We don't live in Ohio now, but we did most of our lives. My husband is a life long OSU fan. This is a big day at our house. Go Bucks!!! They will have their work cut out for them today. RIP Bo.

OK, I just watched all of R&K....

I loved it. I though Clay and Kelly had perfectly lovely chemistry.

It was fun and amusing. I freakin' love the hair on Clay.

The only thing I might that might be possible negative is...Clay's dancing was really horrible. Like ugly puppy horrible - really, really cute - but horrible. I loved it, but it was just horrible. Did I mention it was horrible? Kelly was horrible too but Clay made her look good. But hell, I would still dance with Clay. But if we were in a club, I'm afraid I would have to force him to do nothing but slow drags. Yes, I would be willing to make that sacrifice. Because I'm a natural matyr, y'all.

Just a quick drive-by. Yes, I caved and brought my laptop. Yes, I'm glad that I did. Yes, I've downloaded every kb of available clack. And watched it. And above all, yes, I'm thrilled that there is one place where eeeeing and squeeeing abound!!!! Love you guys! :lol:

Just a quick drive-by. Yes, I caved and brought my laptop. Yes, I'm glad that I did. Yes, I've downloaded every kb of available clack. And watched it. And above all, yes, I'm thrilled that there is one place where eeeeing and squeeeing abound!!!! Love you guys! :lol:

YAY for jmh123 and her laptop...YAY for Play and the snowflake thingy...looking forward to your report...

Boo for fans that run after Clay's SUV through New York traffic and looking into his vehicle...I heard this fan was in the studio, saw Clay come outof R&K and yet taht is not enough...had to follow him like a freak...YUCk!!!

Whoever this fan is...please...that was just embarrassing.

BWAH Kandre...I do ahve to admit...he needs to loosen up the upper torso more when dancing. He is cute, but too self concious...and right slow drag, thats the best way to go!!!

Did anyone describe the street SUV chaser? I would kind of like to look out for them today and preferably not stand near them for fear of being trampled.

Looks like I won't have my new phone with me, I have to program it with my numbers and to learn how to work the darn thing. It looked so easy in the store, but there are twice as mony buttons and they don't do the same thing.

I guess I am getting old. When I finally stop playing DVDs on my computer and get a DVD recorder, I probably won't know how to program it.

So I a,m packing gloves, wool scarf, good binoculars, water, energy bar - I amy be standing in a crowd for a long time. What am I missing? I haven't used my 35 millimeter for a long time, my digital camera has no zoom (one of the first) and my new phone does not have a memory chip yet, so no film from that. I will not be a video person, sorry.

I'm catching up all over the place so some scattered comments:

I know some of the talented photographer / videographer types from CV are going to be there this evening, so provided they can get a good vantage point, I'm not too worried about the Clack. Take good care of yourself out there, playbiller.

One of the CVer's was in her hotel lobby last night using the internet connection when she saw Clay walk by, hoodied and bucket-hatted. Dude, that's not really much of a disguise anymore. (And the poster, mindful of Clay's privacy and security, did not name the hotel. Can you image if the Clay Nation as a whole knew the location of Clay's favorite hotel in NYC? :unsure: )

=========================================

FearofH2O posted a comment on the CH, but I don't think she brought it over here yet:

Here is an interesting comment from bisi at Clayversity explaining a sound problem with "A Thousand Days" at R&K:

Quote:

"Hi, am usually a lurker, but my son (a musician and sound engineer) said the sound engineer forgot to turn off his lapel mike so both mikes were on. People who were in the studio said he sounded great and the difference was that lapel mike still on. Aggravating since we all know he is great - maddening because those who haven't heard him still haven't heard him as he can actually perform."

OK, I just watched all of R&K....

I loved it. I though Clay and Kelly had perfectly lovely chemistry.

It was fun and amusing. I freakin' love the hair on Clay.

The only thing I might that might be possible negative is...Clay's dancing was really horrible. Like ugly puppy horrible - really, really cute - but horrible. I loved it, but it was just horrible. Did I mention it was horrible? Kelly was horrible too but Clay made her look good. But hell, I would still dance with Clay. But if we were in a club, I'm afraid I would have to force him to do nothing but slow drags. Yes, I would be willing to make that sacrifice. Because I'm a natural matyr, y'all.

KAndre, I'll bet a nip or two of your IceWine would make Clay a better dancer..

Edited by atinal